[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this infantile shit so popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (569KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
569KB, 1920x1200px
Why is this infantile shit so popular?
>>
Most people who have watched this were in their mid 10s.
>>
Because most people aren't so infantile to be insecure about enjoying what they watch.
>>
>>159622725
You know the upper range of the target audience for 95% of the stuff on the board ATM is 15 years of age, right?

We're not here to discuss Nihon-Shiki or Catch 22.
>>
it was fun to watch
>>
>>159622725
i was 16 when it aired and I feel like that was the perfect age
>>
>tfw TTGL aired 15 years ago
>>
>>159622813
This is honestly the only reasonable reason. The TTGL fanbase remind me of the EVA fanbase. They keep going on and on about how DEEP TTGL is when its really not.
>>
It aired early Sunday morning. In reality it's a dork's show that masquerades as or doubles as a kid's show.
>>
>>159622813
Most people who watch anime never mentally matured past their mid teens (nobody says "10s" ESL-kun).
>>
>>159622725
A lot of people saw it when they were about 12.
>>
>>159622725
pic unrelated
>>
>>159622725
>infantile
>not wanting to be the very best like noone ever was
>>
Literally the best cartoon aimed at children ever made
>>
>>159622725
>infantile
It's almost like we're in a community of manchildren.
>>
as expected from posercore, only posers consumed it
>>
Boy I sure am smart disliking this popular thing.
Regardless of the content I dislike it and I'm here to tell everyone about it.
Damn Anon you sure are stupid for liking the same thing other people like.
>>
>>159622725
Quality shit posting... not.
>>
>>159628133
Savage
>>
File: 1342973660477.jpg (201KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1342973660477.jpg
201KB, 500x376px
TTGL is great but it lives on a reputation of being better than it was. Most of the folks who watched it in 07 when it aired haven't watched the great super robot shows of the past like Getter, Gunbuster, Dancouga or J-Decker.

To the uninitiated TTGL seems like its the top dog around and a great show but after the people seeing TTGL first go and watch the other, better mecha shows of the past, they realise it isn't as good as they give it credit for. It isn't as bad as the hipsters say it is now but it isn't as good as the die hard fans say either.

Good music and over the top designs carry the show further than the sum of its parts. 6/10 decent.
>>
>>159622725
Its a straight forward and fun show. It's mindless and cliche but the decent animation, music and fast and hype action makes it a wild ride. I loved the show for what it was, then again I'm a huge mecha fag.
>>
>>159623151
It's not deep. It's just motivational and fun.
>Mfw explaining fun to someone with autism
>>
let me guess, you all are atheists aswell right
>>
Better than your favorite anime.
>>
>>159623265
Once you pass a certain age you also don't really care what others perceive as childish. Just enjoy what you enjoy.
>>
>>159622725
It was pretty decent actually anon
>>
>>159623151
>They keep going on and on about how DEEP TTGL is when its really not.
??
All anyone ever did with this show was meme. Much like KLK.
>>
>>159627506
and I look for nothing else out of my entertainment, probably by its so popular, most anime fans are man-children like myself.
>>
>>159623074
it aired ten years ago
>>
>>159627506
god, nia was so fucking shit
>>
>>159622844
true, OP is an elitist faggot
>>
>>159622725
>Why is this infantile shit so popular?

you mean anime as a whole, right?
>>
>>159623074
>dumb frogposter
>>159628643
>/co/shit
Lurk for 2 years before posting.
>>
File: 1D1P-messengerNia.jpg (62KB, 393x500px) Image search: [Google]
1D1P-messengerNia.jpg
62KB, 393x500px
anti-spiral nia is best nia
>>
>>159627506
Did Kamina ever hit that fire kitten?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.