[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Less used Anime/manga settings with high potential

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1445974133554.jpg (140KB, 859x624px) Image search: [Google]
1445974133554.jpg
140KB, 859x624px
Nowadays there's a shit ton of clones
each season the studios be like
>let's check what was popular last season
>make a clone
>profit
Best examples are "stuck in a video game", time travel and RomComs with the same personality types.
My question:
>which settings and genres would you like to see more of?
For me it's stuff like Blame!, Sidonia no Kishi or Blade of the Immortal. I want more brutal and merciless anime/manga but not necessarily bound to gore. I really enjoy, when people have to make choices which contradict their life style and morals. They get pulled back into reality and are forced to deal with "reality" so to speak.
>>
Yeah I miss when anime was basically adaptations of famous books and movie imports.
>>
Fuck originality, give me more Middle School settings.
>>
>>159596736
They don't sell with Otaku.
>>
Harem and pregnancy

Im honestly surprised the nips and their infertile citizens havent jumped on this one hard. Guess its too lewd?
>>
>>159596686
>Nowadays
Every medium has had a ton of clones forever.

>each season the studios be like
>>>/twitter/

> Best examples are "stuck in a video game"
There've been what, three in the last five years? I think I'm done with this post, have a nice time being retarded and new.
>>
>>159596686
the colosseum janitors
you could have several different tournament arcs going on with crazy shit in the background but the main focus is on the guy cleaning out the toilets and washing the bloodstains out of the ring. there could even be a romantic triangle with a ring girl and the bitch running the beer booth.
>>
It's a world dominated by large orc/cyclops like beings. By their nature they are essentially human. Really you could just make them humans even. The difference being that they need an incredible amount of food to survive. Like 20x what a human needs. Either the world or their territory or whatever is completely consumed by farmland. Every bit of territory is farm, factory, butcher, whatever. A world completely devoted to providing food for a starving population.

Could do a few things with it. Cooking anime, large scale battles for territory and crops, Kino's Journey/Spice and Wolf-esc travel and see shit type series. Whatever. General setting is just "FARM" though.
>>
>>159596937
SAO
KonoSuba
Btoom
hack series
mondaiji tachi
NGNL
Overlord
Tate no Yuusha
Accel World
Log Horizon
here are just a few of them which came up just with 1 minute thinking.
each season there's at least 2 for the past few years now. I don't even read that many manga but there are way more manga in this setting or at least very similar, like getting sucked into another world like Rezero or Dungeon ni Deai.
>>
>>159597369
I second this
>>
>>159597369
have all this fight commentary in the background about how so and so is evil and will take over the world but the guys main goal is to figure out which coworker keeps stealing his lunch.
>>
>>159597610
>mondaiji
>hack
>konosuba

>stuck in video game
You're mentally challenged
>>
>>159597387
you really don't need the orcs/cyclops setting for that. lets say global warming reaches the point where water levels rise up so much you don't have enough space and can't produce enough food because most of the landmass will be underwater. millions of people die, everyone's trying to survive, general chaos.
>>
>>159599118
It was originally for a thing I was writing and they were just one race, similar to cyclops, that had that as their territory. Probably shouldn't have included that though, ya.

I don't think the setting would be the same if there wasn't much land for farming. A lot of farm land but a cartoonish amount of farms required is what I think makes it at least slightly unique. I guess just an extremely large population could also do it, but something about a race as intelligent as humans that requires that much food to survive is charming to me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.