[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck did I just watch? Was this shit supposed to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: yuri.png (429KB, 720x556px) Image search: [Google]
yuri.png
429KB, 720x556px
What the fuck did I just watch? Was this shit supposed to make sense? If this is meant to be allegory the message is all over the place.
>>
It's utena. It's even made by the same people.
>>
>>159585514
I don't remember Utena being ass.
>>
>>159585634
Have you seen it lately?
>>
>>159585655
No
>>
>Was this shit supposed to make sense?
Only a bit of sense.
But it was supposed to be enjoyable, so I hope you had fun.
>>
>>159585634
Utena was good, this no. Yuri kuma is meh.
>>
>>159585483
No allegory, Yurikuma is not a complicate show. All makes sense, just it's not deep. This show is bland but have good animation and music..
>>
>>159585483

Ikuni's stuff is like Lynch. Surreal and symbolic but the symbolism is pretty simple. Symbols are also literal sometimes. Bears eating human girls is symbol for converting girls to lesbianism as well as just plain eating them.

Bears = Lesbians

Humans = Straight girls

The fact that bears can change to human = Closeted lesbians, lesbians who appear straight and go undetected by the public. Lulu can't turn human and remains a bear once she's outed.

Wall of Seperation / Extinction = Society and its conventions. Going beyond that is the exact same thing as 'going to the outside world' in Utena. It's growing up, doing what you desire and telling society to fuck off.

Kumaria = Religion. Which is why Ginko feels she's a criminal bear (guilt brought on by religion)

"Let's search Evil!" School stuff = Girls gossipping and talking shit about other girls they don't like being lesbians. Many of them are downlow fucking other girls themselves (hypocrits).

Judgemens = Het dudes who don't care who's wrong or right particularly, just wanna watch the yuri. "Yuri Approved!" happens almost always if it's sexy, cute or beautiful, shabba da doo. Maybe one of them is an ikuni self insert, who knows.

"Eating" drinking honey from the lilies = pretty clearly lesbian sex.
>>
File: funky smell hotel.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
funky smell hotel.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>159587989
what does this represent?

what the fuck was the wuthering supposed to mean
>>
>>159585483
too long, didn't watch: lesbians are people too, yurishitters

side note, I like the sexy whispering lady OP
http://openings.moe/?video=Opening1-YurikumaArashi
>>
>>159587989
But the series bounces between portraying bears as evil murderers and portraying them as sympathetic victims of society. It's really weird if they are meant to be lesbians. What is the message supposed to be?
>>
Will you give up the thing you hold closest, or will you give up on love?

>>159588336
I raise you one promised kiss.
https://a.uguu.se/zIeeu7k4a8kR.mp3
>>
>>159588125

that file name. pretty clear what that represents, Lulu likes her pussy smell. what was the wuthering? I haven't seen this since it came out 2 years ago. need to rewatch.

>>159588349

yeah that's the confusing part. sometimes Ikuhara (like Lynch) uses his symbols literally to move the plot forward. Best I can offer is try to look at it as not so black and white; bears can be both evil and sympathetic depending on the bear... just like lesbians can be both evil, and sympathetic. Lulu was a pure soul; teacher lady was evil bitch.

At least with the characters, the show seems to suggest that the bears/lesbians who suppress their true nature the most are the most fucked up and do the most evil things, as far as I can remember. Ginko and Lulu for the most part just lick up the honey and move on; no need to actually 'eat' them. (I'm aware Ginko 'ate' Kureha's mom, at least that's how I remember it. Don't know what to about that I haven't seen the show since it came out.)

You could also if you want look at the 'being eaten' as being converted to lesbianism. That the girls 'eaten' aren't dead but simply on the other side of the Wall of Extinction off in bear land. They exist, just not in the 'straight' world anymore. Like how people say 'you're dead to me.'
>>
>>159585483
shaba da doo, my nigger
>>
>>159589108

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nnGfhVN5MA
>>
Alls I know is I got the ringtone I still use on my phone today from this show.
>>
>>159585483
The show was an allegory of the treatment of a race of savages native to Japan who practiced cannibalism. This group was at a timed walled off from the rest of Japan, but were eventually absorbed into the rest of the population in the 1930s. To this day the descends of this group still face discrimination despite appearing no different from everyone else.
>>
>>159588958
>what was the wuthering? I haven't seen this since it came out 2 years ago. need to rewatch.
some wind shit or something i think, they brought it up a lot
>>
>>159589541

sauce me up plz

>>159589926

oh, in my sub it was called 'the invisible storm'. That's the gossip / rumor shit that the high school girls do. Getting 'caught up in the invisible' storm is the passive aggressive shit that girls do gossiping about other girls and spreading rumors about them. nothing more effective than making the whole school think the girl you hate is a dyke; even more so if it's true
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.