[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Viz publish colored pages of manga in color?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1496204155294.png (960KB, 1405x982px) Image search: [Google]
1496204155294.png
960KB, 1405x982px
Why doesn't Viz publish colored pages of manga in color? Weren't they supposed to be leaders of the industry?
>>
Do Japanese tanks publish color pages from magazines in color?
>>
>>159580956
Depends, I saw that WSJ series have every colour page grayscaled, but one series from Jump SQ has one colour page every volume (not sure about other series)
>>
>>159581660
That's basically my experience too. They have a few color pages for the first chapter of the volume, and all follow-up color pages are grayscaled; and that's also what I get in localized releases.
>>
>>159580858
They are almost always greyscaled in Japan too, in return, they remove all the advertising that's in the magazine versions, I think it's a fair trade-off
>>
>>159582827
>I think it's a fair trade-off
I think if you pay for something you should get the product that was made. Not shitty greyscales. Just me though I'm sure.
>>
>>159582827
>almost always
Depends entirely on the publisher and the series itself, too.
>>
>>159582886
Manga are produced as cheaply as possible. That's why they're only like 350 yen.
>>
>>159582973
Then they'd print them smaller and on worse paper. Your argument holds no value when the cover is printed in color and extra pages and redraws are included not in the original run.
>>
>>159583074
They are printed on extremely cheap paper. Compared to Japanese tanks, the localized ones are high grade products.
>>
>>159583114
VIZ doesn't even translate double meanings of kanji.
>>
Color pages are reserved for the kanzenban edition. That way they make you buy the series twice.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.