[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't fansubbers ever finish anime they start anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

Why don't fansubbers ever finish anime they start anymore? It seems like most of them just stop working as soon as the anime has finished airing, regardless of whether they have finished their work or not.
>>
File: 1489383535781.png (114KB, 1232x435px) Image search: [Google]
1489383535781.png
114KB, 1232x435px
>>159550966
>anymore
Fansubbers have never reliably finished their shit. Pic related, it's SAC.
>>
>>159551371
Also, that last StB fansub release was fucking three days ago, so I'm not sure why it's even on your image, unless they've specifically said they're dropping it. That's just called being behind, not not finishing your project.
>>
I'm still waiting for more original laughing salesman
>>
>>159550966
To piss you off specifically.
>>
What motivation would you have to do fansubs these days? There's no demand for it anymore other than /a/.
>>
Still waiting for Eclipse to finish Maid-sama and Amagami, and for Daiz to finish Lagrange.
>>
>>159551463
Episode 7 and 8 have been available since May. There is only a fansub of episode 7 two months later. I remember when fansubs were released 12 hours after the episode aired in Japan.
>>
>>159550966
Because there's no money in it.
>>
>>159551649
There is a demand for the four anime I indicated in the OP. FA Girls and Yoru no Yatterman have no softsubs for the complete series. Alice to Zouroku had some weird censoring in the CR release. StBII has no subs at all.

>>159551749
There was never any money in it.
>>
>>159550966
They do it because they want do to so and not to please you.
Now stop being a cancerous manchild here and go back to MAL.
>>
>>159551371
What site is this?
>>
>>159551698
>Episode 7 and 8 have been available since May. There is only a fansub of episode 7 two months later.
Again, that's not them stopping working, that's just being slow.

>I remember when fansubs were released 12 hours after the episode aired in Japan.
You remember when one speedsub group released their subs 12 hours later, you mean. And meanwhile another few slacked off, and if the show was unpopular (or if this was before ~2008 or so when speedsubs started getting faster) you wouldn't be getting those 12-hour subs at all. The only difference now is that CR killed off most groups. The groups that do exist taking forever and/ or dropping projects is not new in the slightest. Back in the day a new MMO coming out could mean a two-week delay on subs, this was common knowledge.
>>
>>159551792
>They do it because
Not asking about that, bro. My question was "why don't they do it." You might want to review your ESL books, specifically the chapter on verb negation.
>>
>>159551893
You are not only a maltard but also really autistic if you are checking for grammar errors from people who know at least 2 more languages than you do on a japanese image board at this time of the night. If you had a brain you'd understand why instead of making this thread.
>>
>>159551851
Looks like abidb.net.

>>159551865
Just like how Cthuko is just being slow about releasing the last three episodes of Yoru no Yatterman, right? It's not a coincidence at all that their last release was only about a week after the last episode aired.

I'm not saying that fansubbers owe me anything, but if you're going to go out of your way and do something that is appreciated by other people, charitably or not, there is such a thing as the right way and wrong way to do it. If releasing free fansubs pleases people (and let's face it, if you're making the fansub, you understand that you're doing it for other people's benefit), then stopping a project halfway or releasing excessively slow, especially when it's only a 1 cour or less anime, is going to displease the same people you're trying to cater to.

>>159552162
I speak three languages, so what? That wasn't "just some grammar error." You changed the entire meaning of the sentence.
>>
>>159552267
>I speak three languages
After reading your post, I'm sure that you certainly don't.
>>
>>159550966
This is what you get for not supporting CR.
>>
File: dunning kruger.png (43KB, 613x481px) Image search: [Google]
dunning kruger.png
43KB, 613x481px
>>159552361
It stands to reason that a person like you would be sure about a much larger number of topics than I am. But I do speak three languages.
>>
>>159552457
そうですか
クワレス・レングアス・プエデス・ハブァル?
>>
>mooom I was exposed as retarded what do i do ?!
>don't worry son, just say that his english is bad!!
I laugh every damn time.
>>
>>159552644
Are you trying to insinuate that:
>They do it because they want to do it so and not to please you.
is a valid response to the question:
>Why don't fansubbers ever finish anime they start anymore?
?
>>
>LOOK MOM I'M ON PROXY NOW!
Sage.
>>
>>159552805
What.
>>
>>159552542
Is this supposed to be transliterated Spanish or Latin or something?
>>
>>159552267
>Just like how Cthuko is just being slow about releasing the last three episodes of Yoru no Yatterman, right?
No, when someone hasn't released for over two straight years, that means they've dropped it in most cases (not all, look at Live-Evil's releases for some truly insane schedules). When someone released an episode three days ago, however, that means they probably haven't dropped it, I don't know see about this is controversial. They're slow, there's really no other way to describe it.

> If releasing free fansubs pleases people (and let's face it, if you're making the fansub, you understand that you're doing it for other people's benefit), then stopping a project halfway or releasing excessively slow
I mean, that's great and all, but I don't think they give a shit. The ones who drop it probably stopped caring, and the slow ones probably only care enough to do it at their own pace. And again, this is just standard shit that's been around forever and was mocked all the time before simulcasts started the "Wow, I miss fansubbing" nostalgia era. Are you seriously just learning that random fucks translating cartoons online for free lack professionalism, or what?
>>
Why are you so triggered with someone's else english mistake?

Really? This is the kind of autist who makes threads like this?
>>
>>159552542
>0 kanji
>>
>>159552939
>I don't know see about this is controversial
Fucked up while changing that, meant "I don't see what about this is controversial."
Now someone or other's going to call me an ESL, since that's how this thread is going.
>>
>>159553066
Is it really that hard to believe that someone could learn three languages?
>Spanish in high school and college, practice in daily life because the country has been invaded by spics
>Japanese on my own after college and living there for work
There is plenty of time in life to learn foreign languages.
>>
>>159552939
At least learn English before posting, monkey.
>>
>>159551371

GitS SAC was a case of cease and desist letters though, same for Gundam Seed- Bandai had a hardon for shutting down fansubbers as soon as they acquired north american rights.
>>
>>159551371
>SAC
But my KickAssAnime sub is finished though.
>>
>>159553968
That's not a complete list, there are a hundred different groups there. I just sorted by date of last release and grabbed the bottom.

>>159553802
Didn't know that, actually.
>>
>>159553075
And it was also a silly mistake. You are no better than your ELS friend.
>>
>>159554315
I was changing it from "don't know what about this" to "don't see what about this," but I accidentally deleted "what" instead of "know." Sue me.
>>
>>159554460
It's ok ESL-kun, that's cute if you really think that you "learned" 3 languages like this even though you don't actually know it. Are you happy with your life now? Get lost.
>>
>>159554549
> It's ok ESL-kun, that's cute if you really think that you "learned" 3 languages like this
Wrong person.
>>
>>159554549
Everyone is fluent in their mother tongue.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.