[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Naruto Filler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

Can anyone who's watched all the filler episodes of both Naruto series answer whether it's worth watching the filler or not?

I'm fine watching filler arcs that actually go somewhere but not episodic bullshit and it seems to me that Shippuden has filler arcs whereas the first series is episodic from like episode 130 to the end.
>>
Naruto is filler from around 135 to the end (135 is mostly canon but leads into filler while 220 shows him leaving on his trip).

I haven't seen a lot of it, but most of it isn't. Some of it isn't too bad in small doses like an arc or two from the original that only lasts a few episodes such as the one 135 leads into (which feels sensible given what just happened. Shippuuden's I'm even less familiar with but some stuff like the material adapted from the novels at the end of the anime isn't too bad. I enjoyed the wedding planning episodes that concluded the series.
>>
finish the canon stuff

watch the filler when you're done, there's a lot of gems.
>>
>>159518997
Naruto shippuden has this arc of pure filler in the Fourth Ninja War. Its about Tsunade and her perfect world. Dont watch that, its just Naruto (show) according to Naruto's (character) wishes.
The rest of the filler isnt actually bad imo.
>>
the only fillers worth watching on the original naruto series are the ones that happen before sasuke leaves and the final filler arc where gaara and the sand siblings are fighting again.
>>
>>159519340
Damn son
>>
>>159518997
The land of the sea arc in part 1 is actually decent filler.
>>
>>159518997
Skip all of them.
They are some comedic fillers that are quite worth watching for laughs but I forgot which ones.
>>
File: 1438572062388.jpg (793KB, 1024x582px) Image search: [Google]
1438572062388.jpg
793KB, 1024x582px
>>159518997
I actually watched all of Part 1 fillers.... when they aired. I was a kid with nothing else to do, but my god was the wait for the cannon stuff to be back was horrendous,

On top of my head, there are actually some good arc in the mix. There is one immediately after the valley fight, where Naruto, Sakura and Jiraija try to infiltrate the Sound Village. It's actually really well paced and had some good character development for Sakura.

Next one is the obvious Hinata arc. It was sort of stupid all things considered. It's about finding a bug that can track anything anywhere, BUT ONLY IF it's exposed to the scent JUST SECONDS after it hatch otherwise it's useless. Oh, and it's really rare. Contrived as fuck, but hey, we were sorely lacking Hinata screen time back then and we took whatever we got. Makes her winning out in cannon all the worthwhile if you ask me.

Last one I remember is about some murder mystery in this feudal lord house or something. It included Guy's team finding out who's staging a coup, meanwhile protecting a prince, who ends up being a reverse trap. Can't remember the details, but it wasn't that bad.

Best thing about these arcs is that you can breeze through them easily, unlike having to wait weeks after weeks of pointless plots that won't mean a thing in the end.

tl;dr: Some arcs are good, rest is shit.
>>
Skip the Pain arc.
Worst filler arc I've seen to date.
>>
>>159524649
Jiraiya vs Pain is the peak of the show, what are you talking about?
>>
>>159524754
I skipped that filler piece of shit.
>>
>>159518997
It isn't, yet I still watched them twice
>>
@159524860
thanks for letting me know you're baiting right away, I won't bother replying to you anymore
>>
>>159524985
Newfag can't quote
>>
>>159524985
Oh, (You)
>>
>>159518997
Skip the whole show all together
>>
>>159524985
(you) have to go back
>>
I remember liking the filler about the curry of life. But that's also pretty much the only filler i can even remember besides the one that was just an excuse to have Rock Lee open his gates again.
>>
>>159521196
what about the oneshot one with the Elvis impersonator and Naruto giving Ino a golden shower?
>>
>>159520685

god Sasuke was such a pos in that arc

>his brother never got assigned that genocide mission and his entire extended family is still alive
>his father is kinda a dick but it's just tough love to help him grow stronger
>he believed in him enough to assign him a 2 year long mission
>as one of the daimyo's personal body guards
>and gave him a very high rank position in the police force when he returned
>he had a village full friends willing to die for him
>he notices naruto grew a little bit stronger than him when he returned
>he spergs out joins up with snake tranny and tries to murder naruto
>>
I stopped somewhere in the 40s or 50s of Shippuden. Its just too goddamn slow, all the OPs make my ears bleed, each fight lasts literally 20 episodes, its like a single attack per episode, somehow surpassed DBZ filler levels if that was even possible, what a shitshow. I think it was the episode where naruto literally stands on a bridge for 2 episodes straight apparently trying to pass a really big shit in front of Orochimaru, that shit was the last straw for me. As soon as I looked at the whole catalogue and realized there were like 500 episodes, I stopped. Learning what happebs to these characters is not worth the 5 years it would take to watch all that, there are better animes with better characters and reasonable episode counts, no reason to waste time with this trash.
>>
It's not even worth watching canon episodes
>>
desu just read the manga
>>
>>159526758
no, dont even do this.

naruto is entry level trash no matter how you look at it. Might legitimately be the worst anime/manga ever made just because it is a combination of all the worst tropes put into one shitty show that takes itself way too seriously.
Nobody needs to know what happens to these characters, nobody needs to know how this stupid story ends. None of it needs to be in anyone's life. Everyone is better off dead having never wasted their time.
Only people who disagree are the nerds who already read/watched it and feel the need to justify wasting a decade of their life on the worst thing ever.
>>
>>159527149
at least it's better than HxH, that's for sure
>>
File: 1499402149571.jpg (36KB, 606x630px) Image search: [Google]
1499402149571.jpg
36KB, 606x630px
>>159527462
i fucking disagree
>>
I think my favourite filler was the one where Naruto and sasuke had to transport this golden statue or something and they get stuck to each other inbetween. It was a pretty funny episode
>>
There are some that are good for a chuckle and some that are decent stories but in the end let's face it: It's filler. For Naruto. There's really no need to think about it too much, just skip it.
>>
>>159518997
>it's worth watching the filler or not?
Absolutely not. It's the brownest kind of shit.
>>
>>159524985
You never replied to him in the first place newshit
>>
From what I remember in part 1 fillers
>episodes about them racing along a coast, rasengan underwater
>a few eps where the villian with the gray hair from the first ever naruto ep returns
>around ep 200 something, Gaara fights this floating sword dick guy and rejects the Shukaku transformation

And my favorite from what I remember is this really comfy episode where Naruto Sasuke and Sakura are trying to take off Kakashi's mask, a comfy ep that I watched with my dad as a kid
>>
>>159524477
You forgot about Onbu episode.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (222KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
222KB, 1280x720px
We can all agree that the storm games are the oprimal way to experience Nardo right?
>>
>>159518997
I've watched all Naruto fillers right to the episode 220.

It's fucking nothing, every one of them starts like
>Naruto annoys Tsunade about how they must find Sasuke
>Tsunade doesn't give a fuck and frankly Naruto is annoying
>She pairs him up with chars from different teams for dumbest reasons (for example, she paired him up with Hinata and dog boy once because they were underperforming and threatened to demote them if they fail back to elementary school)
>they somehow succeed in a mission and make new friends
>Naruto is reminded that they still haven't moved the plot forward and keeps whining
>>
don't watch naruto
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.