[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished watching Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul Root A. Never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: thumb-1920-649533.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-649533.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Just finished watching Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul Root A. Never really read any manga before but loved this story and the characters so much i'm thinking about going with it.
Worth it?
>>
File: obviouslyitis.png (27KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
obviouslyitis.png
27KB, 527x409px
>>159510412
put more effort into it, and you'll get there.
>>
>>159510457
wat. I asked whether or not I should read a fucking manga, i'm not too familiar with this board, how in the assfuck am I baiting shit?
>>
>>159510487
because everyone knows the anime is absolute garbage, and nobody actually likes it. the manga is superior in every way.
>>
>>159510527
weeb
>>
>>159510566
>>159510487
>>159510412
Holy shit.
>>
>>159510412
If I tell you to kill yourself will you do it? You fucking spineless piece of shit. Make your own decisions.
>>
>>159510680
probably
>>
>>159510527
>.
Also side note, I understand the Manga obviously provides a deeper story and more detail, but it's easier to watch an anime, and it can have colour, music and extra visuals to evoke more emotion, which is what made me enjoy it as much as I did. I never said the manga wasn't superior.
>>
>>159510457
Why bother?
>>
>>159510412
The manga went to shit and the anime is not faithful to the manga.
>>
I've never watched the anime. Did they change anything significant in it?

I really liked the first run of the manga, but RE kinda dips in quality for a good while and I feel like it tries to develop too many characters to get much of an attachment to many of them. A lot of wasted potential. It seems like it's coming to a close, though, and I'll stick with it until the end.
>>
>>159512951
>The manga went to shit
wow, that's a pretty hot opinion you have right there, friendo. uhhhhhhh y'all mind if I disagree with you?
>>
>>159513949
>I've never watched the anime. Did they change anything significant in it?
left out background plot to match the sped up pacing (like how Touka and Kaneki lured out Mado ) in the first season but somewhat faithful to the source material. the second season is pretty much anime original (regarding Kaneki's departure to join Aogiri in contrast to him teaming up with Tsukiyama, Banjo, etc. pp. or Touka _not_ being held back by Yomo as the CCG raided the 21. ward)

animation was quite well in the first season but steadily dropped during the second season to deliver glorious QUALITY, thanks to Pierrot. oh, and they also changed Amon's Arata armor in the anime, making it look laughably weak

TL;DR the first season has remained quite faithful to the manga, the second season took major detours but somehow still ended roughly where to manga would take on continuing the story
>>
>>159514064
I'm >>159513949
You have to admit the tone shift at the start of RE was pretty abrupt.
>>
>>159514482
>Pierrot
Oh god. Are we talking Naruto vs Pain fight QUALITY?

At least story-wise, it sounds like they cocked it up less than Claymore...
>>
>>159514490
So what i'm gathering is that the original Tokyo Ghoul manga is definitely worth a read, but Re is a bit of a hit or miss with people? I loved the anime so much and i'd like more backstory on the characters, sorry to be a noob, but I really never read manga and i've only watched like 7 anime.
>>
>>159514647
RE is just about over and it's picking up. It was really just a bit of a dip early on (IMO). It's building up so I'm hoping for a satisfying ending.

It'll probably be over by the time you catch up if you start reading it now unless you're a binge-reader.
>>
>>159514490
yes, that's quite true. it felt like reading another manga at first, to be honest. although I didn't like the dragged out Rue Raid arc and the introduction of numerous new character (or reintroduction of formerly minor characters) making it hard to keep every name and relation between them in mind, I wouldn't say that :re is bad per se.

>>159514531
I haven't watched Naruto but simply comparing the fight between Kaneki and Amon in the second season to the fight between Kaneki and Yamori in the first season, I must say the difference in animation quality is pretty obvious:
https://youtu.be/1wx-hWSTN6k
https://youtu.be/zcrTEJr7fvU

>>159514647
I would definitely recommend you to read the manga if you liked the anime itself. you'll get used to :re once you have reached a certain point in the manga. you might be confused at first (because honestly the story is all over the place and you'll have to remember A LOT of characters and small details to perceive the bigger picture) but it's definitely not bad. in fact, the art in :re is undoubtedly superior to its prequel (although Ishida still doesn't manage to draw fight scenes very well in my opinion).

there are currently 131 chapters of :re released (with another one most likely going to be released today, if I'm not mistaken) and although the pacing has picked up, I still feel that it's just leading to it's climax, i.e. to it's end, very soon(ish)

with all that being said I still have rewatched the first season four and the second season three times, while rereading the original manga once.
>>
>>159515098
Speaking of Amon... They really took WAY too long to bring that character back in RE... He was easily the best character in the first run.

Eh, it's not the best animation Pierrot has put out, but it's better than this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp9wBqIUQ7g

It's like someone watched Masaaki Yuasa's work and said "Yeah, I can do that on 1/4 the budget with no experience in that animation style!"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcSuAhbtIFg
>>
>>159515098
>although Ishida still doesn't manage to draw fight scenes very well in my opinion

100%. Compare it to Araki's work... Each individual page looks crazy, but when you read it, it just flows perfectly. In Tokyo Ghoul, you have to kinda guess what they're doing.
>The guy was in front of him and now he's behind. How did he get there?
>>
>>159510775
translation I can barely read,my vocabulary is that of a child's, I need to be told when to feel and when not feel like shitty shows in 90's with laugh track,and cannot undertand the beauty of still shots
>>
>>159510775
When you read the manga, just read the lines from each character in the voices you're already familiar with and for characters that you haven't seen before, give them their own voice in your head. The true pleasure of reading is in your mind.
>>
>>159510775
>>159515775
>775
>>
>>159510412
Lurk more.
>>
>>159515775
>>159515098
>>159514767
OP here, thanks for the actual helpful replies. Definitely going to read the original manga, possibly Re if I feel like it. I'm sure I will, I really need more Tokyo Ghoul, hah. Thanks for helping out a newfag.
>>
>>159518577
Good choice. The ending of the first manga is pretty fucking great, especially when you compare it to whatever the anime was trying to do.
>>
>>159510412
KANEKI CREAMPIES TOUKA IN THE MISSIONARY POSITION
>>
>>159510457
How so
>>
File: The tokyo ghoul.png (233KB, 514x629px) Image search: [Google]
The tokyo ghoul.png
233KB, 514x629px
>>159510412
KANEKI GETS SUITCASED
ETO (BEST GIRL) LICKS KANEKI EYEBALL
TOUKA DISSAPEARS FOR LITERALLY 150 CHAPTERS THEN COMES BACK FUCKS KANEKI AND GETS PREGNANT
THE TOKYO GHOUL GETS FINALLY REVEALED (pic related)
AND BE THE BECOME...
>>
>>159523720
BE
>>
>>159524210
THE BECOME
>>
>>159523720
fuck

asshole
>>
>>159523720
touka disappears? noo :c
>>
Sex with tomboy waitress girl
>>
>>159525020
THE TOKYO GHOUL!
>>
>>159525020
PENIS
>>
>>159525163
anon...
>>
File: favorites.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
favorites.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Fuck Eto, fuck Touka, fuck Hinami, fuck Saiko. We all know who the real best girl of TG is...
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.