[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is One Piece worth watching? I have a lot of spare time this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: filing_images_3e64edf39bcb.jpg (283KB, 636x379px) Image search: [Google]
filing_images_3e64edf39bcb.jpg
283KB, 636x379px
Is One Piece worth watching? I have a lot of spare time this summer so I was thinking of watching One Piece. I'll be honest, the character design looks atrocious, but I love me some good fight shonen and I've heard a lot of praise around OP. Should I expect anything new from it or will it regurgitate everything I've seen in DB, Naruto, Bleach and HxH? Also should I jump over all the fillers and certain arcs?
>>
Read the manga instead.
>>
>>159508953
Fuck off and figure it out yourself, summer.
>>
>>159508953
Read the colored version of the manga. It is official coloring, not fanmade.
>>
No it's really not you're not missing out on anything by not watching it
>>
>>159508971
I hate reading battle shonen, I can't really follow the action unless it's animated, maybe my brain is too slow.
>>
>>159509059
The anime has awful pacing and animation. The more of it you watch the worse it gets - the latest episodes only adapt one chapter per episode (17 manga pages made into 20 minutes) - you can imagine how bad that is.
>>
>>159509106
You have to admit that it starts off pretty great. Once we hit Timeskip everything goes to shit.
>>
>>159508953
don't listen to these guys >>159508971
>>159509015
>>159509056
>>159509106
according to /a/ no anime is worth watching
>>
>>159508953
The series itself is a good shounen, but the anime's pacing goes to absolute shit past the episode 150 mark or so, and the art and animation change to a terrible style past episode 200, so definitely switch to the manga before then.
>>
>>159508953
>regurgitate everything I've seen in DB, Naruto, Bleach and HxH
It does a bunch of those, especially DB but it's an enjoyable experience. What set it apart from other battle shonen is that the cast actually interacts with each other and not just the main character interacting with everyone else. Their relationships are well put together and they're funny as shit. Be warned about the fact that it's not really great until they get out of East Blue(with a few exceptions)
Also don't worry about this >>159509106
If you marathon it then the pacing won't seem so bad and you can always skip those 5 minutes of recap they do.
>>
>>159509133
You're a fucking retard. I watch plenty of anime, OP is just a really long waste of time.
And bring some counter-arguments if you want to contradict me. What do you have to say about the pacing and animation of the show? Do you even watch it?
>>
>>159508953
The anime is okay until about Shabody Archipel. If you watch you, switch to the manga as soon as you get there. You don't really miss much by ignoring the anime after that
>>
>>159509343
pretty much this
>>
>>159508953
It's worth reading more than watching. The pacing gets worse around the episode 400 mark, so you're better off sticking with the manga.
>>
>>159509133
I would agree, but OP's anime is complete garbage, especially after the introduction of HD, the "early" SD episodes look great and the pacing was fine then.
>>
>>159510036
>>159510178
alright, I'll read the colored manga, thanks
>>
>>159511373
If that's your decision then be sure to check out G8 arc (eps 196-206) after the Sky Island arc. It's generally considered to be one of the best filler arcs in all battle shonens, it's on par with many OP's manga arcs.
>>
>>159509122
>You have to admit that it starts off pretty great.
No it doesn't. The artstyle is awful. The animation has never been great either. It doesn't start of 'great' at all.
>>
>>159508953
yes its worth, switch to the manga after the timeskip
>>
>>159509133
>according to /a/ no anime is worth watching

Unless it's some loli moe shit.
>>
>>159508953

Read the manga and watch clips of it online.
>>
it is very good, start with the anime,and then continue with the manga, the manga is masterful.
>>
One Piece is easily the best shonen series of all time. Nothing else comes close to its detailed world building and the great cast of characters. One Piece is also the most focused in terms of plot, so it will keep your attention. Once you experience One Piece, you'll wonder how you ever put up with Bleach and Naruto since they both really lack direction by comparison.
>>
>>159519853
One Piece is a comedy though
>>
If fight scenes is all you care about then give up already
>>
>>159521586
Imagine having such poorly animated (1p anime) and scribbled fight scenes (bleach manga) you have to pretend you don't care
>>
>>159509133
>according to /a/ no anime is worth watching
One Piece anime was pretty good for a while, but I've watched the latest episodes and the pacing is shit. It's a waste of time appreciating single frames and characters taking 2 or 3 seconds to answer questions, on tops of flashbacks and recaps. They're going for 1 manga chapter = 1 anime chapter, and the result is utter shit. The manga is an infinitely superior choice. I would tell him to watch the anime until it becomes unwatchable garbage, but I don't know when it starts.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.