[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to marry Benten!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

File: 1483307768359.png (281KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
1483307768359.png
281KB, 640x359px
I'm going to marry Benten!
>>
>>159489306
Even after her hair got burnt off?
>>
File: Benten.jpg (57KB, 736x798px) Image search: [Google]
Benten.jpg
57KB, 736x798px
Why do you want to marry Ben ten? I don't really see his appeal
>>
I'd rather Gyokuran or Tousen
>>
>>159490585
Oh my rubber ben
>>
S3 when?
>>
>>159492531
3-5 years
>>
>>159492324
Yasaburo is such a smug mother fucker
>>
File: 1498428027822.jpg (277KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498428027822.jpg
277KB, 1280x720px
>>159489306
>main character stop fantasizing over shitty parasitic crush and gets together with the cute childhood friend that actually cares.

Fucking incredible, its so damn rare for this to happen.
>>
>>159492324
>>159493353
This series responsible for 2 freaking adorable romances yet when you look at the amount of screen time they have together it's not that much. It's a testament to how good the character interaction is.
>>
>>159493353
In a series where everyone around Yasaburo wants to be something other than what they are it shouldn't be a surprise that the fool is the only one with his head on straight. Yasaburo wants nothing more than to be a tanuki and do what tanuki do.
>>
>>159493498
Well I mean Yasaburo was being something he isn't with his free way of living. One of the big implications of him getting with Kaisei and leaving his obsession with Benten in the past was that Yasaburo's free way of living caused harm to himself and those around him. He idolized Benten because she was what he wanted to be, a free spirit who does whatever she wants. But reality starts to kick in that when you disregard responsibility like Benten you negatively impact those around you only to be left on your own when your personal Nidaime comes along to knock you down.

Kaisei, on the other hand, represents responsibility, everytime Yasaburo was in a position where he could tend to family business she would cover for him (ie taking care of Akadama, looking after his mom in thunderstorms) and above all else was always watching Yasaburo to bail him out when he gets in over his head. Him choosing Kaisei is an analogy for him accepting responsibility and toning down the free spirit but still retaining his foolish disregard for danger in way of her dismantling his transformation.

To put it less eloquently, nigga just got better taste in waifu and that's all that matters, Benten was kind of a cunt, Kaisei was cute as hell.
>>
Real talk though, who here actually though Kaisei ever had a chance of winning? I always was kind of bothered by how slim her chances were in the last season, I was very pleasantly surprised how the 2nd both put a big emphasis on romance but directly tackled the very reasons Kaisei's chances were so slim. More shows need to do this, make the girl with no chance actually win.
>>
>>159494059
I thought she was going to win all along desu. Benten and Yasaburo just would not work at all.
>>
>>159494224
>Benten and Yasaburo just would not work at all.
Thats why I thought for sure Kaisei was screwed, anime tend to go for the more dysfunctional couples.

Granted Kaisei and Yasaburo are kind of dysfunctional too. But I'm sure they will find a way around the detransformation stuff. I just hope their character interaction is as good in season 3 as it was in 1 and 2. Just cause they are a pair now doesn't mean I don't want to see them bicker over petty shit.
>>
I missed the the threads while this was airing to watch it all in one sitting avoid novel spoilers. I don't like they used the FF and tanuki hotpot as a plot device again with Soun as the big bad AGAIN with some tanuki feud sprinkled around it. I liked how Yasaburo confirms by the end that Benten is out of his reach and is finally accepting Kaisei is the one for him. His weakness revel was pretty cute and I love how nonchalantly Kaisei appears herself to him after the reveal just to bullyhim.
Story wise S1 was better but S2 was a lot more entertaining and had better character interaction. I cant wait for the next one in 202X
>>
>>159494332
>tanuki feud
*tengu feud
sorry
>>
>>159494332
That's essentially my thoughts on it as well. Nidaime wrecking Benten multiple times is was great.

>>159494322
Well I mean it's not a harem. Dunno, Kaisei seemed like the more natural choice to me all along while Benten was more of an unattainable fantasy.
>>
>>159494332
I kind of like that the FF and hot pot was the conflict again just cause we got to see a different side of it. Plus one of the big points of the season was how Yasaburo's carelessness leads him into the same dangers he has before which is why he grows up a lot by season's end. Subtle but effective character development. Kaisei's increased screen time and importance greatly helped this season.

I'll be more upset if soun is the big bad again next season, but if they are gonna parrallel things I'd love it if they parallel the final ep. In Season 2 Yaichiro gets married, and season 3 we'd get to see kaisei and Yasaburo get married. Volume 3 will apparently be the final book afterall so just go all in on it.
>>
>>159489306
gyokuro a sweetheart
kaisei a cute
benten a hoe
>>
Also Benten's tears knowing he will eat Yasaburo was a nice touch. Her subtle hints to Yasaburo about wanting him since S1 was for that moment. "I always have been kind to you." was one of her best lines, and you can see how Benten treats Yasaburo so different from the others around her. Too bad for her Yasaburo knows his place.
>>
>>159494332
You missed the gold of Benten-fags trying desperately to damage control. Some of them were actually trying to say Yasaburo got NTRd. You know the guy who went off and got a fiance got NTR'd by the burnt chick crying in a sunken hotel.
>>
File: horriblesubsuchoutenkaakxf.jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
horriblesubsuchoutenkaakxf.jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
Fine by me, I'll have Kaisei.
>>
>>159493068
Sometimes he's too smug for his own good.
>>
File: four sons.jpg (438KB, 1280x2880px) Image search: [Google]
four sons.jpg
438KB, 1280x2880px
>>159493717
This is a good post.
>>
>>159494633
I was on the Benten ship too since I like the idea of forbidden love beyond social status but when Yasaburo made it really clear (I think since S1) that they weren't meant to be and Kaisei being end game I accepted the direction the story went to.

There was a scene really wanted though, but I am not sure it was a joke by novelfags. About Nidaime asking Yasaburo to be his friend and Yasaburo rejects it. If it was real it could have solidified Ysaburo's point of view in Tengu-Tanuki relationships.
>>
File: 1470129712146.png (3MB, 1652x927px) Image search: [Google]
1470129712146.png
3MB, 1652x927px
Best girl
>>
>>159494832
there was apparently some cut scenes from the book and some rearranging so maybe that did happen and it got left out.

The only change i know was the scene where Yasaburo reinstates his marriage with kaisei actually happens after episode 8 when he finds out about the transformation. The anime decided to move it to be the final scene. Frankly I kind of like it being the last scene more but I guess you could argue Yasaburo getting with Kaisei then adds more weight to the "Ive always been kind to you" line from Benten right after.
>>
>>159494964
She was so adorable actually, but I cannot tell if she was CGI or a 2d drawing. The way the fur moved was so weird.
>>
What was Benten and the Nidaime relationship supossed to be? It felt like the Nidaime can't allow himself to like her because she reminds him of his lost love, while Benten kind of likes him but is too much of a proud bitch to act like a normal person, that scene where Nidame burns her hair looked like she put down her defenses thinking he was going to kiss her.
>>
>>159495138
Benten tried to conquer Nidaime like any other men and failed. And Nidaime has the most disappointing backstory ever about a lover that looks like Benten. This was one of the low points of S2.
>>
File: 1490233018569.png (2MB, 1651x926px) Image search: [Google]
1490233018569.png
2MB, 1651x926px
JUST
>>
>>159495050
The impression I had was that she was a computer effect, but her tiny face was animated over it. Just my guess though.
>>
Oh fuck was that Benten's younger brother?
>>
>>159495220
That storyline becomes alot more interesting when you realize Benten if very likely the grandkid of that ex lover. The sunken hotel benten stays at is even the same hotel where his lover was.
>>
>>159495412
Looks like it, season 1 left a ton of lose ends for season 2 to pick up on and it looks like this is doing the same.
>>
>>159492324
Gyoku-tan a cute. A. CUTE.
>>
>You lived long enough to see Benten get blown the fuck out three times
Based Nidaime.
>>
>>159494582
I thought that line was super bitchy, like "at least I didn't try to eat you"
>>
>>159497634
No she really wants to eat her figuratively and literally. He's the only person she find's interesting in her own world. That's why her line was very sad and angry.
>>
>>159497733
Also don't forget this is the first time Yasaburo actively went against her and Benten always treated him different from the rest.
>>
File: 1475812225682.png (2MB, 1658x931px) Image search: [Google]
1475812225682.png
2MB, 1658x931px
Press S to Spit on Grave
>>
>>159498592
>grave
>>
File: 1498458755545.png (153KB, 644x1787px) Image search: [Google]
1498458755545.png
153KB, 644x1787px
>>159494832
>>159495011
It did happen and unfortunately it got left out.
>>
>>159497072
You lived long enough for
>Benten to be thrown off chair by based nidaime
>Benten lose in a fight to based nidaime
>Yasaburo get over her in favor of much better waifu
>Benten get lit the fuck up.

It's really just a great present for not getting killed yet.
>>
>>159498693
He didn't get eaten by the Friday Fellows.
>>
>>159498722
just saying, this anime got them tourism money so season 3 is a guarantee, it might feel weird to sit on it for so long but I bet you that scene might happen in S3.
>>
>>159497072
The fact that she missed her chance at redemption and happiness by getting with Yasaboro is just so satisfying. This is her fault.
>>
>>159498794
I hope it does because it was really nice. I also hope they show Yasaburo's other female transformation. He turned into a cute blonde in the book.
>>
>>159498855
Its a really bizarrely successful series, I was shocked that it did as well as it did cause you hear so little of it and the BD's arent that great if not abysmal. But apparently it got genuine interest from mainstream watchers that dont even know what anime is and is backed by kyoto tourism agencies (yeah this magical series is a freaking tourism commercial)
>>
>>159499039
>But apparently it got genuine interest from mainstream watchers that dont even know what anime is

That's because it has appeal other than fan service tits and moeblobs. It's like an animated soap opera that uses the medium to tell a story it wouldn't be able to in live action.
>>
>>159499039
>the BD's arent that great if not abysmal.
Do you mean the sales were bad or that the BD is actually bad?
>>
>>159499039
I don't know where did you get the impression that its successful but being backed by Kyoto and adapting a real novel is extremely nice, for once you aren't trapped in the terrible shit hole of corporate meddling to try to to appeal to heavy spending otaku.
>>
>>159489306
Okay, just be sure to keep her away from open flames. I heard she's flammable.
>>
>>159500456
DELET
>>
I want another heartwarming lovely series like this. Sadly I can't expect anymore from most modern anime
>>
>>159497733
>>159497952
Eh, the way I saw it what she meant was that she treated him different from everyone else because he also treated her differently from everyone else, as in he didn't treat her like a horrifying hungry god, and now that was lost.
>>
>>159489306
Excellent taste.
>>
>>159498761
no he got yanked into hell. Did you not finish the show?
>>
File: 1484505981713.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484505981713.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>in s1 Benten asked Yasaburo to fetch her the moon
>in s2 Yasaburo indirectly did so by getting hypnotized, letting her hold the moon in her hands

Pottery
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.