[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /a/'s thoughts on rampant Germanophilia in anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: Asuka_Langley_Soryu.png (343KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Asuka_Langley_Soryu.png
343KB, 714x1000px
What is /a/'s thoughts on rampant Germanophilia in anime?

> random German words in names
> mangled German pronunciation
> not!Bismarck clones
> German "magical" elements
>>
You need some positive gaijin to balance out all the Americans.
>>
File: succ-dicc-op.jpg (190KB, 1404x872px) Image search: [Google]
succ-dicc-op.jpg
190KB, 1404x872px
>>159485789
they miss their nazi waifu
>>
Maybe they miss the good ol' days of the great Japanese empire and their friends from the axis.
>>
File: 1484597331814.png (36KB, 221x212px) Image search: [Google]
1484597331814.png
36KB, 221x212px
>being a dipshit
You realize that the Meiji government brought in a bunch of German academics in an effort to modernize the country in various fields (e.g. law, medicine, etc.), right?

Germans had a huge influence on modern Japanese society, so no shit the Japanese still have an affinity for German culture.
>>
>>159485875
That was really mean, please delete that post, thank you.
>>
>>159485789
Hitler-kun was a weaboo, he even wore a kimono outfit. I guess that's why they like German culture? One of Anno's themes is Western/American imperialists, and a German girl is is favorite character.
>>
>>159485789
Because Germany is the greatest country on earth, all countries should have a love boner for them too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BS8f8SvYlQ
>>
>>159486075
>You realize that the Meiji government brought in a bunch of German academics
everyone knows that op, how is that you don't have a clue of japan history, periods, cuisine, tv and religion? what a retard
>>
>>159487403
I hope you're not being sarcastic.
>>
>>159485789
They were the only true western allies they ever had.
>>
>>159485789
>Bismarck
Fucking american education
>>159487549
Holland, dude. Everyone loves the Netherlands. Sigh, don't talk history if you don't actually know it.
>>
>>159487793
Irrelevant countries don't count.
>>
File: 259.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
259.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
>>159487855
are you from like South Sudan or Palestine and consider country's that don't acknowledge your existence as "irrelevant"?
>>
>>159487938
Yes, Holland is irrelevant and the equivalent of fiji in the east.
>>
>>159488086
t. Principal of Alabama Public High School
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.