[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miyazaki: "Your Name's success is merely a dumb trend"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 23

File: 17527262.jpg (139KB, 714x956px) Image search: [Google]
17527262.jpg
139KB, 714x956px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMQVYdfqKUU
>>
"Modern cars were a mistake" - Hayao Miyazaki
>>
Wow, another poorly-subbed ANN-tier miyazaki bait thread oh boy. Someone make sure to invite /v/
>>
>>159485756
Salty and jealous
>>
>>159485756
The guy should seriously get a colonoscopy, being constantly butthurt at this age is a worrying symptom.
>>
He's just butthurt he can't into meme magic.
>>
>>159485756
He's 100% right.
Shitkai is a terrible director who has never made a good movie.
>>
I don't know how anyone could watch Your Name and think it's anything more than trendy
>>
>>159485756
>btw
Translation disregarded. As much as I hate Miyazaki I hate shills like you more.
>>
Does this loser have nothing better to do than to irl shitpost about Your Name all the time. What a bitter pathetic old fuck
>>
>>159485756
He's not wrong. Everyone who irrationally hates Miyazaki is underage.
>>
>>159486762
Yeah, he should be meta-shitposting on 4chan instead.
>>
>>159485756
Literally nothing he's saying here is wrong. I don't see the problem.
>>
>>159485756
Nice job completely misquoting him for bait. Real good going OP.
>>
Regardless if those are his words or not it's obviously true. As much as I enjoyed Kimi no Na Wa, its success is but because it is the flavor of the moment. I could say the same for Koe no Katachi, but, although it wasn't as popular it at least has a relevant thematic outside the movie itself.
>>
Based Miyazaki being right as always.
>>
>doesnt say a single bad word about your name and godzilla and admits that he didnt watch either
>hurr durr he hates kimi no na wa
lol
>>
>>159487008
>didn't watch shin godzilla
This must hurt Anno-chan.
>>
>>159486777
I hate him rationally
>>
>people are still this mad kimi no na wa is more popular than their favorite movie
Must be because the BDs are out soon.
>>
>>159487270
What's your reason?
>>
>>159486552
WTF I love Hayao now.
>>
File: 1493800155587.png (400KB, 450x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493800155587.png
400KB, 450x720px
Why are they soliciting political opinions from an anime director?
>>
>>159485756
>>>pol
>>
>>159485756
>doesn't watch movies or tv
but how does he anime?
>>
File: yuzuconsider.jpg (361KB, 1506x997px) Image search: [Google]
yuzuconsider.jpg
361KB, 1506x997px
Koe no Katachi is a much better anime than Kimi no Na Wa.
>>
>>159487830
That's just, like, your opinion man.
>>
File: mary and the witch.jpg (102KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
mary and the witch.jpg
102KB, 1180x842px
>>159485756

Miyazaki hates anything that he didn't make himself. He refuses to acknowledge or even watch the film one of his own apprentices made, and only offered this for praise: "you must have worked on it for a long time"
>>
>>159485756
>we suck at war
Ha, he's spot on.

Pacific theater was one-sided curb stomp which, I feel pretty bad for Jap soldiers.
>>
>>159486912
Nobody even remembers Koe no Katachi anymore.
Shilled to hell and back and forgotten after a week.
>>
He's right.
The movie is the same shitkai shit he ever spat out. Hoshi no koe still the best.
>>
Good to know even 80 year old Japanese men know how terrible mexicans are thanks to our media influence, fuckers

also not anime
>>
>>159486552

The Smile PreCure OP ran in my head when I read this.
>>
>>159488038
Hardly
>>
File: 1143.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1143.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
I didn't think the old grandad in the rocking chair shouting at the world stereotype exists but this guy fucking hell.

Also he's right about Your name, These hits do happen from time to time.
>>
File: 1493942989553.png (110KB, 245x438px) Image search: [Google]
1493942989553.png
110KB, 245x438px
I feel fond of Miyazaki, no matter what he says. You can't expect an old man to have the same thoughts and feelings as us.
Has he said anything about other Shinkai movies?
>>
File: 1483991862668.jpg (25KB, 489x484px) Image search: [Google]
1483991862668.jpg
25KB, 489x484px
>>159485756
Miyazaki... genius at animation, idiot at everything else.
>>
Eh, he says he his movies have been successful for the same reason.

The problem is more the fact that he says he doesn't watch movies or TV. For a filmmaker, that's pretty distressing, and comes off as arrogant.
>>
>>159485756
FUCKING LEARN ACTUAL JAPANESE INSTEAD OF RELYING ON BS MADE UP SUBS
FUCKING SUBHUMANS
>>
>>159485756
Hates Trump, but hates Clinton too at least he knows neither were good a choice. Kind of like picking what flavor of poison to drink. Everything else he didn't out right said he hates.

>>159488754
This isn't a new concept many makers hardly ever watch/play the very the thing they are involved in. My teacher was a voice actor for some anime and he never once watched a single episode of it.
>>
Why does he try so hard to live?
>>
>>159487394
hates moe
is feminist faggot
>>
>>159488754
I hear more often than not that great filmmakers rarely spend time watching contemporary stuff. I don't see why you think that's bad, if anything he's benefitted from it.
>>
>>159488910
Where'd you hear that?
>>
>>159489019
everywhere
>>
>>159488910
Moe did ruin the animation industry though he was right about otaku pandering garbage flooding it.
>>
>>159485756
Majority of the posters ITT have responded to the OP statement, not what Miyazaki actually said.

Terrible thread. Indicative of the knee-jerk reactions this board has though.
>>
>>159490206
>Majority of the posters ITT have responded to the OP statement, not what Miyazaki actually said.

Good, I'd rather this not turn into another Drumpf thread.
>>
>>159490462
Delete this counterintuitive post.
>>
>>159485756
t. Hayao "Anime was a mistake" Miyazaki
>>
>>159485756
>He actually didn't watch your name nor Shin Goji

kek, that's a worse insult than saying they were just a stupid trend.
>>
>>159486560
And anything Miyazaki isnt'?
>>
>>159488877
Because the wind is rising
>>
>>159491014
You think otherwise?
>>
>>159488754
He's a luddite so it makes sense. He used to watch a lot of movies when he was younger though, while he was drawing Nausicaa he'd go to the theaters in the middle of the night and watch the beginnings of movies in order to get inspiration.
>>
>>159485756
when you're old, EVERYTHING looks like a dumb trend
>>
as a strong independent woman who don't need no land travel, I agree with everything Miyazaki says
>>
>>159488038
>He refuses to acknowledge or even watch the film one of his own apprentices made

Because he's too busy directing his own?
>>
>>159490462
Shh, don't give them ideas.
>>
>>159490922
he also said he doesn't watch pretty much any movies or TV. He also didn't say it was a stupid trend, just a trend and one similar to what ghibli experienced as well.
Honestly Miyazaki's just pretty cheerful and nice in this interview.
>>
>>159486552
wtf Im a Hayaomissile now
>>
>>159487519
>>159488242
>>159496312
/a/ never surprises me with its stupidity
>>
>>159485756
He is not wrong, but he is still bitter old man that needs to fuck off.
>>
>>159485756
>misleading OP
>not even saying offensive shit in the video
>ITT people salty on Miyazaki

nu-/a/ everyone
>>
>>159488910
moe is shit tho and you are factually retarded for defending it
>>
Who is this Hayai Miyazuki person and why is he relevant?
>>
>>159486552
That's not what he said at all. Did we even watch the same video?
>>
>>159496648
hella fucking epic
>>
>OP makes up a quote
>/a/ just assumes it's real and doesn't watch the linked video
This thread must be full of burgers.
>>
>anime industry full of old retards who don't even watch anime and suck westerncock

Please save us Shinkai.
>>
>miyazaki hates otaku culture and modern anime cliches
>endorses anno

what the fuck
>>
>>159485756
He doesn't even say in the video you utter retard
>>
>>159485756
He was horrible, even worse than a CG animator

He was, may Kami-sama forgive me for uttering this word: enthusiastic
>>
>>159485756
can't wait until this hack dies but I can agree with him that Kimi no na wa is garbage
>>
>>159496888
Because Anno is a suicidal Otaku that promotes suicidal otaku tendencies. So, by supporting Anno he is in fact culling the Otaku population of japan.

Genius move, tbqh.
>>
>>159488754
>he doesn't watch movies or TV. For a filmmaker, that's pretty distressing, and comes off as arrogant.
this isnt an isolated behaviour. a lot of the big western film makers during thes70-90's also didnt watch contemporary products. they were more influenced by the things they've seen in the past, and it continues to drive their creative instinct better than any of the consumerist garbage. the same is true for anime, back when budget was not a major issue and otaku didnt control the market with their spending power, we got a lot of very good shit. now it's just the same thing recycled ad infinitum.
>>
>>159485756
He is correct though

Just like Spirited Away.
>>
>EOP central
>>
The old man just wants to retire, he's sick of people still asking him shit every day like he knows anything, he just wants peace.
>>
Miyazaki in this video:
"Fuck moe. Fuck Trump. Fuck Mexicunts. And last but not least, fuck Shinkai. I haven't watched your latest film, but I bet it's shit for not being directed by me or Takahata. Fuck you for being more succesful than me."
>>
>senile old Jap has a good understanding of the trump phenomenon
>most Americans don't

Hmmm
>>
>>159488754
>he says he doesn't watch movies or TV
And neither do guys like Lynch
>>
>>159488065
>japs singlehandedly taking on the west and ready to fight for decades more after getting nuked

Heh.
>>
>>159485756
>I don't like modern day cars
>They look angry
>Maybe because we sell them to China
Savage.
>>
>>159500241
I feel like this results in their work being extremely consistent over large periods of time. Lynch was influenced by 50s Americana when he started making movies in the 70s, and you still see that influence in his work today. I feel like that's why every Miyazaki movie from Nausicaa to The Wind Rises has a very similar humanistic tone.
>>
>>159503337
>humanistic tone

You're a twat.
>>
>>159503475
>getting this mad that your moeshit is so bland it has no tone or feeling to it whatsoever
>>
>>159503720
You're why people hate on Miyazaki
>>
>>159503720
But Miyazaki is moeshit.
>>
>I have lived long enough to see that coexistence with the Korean "people" is an impossibility. Japan must re-arm itself in order to scour their beastial kind from the face of the earth!

Does this mean we can expect more environmentalism in his upcoming film?
>>
>>159485756
>japan is bad at war
nigga what
>>
>>159485813
He's right about that thing.
>>
>>159485756
>doesn't watch movies
Miyazashit everyone.
Plebian
>>
>>159496484

It's like that on most boards. People don't read the linked article and instead just dive into arguing the fiction that the OP posts. It's pretty sad.
>>
He's not wrong. It's not a bad movie but for some reason it exploded and rode off its own popularity and hype. It's the snowball effect in full force. It happens every now and then.

Most recent example I can think of are fidget spinners.
>>
>>159491014

He has produced films with a wide depth and breadth of plot lines, worlds, and narratives.

Your name is generic and fits very well into a mold established by previous anime films with predictable narratives, cliched tropes, and a dumb obsessive audience singing its praises.
>>
>>159504861
>previous anime films with predictable narratives, cliched tropes, and a dumb obsessive audience singing its praises.

Thanks for describing every Miyawacky film ever made.
>>
>>159488853
>This isn't a new concept many makers hardly ever watch/play the very the thing they are involved in. My teacher was a voice actor for some anime and he never once watched a single episode of it.

Sure, but acting in general is very different. And a VA that doesn't study others is going to be garbage anyways.

>>159488965
That's bullshit. Hell, what is film school but an excuse to watch and study movies? Maybe once you have mastery you don't need to study, but it's arrogant to brush things off as "I don't need to learn anymore." Look at Takahata, that man clearly keeps up with styles, trends, and techniques.

>>159498661
>>159503337
You can be a great filmmaker, and still arrogant. Clearly, looking at Miyazaki, that's possible.

That's also why his movies are terribly homogenous and lack innovation. Say whatever you want about Your Name, it shows a tremendous amount of improvement and humility on the part of Shinkai, clearly addressing the issues with his previous movies and improving on his weaknesses.

And while, sure, some directors don't watch contemporary movies, they still watch some movies. They still go back and pick up their favorite Bergman flick and study it. To say you don't watch any movies or TV at all is tremendously arrogant and self-important, but most of all self-destructive hubris. Is a great writer who refuses to read admirable?
>>
>>159504861
>He has produced films with a wide depth and breadth of plot lines, worlds, and narratives.
What?
I mean, Shinkai isn't great, but even he's done more interesting plots than Miyazaki. If you're talking about Takahata I'd agree. But Miyazaki has been on the top too long, and refuses to let his AD's innovate or experiment on his own, rather always going back to themes and aesthetics that are comfortable for him personally.

Again, compare Takahata and Miyazaki movies. Miyazaki movies have almost identical three-act structures, very similar characters and themes, and an almost identical aesthetic across all of them since nausicaa.
>>
OP is a fag.
>>
>>159485756
He's right about everything
>>
>>159504910
>it's arrogant to brush things off as "I don't need to learn anymore."
Has he said this or are you making things up?
>>
>>159505092
If he says that he doesn't watch movies anymore,.that's the implication for a filmmaker.

That said, he is retired now.
THAT SAID, he comes out of retirement every 5 years so it's still kind of narcissistic. That's pretty much all of Miyazaki's career. Fantastic filmmaker without an ounce of humility, who makes great stuff while he could be making earth-shattering films if he was only a little more willing to learn and experiment.
>>
>>159505160
I don't think that's implied at all
>>
>>159505187
That's what he's been implying with his work for the last 20 years, anon.
>>
>>159485756
Gramp should just retire already .
Oh wait .
>>
>>159505212
Oh you're right after all, silly me
>>
>>159504987
I agree that Miyazaki's movies have been bad since Spirited Away (arguably included).

Nonetheless, Laputa, Porco Rosso, Totoro, Kiki, and Mononoke Hime have diverse and interesting plots and themes. I agree that the narrative is rather classical, but I don't think it a major flaw.

Your name is a very common love comedy, with a rather dumb and predictible twist, and a magic induced happy ending. The setting and theme are in my opinion rather shallow. As a romantic drama, I infinitely prefer the Gibli (not Miyazaki) movie Ocean Waves, which is grounded in reality and gains from it.
>>
>>159498661
>back when budget was not a major issue and otaku didnt control the market with their spending power, we got a lot of very good shit. now it's just the same thing recycled ad infinitum.
This is what nostalgia babbies actually believe.
>>
>>159505160
Thats not the implication at all, and it is it goes to show that you don't even understand the main themes of his work. Read his book of essays and then re-watch The Wind Rises and maybe youll be able to understand. And he still makes earth-shattering stuff. The thing about Miyazaki is that no matter how people much dislike him personally or critique him for inane reasons his work simply transcends it all. He truly is a once in a lifetime filmmaker, there will never be anyone like him ever again.
>>
>>159504910
>Say whatever you want about Your Name, it shows a tremendous amount of improvement and humility on the part of Shinkai, clearly addressing the issues with his previous movies and improving on his weaknesses.

It's literally the same shit as all the other garbage he made except someone slapped him upside the head and told him to write a fucking ending this time.

Besides this point, your argument in response to >>159488965 is fucking stupid because pioneers of the industry didn't have any goddamn school to study from, They just did shit. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Do you think that directors who did silent movies went to film school to learn how to make them?

Orson Welles knew fuckall about movies and learned everything he could on set. The reason Citizen Kane turned out the way it did was because Gregg Toland, the cinematographer, did everything Welles told him to without remarking about traditional shooting techniques or styles (which Welles was ignorant of), since Toland was fucking bored of traditional Hollywood shooting techniques.
>>
Elevens tend to go full retard over trendy things of any sort (movie, singer, band, comedian, etc). The thing gets mentioned in every variety show, they play its theme music everywhere, and after 6-18 months nobody gives a shit about it because the next popular thing has arrived.
>>
>>159504910
I'm sure youre being needlessly autistic about his statement of not watching TV or film; he just meant in the contemporary sense. I agree with you on most part but homogeneity or the perception of it is something that for lack of better word "artist" do not need to concern themselves with. a lot of the greats have only a handful of themes that they explore. life is not enough to be proficient at a multitude of skill and those not willing to commit to a single calling risk becoming a jack of all trades. to say that there is no innovation at all though is just a blatant lie.
>>
Miyazaki always hits the nail on the head and of course, the disillusioned weebs dislike it.
>>
>>159505160
>he comes out of retirement every 5 years

He's an old man now, he's turning 80 in a few years. I doubt we'll be seeing much more of him.
>>
>>159503720
But that's wrong.
Moe as a concept is practically the epithome of human emotions.
What you may call moe is cheap animation that evokes the feeling but not moe by itself, the very act of you dissing the moe as bland is hipocritic like a person crying for the hungry negroes of africa then promptly turning back to more pleasant stuff.
>>
See how this nigga's ass likes it when Kimmy sends a nukarooski right on his front lawn
>>
>>159491014
Miyazaki has always been stuck in the 70s
>>
>>159485756
based
>>
>>159488065
After raping SEA, the British fleet, China and Russia at the same time.
>>
>Your Name signifies the death of Otaku era
>Miyazaki still isn't impressed
Maybe he doesn't understand the significance of Shinkai's and Your Name's achievements.
>>
>>159512448
From what you're saying it sounds like you don't understand either.
>>
>>159486777
Or old enough to see that his movies are kinda the same always or just the typical SoL movie without any deep or meaning.
>>
>>159488205
that because he is old and still has the nationalism vs capitalism. If it was up to those types all Toyota and Honda would be made in japan and shipped to the world.

they just want Japanese jobs

Mexico is prime target since it big on in auto sector were it make some cars,but really they make alot of car parts especially for jap cars
>>
>Its a dumb trend
>All he said was big hits happen from time to time and said it was the same with his movies
Nice try OP.
>>
>>159511788
They fucked with the USA they suck at war.
if they just let the jewessay sell it guns and make it shekels it wouldn't enter the war. Japan would probably just fend off the soviets,after ussr start curb stomping hitler since he reached to far
>>
>>159485756
Well he's not wrong
>>
File: hayao-miyazaki.jpg (36KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
hayao-miyazaki.jpg
36KB, 480x270px
>"Everything I say people misquote and makes dumb headlines" - Hayao Miyazaki
>>
>>159488826
The subs themselves don't say that either
why is no one watching the video itself even
>>
Since when hating Mikazaki is a fashion? What do people accomplishes with this?
>>
>>159515337
Le funny shitposting

It dominated 4chan as a whole to this point. Everything is ironic, the more you act like a retarded, the better. Never compliment, always shit on everything, that's the way to go

Funny how 4chan, a site full of itself for being the bastion of the internet, synched perfectly with Facebook and Youtube status quo
>>
>>159487830
Disappointing to know a fellow yuyubro could have such bad taste
>>
I really don't like people translating the name. It comes across as a Reddit/Dumblr dubfag thing. Please stop doing this.
>>
>>159486410
>>159505560
Beyond the Clouds was great, as was Shinkai's very underrated ghibli clone "Children who Chase Lost Voices" or something along those lines.
>>
>>159514321
Japanese political analysis at the time concluded America would inevitably join the war against the Axis and documents revealed this was true
>>
>>159485756

Misleading thread title

Fuck you OP
>>
>>159516478
Misleading, the Japanese Naval intelligence arm said this, and it was to try and get Japan into conflict with America. This was mostly down to them wanting to put there big, shiny battleships to use, since if Japan did not actually go to war with America or Britain, what was the point in the navy building the monstrous Yamato ships?

Army intelligence meanwhile said the Chinese/Soviets were about to invade and destroy Japan's presence on the Asian Continent in Korea/Taiwan, because if they weren't then how could the army ever justify its ever increasing demands for men and material?

Japan's entire war machine was completely fucked on a strategic/tactical analysis level.
>>
>>159511788
>fucking with Russia when it was ruled by the most useless tsar in their history, that single-handedly managed to undermine the centuries-long Russian empire hard enough to let the commies take it
Wow what an achievement.
>>
>>159485813
underrated
>>
>>159518297
Really didn't help that the Army and Navy really fucking hated each other.
>>
>>159506037
>The reason Citizen Kane turned out the way it did was because Gregg Toland, the cinematographer, did everything Welles told him to without remarking about traditional shooting techniques or styles

Wow, it's like hes doing his fucking job or something.

God, you retards who keep pretending that Miyazaki is on par with directors like Welles, Hitchcock, or Fellini are braindead morons.
>>
>>159485813
>80´s car is better
DO YOU LIKE MY CAR??
>>
>>159524344
Implying he isn't
>>
File: 1499503496950.png (1MB, 850x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1499503496950.png
1MB, 850x1003px
>>159485756
>You´re favorite anime is SHIT!!
>I haven´t watch
>>
>>159526250
It's your claim retard, back it up. It'll be sure to give me a good laugh.
>>
File: 1483673871851.jpg (29KB, 542x421px) Image search: [Google]
1483673871851.jpg
29KB, 542x421px
>>159526330
Miya-chan is kawaii.
>>
>>159514863
anime was a mistake. it's all trash.
>>
>>159526416
In terms of influence within his own medium, I'd say he's on par. But to compare him to those directors on the grand scale of cinema is like apples and oranges.
>>
>>159486560
What does this even mean?
>>
>>159526330
keked and saved. gonna post this forever.
>>
>>159526566
What's not to get?
>>
>>159526416
It's my claim and it's the same claim as those who canonized Welles, Hitchcock and Fellini.
>>
>>159526545
>In terms of influence within his own medium

Fucking hilarious, you really have no idea what you're talking about. Tell me, why is animation still made like slideshows? Why are animators still not being paid wages? And when was the last non-Ghibli anime that had a budget over $20 million.

He lives in an ivory tower shitting on everyone for not having his resources.
>>
>>159526960
>the same claim

Which you can't even put in your own words, you retarded piss for brains faggot.

I don't blame you though, there's nothing to back up such moronic thoughts like yours anyway.
>>
>>159526782
...and that is NOT fake subs. He REALLY said that.
>>
>>159485756
"Modern x is a mistake" - Hayao Miyazaki
Does he like anything about the modern world at all? Anime, cars, politics, movies, he hates it all
>>
>>159527200
"I hate (You)" - Hayao Miyazaki.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU6Cp2cB-30
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>159527177
I feel like you're too upset to even try to have a conversation with. You are of course aware that he's regarded as a master filmmaker worldwide, right? Do you just think everyone got him wrong except you?
>>
>>159527529
>You are of course aware that he's regarded as a master filmmaker worldwide, right?

You are of course aware that literally nobody outside of Japan gave a shit about him until Disney brought Princess Mononoke here, right?

You are an idiot who knows nothing about the history of anime and masquerades Miyazaki as being the end-all-be-all of the medium when the truth is that he is just the one person who was lucky enough to be supported by the foreign film industry and with more cash than anyone else to rehash his films.

Welles, Fellini, Hitchcock- none of them ever had such overwhelming resources nor idiotic public and critic cocksucking at the time they were alive. It was only decades after their prime that they received such recognition.

Miyazaki is pop culture. He's like Spielberg.
>>
>>159527529
>Do you just think everyone got him wrong except you?

Everyone in the west also currently thinks Shinkai is Miyazaki's successor, so take that what you will.
>>
>>159527791
I mean, yes, having a major distributor helps for exposure. I don't think that point is relevant. I do believe I know a lot about the history of anime, and while I did not and would not call him the end-all-be-all of anime, ignoring his influence is just ignorant. To say that those other directors did not see success during the lifetime is just untrue, are you exaggerating for effect?
>>
>>159485756
He isn't wrong but >>159485841
>>
Did any of you even watch this video, holy shit.. He didn't really state any radical opinions.

The only thing he said that was really wrong was that unemployment was increasing in the states. It's been going down for years.

>>159511788
It isn't winning a war if you can't hold the terroritory. They just burned themselves thin. The japanese love wasting energy in war.
>>
>>159528206
>I don't think that point is relevant.

It is, because nobody else in the history of anime has ever had such public exposure, until Your Name came along, and we all know how overwhelmingly positive critical and audience reception were to that movie even outside of Japan. Exposure is everything, and it is what separates a true director like Kon, whose influence has touched far more directors than a pop-culture rehasher like Miyazaki.

>I do believe I know a lot about the history of anime

You clearly fucking don't.

>To say that those other directors did not see success during the lifetime is just untrue

Influence does not mean making a movie that a big-name director loved as a kid. Citizen Kane is influential because its techniques established the modern formula and foundations of cinematic technique. Nothing Miyazaki has ever done in film has had that profound level of influence, not even in his own medium.

You're embarrassing yourself, just as I expected.
>>
>>159528426
>Exposure is everything, and it is what separates a true director like Kon

despite not having the same resources and promotion like Miyazaki, I forgot to include.
>>
>>159485813
They actually are, nothing more than a consumerist toy. They phone home with telemetry and tracking data, spying on your every move.
>>
>>159528426
>Nothing Miyazaki has ever done in film has had that profound level of influence, not even in his own medium.
>being this much of a /a/ contrarian
>>
>>159528657
>I can't back up my own retarded claim so I will keep using reddit-tier buzzwords to disguise my stupidity
>>
>>159528426
So, the difference between a true director and a mere pop culture phenomenon is that the latter attained more exposure? Would Kon cease to be great if he was promoted worldwide? I'm certain that's not what you're saying, but that's all your giving me to work with.
Regarding history, Miyazaki was a key figure in defining anime's aesthetic in the 60s and 70s, as well as having a role in monumental works like Horus, Heidi, Lupin and Conan.

Can I ask where the butthurt comes from? Is it just that you feel his popularity is unjustified?
>>
I love Miyazaki threads. So much salt from KyoAnifags
>>
>>159485756
SALTY AS FUCK
>>
>>159529250
>So, the difference between a true director and a mere pop culture phenomenon is that the latter attained more exposure? Would Kon cease to be great if he was promoted worldwide?

Kon would have never be promoted worldwide because his subject material is not as sellable and marketable like Miyazaki's. That is where the Spielberg comparisons come from.

You are confusing influence within a medium to influential to pop culture. Spielberg is the latter but not the former, and the same goes to Miyazaki. Even then, Miyazaki is incomparable to Spielberg because none of his techniques or philosophies are mainstream in modern anime, and never have been.

If you want to bring out the "Miyazaki influenced people like John Lasseter and Pixar", let me remind you that Kon influenced people like Nolan and Arafonsky. Comparing those two to Pixar, guess which has more merit?
>>
>>159529250
>Regarding history, Miyazaki was a key figure in defining anime's aesthetic in the 60s and 70s

Fucking hilarious, that was Tezuka. Miyazaki wasn't even a character designer- that Nippon Animation style that he's been rehashing for decades came from Yoshifumi Kondo.

>Horus, Heidi
That was Takahata.

>Lupin
Not his franchise, and his film was a flop when it came out

>Conan
Are you serious? Got obliterated into obscurity the year it came out by a little known series by the name of "Mobile Suit Gundam". Though it did establish all the foundations of a Ghibli film. Funny how 40 years after it aired, Miyazaki is still rehashing Conan.
>>
>>159496741
This is American 2ch, what the fuck did you expect?
>>
>>159529250
>Is it just that you feel his popularity is unjustified?

His popularity is indeed unjustified, though I can't say I'm surprised it took you this long to figure that out, given how slow you are.
>>
>>159529880
>Got obliterated into obscurity the year it came out by a little known series by the name of "Mobile Suit Gundam".

Small correction, MSG came a year after, but my point still stands.
>>
>>159504473
Blame it on the OP.
>>
>>159529880
I think at this point you're being purposefully ignorant, aren't you? And talking about flops when just a moment ago you were using commercial viability as a negative is just plain frustrating.
>>
>>159530479
>And talking about flops when just a moment ago you were using commercial viability as a negative

Miyazaki's Lupin was a flop and forgotten. Because his Lupin was not what was in the manga, and nobody followed his example afterwards. Grabbing such a specific example to prove your pathetic point is pitiful.

Welles, Fellini, and Hitchcock were never commercially viable or a big part of pop culture like Miyazaki and Spielberg. That's why I say they're incomparable.

That's all I need to say to destroy your flimsy piece of shit argument.

Miyazaki is pop. Nothing more.
>>
>>159505782
So he's basically Kanye West?
>>
>>159506142
Sounds like America sans CNN/FOX's spin on things.
>>
>>159507248
>Moe as a concept is practically the epithome of human emotions.
No it's not.
Moe is making something adorable for the sake of making it adorable and is often used as a crutch in lieu of competent storytelling.
>>
>>159515497
>synched perfectly with Facebook and Youtube status quo
Wrong. 4chan as a whole still doesn't eat up westacuck shit pushed by media conglomerates unlike those other sites you mentioned.
>>
>>159531404
It sure eats up stormcuck propaganda though.
>>
>>159531744
>stormcuck
What's this?
>>
Whats his opinion about Kyoani?
>>
>>159531282
>is often used as a crutch in lieu of competent storytelling
Not him but there is nothing wrong with this. Storytelling doesn't always have to be the most important part of a work.
>>
>>159505560
I agree, but I think Kiki and Totoro especially were when things started going downhill. I was not a fan of Mononoke, although Spirited Away was such a nice crystallization of Miyazaki's philosophy that it's hard to dislike.

That said, I don't view Your Name as a love comedy, really. I think the romantic aspects were the worst. I prefer to look at it as a musing on fate, disaster, and modernization with a charming romance backbone. In that sense, I think the movie succeeds very well, and very subtly and emotively expresses its themes, similar to 5cm/s.

>>159506037
>It's literally the same shit as all the other garbage he made except someone slapped him upside the head and told him to write a fucking ending this time.
Well, then you just know nothing about animation.

Shinkai's films have always overwhelmingly suffered from the fact that his character art and background art are shaded very similarly, making it somewhat visually disorienting as you have to search the frame, and the fore and background are not separated for most of the film. His photography background doesn't always translate well.

In this movie, there are drastic changes in character art palettes and shading, making it so that the characters actually stand out, and the lighting is far less dappled.
This is among dozens of similar small improvements that you can see compared to his earlier work.

>>159506037
>pioneers of the industry didn't have any goddamn school to study from, They just did shit. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Do you think that directors who did silent movies went to film school to learn how to make them?
And as anyone who knows anything about film will tell you, their work was very often pretty shitty. Even famous ones like Welles and Weine.

>Toland was fucking bored of traditional Hollywood shooting techniques. You must know convention to subvert it, and therefore study is always useful.
Yes, but that's the point.
>>
>>159506338
>I agree with you on most part but homogeneity or the perception of it is something that for lack of better word "artist" do not need to concern themselves with. a lot of the greats have only a handful of themes that they explore. life is not enough to be proficient at a multitude of skill and those not willing to commit to a single calling risk becoming a jack of all trades. to say that there is no innovation at all though is just a blatant lie.
Sure, but great artists improve throughout their career and always find interesting ways to get their ideas across.

No one is denying that Miyazaki is a great filmmaker. But the problem is the hubris. He is a great filmmaker while he could've been even better. I don't think his work holds a candle to Takahata, and that's because Takahata never stops innovating.
>>
>>159532660
You could replace "competent storytelling" with "competent X" where X is literally any aspect of Japanese animation and the statement would still hold.
>>
he's not wrong
it's memkai's shallowest movie, but sure it's better than most kyoani flicks
miyazaki can't compare to Takahata or his films
>>
I bet Miyazaki was particularly offended by Children who chase lost voices. Can't blame him, Shinkai's films seem like a shut in trying to write melodrama.
>>
>>159535399
Miyazaki is an otaku-hating Chad.
>>
>>159485756
It's funny because it took me a couple of minutes to realize he was actually saying all that, at first I thought the subs were intentionally wrong like in the Hitler videos.
>>
Why does Miyazaki hate us so much?
>>
>>159485756
>Shinkai-dono singlehandedly BTFO all his post Spirited Away works with a single movie.

I can understand why he's so buttblasted and salty. He pretty much lost his touch after Spirited Away and kept churning out mediocre feel-good shit like HMC and Pongyo.
>>
He's not wrong, there hasn't been a big hit from Japan in the western world in a while and something was bound to hit after such. Anyone that sees Your Name can see why did it succeed but at the same time it's clear why it won't be remembered aside from a mention here and there on some romance anime movies list.
>>
I haven't watched this film but for what reason is it so popular, i.e. what tropes and trends does it ride on that are celebrated in east and west?
>>
>>159541496
It's essentially an 80s sports film fit inside a "save the world, take the princess" plot with greek mithology and gospel as an addition to go along with it. Made by Disney in its period of discovering a hole in the market of animated Broadway.
>>
>>159541496
It's mainly the premise that doesn't come up until the end of two people falling in love before they've even met and a climactic cataclysm to overcome. Most of the rest is body swapping jokes.
>>
When someone says that Miyazaki is bad,i know that he is a contrarian,an elitist or a retard
>>
>>159541496
>>159541873
Ah shit wrong thread: It's the usual melodramatic tripe by Shinkai but with the addition of metaphisical and folklorical elements into it, aside from being a "film-puzzle" (thing that lures many people in the theaters when it's done in the ways of blockbusters) with a big shocking twist in the middle and a feel good end.
>>
>>159485756
He is too old to make a romance anime, hence butthurt
>>
>>159542049
>contrarian,an elitist or a retard
It's possible to be all 3.
>>
>>159541948
>Most of the rest is body swapping jokes.
Since when is genderbending popular in the west? You rarely see it in big movies (Scooby Doo) and having it a Japanese animated flick is like asking normalfags to write it off as degeneracy and go back to capeshit.
>>
>>159544017
Body swapping is decently popular in teenage movies and shows.
>>
>>159544017
It was a staple in early 2000s cartoons
>>
>>159543725

Actually the funny fact is that he NEVER did romance well. He tried, but he cannot into women in romantic roles. I'd venture that he kinda cannot into "realistic" women (as opposed to girls, Kiki works in this regard). I'm not saying that his women aren't good, mind you: Kushana is still Nausicaa's greatest character, but's she someone from an epic cycle, not someone you'd meet in streets. His "real" women in romantic roles are...I don't think anyone could say that the romance in Kaze Tachinu was realistic, to say the very least. Personally I tought that for all his talk about anime being "impressionistic" he wasn't better than your usual moeshit there.

He probably tried "realistic romance" with Sophie in Howl, actually, but that's a pretty bizarre character. Never feels coherent.

>not to say Your Name was a fantastic movie, but at least it felt natural in this regard, no complaints
>>
>>159544079
>>159544224
Yeah but that was over a decade and a half ago. The social climate has changed and I'd expect such topics to err too close to the LBGT ideology for things to go over smoothly.
>>
Everytime I see a thread like this I love watching his movies even more knowing that people are bleeding out of their asses to discredit this guy and he still gets the money and interviews and praises, just as if nothing here matters to him in the slightest
>>
>>159485756
>We japanese are bad at war
Just when I thought he couldn't get more based
Makes me genuinely sad he will die in my lifetime
>>
>>159544341
You make it sound like 51% of the population wouldn't be down for that.
>>
>>159526330
I feel like he is some alt-version of myself
>>
>>159544453
Are you implying that
>51% of the population
would be down for LBGT shenanigans or that they would enjoy partaking in the shitstorm rising from such shenanigans?
>>
>>159526566
The easiest way to think of things in terms of being trendy is with fashion because it's the most obvious. Once you identify it there, think of how it may apply to the film.
I haven't seen it, so I'm just pointing out how you need to consider this argument in order to counter it.
>>
>>159526330
And he's still right
>>
>>159544587
Not him, but yes. Even the catholic Ireland voted for LGBT rights per referendum. Heck, even Trump supports them
>>
File: 1499326820193.jpg (91KB, 1766x643px) Image search: [Google]
1499326820193.jpg
91KB, 1766x643px
>>159486560
>"Shinkai is the Miyazaki of our era, he'll always be better than those phonies at Kyoani lul how will they ever recover amirite guise?"
>"Oh shit Miyazaki actually shittalked about Your Meme in an ANN-tier interview, better follow the trend like a dumb sheep and badmouth the movie like everyone else, im totally not deranged guise!"
/a/ is not better than /v/ at this point, honestly the only thing left is unironical e-celeb threads.
>>
>>159544341
LGBT normalisation is something that has been going steady for pretty much decades. And it also has nothing to do with the movie on the subject. What are you on about?

>>159544277
He's pretty awkward at romance, one of the reasons Howl and some parts of Chihiro are a huge mess, but you're missing Porco Rosso's women and romance, though, which might as well be the things you're looking for.

As for Kaze Tachinu, I think the movie's very badly represented as a more realistic film just because it's based on a historical figure: it is still a fantasy, and a pretty personal one at that, an allegory about the paradoxes and tragedies of creation in general, art in particular.

Nahoko is not a grounded person as much as a symbol of relief in the usually downtrodden story of Jiro, hence the change in the ending in the final version of the film. Her depth as an actual character is null, nonetheless, but her significance in Miyazaki's filmography is interesting, since it's one of the only times he has written a woman in a sort of traditional role and managed a death within the narrative (thing that he didn't do since Nausicaa, more than 30 years, a huge taboo within his work!), with tuberculosis, even! (let's remember his fixation with the illness, which her mother suffered)
>>
>>159544947
>Shinkai is the Miyazaki of out era
This is one of the multiple ways to stop idiot critics and reviewers who try to talk about japanese animation without knowing jack shit about it. Even /a/ is above that.
>>
>>159544785
You faggots are asking for it. Its like how faggots say in countries there is a majority approval of faggotry when in reality its a majority disapproval. Then your agenda moved on from letting people vote it away to forcing it into law without a vote.
>>
>>159485813
America has crumbling infrastructure because city """""architects""""" designed big cities around the least efficient transport possible.

Cars are a mistake.
>>
>>159544955
>LGBT normalisation is something that has been going steady for pretty much decades. And it also has nothing to do with the movie on the subject. What are you on about?
>he doesn't see the easy jump from body swapping/gender bending to LBGT
For the record, I have nothing against lesbians, gays, or bisexuals. Trannies are just disgusting inside and out.
>>
>>159544341

>LGBT themes
>in moonland

Not sure why you guys are thinking whatever USA thinks about themes matters. It's been a success in Japan first, and otakus watched on the planet, like... well, basically everything now, there is no real distance, we watch that shit a day or two after them.

I personally think the message of "accept your other gender's side" is probably more acceptable in first world's countries than, say, a decade ago, but you're rationalizing it too hard. It's a generic romance anime, done decently at the very least, everyone would like it and does. I'd focus on the "realistic" aspect actually, if anything. Otakus are captured first by the more fantasy aspcets of anime/manga, but shit is quirky AS FUCK. In Your Name it's pretty much perfectly undestandable for anyone

>oddly enough this is true in Miyazaki works as well. He might feel like he used all the weed in the world for a movie, but in the movie it's clear by itself what are "boundaries" of magic and shit

>>159544955

Don't make me talk about Nahoko, man, 'cause I am still mad.

Not really for the character (tough honestly, really Hayao? That's your best shot at a "real" woman? And you're gonna shit on Marnie's having blonde hair after that? But I digress), but because he's going on about "impressionistic and unrealistic characters are gonna be the death of anime" since... I dunno? Thirty years?

And then he "retires" with that.

No, seriously. Nahoko, in relationship with his view of things in animation, was not ok.

And I am still mad. I might be taking it too personally, 'cause for me he is something more than just another director, but... jesus, no, that's not fair at all and to think people will not see the problem with that character and his opinion (which people will take for granted)... bah.

>and I liked that movie. Possibly one of his best 5. Hell, was almost crying in the theater at the end.
>>
>>159545441
Yes, but the film doesn't in any way talk about differences in gender roles outside of the simplistic rural-folklorical/urban lifestyle distinctions within its first section or the disphoria that could result of living in a body of a different sex. It simply doesn't tackle it outside of the easy joke and routines. Your prejudices have little to do with the text itself.

>>159545590
>LGBT themes
>in moonland

Well, yes. The nation that gave rise to fucking Versailles no Bara in the 70s, or Shoujo Kakumei Utena and Evangelion in the 90s (to say really popular things) can at least tackle these themes. Hell, even be really comfortable with them.

I understand your issues with Nahoko, but I don't think her character correlates with the issues Miyazaki talks about the industry. It's a really classical female character, like straight out of Holywood's 30s, really traditional. Something that he really didn't tackle since... never, really, Cagliostro maybe. It's not inherently unrealistic, it's just absolutely romantic.

Kaze Tachinu is, after all, a helplessly nostalgic film, it's one of it's other glaring contradictions, how it sees Japanese society within the war with nobility and grace but also depicting the conditions of this society as self destructive, burning within itself. The section with the german man is really telling in that regard. It is a film like Russian Ark, by Aleksandr Sokurov or the episodes about Nazism in Heimat, in that regard: it sees grace, but also the near collapse that would happen.
>>
>>159515901
> Children who Chase Lost Voices
This was crap and by far his worst movie. It had pretty designs but was just bland, lacked a real sense of wonder/adventure, and the characters felt flat. He shouldn't try to imitate Miyazaki again, he's bad at it.
>>
File: 1492078522967.jpg (251KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1492078522967.jpg
251KB, 1000x1000px
I guess he's right but it's more like he's looking for excuses to dismiss it than anything else
>>159488038
I doubt anything leaves ghibli without Miyazaki's stamp of approval (eathsea is the exception) he has nothing to do with yonebayashi's new movie though
>>
He would fuckin' know, huh?
>>
>>159488038
1)Miyazaki clearly likes and is cordial with Isao Takahata (who with he disagrees in work ethic) and Hideaki Anno. I bet he also likes his John Ford, as I can see from his last movie. There's no such thing as a filmmaker that doesn't like movies.
2) The only time Ghibli's newcomers were worth anything was in the 90s: One faded into obscurity, the other died. The ones that started working at direction in the 2000s are mediocre at absolute best.
>>
>>159547828
Marnie is great though
>>
File: 1484442422130.gif (462KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
1484442422130.gif
462KB, 500x271px
Besides the fact he just said he didn't see the movies

I still fucking adore this man, he's so adorable
>>
>>159547828
>1)Miyazaki clearly likes and is cordial with Isao Takahata
No, he doesn't. I mean, as a person, sure, but he's on record saying that he doesn't like anything Takahata made since Heidi.
>2) The only time Ghibli's newcomers were worth anything was in the 90s: One faded into obscurity, the other died. The ones that started working at direction in the 2000s are mediocre at absolute best.
Hosoda had plenty of talent, come on. He unfortunately has failed to really mature / capitalize on it, but he was a hell of a newcomer and still shows some really cool stuff amidst his noew mostly-dull stories.
>>
>>159548353
If I remember correctly, he said that Heidi was his masterpiece, not that he disliked everything else (him liking Hols better than Anne of the Green Gables or Omohide Poro Poro is something I can't get my head around hahaha). Specially since they worked together on Anne and the Green Gables and Marco and have been working as producers in each other's movies. He was clearly pissed off at him taking his sweet time at making Kaguya, that's undeniable.

Hosoda didn't work in Ghibli as far as I know, and isn't linked to Miyazaki outside of appreciation and rather exageratted and, if I may be honest, dumb attempts to find a genealogy within anime that starts with Miyazaki's bum.
>>
>>159548745
hosoda was going to direct howl's moving castle but whatever he came up with was rejected
>>
>236 posts
>16 files
>>
>>159527200
I hate Miyazaki and his inbred-tier movies but Modern shit sucks
>>
>>159528206
He didn't influence shit though since barely any anime copied his outdated 70s style bullshit
>>
>>159548745
> Hosoda didn't work in Ghibli as far as I know, and isn't linked to Miyazaki
They were bringing him in, but then he got frustrated with the production and quit. Whether/how Miyazaki was involved in that is unknown.
>>
File: 1340923203483.jpg (41KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
1340923203483.jpg
41KB, 640x634px
>>159485756
Shinkai drew people's wish of safe life unlike Ponyo
>>
>>159527200
>>159550426
the post Y2K animation doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the old stuff, colours are too bold and sterile looking, the old movies even if they are kind of washed out and grainy the animation blends perfectly with the backgrounds
>>
>>159545441
I don't have anything against people who are LGBT. I have everything against the Jews who promote this shit as "normal" when in fact it's a mental illness that should be treated.

People who are LGBT are victims.
>>
>>159550932
>le old animation is better because of grain meme xD
Kill yourself
It had nothing to do with grain/film and all to do with the physical watercolors used which cannot ever be recreated through digital means

Cels looks a million times better than the actual films themselves for a reason. Because they don't have any film grain in them.

If you took Cels in good condition from old anime and photorgraphed them to super high resolutions they would look 100 times better than the film versions we have
>>
>>159551534
I just mean the end product
>>
>>159485756

>I don't watch any movies or TV

Miyazaki is literally David Lynch
>>
>>159526163
YES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvN7J-iH-AM
>>
>>159485756
Miyazaki the hero /a/ needs, but not the one it deserves right now.
>>
File: 1495354712794.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495354712794.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>159554444
>Watching any post-modern seasonal garbage nowadays
Can't get over how people were praising Mr Robot like its some masterpiece when its just Fight Club for normies
Also the character is schizophrenic but he gets laid in episode 1? fuck that show

>>159555182
/a/ doesn't deserve shit
>>
>>159556682
How in the fuck isn't Fight Club more for normies than Mr. Robot?
>ree the character gets laid that means the show is shit
Pathetic.
>>
>>159556682
>normies
I have no idea what this movie even is, but fuck back off to wherever you came from.
>>
File: oh no its retarded.jpg (38KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
oh no its retarded.jpg
38KB, 500x440px
>>159557795
Its not about simply getting laid you actual retard
Its about portraying a ''loser'' with a severe mental retardation who gets his dick wet in the first episode, its fucking unrealistic written by shitty hollywood producers who think being a loser is driving a BMW and only getting laid 5 times a month
Even with all it edgyness Fight Club still gets a point going and was also one of the pioneers in the whole ''fight-packed, nerve-wrecking philosophical movie'' style
>>
>>159558019
>people that have sex cannot have problems
Imagine being this autistic.
>>
>>159558323
>Still insisting on the same point I just completely debunked right now just because he can't accept his favorite series is pleb garbage
Imagine being this delusional
>>
>>159558393
But you didn't debunk shit, you basically just said
>this guy cannot have mental issues because he gets laid, its unrealistic
People with mental issues have sex sometimes, some of them even get to marry.
>>
File: 1457248591086.png (384KB, 631x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457248591086.png
384KB, 631x720px
>>159558482
No, I said he was supposed to be a loser, a failure, someone broken, if he got laid after some character development I wouldn't care at all, but the show doesn't even try, I know people with mental disorders get laid its current year ffs, even Fight Club ends up with Martha and the protag together after a whole movie of development
Its like when the show is about a guy with a six pack, money, friends and gf but somehow its still a loser just for the sake of the plot, fucking bullshit lazy writing
>>
>>159558594
Having sex with the girl next door that has contact with you only because she gets you drugs is not the epitome of "success".
Getting laid is not this important milestone that makes you normal.
>>
>>159545590
Are you a woman? Naoko was a great character and her relationship with Jiro was on one of the best parts of the film.
>>
File: 1453531758592.jpg (52KB, 467x413px) Image search: [Google]
1453531758592.jpg
52KB, 467x413px
>>159526330
I want to be like him when I grow up
>>
>>159560181
I'm just like him already.

Except I'm poor, anonymous and haven't produced shit yet...
>>
File: 1376194130641.jpg (266KB, 905x720px) Image search: [Google]
1376194130641.jpg
266KB, 905x720px
>>159526330
>he's your average /a/ person.
Holy fuck it makes sense.

>haven't watched x.
>still critique it.
>>
File: 1422405768997.jpg (22KB, 402x277px) Image search: [Google]
1422405768997.jpg
22KB, 402x277px
>>159488474
You seem like a nice guy, anon.
>>
>>159487830
True
>>
>>159488205

Did you even fucking read what he said dumb american?
>>
>>159563085
I couldn't hear you over the sound of freedom obsessed eurocuck.
>>
shit thread
>>
>>159487394
Miyazaki is a pedophile, and yet he acts like he's better than everyone else.

Literally the Tezuka (Furryfag) of our generation, considering he's not dead yet.
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.