[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stand Alone Complex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: yukinasa gits.jpg (41KB, 439x620px) Image search: [Google]
yukinasa gits.jpg
41KB, 439x620px
Is there a mindset I need to get into to enjoy this? I've been watching the Toonami rerun and while it's a good show, I feel like I'm not 'getting it' as much as I should. I don't if it's the weekly format or what.
>>
>>159451885
Only high IQs can truly appreciate this masterpiece. Low IQ brainlets such as yourself shouldn't even bother watching.
>>
>>159452123
whats so great about it
>>
>>159454821
absolutely everything
>>
>>159451885
Maybe it's not for you. Not everybody can have good taste. It also helps to have read the manga or watched the first movie.
>>
>>159457235
such as
>>
>>159459316
Everything. Can't you read?
>>
>>159457294
Yeah, this /a/non gets it.
OP is emmiting an opinion without giving us some substance to support it.
Please OP, elaborate on your GITS previous experience. But even without previous exposure, the series provide enough background to understand it, maybe something you are unable to grasp is evading you
>>
>>159461625
That's literally it, first time viewer of SAC, don't know anything else about GitS other than bits and pieces like manga pages and movie stuff.
>>
>>159461851
please let it be the 95 movie the one you are referring to. ultrasimplified sinopsis:
In GITS SAC there are a series of hacking incidents, as they happen should it be clear that those are not random but they have a purpose. to unveil some hidden truth that could tarnish some powerful players' reputation.
I will not say more because that would be spoilers.
>>
It's basically CSI:Future Japan with some sci-fi like cyborgs, AI, brain hacking, etc.
If you're not into that then you just won't like it.
>>
>>159459316
There's nothing good about it. Proof is that idiot who can't even answer a simple question. The only people who "like" just want to feel special.
>>
SAC really isn't that great, it's like 50% pointless political babble and the rest a generic cop show. The 95 movie is the only GitS anime that's good.
>>
File: eye gits.jpg (313KB, 1280x1480px) Image search: [Google]
eye gits.jpg
313KB, 1280x1480px
>>159462237
obviously the '95 movie
>>
>>159452123
But I am stupid yet I enjoyed it.
>>
>>159463601
Yikes. What's a matter with you man. The first GITS while great is the weakest excluding ARISE.
>>
>>159451885
Turn your brain off
>>
>only the '95 movie is good
Innocence makes '95 look like SAC.
>>
>>159451885
I wouldn't expect modern youth who have never read a book to be able to pay attention large amount of dialogue. Try taking your ADHD medication before watching it.
>>
>>159465789
95 had a style of it own that cool looking and interesting to look at. All the later GitS stuff after that just has a generic look that is really boring.

That's about all I like the '95 for is its visuals, the plot of the whole GitS franchise is really overrated. But what can you really expect from a series whose original name is "Mobile Armored Riot Police"
>>
>>159466149
>plot of the whole GitS franchise is really overrated

Compared to what? Most anime is written by hacks who just want to pander. Majority of SAC is incredibly well written.
>>
>>159466201
I just found it boring, which was disappointing as I really love science fiction and robots and shit
>>
>>159466123
Most dialogue in a visual medium is superfluous, but at the same time people are visually illiterate so that's all they know to focus on.
>>
>>159466257
Well, for one thing, you don't watch SAC for action. I personally found it very thought provoking. So many various themes and ideas are shown and explored. It's simply fascinating. Each season had its own story which were both great, and the additional episodes that didn't have to do much with the main story were a huge bonus.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.