[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you avoid getting caught if you had the Death Note?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 513
Thread images: 42

File: 1488123602370.jpg (133KB, 649x359px) Image search: [Google]
1488123602370.jpg
133KB, 649x359px
How would you avoid getting caught if you had the Death Note?
>>
>>159445823
Stop writing everyones names like an autist?
>>
Just set things up so that people are dying at all hours of the day all over the world. You can keep it up indefinitely with no chance of getting caught.
>>
>>159445823
you would never get caught, you only get caught due to plotarmor fag
>>
>>159445823
just don't be a fucking retard like Light
>>
>>159445823
I would start killing people from other countries, and then I would start going for criminals from my own country, obviously.
Which would be a shitty idea since it would only create riots, social fear, and public outrage
>>
>>159445858
How do you even find the names for all this shit
>>
>>159445823
Kill L.
>>
It would be easy in real life. Light only got caught because he was a retarded faggot.
>>
>>159445901
Facebook
>>
>>159445958
There are detectives IRL with more luxury abilities than L.

Light only got caught because of his massive ego at the start and at the end.
>>
>>159445823
It would be easy if you just write accident for every death. Light doesn't write anything so that the world knows he exist.
>>
>>159445823
Not namefagging like a retard
>>
>>159445958
>>159446023
Light got caught because he became obsessed with killing L, Mello and Near instead of just ignoring the little shits and focus on playing god
>>
I wouldn't kill anyone
The most I'd use it for is write my own name and then make one of the conditions for my death being holding hands with my waifu
>>
>>159445823
Not use it or use it extremely sparingly to prevent serious crimes that happen in front of me
As long as you're not a complete psychopath adhering to a rigid schedule like Light you should be fine
>>
>>159445873
Wrong. Light got caught because he wanted to be known as a god. Even if it's strange af that people suddenly start dying of heart attacks, it doesn't take a genius to eventually notice a pattern.
>>
>>159446799
If the conditions of death written cannot physically be achieved, then the person will simply die of a heart attack
>>
You would have to be stupid AS FUCK to get caught with a DN. Basically kill everyone you know except yourself.
>>
>>159447529
Congrats, you are stupid enough to get caught with a DN.
>>
>>159445823
Not making a schedule for the killings, nor killing everyone in the same manner for starters.
>>
>>159445901
The internet. Especially if you're fluent in English, since so many non-English countries have English versions of their news.

>>159447529
>Basically kill everyone you know except yourself.

Yes, that's basically the only way you could get caught. Anything else, and unless you *want* to get caught...I don't see it. 7 billion suspects, how the hell is anyone going to narrow you down unless you let them?
>>
>>159445823
take control of the entirety of human society from the afterlife to their minds
>>
You space them out by a couple years
>>
>>159445823
By killing people from distance and not falling for cheap tricks.
>>
If you're going to be using the internet don't be an idiot and leave a trail. Make sure to always use a VPN.

Also kill people by murder/suicides. None of that heart attack bullshit.
>>
>>159447529
>getting away because everyone in your family and social circle mysteriously died
>everyone but you
Genius! How do you come up with such stupid-AS-FUCK proof tactics?
>>
Use it on the world government so I get insta pardoned if caught
>>
>>159445823
I would only kill people im high standings of power that I want to get confessions out of, that would otherwise never come out.
I don't really want to use it anyway.
>>
i'd kill all big politicians of the planet in a matter of hours
>>
Dont tell people you exist. Thats it.
>>
>>159448116
Please not Trump, just kill all of his opponents and see what he does with complete control.
>>
Just not trying to kill L or the FBI guy in the first place would have done enough.
If Light just ignored them and changed up his patterns every once in a while he would have been fine
>>
just write how they will die instead of just writing their names and have them all get killed by heart attack which is really not suspicious at all.
>>
why are the last 12 episodes so much worse than the first 25?
>>
File: skullkek.jpg (102KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
skullkek.jpg
102KB, 544x400px
>>159447981
>don't be an idiot and leave a trail. Make sure to always use a VPN
>>
>>159446799
This. I would probably write so I could die in my sleep peacefully. Though I would use it a little before that.
>>
Not using it because of how unethical it is.
>>
>>159448116
This.
>>
>>159448382
It could be argued that not using it is unethical

if an armed criminal took hostages and you didnt' do anything, it could be counted as non assistance
>>
>>159448276
You know why
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05sJHM0cVW8
>>
It really isn't that hard if you don't have the hubris or sense of "justice" that Light did.
>>
>>159448189
Wanders outside and gets lost in D.C., presumably.
>>
Hmm, how could I use a death note to get laid?
>>
>>159445823
> using information theory to quantify the magnitude of Light Yagami's mistakes
> https://www.gwern.net/Death%20Note%20Anonymity
>>
>>159448549
force people to sleep w/ you or else you'd kill their loved ones
>>
>>159448523
Gotta warn him about DC's swamp then. It's worse than Florida's.
>>
>>159448549
>>
>>159447453
>get caught somehow cause you make a bunch of criminals die from heart attacks without directly touching them or doing anything to them except writing down their names

this is circumstantial at best and there is to much reasonable doubt
>>
>>159448570
>From the theoretical point of view, the game was over at that point. The challenge for L then became proving it to L’s satisfaction under his self-imposed moral constraints.
Glorious
>>
>>159448182
This.
The dumbest shit he ever did was announcing he exists and that he was punishing criminals.
Also suicides/accidents/natural deaths.
>>
>>159448456
I'm not god though and I refuse to do something with a power arisen outside of natural human affairs.
>>
Maybe just take the bargain for the death eyes thing and just become a fortune teller for when people are going to die. Should be interesting to see how people react to it. Don't really care if it doesn't make me rich.
>>
>>159445856
the only good post in this thread
>>
>>159448684
Fair enough. Engaging a Death Note at all sounds like a terrible idea.
>>
The biggest problem with the Death Note is if you make the mistake of using it only at certain times, or in a certain country, or acting on information in a certain language (this isn't really a problem for English/Spanish/French, but if you're Polish or something then you're fucked).

If you write in the book "person x will die at time y", and you have at least one person for every hour, and keep your killings spread out geographically, nobody can catch you. If you live in a really big country (the US, China, India, etc.) you can operate in your home country alone with virtually no fear of ever getting caught.
>>
>>159448680
wasn't the general public that named him kira?
>>
File: 1447699653865.jpg (386KB, 1748x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1447699653865.jpg
386KB, 1748x1800px
>>159447527
Brutal. I love it.
>>
>>159445950
did you even watch the show
>>
>>159445823
not using it
>>
>>159448549
I guess you could put "Dies fucking the first person they see" for a death, but that's pretty incriminating (not to mention a bitch to clean up, kind of inefficient, and probably involves killing an innocent person). Maybe you could just use the Death Note to master the art of picking up chicks at funerals?
>>
>>159448756
i wonder if you write a japanese name in english it'd work
>>
>>159447759
how would you write all the names?????
>>
>>159448812
I think so. Light almost certainly wrote the names of Russians and Arabs without knowing cyrillic or arabic scripts. Same goes for Chinese, Koreans....basically everyone who doesn't use the latin alphabet.
>>
>>159446544
playing god becomes boring fast
>>
>>159445823
Plan ahead
>>
>>159448768
He still announced his and existence by using heart attacks as his primary means of murder and making it obvious that criminals were dying for no particular reason.
>>
>>159445823
Write the names of the people who're trying to catch you?
>>
>>159445823
Not sure I would bother. Realistically, it's untraceable.
>>
>>159448628
He didn't get caught because he killed criminals.

He got caught because he killed criminals in the Kanto region and L's impersonator who was broadcasted to only those who lived in the Kanto region. From there, it became a child's play by L to find out his identity. The only problem for L was to prove it.
>>
All this fags would be scared to death to even write a name.
>>
>>159449014
>he doesn't have a list already
>>
>>159449001
there is some ways like setting traps or if you are using internet to get names is easy to find you
>>
>stay in my room
>kill people
>"man why the fuck are people dying left right and center?"
>"iunno"
>>
>>159445823
Read this.

https://www.gwern.net/Death%20Note%20Anonymity

It explains in detail what Light did wrong.But basically the schedule of the deaths revealing that he was a japanese student and letting L know that he was related to the police were the biggest fuck ups.
>>
>>159449003
HE got caught due to plot armor a,dn being a retard with kira meme. OP question is how to avoid being caught and you would never be caught unless you kill people who are close to you.
>>
The thing is Light wanted to be the god of the new world and he wanted people to know that someone was passing judgement on criminals.

Obviously if you only kill in secret there's no way to get caught.
>>
>>159448276
Because the first of those 12 contain something known as a pleb filter
>>
i'm asking to all, how would you get names without the internet? at the end the best way to not get caught is not writing any names or killing random small amounts of people
>>
>>159449253
plot armor, deathnote would gotten axed if it was just light killing people with his secret power. There is no reason to get caught unless you kill people close to you or want people to know you are killing people with a meme tier religion
>>
>>159449342
>>having god power level not trying to be god
what a waste
>>
>>159445823
Doing the same thing I do in /a/: not falling for bait.
>>
>>159449158
Good read.
>>
>>159449495
A true god is a crypto-god, flamboyant gods get killed
>>
File: 1460694114012.jpg (107KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
1460694114012.jpg
107KB, 613x533px
>>159449334
Back in the day, there were these things made of paper that were published and a lot of them had names and pictures. We called them magazines, books, and newspapers. And there were stands where you could buy them.

I know, it's fucking insane to think that's what we did! Going outside to buy a publication? What kind of neanderthals were we back then? Thankfully, we don't do that anymore. Or do we?
>>
>>159449765
You didnt have to go outside,back in my day a slave i mean a child would bring it to your door for a penny
>>
>>159449572
Correction: TRYING to not fall for bait.
>>
>>159449765
Maybe Shinigamis use DeathPads now
>>
>>159449765
>you buy magazines
>they do global bisection by publishing different magazine editions in different regions
>within a few months they got you
O(log n), bitches
>>
>>159449765
..... killing people that only appears on your newspapers or magazines sounds like a easy way to get caught
>>
>>159449887
>the get you by magazine.
>now they gotta prove your doing it.
>they someone gotta figure out of 100s of people who bought the magazine what is the other connection

>there is no other connection since all you do is write down a name and move on with your life.
>>
i'd love to use and manipulate the stock market but i know i'd end up getting caught
>>
>>159449014
Nigger I have at least 30 people off the top of my head.
>>
>>159445823
Let's say Light never goes after the FBI agents. Does L ever catch him?
>>
File: japanese_internment.jpg (221KB, 1395x1108px) Image search: [Google]
japanese_internment.jpg
221KB, 1395x1108px
>>159449978
>now they gotta prove your doing it.
No they don't. If world leaders globally die like flies then they'll just round up people once they narrowed it down to a small enough region and put you in internment camps.
Something something emergency powers.
>>
>>159450090
No, the criminals which Light kept going after were those in his dads computer
>>
>>159449706
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>159449978
why not kill the 100 persons that buyed the magazine just to be sure? 100 persons is not that much
>>
>>159450186
>buyed
Don't you have some crops to pick or hedges to trim josé?
>>
>>159450174
a true god that knows that he is a god needs not mortals affirmation.

>>159450186
>>159450115
using only one newsource
>>
>>159450115
Well that assumes you're killing world leaders indiscriminately and very often. In which case you have no idea what you're doing and deserve to get caught anyway.
>>
>>159450288
jokes on you im pedro
>>
>>159450358
If the amount of people killed becomes noticeable there will be enough pressure by the population to hunt down who's doing it whether you're targeting leaders or not.

So any scheme that gets you noticed will probably be a bad idea in the long run. Fear of death is a really strong motivator.
>>
>>159450358
idk I think that as long you change it from the default death of a myocardial infarction to something more complex like an assassination or a car accident,and not on your own soil you would be fine
>>
>>159450512
heart attacks are common, if you increase the global amount by a bit and spread it evenly nobody will notice.
lots of people getting assassinated is more likely to make a dent in the statistics.
>>
>>159445823
Accidents without random heartbreaks. Also burn the death note after it appears.
>>
>>159450616
a correlation of you killing criminal or just people in general with heart attack which let face it is a vast amount that you will not autisticly specify every death with a correlation of world leader will get you caught.
>>
>>159450616
yeah but the whole point of having such power is to change the world so your kills have to be in important people and for that reason noticeable it may be atributed to some disease, but soon people will see your plan
>>
When people talk about figuring out that somebody's using a death note, are we assuming that it's common knowledge that death notes are real in this scenario? Because if you didn't know that it already existed, absolutely no one would jump the the conclusion "all these people are having heart attacks because of a Japanese death spirit that's being summoned from names being written in a book".
>>
>>159450869
if you kill important people it will get noticed eventually anyway. better make sure that your kill your quota before they notice. maybe just kill them all in a big event at once.

>leader A. dies of a heart attack at a state dinner
>leader B. dies of a heart attack at a state dinner
>leader C. dies of a heart attack at a state dinner
>leader D. dies of a heart attack at a state dinner
>leader E. dies of a heart attack at a state dinner
>leader F. dies of a heart attack at a state dinner
>terrorist A. dies suicide-bombing the sate dinner 10 seconds after the heart attacks
>diplomat A. suicides after sending critical information to terrorist
there's your coverup
>>
>light's sister is a lazy shit
>light volunteers to go to the police station instead
>he just happens to meet the one person who has vital evidence on him
Light's sister being lazy gave him a few more years of life
>>
>>159451014
They don't even have to be real. The anime exists. Someone might recognize the pattern.
>>
>>159451083
Yeah but you would have to prove that Japanese death spirit books are real before any court would convict even if they somehow figured out who had the book.
>>
>>159451148
>to much reasonable doubt
>all evidence is circumstantial
>people will have to be crazy enough to believe to even do any illegal serious punishment
>some high up guy has to believe that your note kills people and be crazy enough to move you to domestic terrorist status
>>
>>159451213
Plus people are glossing over the step of "figure out who has the book". If you're only killing public figures then absolutely nothing links you to their deaths other than the fact that you know they exist, which applies to everybody else.
>>
If I were to kill Kim Jung Un, would anyone know or would I accidentally cause South Korea, China and Japan to get fucked? I just have to remember the face of the guy and give the fucker a heart attack in 60 seconds to be generous to him.
>>
>>159451023
Umm that sound good, but only Assuming that terrorist A can pass the security
>>
>>159451023
or just kill them in assassination an let the bureaucratic agency take the fall as being careless
>>
>>159446544
>>159446023
Light only got caught at the end because

1) Mello went on his suicide attack
2) Mikami didn't know Light had it under control
3) Mikami wrote the exact same thing Light did so Light didn't notice Mikami had done something.

Near himself says Light would have won if it wasn't for this chain of events that fucked him in the final hours.
>>
>>159451293
North Korea is such a political goat rope that I would call it impossible to say what Un's abrupt death would cause. It could be anything from relatively peaceful transfer of power to another family member to a military coup to world war three.
>>
Isn't it true that anyone who uses a Death Note lowers their natural lifespan? Seems to imply they might get caught with it in some way eventually (unless you'll just die of a heart attack sooner, but that sounds kind of silly)
>>
>>159451014
at start people will attribute it to other causes but if you are killing with a plan in mind people will notice it has to be done by some country or group or person even if it's unexplainable how
>>
>>159451427
no faggot that if you want shinigami eyes
>>
>>159447566
>>159447641
>>159447984
You misunderstood, I said that's the only way you would get caught
>>
>>159445823
Only kill well-known people who have a lot of power. Your first kills could just be a few shitty presidents, before they die you make them hold a speech or write down a list of rules any world leaders will have to follow in order to not be magically killed. You'll have complete power of the world, and it'd be literally impossible to track you down.
>>
>>159451464
Yeah but the thing about motive is that there are thousands of shut-ins with conspiracy theories and the desire to kill lots of public figures. Most of them are on /pol/ or /x/ right now. That's why profiling serial killers is such a notoriously imprecise science. Even if somebody kills enough people for a motive to be clear, without direct evidence it's still impossible to say who they are or what they're like with any degree of reliability. Most profiles of the Unabomber before he was caught had no consistency in what sort of a person he was; and a lot pegged him for a clean-dressed person with a white-collar job instead of a bearded nut living in out of a hut in the woods.
>>
>>159451374
I thought Light lost at the end because Mikami took the death note to the gym and one of the agents replaced it with a regular notebook?
>>
File: 1496385149540.png (168KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
1496385149540.png
168KB, 600x543px
>>159445823
Use the Death note for personal gain. Just kill everyone who needs dying months or years apart by illness and a few accidents
>>
>>159451374
Light only got caught with conclusive evidence at the end. Near and L figured out very quickly that it was Light.
The only reason anything went on after L was suspicious of Light was because L/Near don't kill (with the exception of those who are already on death row). In reality a threat of this scale would be eliminated and covered up with little care for evidence.
>>
just become an angel of death; find names of people who want to die but can't due to euthanasia laws and have them die peacefully in their sleep

also, the best cover for killing world leaders is easily just having Isis kill them, or having them choke on something at a televised function
>>
>>159451606
what you're making is something of global importance many countries will try to find you depending on your plan they may find you or not
>>159451933
but i want to be noticed by senpai.
also depending on what u want to do killing them may not be enouth the position will just be taken by someone else and nothing changed
>>
>>159445823
I would not

Misa, ironically, was the smartest Death Note user at the whole show. Sure she was a spoiled airhead idol, but she did what any smart person would do...use it for personal gain only.
No high ideals, no god complex, no justice seeking bullshit. You are in my path? Well, time to die...

Once you use it you are already cursed, so throwing it away would not solve a thing, you might as well just use it.
>>
It's easy to not get caught when you hardly talk to anyone
>>
>>159452073
But that's my point, the more people try to find you the more contradictory theories you'll have. Assuming a lack of direct evidence all anybody will be going on is "wants to kill lots of public figures", which leaves you with a suspect list consisting of entire demographics. There's nothing you can use to narrow that down.
>>
wrong light only lost becaue of mikami
>>
I'd kill all the satanist occultist reptilian pedophile psychopathic jews and elites of the secret societies. In other words those who are on top of the human pyramid trying to control, enslave and do other inhumane things to us. Pretty easy to pick them too, a lot of "conspiracy" sites explain them in detail. Even those presumably in the shadows.
>>
>>159448549
> If the task is impossible, the victim simply dies of a heart attack
>>
>>159449014
> Implying I don't have a complete hit list of my own name
>>
>>159452269
god damn, show some mercy

but seriously you can control the actions of the individual up until the death, Light proves this by making them draw dumb shit on walls and send letters. You could make some girl suck your dick, you really dont get judged anyway so what does it matter
>>
>>159447453
pretty much, if he had just wrote "accident" most people wouldn't blink that criminals are dying thinking they deserved it/it was karma. because he chose heart attack it raised eyebrows. but he wanted it that way to send a message
>>
>>159452141
found the motive it can be done by puting persons in important positions and making that persons to do things that go against your plans if someone gets killed you found the motive now you only need to put more traps until you found the posible locations of the culprit reduce a little more the nomber checking browsing history more traps etc
>>
>>159452568
Could you rewrite this comment except with punctuation? Because I have genuinely no idea what you're trying to say.
>>
>>159452226
>>159449158
>>
>people actually believe you'll get caught using a death note irl
So you're telling me that somehow the government or the armed forces will realize that I'm in the middle of my piss ridden mexican dusty town, in my room, writing the names of people in order to kill them.
How the fuck do you get tracked down doing that? Even if you just kill everyone by heart attack there's no way you're gonna get caught because there's absolutely no trail, nothing at all leading to you.
>>
What is the safest way to make money with the DN?
>>
>>159453091

1. short tesla and amazon
2. kill fluck and bezos
3. profit
>>
File: DUDE.jpg (24KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
DUDE.jpg
24KB, 640x960px
normies love this show now FeelsBad
>>
File: 1356657201003.jpg (35KB, 271x493px) Image search: [Google]
1356657201003.jpg
35KB, 271x493px
>>159453442

>normies
>>
>>159453091
bet on sports teams. give specific players a debilitating illnesses that cause them to lose. perhaps even mental fatigue. you'd probably only be able to do it a few times though to not raise suspcions. and you'd of course have to bet on other things as well and lose. there are probably other many other ways, but this one could get fast cash.
>>
>>159451032
it wasn't vital, just a really good theory
>>
>>159453091
same way the yotsuba was doing, but first you bet you against stocks from the company you'll eliminate
you wouldn't need to kill the ceo of the company everytime
>>
>>159445823
Do the same thing Light did.
Magical investigators don't exist in real life nor do omnipotent ghosts who fuse your fate with another human and whose motives are unknowable to the low iq
>>
Why did the cops and detective's even assume this was done by a person?
>>
File: 1434963544586.gif (147KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1434963544586.gif
147KB, 320x240px
>>159445823
Use all the pages then toss it into the ocean .
>>
>>159447453
Are you stupid? No pattern Light did would let people know anything beyond the fact that it was deliberate. How exactly do you reason they would catch him?
>>
>>159454277
That is one thing they never addressed.... the pages of DN are unlimited?

It seems like a regular 100/120 pages notebook, but Light used it for 3 or 4 years, taking out pages countless times
>>
File: FB_IMG_1499091287682.jpg (34KB, 739x742px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1499091287682.jpg
34KB, 739x742px
>>159445823
Stop taking L Lawyet's bait. Literally the only reason Light drew Suspicion to himself.
>>
>>159454361
>Tfw people are all secondary fags who didn't read the manga which had all the thousands of rules written on chapter transitions
>>
>>159454361
Death Note is a kewl anime but it does have huge plot gaps.
>>
>>159445823
By not using it. Obviously magic shit like that always has negative side effects so why would I use it?
>>
>>159454451
I know they are like 100+ rules , no way to tell them all in the anime right ?
>>
>>159451306
>Guard A will let terrorist in and then die in an explosion
>Guard B will let terrorist in and then die in an explosion
>>
>>159454361
>>159454451
The thickness of the Note should increase:

By assuming that the number of pages will increase every time you use the Note pages to make it endless, we would clearly see that the Death Note will get thicker, since the number of pages is rising, and we would clearly see that the Note of Light would be too thick after his long years using it.
>>
>>159445823

Light only got caught because he wanted to be found. If there was one defining moment, it was killing the fake L on TV, which allowed L to narrow down a world wide search into a single prefecture.

Still a monumental task to ever catch the guy since he could just leave the country or district.

Light further allowed L to hone in on him by giving away that Kira had classified police intel, which allowed L to limit the search to a few hundred people. This is the first point where it became possible for L to find Kira.
>>
>>159454559
but then you'd need the names and faces of such guards and the terrorist
>>
>>159454446
No it wasn't his biggest fuck up was using his father police data for his kills.
>>
File: 1249359941807.jpg (17KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1249359941807.jpg
17KB, 704x396px
>>159454446
>>159452774

In one real life situation where DN actually exists, it also means Shinigamis and the death kingdom also exists. It's forbidden to throw a DN at human world, and Ryuuk ruse caused problem for him, making one DN getting confiscated by death police. So even using it on low key would usually ends up in trouble
>>
>>159454331
everyone he killed initially was in the local news, and after that they were all featured on sites/tv with their names and faces. They caught on that he needed these after airing that bait video in different regions that the first few deaths were in. I watched this shit years ago how'd you forget the way L owned his ass early on?
>>
>>159454591
>The magic notebook should have to increase it's thickness to add more names

Okay
>>
>>159454361
> A magic murder book that mind controls and kills people to feed an otherworld god of death
> It's not realistic because of the number of pages!
>>
>>159454604
since he was the chief of police's son he'd have a hard time to just simply fly over the country
although since he was applying for an university he could simply try to get in an uni abroad
>>
How about not get greedy? Light got caught because he wanted to kill everyone the world seem fit to kill off. Play god.
>>
>>159454652
You don't realize how stupid you sound.

What happened in the anime was ridiculous. In real life, even if they narrowed down the search vicinity, they would have no further way to track him down and all you did was narrow suspects to millions of people. Fucking wow. Do you not already understand how hard it is to catch a murderer with that amount of information?

In reality he would never be caught.
>>
Does Heaven exist in the DN universe? If I were to somehow get a DN that would mean Heaven/Hell exists right? I'd probably be on my best behavior.
>>
>>159454666

The point is that there are numerous, infinite ways to avoid being caught and no greatest detective in the world can find you, unless you want to get caught or you have legitimate brain issues.
>>
>>159451023
That many deaths at one state dinner would look real fishy.
>>
File: BoyWriting.jpg (17KB, 271x406px) Image search: [Google]
BoyWriting.jpg
17KB, 271x406px
For ordinary criminals or citizens, use it once every couple of weeks. For politicians and celebrities, just use it once every month. I'd make sure they all seem natural/accidental, and make the circumstances reveal a bunch of dirt about them.

Seriously, using the DN seems pretty easy, and you'd either have to be an idiot or have a massive ego to fuck it up.
>>
>>159454745
the DN holder wouldn't go to heaven or hell
>>
>>159454734
so they stop airing criminals faces along with their names. No need to show them on the news. Now you could just kill random people and probably never get caught. but light was a fag
>>
Kill every kike.
>>
>>159454734
this
I had a convo with someone who never say the anime and I was trying to explain how it was good and retarded at the same time
No logical leap of deduction can lead someone to believe that mystical abilities are responsible the deaths, pretty sure everyone would be chasing their tails for years trying to figure out what drug can cause a heart attack like that
>>
>>159454745
>Does Heaven exist in the DN universe?
Everyone goes to nothing after they die.
>>
>>159454361
The better question is why didn't he monetize the death note due to its power to generate infinite amount of matter? He could have just made a small generator and had infinite free electricity. Burn paper to heat up water which in turns moves the generator. Teach a monkey to rip the paper.
>>
File: Autism.jpg (202KB, 547x517px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
202KB, 547x517px
>>159455004
>
>>
>>159445823
Can't be avoided.

Criminals will always be punished.
>>
>>159449158
Interesting. But do time zones really matter when it could be a student in Japan or a neet in Europe?
>>
>>159455124
b8 aside, canonically Light never committed any crime

His ethics are questionable, but using death god powers does not count as murder, it's only death as we know it
>>
>>159455124
i'd like to live in your world
>>
>>159455232
>b8 aside
>posts monumental bait
Oh you're good at this anon
>>
>>159449334
Access the information on a public wlan with a notebook you otherwise never use and wait a few months until writing the name.
>>
>>159454734
Didn't L narrow it down by guessing a profile and looking up people who could potentially have so much info on criminals?
As the teenage son of the local police chief, Light fit the profile.
>>
>>159455284
It's not bait, Ryuuk says everything that I posted on the second episode, and Light himself admits he's doing morally questionable things on the first one.
>>
>>159451623
Late to reply but the reason they discovered the real book (which was hidden in Mikami's deposit box) was because Mikami went to the bank twice in a single week.

In his normal schedule he'd only ever go once and he only went the second time because Mello kidnapped the reporter and he felt he had to kill him. If he'd done nothing instead Light would have won the warehouse showdown.
>>
>>159445823
Keep the number small.
>>
When did Mikami lose the death note? I thought he brought a fake one to the gym.
>>
>>159452774
>drug cartel people die
>a Mexixan it is
>>
>>159454128
The intelligence services in the world are even better than L.
>>
>>159454896
>No logical leap of deduction can lead someone to believe that mystical abilities are responsible the deaths
I think you failed to understand the character of L. He's so autistic that he will consider any avenue for a criminal to have taken. That means he had honestly considered that a string of seemingly impossible coincidences was the result of something not of this earth and then set up a trap based on that assumption to see if it worked. Spoilers, it did.
>>
Does it really matter if you do? Think about it. You could easily kill hundreds in the time it takes for someone to find you. By that point, assuming you've used your newfound power correctly, you've already shaped the world.
>>
>Netflix shills STILL spamming Death Note threads praying their new shitshow catches on.

Fuck off
>>
>>159456062
Except the average reception for it was pretty weak

Besides meme discussions about race, it does look awful and people are simple not buying it
>>
File: 922.png (93KB, 354x310px) Image search: [Google]
922.png
93KB, 354x310px
>>159450337
>a true god
>>
As a devout practitioner of Christianity, I can assure you Light did nothing wrong.
>>
>>159456444
Other than the fact that the Bible states that the death penalty should be delivered by the government, not citizens
>>
>>159456444
Is that why he ended up nearly bleeding to death from bullet wounds while hallucinating L's appearance only to be executed by Ryuuk? Because he did nothing wrong?
>>
>>159456508
Yes goyim, trust your (((government))) to dispense justice, don't take it in your own hands.
>>
>>159456533
Fucking secondary.
>>
>>159456626
Okay fine, is that why he ended up in tears, begging for his life in full view of the people he betrayed as Ryuuk executed him with his own signature weapon in front of his face?
>>
>>159456662
That's better. See how much better of an ending that is? No gay daydreams, no dignity for a piece of shit who doesn't deserve it.
>>
File: TheDictator.png (253KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
TheDictator.png
253KB, 640x480px
>>159456614
Fuck off
>>>/pol/
>>
>>159455224
yeah because almost all humans biological clocks function with the sun even neets

you may stay up til 3 a.m. but you will still wake up around 11 or 12 at the latest.
>>
>>159453091
Start your business and kill everyone who stay on your way.
>>
>>159456701
I like the daydream though. Fitting that L's ghost eyes him down for losing the same way he eyed L down. Still, Ryuuk causing Light to break down is pretty great.
Live action ending was somehow the best though.
>>
>>159457131
That's wrong and evil. But sounds like a real life.
>>
Light could have easily gotten away with it, if he wasnt so hell bent on chasing L down
>>
>>159455483
They performed a bank robbery to jack it out of his safe deposit box.

It's mentioned in Chapter 104
>>
>>159457330
L could have easily stopped him, if he didn't want to catch him.
>>
how does the DN work for people with the same name, like steve johnsen I bet there are a few of those
>>
>>159457638
Have to be thinking of their face when writing
>>
>>159457638
you need to have seen the face of the person you want to kill, either through photos or irl.
>>
>>159455652
This. And they probably wouldn't hesitate to put you down.
>>
>>159445823
Don't aknowledge the means.
>>
>>159452452
>girl sucks your dick before death
>you become a suspect by association
>>
>>159454823
I thought that only applied if you wrote someone's name in it, meaning using it at least once.
>>
>>159445823
There are countless sicknesses, just don't be a dumbass and you can get aeay easily
>>
>>159458791
Just make her die in a gangrape after you
>>
what happens if you get caught?
it's not like they can arrest you for having written names on a book.
>>
>>159445891
Yeah he was a smart ass 5 seconds too soon and he died for it, also killed the anime for me worst ending
>>
>>159460014
Saying mean things on the internet is already illegal in formerly civilized countries. They can stretch it to personal thoughts in a book.
>>
>>159445823
read international news and do your killing globally like any guy with at least half a brain would do
>>
>>159445823
If I just kill the Clintons, Soros, Merkrl, Pelosi, Erdgan, Rothschilds, etc, my work will be done and even if I'm caught I can die knowing I slightly made the world a better place
>>
Does death note accept logical operators, conditions and shit? I could probably write a calculator for giggles.
>>
>>159459599
>girl tries to succ
>you fail to finish a job for whatever reason
>she dies of heart attack with your limp dick in her mouth
>>
File: barrett thumbs up.png (179KB, 442x362px) Image search: [Google]
barrett thumbs up.png
179KB, 442x362px
>>159449014
If a Shinigami actually said that the afterlife does exist and that writing in the notebook meant I'd be sent to purgatory for eternity I'd probably pass
>>
>>159461616
>killing puppets
>better place

Kek.
>>
>>159461698
>lol look how nerdy I am I'd make a calculator with a notebook that can kill people!

Yes, we get it, you're a programmer.
>>
>>159462027
Are you having a bad day?
>>
>>159461878
>purgatory
I thought it was a thing where your soul ceases to be and oblivion sort of thing instead of going to a normal afterlife.
>>
>>159462246
In Catholic theology purgatory is the place where sinful souls undergo purification before going to heaven. Having to stay there for an eternity would basically be hell.
>>
>>159462316
That's cute and all, but in Death Note purgatory isn't where people go when they die.
>>
>>159445823
It's not hard not to get caught, just don't get baited like a fucking retard
>>
>>159449334
>Write in DN that before that person dies, they need to go and compile a list of criminals/murderers/corrupt politicians
>Have them print list out and place it somewhere specific
>retrieve list after their death
>Repeat process
>????
>Profit
The only caveat is that the ones who create the list need to be within your vicinity. How far you are willing to go to retrieve the list, whether it be in the same town you are in, or a train ride away, is up to how cautious of an individual you are. To throw the police off about the deceased suddenly printing a list of the next victim(s) (which they will eventually find out either through internet history or printer memory), you have everyone of your victims (or at least a good majority) make the same lists. I don't know whether or not you can track calls through payphones, but if its possible, then instead of printing out a list, you can just have the person call you through a payphone and have him verbally tell you the list of names.

I'd be a better Kira than light ever was.
>>
File: senjou.jpg (12KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
senjou.jpg
12KB, 400x225px
>>159463149
> Get caught while trying to retrieve list
> Get shot
Better than light he says
>>
>>159445823
That light got caught was because of plot contrivances. It was a reverse murder mystery. The conclusion the writer started with was that he was going to get caught and worked backward from there. Reality doesn't work that way... at all.
>>
File: 1487778292316.png (574KB, 1024x757px) Image search: [Google]
1487778292316.png
574KB, 1024x757px
It all went downhill when L died
>>
>>159453091
>go to horse race
>"this horse will win the race then die"
checkmate L
>>
>>159453091
Write down the name of a well known billionaire who is old of age, and is close to death. Have him die of natural causes/illness. Prior to his death, make him transfer a good portion of his wealth into your own bank account, an anonymous swiss bank acount (later have him tell you all the relevant information through an untraceable phone call).
There's really a lot of options available, everyone here seems to be limiting themselves to just the death aspect of the Death Note, and completely ignoring the fact that you can manipulate people for 40 minutes before they die.
>>
>>159445823
I'd honestly use it for assassination purposes. I'd already cease existing after death, might as well live my life comfortably while giving my services to the highest bidder.
>>
Probably nothing since reading the rules basically confirms that there is an afterlife. Rather take my chances with that.
>>
>>159445823
>search up 10 most wanted men via near by library
>write names down
>wait 2 years, never do anything related to those men
>write all 10 names down, and include highly complex and idiotic motives for the wanted men to kill themselves
>rinse and repeat
all you gotta do is follow these simplistic steps, and you will never be caught because you never are drawing suspicion your way
>>
>>159463194
>Implying they'll even suspect my kills
The first kill will be that of a gangbanger. You think they'll suspect anything? I can also start a convoluted system in which a bunch of "unrelated" parties pass on the note to a specific location. Have these people be something outside of my usual targets, so that they'll look like coincidental deaths.
>>
Spread out your killings enough that people wouldn't assume they're related.
>>
>Keep tearing pages out of the death note and filling them with the name.
>Never carry the actually notebook.
>Burn the pages once they're full.

There they have no fucking evidence and can't prove shit.
>>
File: 487.jpg (35KB, 720x678px) Image search: [Google]
487.jpg
35KB, 720x678px
>>159463413
> gangbanger

Why go through all the trouble then?
If you're killing just because why even bother, it won't make a difference in the long run.

At least try to make yourslef rich or something
>>
Assuming I have the same goal as Light.

Actually just get the fucking eyes.
If I'm actually trying to change the whole world I don't care if I only live 1 year, I'll write over 3 billion names in that year and rid the world of scum.
>>
>>159445823
How about not killing dozens of people a day of the same cause in the same country during the same few hours every day? That alone should do just fine.
>>
>>159448715
The death timer doesn't make sense to humans, specifically so that people can't tell how long someone has left to live.
>>
>>159463532
Statistically heart disease is the #1 killer in the world so people dying of a heart attack isn't odd
>>
>>159461878
This, I'm not giving up on the eternal afterlife to kill some people, if a Shinigami and a Death Note exist, then it's pretty evident the supernatural does, and I don't have any reason to doubt afterlife exists.

>>159462246
>>159462316
Quite sure it said there'd be no afterlife for those that use the Deaht Note. If there was, you'd be sent straight to hell rather than purgatory.
>>
>>159445898
Kill riot leaders
>>
>>159463553
When a very specific type of person start dropping like flies in the same country at those specific hours by the dozen (hundreds?) every day, all of heart attack, something's up. It's not like Light killed 3-4 criminals a week with it, he ramped up the rate of death by heart attack by a few thousand percentage points, and only for Japanese criminals that had been caught.
>>
I'd start clicking on clickbait.
I'd find the author's name.
I'd find the author's picture.
I'd kill said author.
>>
>>159454272
L's reasoning was that Light was clearly a petty shit head that was easily baited by taunts. If Kira was really a god, he wouldn't have felt the need to kill Lind L. Taylor.
>>
>>159463634
Or kill the person saying that they're L on tv
>>
>>159463524
>I'll write over 3 billion names in that year and rid the world of scum.
You realize there's only 31 million seconds in a year right? Even IF you could write a name once every single second for a year straight, never needing to sleep or stop for anything, you wouldn't even reach 1% of 1/3 of your stated goal. At an actual realistic human speed you wouldn't even achieve 1% of 1% of that.

With brains like yours I'm guessing you'd get caught a hell of a lot sooner than Light.
>>
>>159463676
Just have chinese factory workers write up names.
>>
>>159463707
That's an unrealistic scenario and even more likely to get you caught.
>>
>>159445823
Maybe not spam heart attacks like a moron. You'd never be caught using the death if you give them all varied but pretty logical deaths and don't do a bunch around the same time.

Use that shit like once every few years.
>>
File: death note.jpg (63KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
death note.jpg
63KB, 657x527px
>hack facebook
>write every name while looking at the profile pic
>world is cleansed from normies
heh... welcome to my new world, L
>>
>>159463811
Remind me, could you cause the death of others with the death note?

Can I write:
Donald Trump orders to launch the nukes on China then dies from auto erotic asphyxiation?
>>
>>159463868
Not sure.

The president doesn't have sole authority to order nuclear strikes though.
>>
File: 1399581172391.png (337KB, 581x581px) Image search: [Google]
1399581172391.png
337KB, 581x581px
>>159445823
I wouldn't kill anyone because no one has such a negative effect on my life that I would want to kill them.
>>
>>159463898
Just get the names and faces of everyone required and have them all do it then die of auto erotic asphyxiation together.
>>
>>159463868
No, Light specifically threw a tantrum at one point because the Death Note will only kill people whose names are written in it. If the cause of death will lead to the immediate death of others, than the cause of death will be changed to a heart attack. If you want the nuke to go off, you need to write a couple million names with the cause of death: nuclear explosion.
>>
>>159454734
The old live-action films actually explained it pretty well. Basically, the probability of keeping a crime secret drops to ZERO if you have more than a few co-conspirators.

From that, he assumed it was the work of (likely) one person.

Would recommend, especially with the much better ending.
>>
>>159463951
>>159454896
Crap, wrong reply.
>>
>>159445823
Write my own name. Can't get caught if I'm dead.
>>
>use death note
>kill people with the following line
>person A will leave a dying message (person B's name) the moment before he dies
>person B will leave person C's name etc etc
>everyone thinks the power transfers upon death
>>
>>159464388
In that scenario both person A and B will die at the same time.
>>
>>159464488
Person A doesn't have a death note, he's just writing a name.

You can write a different time for Person B to die.
>>
>>159464388
>not writing code in the DN for automatic algorithms that do what you want them to do

Only issue is once the algorithm goes off, there's not stopping it.
>>
>>159464543
Let's take 2 names:
John and Kevin.

If I write:
John will leave a dying message about Kevin then jump into a river.

Then John will do that and die in a river and Kevin will die of a heart attack 40 seconds after his name is written.

So using your idea you'd have to keep writing non stop for people to actually think the power keeps transferring. Otherwise the chain will end at some point.
>>
>>159464608
What you'd need to do is pick Person B to be someone you don't know what they look like yet, but are able to find out.

Then you can safely write their name for the first death.
>>
>>159464668
Yea that could technically work. Just write a random name then go on facebook or google to find someone that fits.

But at that point you're just randomly killing people and what's the point of that?
>>
>>159464608
>>159464668
Set Kevin to be "his best friend" or something along those lines instead.
>>
>>159464608
After John jumps into a river, you use the same line for Kevin.

Kevin jumps into the river after he writes the next dying message for Jessica.

Loop forever.
>>
>>159463853
Death Note was written before the age of social media
If a death note were to really exist in our day and age, a guy could rack up over a billion deaths through facebook alone
Add twitter, youtube, wikipedia and other websites and you're effectively mowing down people by the millions in a few weeks
>>
>>159445823
Don't use it.
>>
>>159464716
>millions

Lets assume it takes you 4 seconds on average to write a name in the book, to write 1 million names it would take a little over 46 days if you write 24/7 at that rate, which you won't, so lets say you write for 5 hours a day max (and that's being generous), then you'd need 222 days to kill 1 million people.

You won't write 5 hours a day at 4 seconds per name for 222 days straight, so in the end it would probably take you 2-4 years to kill 1 million people.
>>
>>159464706
>tfw I'd be safe
>>
>>159464608
No you don't, you just have to write the correct things
>John will jump of a bridge and die in 2 weeks. Before that he scratches the name Kevin onto the railing
There you go, two weeks time to find a Kevin you want to kill. Repeat for loads of fun
>>
>>159464829
What if I'm not alone?
>>
>>159464868
By writting Kevin in that sentence you're killing Kevin right then and there.

John will die in 2 weeks but Kevin will die in 40 seconds as his name was written in the DN.
>>
>>159461616
What about guys who will come for their replac? World ain't save himself.
>>
Post on 4chan on who to kill
>>
I'd kill all religious figures and people professing religions around the whole world, building my own religion.
I'd make them leave notes saying their false beliefs brought them to their deaths.
I'd communicate what I want through notes left by dying people.
I'd probably get fucked by some hacking or tv scam like the one L pulled though.
>>
>>159447453
It literally does take a genius.
>>
>>159445823
Life ain't a fuckin' anime, man. Unless you're really goddamn retarded about it you're not going to get caught. Literally watch the fuckin' anime, man. That's what's not to do. That's real fucking hard, ain't it?
>>
>>159464890
You need to picture Kevin's face in your mind or you won't kill him when you write it.
>>
Could you kill people by proxy using the death note?
For example
>John Johnson goes to the park at 4pm, takes the death note and goes home, he stays at home and kills 250000 people with the death note, then he returns to the park 22 days later at 4pm and puts the death note under a bench, then goes home and kills himself
I know you can't kill people without writing their names in the death note, but in this case, those people do get their names written in the death note, so it would work according to the rules
Light should have done this to throw off suspicion
>>
>>159465101
Yea but assuming you know who kevin is then his face will automatically come to mind.

I'm not making this up. I've just reread DN last week and it's mentioned fairly early on that you can't use 2 names in a sentence or you'll kill both people.
Also if you use a nickname like "Misa kills L" then Misa will die from a heart attack and not do anything else.
>>
make sure i right out every death as an accident or something similar so they cant trace a constant amount of similar deaths to be caused by someone, which is exactly what light did. if light didn't wan't to make the world free of crime, he wouldn't have been in any danger at all. literally the easiest thing you can do is write
>dies in a car accident
>>
>>159465147
Writing Misa kills L wouldn't kill either because it's not their full names just their first names
>>
>>159465147
Then don't write Kevin's full name?
>>
>>159465144
Collateral deaths are not allowed.

John Johnson dies of a heart attack without doing anything.
>>
>>159465191
writing "[Misa's full name] kills L

Don't be a smartass.

>>159465196
Then that could work but there's a rule about misspelling names or something so you'd have to be careful about that.
>>
>>159445823
Don't do stupid mistakes like Light did
First he killed Lind L Tailor out of dumb pride "If you try to capture Kira means you are evil as well" bullshit mindset
Then he wanted the police to become suspicious of the police, which resulted in him revealing he had connections to the police
Then he killed the person following him, without thinking for a second he might consider him innocent ultimately making him free of suspicion, which in return actually made him the sole suspect
Then he only killed at home, never away for some reason, which caused him to kill some random thugs instead of real criminals while under surveillance.
Then he never questioned L's odd behavior when he was still acting as a Student, only to look more polite which in return made him act unrealistic.
After that the only thing Light could do is clean up his own mess with the help of Rem and Misa.

Oh, and Misa as well. She said she couldn't remember L's name even though she remarks it was odd that his real name didn't match the name he introduced himself. Oh right, because the name "L Lawyet" is sure hard to remember when a guy named L is after your ass
>>
>>159465200
But why?
It's not collateral damage if their names do get written in the death note, and the names will get written in the very near future
Even if you want to push it, Light proved you can write the cause of death without writing the names and only add the names later so it would work
I don't see where the rules state this can't happen, it's pretty much what Light did with the FBI guy
>>
>>159445823
I'll only use it once, there aren't many people I want dead anyway
>>
The Death Note is inefficient as fuck.
Just kill your annoying neighbours with it and toss it in the trash.
>>
>>159465232
>She said she couldn't remember L's name even though she remarks it was odd that his real name didn't match the name he introduced himself. Oh right, because the name "L Lawyet" is sure hard to remember when a guy named L is after your ass
Oh absoulutely, this is a huge asspull
Especially after she proved herself to be decently smart when she got a confession out of Kira
>>
Do you have to write the names in their original language?

Like if it's a Japanese name do I have to write it with Japanese Kanji and shit?
>>
>>159465277
How does it feel like getting caught in 24 hours?
>>
>>159465300
I think so
>>
File: 1496151325326.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
1496151325326.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>159465308
Yeah I'm sure the cops will come ringing at my door because some randoms got a heart attack.
>>
File: Rules_X.jpg (96KB, 642x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Rules_X.jpg
96KB, 642x1023px
>>159465249
>>
>>159465378
But the people who get their names written should die
There's a difference between writing
>John shoots 5 people to death and then kills himself
That obviously won't work, because those people haven't had their names written
But if those people have their names written then what's the problem?
It's a self fulfilling prophecy
>>
>kill 2000 random people everyday by writing "death by cardiac arrest during exercise"
>scientist find new bogus research results to show exercise is actually bad for health
>world stops exercising
>everyone dies from obesity
>>
>>159455652
>>159458617
You have been watching too many cartoons
The house next door may as well be on the other side of the planet to the authorities, I barely exist as is and once I leave my home I do not exist at all
You are seriously fucking delusional if you think magic sherlock holmes is watching every citizen through the telescope x-ray google map machine in space
>>
>Kill neighbors
>Lower property value
>Buy their property and move in
>>
>>159465488
You are still using the Note to kill people who's names you haven't written. They are collateral in the death you have written.

He dies of a heart attack.
>>
>>159465723
I'm simply writing the cause of death before the name, I can do that
>>
File: 1484317786190.png (183KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
1484317786190.png
183KB, 638x479px
>>159465600
Even if L did not exist someone would eventually put two and two together especially as the ISP has access to all your browsed internet pages and so does the person who owns the server of which a VPN is running.

If the myocardial infarct that the Death Note causes is a spontaneous and within a specific time a medical professional would eventually determine that something is up if the levels of enzymes in the people are similar, I assume. In a living person the levels of cardiac biochemical markers will rise and fall in a spectacularly predictable fashion.
>>
Of course, if a Death Note falls into the hands of a pathologist, the world is fucked.
>>
>>159465888
Why?
You can't cause a hyper deadly plague without writing million of names
>>
>>159465861
Bruh, if there was anything medical to be found about it they would've mentioned it in the anime.
It's fucking magic.
>>
>>159465800
If that had been the case, Light could have manipulated Raye Penber to do all the shit he forced him to do just via an elaborate death description, rather than by showing up in person and threatening to kill people.
>>
File: Hsien Ko Consider the Following.jpg (41KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Hsien Ko Consider the Following.jpg
41KB, 600x338px
>>159445823
Write my own name
>>
>>159465995
He wanted to make sure, he never actually experimented and it was risky as fuck for him to try with L on his tail
All in all this is a weird thing because you can make people do whatever you want as long as it's not impossible for them
So killing through a mind controlled proxy should be possible, and doesn't break any rules because the dying are still written in the death note
I still think the best thing would be having famous people killing themselves by signing autographs on the death note
>>
>>159445823
Actually being creative and killing people through ways that aren't a fucking heart attack
This is the main thing that pissed me off about this anime, get fucking creative with the deaths
>>
>>159465946
Pathologists would likely know how long it takes someone to die of something realistically and minimise the chances of a person dying from a heart attack as collateral.

I think that the heart attack would be the biggest reason why someone is found out.

People with access to loads of databases of people would make excellent murderers but would probably be more likely to be found.

If there are loads of heart attacks, authorities and scientists would be called into investigate the reason why they died and if they are highly influential personalities than assassination of some kind would be suspected and a person with all of them. I'd imagine if there is an epidemic of deaths of heart attacks some influential people might opt to hospitalise themselves before they suffer an episode or surround themselves with people who are able to do so.

And if they still couldn't find the cause for mass deaths they'd probably look for hit strings of people who visited specific sites, people close to the people who died and investigate the political opinions of people who might want them dead.

The more people you killed the bigger the chance you'd be found out. It would take people a very long time to figure out the pattern if L didn't exist and the person doing the killing was very creative and clever in how they killed and the people doing the investigations didn't wield influence. But eventually, I'm certain that people would realise that it wasn't coincidental.
>>
>>159466161
The reason was that if everyone dies by the same cause, they know there is a higher power behind the deaths and that inspires fear in the heart of the criminals like batman
>>
he only got caught because he directly challenged L and lead him on in order to get closer to him - letting him know that he was connected to the police on purpose was a good example of that

you wouldn't need to try nearly as hard as anyone is suggesting to never be caught

there is literally nothing to narrow it down besides maybe country or region if you manage to get memed on with a broadcast trick - aside from that its game fucking over, you win
>>
I would never get caught, I'll just type random names on facebook and everyone who looks like a douche is going to get killed. Since I already never leave my room, nobody would suspect anything.
>>
>>159466412
Facebook would know every page you visited before their deaths and then you would be caught and arrested.
>>
>>159466489
>Mark Zuckerberg destroys the gacebook servers and dies in the fire
>>
>>159445823
By living in a sub-500 population village in a country that wouldn't give a fuck.
>>
>>159466412
>I'll just type random names on facebook and everyone who looks like a douche is going to get killed.
Facebook uses complex algorithms to determine which people it shows you when you search, not to mention the fact that you need an account to search for people I think.
That's only the top of the iceberg, you're caught way too easily.
>>
File: 1499215919915.jpg (127KB, 750x1194px) Image search: [Google]
1499215919915.jpg
127KB, 750x1194px
>>159461878
>>159462246
It wasn't using the Death Note that got you sent to nowhere.
>>
wouldn't be that hard?? go on TOR just make a fake facebook account and find some popular meme group like LADbible and pick names.
if u actually had some kind of ideological motive then I guess it would be more difficult
>>
Realistically I wouldn't use it because I don't want to go to purgatory, but assuming I had a reason to use it:

I'm a neet who never sticks to any real schedule of sleep or work, so use that to my advantage and space the killings out all over the place. Intersperse accidents with other natural causes. Burn the pages after they're used so the notebook is nearly always empty. Replace the binding with a new cover after I've memorized the rules. Most importantly change nothing about my life or previous behavior, simply write in the notebook destroy the page and go back to shitposting. Do not respond to any public taunts or figures calling you out by killing them.

I can't imagine them ever finding me in that case. If killing a person would force me to break any of the above rules I would just have to pass on killing them.
>>
>>159467387
one more thing: never speak about the notebook or anything related to it out loud. Would have to completely ignore the shinigami. Never know who's listening these days
>>
Easily: Don't abide an alias; don't kill those who are blatant personal enemies; don't kill those who would blatantly further my own personal gain and then benefit directly; space out killings across the entire globe, possibly even red herring everyone by killing a string of minor celebrities/nobodies in one particular country I am not from to make them believe I may even be from there.
It would be genuinely impossible to catch a Death Note user if they weren't a pants-on-head retard like Light.
>>
>>159456983
not really
t. student
>>
>>159447527
Savage.
>>
>>159467426
I feel like Light got played so hard by the Kanto broadcast that from that moment on it was inevitable he'd be caught, even if it wasn't a fatal mistake. He still knew it was an unforced error and was ashamed that he might not be as smart as he thought, setting on the path where he over-estimates himself and gets needlessly embroiled in stuff the average person would just ignore. This is best shown through the tennis match.
>>
File: 1465622776187.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1465622776187.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
>>159445823
By not using it.
>>
File: C6gmMiSU4AAACWP.jpg (55KB, 1023x590px) Image search: [Google]
C6gmMiSU4AAACWP.jpg
55KB, 1023x590px
>>159445823
You're not going to get caught if you don't have the death note
>>
>kill only well know people on a international scale
>mimic natural death (heartattack, food poisoning, accident, viral infection)
>don't kill too much people

and most importent
>don't be egocentric moron with a god complex
>>
>>159468278
But that just sucks the fun out of the whole thing
>>
>>159468278
But that's the only kind of person who would use the death note. A normie would think it's an emo diary, write their name under "____'s diary", and immediately die.
>>
>>159468754
And even non-normies would at least read the rules and realize that death gods actually existing means the whole "being sent to purgatory" thing makes it not worth using.
>>
you can use it but at the end of the day can they prove you did it if you just hid the death note?
>>
>>159468925
I can't imagine any way they could ever convict a person for it. If you hid the note and it was never found, it's impossible for them to make it stick.
>>
>>159468925
It's called a murder weapon and it basically seals the deal.
>>
I ...honestly wouldn't use it unless I felt there was someone endangering innocent people's lives.

It's not that I'm against execution for crimes, but I don't want to be a murderer.

Honestly, after reading the rules I would probably just give it back to Ryuk, and then he would owe me a favor
>>
if i make a robot to write every person in the planet's name non-stop, would i be blamed?
>>
>>159469517
> Implying Ryuk didn't """""drop""""" his book so he can play with sick twisted humies
>>
>>159469801
Yes, you're still knowingly killing people the only difference is you're using a machine to do it.

interesting idea though
>>
The real question is whether or not you'd take the eyes.
>>
>>159469864
i guess since the robot can't think for itself it wouldn't produce any effect since it must be thinking of the victim's face
>>
>>159445823
DOn't make everyone die of a heart attack o no one thinks they're dying because of someone?
>>
>>159469910
oh, good point
>>
>>159445823
Make all the deaths occur on Ramadan or some other backwards ass holiday. Write names all throughout the year but the day it triggers is whatever arbitrary holiday you pick on 1200 GMT.
>>
>>159467223
doesn't he get sent to shinigami-land for eternal boredom?
>>
I've always wondered, if I write an airplane pilot's name while he's flying a plane he'd die right?
But that would cause the plane to crash and other people would die
Or if during a bank robbery I were to kill one of the burglars, one of the others could freak out and start killing hostages, so again more people die
Basically the "no collateral casualties" rule is retarded
>>
>>159470633
No.
>>
>>159454990
Wew, anon, /rel/ isn't a thing yet.
>>
>>159451293
If you make him die by making him suicide while he is making a speech, I think it won't cause a war against any country, but the gouvernment will be took over by another dickhead
>>
>>159449158
I would add the BIG mistake Misa made, her plan was actually good (send a messagge to Kira that only him can understand) but she chose to meet with him the very first day, the very day Light was on the same place as her. Only for that everyone should know that Light was Kira.
>>
not have people get killed off in strange ways or heart attacks every damn day, play the long game to never raise suspicion.
>>
>>159470842
>>159451293
Rumor has it that the one most likely to take over in the event of Kim's death is actually his sister, a woman clad in all kinds of mystery.
>>
>>159470926
>tfw no mysterious dictator gf
>>
>>159470968
They say she is incredibly beautiful and intelligent and has gone out of the way to make herself unknown, but that's "beautiful" by North Korean standards so y'know
>>
Can you write someone's name and then get them to confess their crimes then die of natural causes/old age? Because if so that's the only way I'd use it, on the corrupt politicians and government officials and such
>>
>>159445856
FPBP?
>>
>>159470988
Oh I don't think she is anything special, North Korea and especially it's dictators are glorified by propaganda.
>>
>>159471069
No that information mostly comes from regime defectors and intelligence agencies who have looked into her. I don't think she's ever even mentioned by the DPRK officially, she herself is likely some kind of intelligence operative.

I also just choose to believe she's really hot
>>
>>159470770
If by killing someone in the death note kills other people, the guy does not die.
>>
>>159471115
>the guy does not die.
Which rule is that?
>>
>>159445823
Stop abusing it like a reckless faggot and actually plan.
If Light was so intelligent how come he didn't think for a second that abusing a powerful artifact would have consequences?
shit story was shit.
>>
>>159471192
>tfw to intelligent to realize the limits of your own intelligence
common problem
>>
>>159448812
Yes, that's the point of having the picture of someone in your head.
The language doesn't matter.
If your name is James and it's written in any language and i'm clearly thinking of you or looking at a picture of you. The Death Note by default knows who I am talking about (because it's a magical deus ex machina device).
If I don't know the name the death note doesn't work and if I don't know what the person looks like the death note doesn't work.

It's a two part system and probably the only well written part of the entire series, since if you stated "Kim Jon dies at 1am today." you'd accidently kill like 1 million koreans, instead of your intended target.
>>
>>159445823
>kill people in different ways
>don't stand out at all or try to become a god
>only use it for my own convenience or for people I like
Literally impossible to get caught.
>>
>>159447453
Light was ultimately caught because Misa was a retard who sent video envelopes with her own DNA on them to the police. That led L directly to Light and the Death Note. If it weren't for Misa, L could have ran circles around L without fear of him figuring out the Death Note.
>>
>>159471142
An important one.
The death note can not cause collateral fatalities, at least not as a direct consequence.
>>
>>159471361
but there's a rule that if you write the person's name wrong 4 times that person cannot be killed
>>
>>159471361
>probably the only well written part of the entire series
Not really
It's magic, why do I need a name, can't I just think of a face and write "that asshole with the red glasses", I'm thinking very clearly of a single person, it should work
>>
>>159445856
How the fuck is this works? Why first post always the best?
>>
The most interesting thing is that Ryuk was written as part of a death note. Remember bus-kun? One of his last actions was to hallucinate a thing and then shoot it. You would think a shinigami would be exempt from its effect.
>>
>>159471276
Is it really that common?
I'm not unintelligent, i'm rather astute in life and i'm pretty worldly even if I never became a mathematician or anything. However I often feel that I am less intelligent than I actually am.
Maybe it's just because I notice my ego and wish to remain humble, but I think if I was given a notebook with the same ability It would be exactly as follows.

>Oh wow, let's test this
>pedophile x dies at y time, and z reason
>it works
>Spend next week carefully contemplating
>choose my ideology
>understand that I can not just commit genocide levels of murder without someone noticing and causing mass panic, hurting innocent people

Obviously if I'm any template of evil I wouldn't care, but neutral or good and i'd obviously not want mass chaos for the sake of mass chaos.
Meaning Light was psychotic from the get go, there was never a moment he wasn't insane.
>>
>>159451523
>You misunderstood
No, you were being misleading as fuck you retard.
>>
File: 1482112229059.png (970KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482112229059.png
970KB, 1280x720px
>>159445823
Using it sparingly for mild selfish reasons.
>>
>>159471712
Was Ryuk supposed to blink out of existance?
As long as it makes sense it's gonna happen
If Ryuk wasn't with Light, he would have had a random hallucination and done the same
I love how Ryuk was
>you can see me? That's not right you s-
>ooooh Light you crafty bastard!
>>
>>159471747
>Is it really that common?
Smart people overestimating themselves? Absolutely. Every group of people always has that one guy who has an inflated verbal IQ that he uses to sound smarter than he is and ends up believing his own bullshit. I know because I am that one in my circle. If you can't think of one in your circle then you're also that guy.

>Spend next week carefully contemplating
At this point you've already used it once so you're damned to purgatory anyway, might as well go as far as you want. If you still decided not to use it that just makes you a really good person I guess.

>Meaning Light was psychotic from the get go, there was never a moment he wasn't insane.
Absolutely
>>
>>159445823
How the fuck could you possibly get caught with the Death Note?
>>
>>159471712
That guy saw Ryuk because he touched a piece of the death note. Without that, he probably would have simply imagined some different otherwordly creature.
>>
>>159471867
Like that essay from earlier in the thread put it, Death Note is basically a thought-experiment on how to still get caught while using the perfect murder weapon
>>
>>159471513
Writing someone's name wrong isn't the same as writing someone's name in a different language is it?
Light wrote Japanese pretty regularly throughout the manga and show and clearly used names from other languages. Some names have no literal translation. They only have an implied translation.
If I'm wrong, please tell me.
>>159471533
It wasn't a well written series, I simply stated the DN was the only part that was well written.
Eating a shit sandwich instead of a shit soup isn't much better. Just slightly.
>>
>>159445823
Jut detail every dead.
>>
>pick a random fat american or bong
>write a directions like "sends 100 bux through paypal, dies from heart attack a few days later"

Repeat every so often targeting people in random regions, get personal profit.
>>
>>159471930
>have a god-like power to kill with no trace and control peoples actions prior to their deaths
>use it to steal pocket change in an easily traceable way
but why
>>
>>159471976
This
Just manipulate the stock market, make a few millions, and then keep killing for fun instead of profit
>>
>>159472036
at the very least you could always win a deadpool

bet on a high-stakes boxing match knowing full well that one fighter will die in the 3rd round
etc.

you just can't do it too much, like counting cards
>>
>>159471930
sure, wired transactions linking you to the victims wouldn't be anywhere suspicious
now i know why people get caught
>>
>>159471976
>>159471976
>>have a god-like power to kill with no trace and control peoples actions prior to their deaths
More trouble than it's worth, i'd be content with getting free hotpockets out of it.

And since it's so insignificant it won't be getting back to me.
>>
I would write down every anon that used their real name then anons start using it as a free murder service to kill people they don't like
>>
>>159472101
You'd murder random people for hotpocket money? And you'd use paypal where you can be easily traced to the victims?

I'm not sure what to say to you
>>
>>159472129
You dont know their faces
>>
>>159472093
Holy shit that'd be awesome
>>159472129
As I've said many times, if death note were real and the user announced himself as Light did, we'd have a /kira/ board with sexy fanart of Kira-chan and people posting pics and names
Either that or /pol/ would have half the catalog full of kira threads
>>
>>159471853
I literally have no friends Senpai, I live with my girlfriend. I'm physically and mentally disabled. I only sound smart because I have quite literally all day to study things and research my interest.
I highly doubt my IQ is higher than say 125.
I really only sound intelligent because of my ability to spend all day contemplating and thinking of every possible scenario.
I'm also completely delusional from years of isolation, so yeah I might be as you stated "that guy".
I spend most days sitting at a park and watching my dogs, i'm only 28.

>>159471853
>At this point you've already used it once so you're damned to purgatory anyway, might as well go as far as you want. If you still decided not to use it that just makes you a really good person I guess.
I don't think I wouldn't use it, just not to the level that Light did.
I feel causing mass hysteria would be ethically wrong. I have no right to play god to humanity.
The DN isn't playing god, it's just a tool to be used like a gun or any other weapon.
Killing someone who deserves it is one thing, but Light tried to change and shape the entire world and I do find something wrong in this.
Maybe that's silly, but I would not use the DN for political ideologies.
>>
>>159472193
>I have it on good authority that this is the true identity of Kira-sama
>SamHyde.jpg
>>
>>159472219
>have no friends
>live with girlfriend
geez
>>
>>159472219
>I highly doubt my IQ is higher than say 125.
That's not exactly low. Technically "gifted" and I think the 95 percentile
>>
>>159472219
>The DN isn't playing god, it's just a tool to be used like a gun or any other weapon.
That's the right attitude to have, Light was essentially a religious terrorist
>>
>>159445823
Not being in a fictional story where the villain has to lose in the end because muh morality tale ending.
>>
>>159466105
It's not you fucking moron, on the bus with the criminal, when Light "gets caught" he's calm and says there's no way he could be shot because the Death Note doesn't allow it
>>
>>159451933
> find names of people who want to die but can't due to euthanasia laws and have them die peacefully in their sleep
This is the best answer in the thread because it's one of the only ways I've heard to have the DN help and not harm with no worries about collateral or even much legal trouble even if you're caught. Most people would probably respect it. You're damning yourself to do it, too. Pretty respectable.
>>
>>159472511
>not harm with no worries about collateral or even much legal trouble even if you're caught.
you'd still be held for murder
>>
>>159446430
I hope this is a lesson for all you faggots. You know who I'm talking about.
>>
>>159472487
That's because the death note isn't involved anymore
But again, if the death note were central to the murder itself it could be used
>>
Everyone is forgetting the shinigami. He wont wait till you die and probably kill you.
>>
>>159472610
Yeah but people might be sympathetic
Also for a jury to convict they'd probably have to be allowed to touch the death note to verify the shinigami as being real

That would change the entire world's view of everything
>>
>>159472719
or you'd be executed in secret and the government would use the death note as a weapon
>>
>I NEED TO GET CLOSE TO HIM SO HE DOESNT EVENTUALLY GET ME
>>
>>159472763
You could try lying through your teeth and hoping they keep you alive to use the death note
>because I'm the only one who knows the rules well enough
>>
>>159472763
this desu. A magic murder book would become blackop ghost shit SO fast and anyone remotely connected to it would simply dissapear.
>>
>>159445823
This guy explains in great detail everything Light did wrong (his biggest fuck-up was letting L know that he had access to police information) and what the best way of never getting caught would be.
>https://www.gwern.net/Death%20Note%20Anonymity

The best advice given is to completely randomize times of death so nobody can ever figure out what timezone you even live in. And even if they do figure that out somehow, if you don't let loose any information you should never get caught.
The difficulty of course would come if you want to send messages to the wider world as Kira on what you want people to do or not do.
>>
Don't use it like a murderous maniac, and limit yourself to few cases when it's actually worth it, and there is practically no risk of the death being linked to you.
>>
>>159472855
it all comes down to this>>159472870
of course people'd get suspicious if thousands of criminals suddenly die out of thin air
>>
>>159472908
>of course people'd get suspicious if thousands of criminals suddenly die out of thin air
That wouldn't matter. The whole point of Kira is to both punish criminals and serve as a deterrent, so you would want people to know you're out there doing what you're doing. You just have to make sure nobody has any way of ever figuring out where you even are, hence randomizing times of death and making sure to kill criminals reported on media outlets from all over the world.
>>
>>159445823
Don't take L's bait.
>>
>>159472146
>victims
Person dying from incurable condition or even simple heart attack is not a victim.
There will be no investigation especially after autopsy reveals no foul play.

Certainly not into irrelevant money transfer through conventional methods that happened days/weeks or longer before the unfortunate event that the original person forgot all about it.

>You'd murder random people for hotpocket money?
As good reason as any.
>>
>>159472979
if Light had known earlier that ripped out pieces of the notebook still work, he definitely would have just randomized the killings throughout the day and L would have been stuck at square 1
>>
>>159472855
>Not really. L could get one bit just by looking at history or crime statistics, and noting that mass murderers are, to an astonishing degree, male1, thereby ruling out half the world population and actually starting L off with a requirement to obtain only 32 bits to break Light’s anonymity.
I mean, statiscally it is more likely for Kira to be a man, but the fact that the second Kira was a woman kind of shows that you should not jump to conclusions like that.
>>
>>159473092
>Person dying from incurable condition or even simple heart attack is not a victim.
What? Yes it is. By using the notebook you're forcing them into that death.

>As good reason as any.
Better than doing it for free
>>
>>159473094
>if Light had known earlier that ripped out pieces of the notebook still work, he definitely would have just randomized the killings
He didn't need the pages to be ripped out to randomize the times of death. All he had to do was write the names and times of death for random times in advance.
>>
>>159473160
Man, he really fucked up hard then
>>
>>159473118
L only went forward by doing somewhat reasonable jumps in logic, so that's acceptable
>>
File: 1499003870659.jpg (178KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499003870659.jpg
178KB, 1280x720px
You people are dumb fucks

The government doesn't have to go out of its way to come up with bs to put you i prison with a magical death note.

They'd torture you until you fess up how you can pass it over to them and if not they'll kill you and say you committed suicide. No one irl with a death note would simply be convicted.
>>
>>159473145
>What? Yes it is. By using the notebook you're forcing them into that death.
From a standpoint of the law the notebook doesn't exist, neither does magic power to give people delayed cancer so people dying are not victims but unfortunate cases of natural circumstance.
It's not a money transfer connected to "victim"

The user knows the truth of course but that's doesn't matter.

The only way to fuck up is to get attention of CIA/FSB since they probably know magic books exist.
>>
File: IMG_20170627_021334.jpg (24KB, 302x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170627_021334.jpg
24KB, 302x302px
Lights only mistake in the first arc was the inital fuck up with L.

Everything he did after benefited him all the way until he literally became L and had access to world wide police databases which Light took advantage of.

After that nobody expected L to have random relatives that were never hinted at all to pop up and receive data but yeah, he kinda stopped considering every scenario in the 2nd arc and was punished for it
>>
>>159473047
Taking L's bait wasn't the problem, it just confirmed something L already suspected, that Kira lives in Kanto and is probably a high school student. His real mistake was taunting L by letting him know he has access to police information, which allowed L to really narrow down the potential millions of suspects to a couple hundred people related to cops involved in the investigation, that's when Light getting caught became inevitable.
>>
>commit murder
>use DN to kill prosecutors and judges
>postpone case indefinitely
>>
>>159473466
His problem was never looking into the history of L and Watari
>holy shit an orphanage for autists like L
>I should probably take care of this before another pain in the ass starts bothering me
>>
>>159473549
Light has no power over retcons.
>>
>>159453091
Probably something with rich folks and buttcoins
>>
File: 4188690-iihiko_defeats_ajimu.png (393KB, 1779x1300px) Image search: [Google]
4188690-iihiko_defeats_ajimu.png
393KB, 1779x1300px
>>159473634
Yeah yeah, the author can just kill whoever he wants, even the MC because he can
>so this person dies now because fuck you
>>
>>159473549
>His problem was never looking into the history of L and Watari

Come on, you think those 2 would plainly leave history about themselves lying around for light in case they die?
>>
File: 14432990.jpg (43KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
14432990.jpg
43KB, 638x960px
>>159451023
>Kim Jong Un
>death by missile malfunction
>>
>>159445823

How WOULD you even get caught?

Let's say, RIGHT NOW, you write down the name of every political leader in the world. They all die of a heart attack.

How would anyone find you? There are billions of people in the world who would want them dead. A global manhunt would turn up jack shit, because the killer is literally using MAGIC.
>>
>>159473886
Watari's identity was published in a newspaper and they knew he founded orphanages
Fucking use you network to figure out what those places are and kill everyone involved you idiot
>>
>>159445823
One thing always bugged me. Why didn't L or the government look into internet searches? People who suspiciously googled criminals that happened to die a day later would be prime suspects, especially if the criminals have been in jail for years and thus haven't been in newspapers or Tv lately.
>>
>>159473933
If that's all you ever did with it, it'd be essentially impossible to find you and it would spawn more conspiracy theories than any act in history

If it happened, there's a huge list of potential reasons people would pour over for thousands of years, and "magic notebook" would be pretty far down the list.
>>
>>159445823
If i can't kill my enemy, i will kill the one he loves
>>
>>159473933
They might be able to tell what timezone you live in and what your work schedule is, just like L did with Light. But after that, the authorities would be shit out of luck unless you did something stupid like Light did.
>>
>>159473983

I mean, I'm no expert, but if I wanted to change the world, I would do it by killing political leaders. (Well, probably feminists too, but that's just for personal amusement.)

Like, there's simply no way anyone could stop someone with a Death Note unless he wanted to be caught.
>>
>>159472246
Having a girlfriend isn't all its cracked up to be Senpai, it's pretty stressful. I technically need her to live, I can't operate by myself because as I stated previously I'm mentally and physically disabled.
I use to be pretty Chad, but I'm broken now.
I'd like to have some friends, I use to talk to people online pretty regularly, but I haven't talked to anyone offline for years now with the exception of my significant other.
Well that's a half truth, I have to talk to doctors, but there isn't much there.
>do you feel pain here
>yes
>do you feel depressed
>yes
They hate me, because I don't respond to stimuli really anymore. I've flatlined emotionally is the term.
>>159472305
As I stated I'm not unintelligent brother Anon, I just at times do not feel as intelligent as I think I am. I often feel like I'm low IQ because I can't operate in life at all. Sometimes I just shut down.
I tried to put my shoes on yesterday and ended up sitting there for about 2-3 hours doing nothing.

I have a child with another woman, they think i'm a dead beat dad.
I'm unable to care for the child at all. I feel no love for it, I can't make money. So they just talk shit about me all day.
I think i've heard a quote somewhere about no gift comes without consequence (or without something in return)? Well maybe intelligence means you lose something else along the way.
Ignorance is bliss so to speak.
>>159472447
Yes I agree, if I watched someone commit great evil. A man found raping a child for instance, I'd feel nothing about using the DN.
However I can not just say "I want to kill x religious leader because I don't believe in their ideology."
Countries have the right to evolve on their own, as do religions, and cultures.
I can only judge people based off the current evolution of MY culture.
In The U.S.A. we know child rape is wrong, so I know it is wrong.

I've never lived in a country where marrying 12 year olds is common, so I am not alright with judging them.
>>
>>159473971
I imagine the laws regarding that kind of thing are different in Japan, though technically L was international he was still playing by Japan's rules.
>>
>>159473983
Except the millions of people who watched death note would immediately realize what was happening
>>
>>159473933
i think that would cause the start of a world war w/ nukes and shit
>>
>>159473971
Because Light used TV's and VPN's exist
>>
>>159474065
>a thing from a cartoon became real
It would be considered a joke theory since there'd be no way to prove it if you just destroyed the notebook after performing that one act

Only Death Note fans would ever know and only the most vehement ones would insist on the theory.
>>
>>159474065

But even then, how would they find you? I mean, let's say someone went "Wow, it must be someone who really hated politicians."

Gee, that's nearly everyone in the world.
>>
>>159474096
Yes, Light used TV for newer criminals, but for all those guys he killed in prison or foreigners he would probably have to look them up.
>>
>>159474042
>They might be able to tell what timezone you live in
That's a stretch. I could be using it at like, 4.00am, that would throw them off so hard if they decided to investigate everywhere there was daylight.
>>
Just use it to kill people to further my own well-being rather than playing god.
>>
>>159474128
Then there's a chance he used a VPN also you are forgetting he just looked through his dads police database
>>
>>159474067
Not if you incorporate the nukes in to the death like >>159473917
>>
>>159474164
If you only killed once a day, sure. That's another mistake Light made - killing so many so quickly that trends could be identified. But just like making them all heart attacks, he made these mistakes because he had to in order to build the God image.

Basically somebody without Light's ego could never be caught.
>>
>>159473948
It was only published after his death though.
>>
>>159474224

Not really. You could kill thousands in a day, and they still couldn't find you.

Let's say you're in America right now, and all around the world, terrorists and criminals start dropping dead. America is really, really fucking big.

Assuming anyone knows, specifically, you're using a Death Note - where do they go next? "Oh, the killer must be...somewhere in North America! Let's search everyone there."
>>
I wonder how Kira dealt with North Korea. I assume he probably killed Kim Jong-il, what happened then? Since Kira being Japanese was a well-known fact, would North Korea retaliate by attacking Japan?
>>
>>159474327
The great irony is that the archive of this thread and the people who posted might be one of the first places to look, so all of us talking about how to escape getting caught with a Death Note have made ourselves more likely to be caught with a Death Note.
>>
>>159474112
Of course they wouldn't find you
But there would be thousands of autists who would insist it was a death note, and you could possible prove it too
>after the clusterfuck happened some important politician who was still alive does a live announcement to the world
>during the announcement he stops for a few seconds
>"citizens of the world, do you know Shinigami love apples?"
>dude dies immediately afterwards
>>159474100
It'd be hilarious for 4chan to be right about something so insane
>>
>>159474384

After I wacked JFK, I'm pretty sure no-one will ever know my secret.
>>
>>159474370

You know, the amount of influence you have with the Death Note is unbelievable. You could start religious wars.

Let's say, right now, I write down:

> "Angela Merkel, killed by a Muslim."
> "Jeremy Corbyn, stabbed by an asylum-seeker."
> "Hillary Clinton, murdered by an Islamic fundamentalist."
> "Pope: Declares that God is calling him home for the New Crusade, dies of spontaneous human combustion."

Just think about the amount of chaos that would occur.
>>
>>159445823
Really, Light was extremely lucky that L never shared his suspicions that Light was Kira with anyone other than the investigation team. If any government knew that Light was a prime suspect in being Kira, they'd kill him and his entire family just to be sure.
>>
>>159474505
They have to be feasible and reasonable or the victim just falls down dead, anon.

However you could totally turn anyone into a Manchurian candidate.
>>
>>159474505
>> "Angela Merkel, killed by a Muslim."
>> "Jeremy Corbyn, stabbed by an asylum-seeker."
>> "Hillary Clinton, murdered by an Islamic fundamentalist."
None of these would work, you can't force somebody to kill others using the Death Note.
>>
>>159474423
Oh shit we've finally got him
>>
>>159474594
Yes you can
Remember how Light caused at leas 2 people to be run over?
As long as the only person who dies is the one with the name written in the death nore
>>
>>159474594

Yeah, you're right. I completely forgot. How about:

> "Jeremy Corbyn, dies of heart attack while spewing hate speech."
> "Hillary Clinton, denounces feminism and the Democratic party, dies of stroke."
> "Angela Merkel, shoots herself on live TV after decrying 'the ruin immigrants have brought to Europe."
>>
>>159445823
I would kill myself.
>>
>>159474505
>combustion
Jesus dude some imagination you've got, can you imagine? That would be fucking ridiculous. The pope fucking explodes?
>>
>>159474651
>Remember how Light caused at leas 2 people to be run over?
He made those people run into traffic, not the same thing.
>>
>>159474681
Making them do a 180 so suddenly and then dying makes it look like they were coerced into making those statements. Kind of ruins the whole point don't you think
>>
>>159474697

I know, right? If you wanted to be REALLY nasty, you could have it as:

> "Pope declares that God will smite the unworthy until his true successor shows himself, dies of spontaneous human combustion".

Then you kill every Pope who succeeds him until you get the one you want.
>>
>>159474733
Why not?
If nobody knows about the death note, those are murders caused by the drivers
>>
>>159474594
You just need to give the DN a helping hand, anon
> victim A fires wildly into place
> victim B-american. gets shot
>>
>>159474681
Wasn't one of the conditions of the Death Note that you couldn't get people to act or say things they wouldn't normally do? Like, Light couldn't get a criminal to write "I know that L suspects the police" in his suicide note because he had no reason to believe that.
>>
>>159474758

What, someone who coerced Hillary, Jeremy Corbyn AND Merkel? That seems astronomically unlikely.
>>
>angela merk will die from a skateboard accident while trying to do a 1080 backflip and landing on her neck
>jeremy corbyn will die from suffocation while performing auto-erotic asphyxiation
>hillary clinton will die from dehidration due to severe diarrhea
>pope will die by accident while trying to molest some kids
>>
>>159474802
Not exactly
The prisoner couldn't write that because he didn't know it and because of how Light worded it, it was something impossible for him to know
However anyone is capable of writing that sentence regardless of their knowledge on the matter
>>
>>159474370
Ohba never really went into the political implications on the global stage that Kira would have had other than the POTUS wussing out. He only focused on Japan.
>>
>>159474895
Now this I can get behind
Can I kill people by having them trip on banana peels?
I want to see the news report it and cause a shitstorm online
>>
>>159474809
But 3 big figures coming out and completely reverse their positions before dying still looks sketchy so people wouldn't take the statements as seriously. You could be more subtle is my point.
>>
>>159474973
>trip on banana peels
If I wasn't so tired I might actually look into how many people this has really happened to
>>
>>159474423

I KNEW IT
>>
>>159474972
Which is stupid since those things would very interesting to see developed
>>159475062
Apparently it actually happened to some people
>>
File: taterz iz justice.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
taterz iz justice.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
Hey guise I finally got a death note post your name, pic, and waifu and I'll send you into her loving arms.
>>
File: Satoshi_Kon.jpg (23KB, 348x312px) Image search: [Google]
Satoshi_Kon.jpg
23KB, 348x312px
>>159475335
this is me, please don't kill me too painful
>>
>>159475387
> No waifu
Rejected. I only deliver anons to the 2d.
>>
>>159475335
>anon falls into a coma for 23 days where he dreams of a beautiful life with his waifu and he is happy, he then dies peacefully with a smile on his face while uttering her name in front of his perplexed family members and friends
>>
>>159475206
Such a rare and hilarious way to die it's almost an honor
>>
File: rusty.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rusty.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>159475420
Rusty Shackleford
Lina Inverse
>>
>>159475445
>dude slips on a banana peel. He falls to the ground and cracks his skull, his last words are "FUCKING VEGANS I'M GONNA KILL YOU ALL"
>>
>>159468894
The purgatory doesn't exist. All people cease to exist after they die.
>>
>>159475516
Enjoy your trip to the waifu hotel, Rusty! A one month express coma with your waifu by your side awaits. Or you might get gunned down in a dark alley while telling a nearby boy that they must avenge you by becoming batman. Lol. Have fun!
>>
>>159475780
>you might get gunned down in a dark alley
As the person dictating my death via the Death Note, shouldn't you know the absolute details? What is this "might" shit?
>>
File: 1488200626463.png (272KB, 1343x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1488200626463.png
272KB, 1343x1017px
>>159475863
I think that's the point, anon.
>>
>>159470770
I'd just say there would be a scenario to prevent collateral deaths. Pilot dies? Co pilot takes over or somehow a passanger takes over or the plane crashes in a statistically unlikely safe way with no casualties. Kill a bank robber? The other ones simply won't kill hostages over it.
>>
File: images.jpg (14KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 450x253px
>>159445823
making L a nigger
cos nigger cant tantei
Thread posts: 513
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.