[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just finished this. Could someone tell me what the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1439295620619.jpg (474KB, 1920x951px) Image search: [Google]
1439295620619.jpg
474KB, 1920x951px
So I just finished this. Could someone tell me what the fuck did I just watch?
>>
>>159428833
Pretentious crap
>>
>>159428833
Anno jerking off in front of you
>>
Some bullshit they put together to make it look deep.
>>
Revenge.
>>
File: 1498354168451.png (17KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
1498354168451.png
17KB, 220x200px
>>159429225
Unironically this.
>>
Simple rundown of the mythology...
- Some ancient Gods/Aliens/Celestial beings seeded the universe.
- 2 individual seeds, Adam & Lilith both landed on earth in the first impact.
- 2 seeds and their progeny can not co exist in the same environment.
- Lilith used the Lance of Longinus to defeat Adan and force him into hibernation and her spawn the human race went on to inherit the earth.
- In the year 2000 the Katsuragi expedition found Adam's body and preformed unknown experiments on him.
- He awoke and attempted to cleanse the earth of his competition's spawn, this was partially adverted but the event 2nd impact still occurred.
- 2nd Impact killed over half the earth's population in a massive oceanic upheaval.
- Warfare ensued, including the destruction of Tokyo by nuclear weapons.
- The new Japanese government is secretly controlled by the committee known as Seele.
- It is prophesied in scrolls discovered alongside Adam that even if he is destroyed his spawn the Angels will appear 15 years after his death to reclaim the earth.
- Nerv is established to build bio mechanical Evangelion Units off the data taken from Adam.
- Nerv's headquarters is built in a underground geo-front within the buried Black Moon transport that brought Lilith to earth.
- Eva units each have a core with a human soul inhabiting it allowing for only bloodline descendents of them to pilot the units.
>>
Now about the ending...
Instrumentality = humanity becoming a hive mind after their bodies disintegrate in to LCL, the last 2 episodes of the tv show, give us instrumentality from shinji's mental perspective with zero context for what instrumentality is or how it came about, it ends with him making up a happy ending for himself instead of accepting the reality of the situation, The End of Evangelion (1997) movie gives us context showing 3rd impact taking place in the real world bringing about instrumentality, then shows shinji's mind further down the road rejecting instrumentality allowing himself and anyone else to come back to physical life should they wish to.
Judging by the aging on the Mass Production Eva units Instrumentality may have lasted centuries.
At the very end Shinji tries to strangle Asuka. Reason being he is emotionally broken from the virtually endless mind fuck they just went through and won't take anymore abuse from her plus his mental simulation of her pre-instrumentality rejecting his begging for help basically set Instrumentality in motion.
>>
>>159428833
Will this meme ever end?
>>
>>159429717
What meme ? Eva ?
>>
>>159429893
The meme that its not understandable.
>>
>>159430166
It's really sad because they actually think that starting such treads makes them look smarter for having watched something super-duper intelligent and obscure.
>>
>>159430166
It is understandable, it's not even that deep, it just tries to pass itself as deep.
It's the fans' fault, it was their first "mature" anime, much like Bepop, or Gundam wing, so they overhip it and see it as something that it isn't.
He'll, even the ending wasn't that original, it already happened in other animes before.
>>
>>159430374
It absolutely has a rich well done mythology but that doesn't equal it being deep and it doesn't need to be.
>>
>>159430374
>it just tries to pass itself as deep
I'm not sure that is true, I think it's just trying (& IMO succeeding) in being bibically epic & mysterious.
>>
>>159430663
>>159430423
Yeah, it had that sense of mystery, and I thought that was the only thing going for it, most of the characters were cliche, and for the most part, it looked like they were trying to fit as many anime trips as possible, even the little humour it had was unoriginal.
>>
>>159431132
>most of the characters were cliche
No they were deconstructions of the cliches. They had vastly more depth & pathos then previous version of the character types.
>>
>>159431252
See ? That's what I'm talking about, it's like the animes that came before Eva Didn't have any well written characters.
Watch more old animes, you'll be surprised of how many of them have great characterization.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.