[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So whose genius idea was it to build Tokyo III on top of their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Tokyo3.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo3.png
1MB, 1024x768px
So whose genius idea was it to build Tokyo III on top of their super secret base, getting destroyed every few weeks costing billions and billions of dollars (so like quintillions of yen) each time and probably tens of thousands of human lives? It was just more efficient that normal plebs who have nothing to do with Nerv live and work on site in their skyscraper buildings that need to be rebuilt every time an Angel fires off a laser instead of just have those people essential to Nerv/SEELE live inside their armor plated egg fortress?
>>
I think it was Gerry Anderson's idea
>>
puppet economy to keep all those idiots busy so they have a purpose while the world ends around them.
>>
That's how Japanese economy works since the 40s.
You build a big city and let it get destroyed by a nuke or kaiju once finished.
That way the companies building the cities get fucking rich.
Economic growth Anon.
>>
>>159419791
>inside
That doesn't sound like a very good idea since it would massively increase the life support requirements for the fortress and introduce a bunch of untrusted people who could turn against their leaders or riot or simply turn to petty crime in a scenario where access to the surface is lost. The alternative to building the city on top would be building it farther away and making the peasants commute. That could create issues with the amount of time needed for workers to get on site in an emergency or the fuel consumption involved in commuting, but having to rebuild the city negates the latter.
>>
>>159420905
>The alternative to building the city on top would be building it farther away and making the peasants commute.
But that's sort of what I'm suggesting. Why did the peasants need to be on top of their super secret egg fortress? Build Tokyo III far away from Lilith, and let the plebs live out their shitty lives way over there instead of come here and get lasered by an Angel before we spend billions rebuilding the skyscraper they were in. Only those who know about Nerv or SEELE are really any importance to the Angels or Evas or any of that shit.
>>
>>159419791
Tokyo III economy is based on keeping the EVAs, tanks, VLSs and everything that does pew pew working. You need a shit ton of people there. At least 60% of the people are Nerv crew, with the remaining 40% working to keep them living. It's like asking why put sailors in a carrier when it's prone to be attacked by the enemy.
>>
>>159421008
I guess Nerv was eventually prepping to confront human-minded enemies like they ended up doing. Having to rebuild your housing might have been costly and impractical, but so would have been having staff living at a 10 minutes commute from your fortress while you have Seele cordoning it while simultaneously cleaning up said staff's city..
>>
>>159419791
>It was just more efficient that normal plebs who have nothing to do with Nerv
I was sort of under the impression that everyone in Tokyo-3 was somehow involved with Nerv no?
Also Tokyo was sort of already there, it would be a pain to move it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.