[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knight & Magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 30

I'm enjoying this as Fantasy Mecha but what even is the point for the Isekai framing? And not just in a "Isekai is an overused trash motif" but legitimately WHY in this case?

His stupid magic gunblade is the only thing that needs him having the memories of a dude from our world to exist

>He has a fetish for the Knights because he was a gunpla otaku

Just make it so that since his life was saved by a mech when he was a little kid at the brink of death, he became fascinated with them anyway

>He was a great programmer in our world so that makes him really good at magic in fantasy land

That asspull is only necessary when the reincarnate ends up as some literally who peasant or novice and the plot has to explain why he is better than the elites trained their whole lives. This kid IS one of those elites. He is from a politically connected and loaded family whose grandpa is the Academy headmaster, his father is a great pilot, and his mother is a mage of no small skill. He doesn't need *lol programming* BS when you can explain his OPness as "He's the genius child of that family, who spared no expense giving him the best training money can buy from an early age". Fuck we even saw a montage of that.

There is no point to him being some otaku code monkey reincarnated. Just making this a straight fantasy story about effeminate genius rich kid and his magic robot boner would have made it 15-20% less infuriating
>>
>>159402653
Isekai sells and that's pretty much it, if it helps you his ability to manipulate magic is beyond broken, the point is that even the most gifted ad privileged person in that world would be a shitter in comparison.
>>
All isekai is wish fulfillment right?
>>
>>159402653
>Why are things like this, when they can be like this?
Because the author fucking wanted it that way. Why have mechs at all? Why have magic? Why does it have to be fantasy? Why are there dwarves? Why does the MC like mechs at all? Why why why?
>>
>>159402653
isekai sells
>>
>>159402653
I keep hearing mixed opinions about this show and it's books. So I'll probably watch it after it's done airing and after I'm done watching Rayearth which I'm very much enjoying.
>>
Is that pasta?
>>
>>159403661
How many special people change?
How many lives are living strange?
Where were you while we were getting high?
>>
>>159402653
Because then you'd just have your standard superman trope character that's great because he was born special.
It's a lot easier to write a genius shittily than it is to write a dude who just has a good education, seeing that very few people actually know geniuses.
>>
>>159403849
Except isn't MC already described as a genius in his old life? He's already someone that was born special.
>>
>>159402653
The whole isekai thing is usually used because it provides such an easy premise for a protagonist, while leaving a lot of options open, meaning an advantage and a handicap or a flaw.

Characters that are reincarnated have the advantage of the knowledge of their past lives, but have the flaw in the fact that their experiences essentially make them very much loners.
Granted, very few isekai ever actually touch this at all.

An adult in a child's body probably wouldn't be too thrilled about going to school or playing around with little kids unless they themselves liked kids in their past lives.
It's a shame this is only touched in the very beginning.
>>
>>159404094
Was he? I just thought he was a codemonkey, which by the way, isn't something exceptional.
Almost anyone who isn't born with some sort of defect can learn how to code and with enough practice, do it for a living, provided there's openings.

It's a lot easier to do with a fully matured brain though.
>>
>>159404163
I think its less "adult in child's body" as much as "child who happens to have all the memories of his last life as an adult"

Kind of like how Reverend Mothers and Kwisatz Haderachs from Dune have their own individual consciousness and personality but there's also all of the memories of their genetic ancestors swimming in their heads
>>
File: 1447060280812.png (3KB, 203x212px) Image search: [Google]
1447060280812.png
3KB, 203x212px
>>159403661
Okay, why did the author want it that way?
>>
>>159404302
In the first five minutes, they literally describe him as a genius programmer who is constantly saving their asses at the company.
>>
File: www.dotup.org1297996.jpg (119KB, 650x920px) Image search: [Google]
www.dotup.org1297996.jpg
119KB, 650x920px
>>159402653
>>
did they skip the ENTIRE school arc?
madman studio
>>
>>159406250
was there anything there other than

>The twin's half brother is a cunt
>Their half sister is super protective of Addy though
>Look how fucking broken Eru is!

It was unnecessary fluff
>>
>>159406674
aye aye, just caught me by suprise really
i'm glad we getting to the action this soon also, can't wait for the showdown against the turtle
>>
>>159406674
>Look how fucking broken Eru is!
Maybe this series has other strong points but isn't that the whole point of isekai shit?
>>
>>159406674
>The twin's half brother is a cunt
I don't remember him being a cunt
>>
>>159408202
They mean the older brother, who's paranoid about the twins gaining notoriety, and wants to crush them, so he has the sister kidnapped and duels the brother.
>>
>>159408202
>I hate my illegitimate siblings so fucking much
>how dare they make my family look bad and plot to take my place
>even though they flat out claim they want nothing to do with your father
>and my older sister cares for them as if they were our true siblings
>I hate them so goddamn much

>I know! I'll have my half sister kidnapped by my friends and tied up in a super rapey situation
>Then I will challenge my half-brother to a duel and beat the shit out of him!
>Boy I sure hope he isn't super good at swordplay and that my older sister and the Gary Stu MC don't figure out a way to quickly search the whole school and find my little sister and rescue her. And that I don't get one shotted by my brother afterwards
>OH NO!

He's a cunt anon
>>
>>159408385
>>159408496
Oh that guy, I remembered him as some random bully
>>
File: 1454177200444.png (28KB, 138x183px) Image search: [Google]
1454177200444.png
28KB, 138x183px
>>159406170
>>
>>159402653
When that short little shit gets raped by the robot knights he so loves, I'll pick the series up.
>>
>>159402653
>I'm enjoying this as Fantasy Mecha but what even is the point for the Isekai framing? And not just in a "Isekai is an overused trash motif" but legitimately WHY in this case?
story needs a hook doesnt matter if that hook is dropped 2 episode later but it needs a hook. just look at nisekoi the whole yakuza/mafia element was immediately irrelevant.
>>
>>159402653
She has cute hair
>>
>>159402653
No one is actually watching this right? Even I, who has shit taste dragged through the dirt and beyond, dropped it. Within 5 minutes no less.
>>
>>159402653
Easier self-insert. That's all.
>>
>>159410345
>shitting on mecha and traps
begone normalfag scum
>>
>>159410345
It's not insultingly bad like Kakegurui, so it's merely passable.
>>
>>159402653
Escaflowne, 12 Kingdoms and even KonoSuba are isekai done right. All the modern trash like SAO and K&M don't use the setting well at all. It's supposed to go something like this:

>MC is thrown into an unfamiliar world. By watching him learn about the world from his experience the audience learns about it.

>MC is fairly ordinary/weak in the fantasy world so that we can see them grow and there's tension when he faces a new threat. By making the mc's op everything gets resolved easily and boringly.

alternatively

>MC has some hidden power that he discovers in the fantasy world. This gives him a purpose and makes him central to the affairs of that world.
>>
>>159411492
But this not tranfer isekai, this is reincarnation isekai. A distinction should be made between the two. Besides, SAO isn't even an isekai.
>>
>>159405080
There a shit ton of genius programmers wasting away at shit jobs.
>>
>>159404302
He's not a codemonkey, he is a code wizard. He could bring a project back from development hell with his sorcery.
>>
I wonder if the MC had a fetish for traps before he became a cute trap
>>
>>159411859
He exclusively masturbates to mechas so I doubt it.
>>
>>159411859
This >>159411904
He's a robosexual
>>
>>159411904
Doujins never.
>>
>>159406784
This series is for gunpla nerds, he spends half of LN 2 and 3 doing nothing but design and prototype robots.
>>
>Rush the anime

i never seen anyone cramp and skip over so much LN material in the first episode.

Blunder of the seasons
>>
>>159414826
They literally skipped all the worst parts.
>>
File: coolglasses.gif (1MB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
coolglasses.gif
1MB, 500x376px
>>159402653
isekai is the question and the answer
there is no need for reasons
>>
>>159406170
Is there more? Please tell me there's more
>>
>>159402653
Because he:
created advancements in the field of mecha building that didn't change for centuries. Somethings no one actually though of before when its common in mecha here in our world. It would also explain his mature nature and thinking when confronted by adults, though he still feign childishness when it suits him.
>>
>>159402653
>>159406170
>>159411859

>draws a cute girl
>calls it a boy

Defend this shit, /a/.
>>
>>159416824
I am.
>>
>>159416824
The trap element of the mc is the least offensive part of him.
>>
>>159404414
Why don't they have an "Adult in child's body" having their personality slowly influenced by the childs body?
>>
>>159404414
>Dune reference in /a/
is this real life?
>>
This anime is so fucking annoyingly trash. Capeshit tier
>>
>>159418511
Because writing a kid is really fucking hard in the first place.
>>
>mecha anime
I wish JAM Project did OP.
>>
>>159411556
Then reincarnation isekai should deal with the problems tied to reincarnation. How growing in that world shape your personality, how people react around you, how your native why of thinking clashes with this world's. Youjo Senki is a good example of that because the MC was completely extreme in his way of thinking and had an antagonist "from" his old world (Sonzai X) wich made Tanya being a reincarnation relevant.

It's si strange that the MC's parents weren't disturbed at all by their child suddenly having a complete personality change.
>>
>>159418511
How would a child's body effect an adult mind aside from frustration over being tiny?
>>
>>159402653
>what even is the point for the Isekai framing?
There are 2 times when having an isekai setting is actually excusable.

>The author wants the MC to have knowledge they normally shouldn't have
>The author wants to make the MC a genius child

Outside of those two situations it's just making it easier to self insert.
However K&M is literally both of those, so there's no reason to criticize it for being an isekai.
>>
>>159419461
They probably thought their kid was a retard.
>>
They could even like, let him be good at shit and have random flashbacks and use isekai as a twist for later. Grimgar did that and guess what's the best isekai LN out there.
But twists require some level of good writing to implement in any form.
>>
>>159402653
The most unbelievable part is
>Japanese programmer good
>>
>>159411556
Is SAO a different world?
Are you stuck and remember you world knowledge by being stuck in this new world?

If yes to both it is isekai
>>
>>159416824
If he weren't a trap I wouldn't even touch this show.
>>
>>159424154
SAO isn't a different "world".
VRMMO is a different genre from isekai.
>>
File: 1496714799551.png (1MB, 1336x1898px) Image search: [Google]
1496714799551.png
1MB, 1336x1898px
>>159402653
It's so the reader can self-insert, OP. It's the absolute bottomline to this ENTIRE genre.
>>
>>159424362
>Travel to. Different different virtual reality worlds with the knowledge of a previous world
>Not an isekai
>>
>159424527
>virtual reality world
>previous world
What
>>
>>159419461
I agree.
If we were to realistically think about reincarnated kid being born into, let's say a medieval fantasy setting, they'd probably think the child was possessed or insane.
In the best case scenario, the MC would end up being treated like an idiot savant, who is also a bit of a recluse because he doesn't really share any interests with or get along with people of his age.

Being pampered and spoiled in the modern world has led him to be completely numb to lot of the conventional extravagance of that world and the standards of living would be quite abhorrent to anyone living in modern age, seeing that even nobles piss and shit on pots.

The modern values which you have are probably going to clash a lot with the culture of the world and it would be nice to see situations where the MC's overpoweredness doesn't allow them to impose their will on the world.
>>
>>159424527
You're not traveling anywhere. Are you saying we can experience isekai RIGHT NOW with VR?
>>
>>159424452
>pic
That's kinda awful life advice but at the same time, not really. Still terrible though.
>>
>>159424622
for fuck sakes, isekai is the least important and least interesting part of these series and it's certainly not the focus of the series. It's just lazy writing. Get over it.

If you're looking for haute literature you've chosen the wrong medium.

I just want some fantasy /m/ action.
>>
>>159402653
Stop talking about the anime and talk more about those trap doujinshis this will get!
>>
>>159424944
Honestly, I'm here for the /m/ too.
>>
>>159424877
>Your concious travel to a game world is stuck their and you live in that world

It is an isekai.
>>
I dont give a fuck about people who bitch and overanalyze stuff like this.

I kinda like the fact that its Isekai because it makes it somewhat believable that the kid protagonist is exceptionally smart and competent. Nothing turns me off as much as a protagonist who is the best at everything for no other real reason except the fact that he is the protagonist.

This is fine.

Comfiest and best anime ive seen this season.
>>
i honestly dont think MC is a trap at all
>>
>>159424362
Isekai isn't even a genre
>>
>>159425944
This isn't about what you think, it's about what gets those cocks cocking.
>>
>>159426042
Really now?
>>
>>159425483
But what people dislike about isekais is exactly that, because the protagonist gets stronger for no other reason than he is the protagonist and he is the one who reincarnated and if anyone replaced him nothing would change.
At least in this case there's the mecha thing but most of them don't matter or only require the protagonist to have random real-world knowledge.
>>
Because everyone wants to be the little girl (male)
>>
>>159424527
stop being a retard you fuck ass, sao is stuck in a game setting
fucking tard
>>
>>159418511
cause no nips has touched narnie before and they can't write kids for shit
>>
I'm unsure about the boipussy
>>
>>159426116
Yeah really, it's just a premise to send someone to a different world.
>>
reminder that only plebs hate on isekaikino
>>
>>159425483
>Nothing turns me off as much as a protagonist who is the best at everything for no other real reason except the fact that he is the protagonist.

That is exactly what is happening though. What else is the reason behind him being the only person to reincarnate aside from being the protagonist? Especially into a world that is specifically tailored to let him succeed by giving him an influential family and position, magic that just so happens to work exactly like the one skill he had in the real world, and stumbling into important connections for no reason.

Fuck man, just admit you want to self- insert and be fine with it but don't try and justify how this is good writing.
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-06+at+11.58.01).png (5KB, 589x142px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-06+at+11.58.01).png
5KB, 589x142px
>>159426042
>>159426116
Depends on how you use genre. You could say its a "plot point", "premise, or even a "gimmick" instead if you wanted to.
It wouldn't be wrong, but language is best when it is based on convention. So calling it the "isekai-fantasy genre" is most correct.
>>
>>159429388
>So calling it the "isekai-fantasy genre" is most correct.
That's only because the term "fantasy", an actual genre, is stuffed in there.
Without it, "isekai genre" makes no sense on its own.
>>
>>159429826

Isekai fantasy is a genre characterized by a protagonist who has been transported to another world, involving the supernatural, magical, or divine. All isekai stories fit into this category, without it they aren't isekai. It's a genre unto itself, even if it is a subgenre.

"Metal isn't a genre." That would be equally absurd to say. Call it a fantasy subgenre, but it is clearly a genre.
>>
>>159402653
It's basically justification for the MC, and the writer by extension, to apply his favorite mecha tropes and design tendencies, and able to refer to IRL mecha series.
>>
>>159429238
>good writing
>justify
Okay, I'll try. First of all, standards are different in japanese culture for what writing should be, I don't think many on /a/ know or care about that we want the anime so if we like then it's okay is the rule I've seen observed here.
Making Eru japanese works for a couple reasons. He already knows about mechs, more than anyone else. He's been exposed to different ideas and culture, so he brings that to the table. This is repeated with the programming equals magic part, his job skill from japan is useful. The real fantasy here from a writing standpoint is that Eru gets to do what he wants to do all the time. They didn't even bother, in both the anime and the LN, to give the reader any reason that Eru is upset with his situation. He gets mechs and that's all he needs. That's the story of Knights and Magic right there, that if you just had passion like Eru for something you'd be okay and you could do anything.
So why the trap appearance then? It's all to make the reader feel like they are important. Eru meets the king, does the thing with the elves, kills countless monsters and people, all this doesn't matter because you watch him spaz over the mechs. Eru's mech passion literally overwhelms every possible part of the story, everything revolves around Eru getting the mechs and when he gets the mechs he's good.
There's an anticipation there of Eru getting the mechs, and that's why people like the story. You want to see him get the mechs, because you know he likes mechs. Replay that over and over and you have a winning formula with everyone reacting to him thinking "no, doesn't he care about anything other than mech?" The answer is fucking no.
The entire conversation with the king is the king spazzing out in his mind about how Eru has to like something other than mechs, he can't possibly care only about mechs.
Eru. Mechs. Happy end.
>>
>>159430533
Ikaruga best girl.
>>
Watching it for Megumin's VA and mechs
>>
>>159430533
I want to watch him get the mechs.
>>
>>159430533
Would the story change at all if it wasn't isekai? What would people shitpost about if it wasn't? Is there anything that benefits from him being from another world? Did the author only do it because he wanted a magic=computers gimmick and didn't know how to write a believable genius inventing a new paradigm from scratch? Is this because the author himself doesn't know much about computers, and couldn't explain how Eru comes up with something like categorizing spells as processes, programs, daemons, etc? When Eru jacks Guer, he is effectively running the mech from the "command line" instead of using the standard UI, which results in him doing things that normally wouldn't be allowed by the machine, causing things to break when he inputs some arguments. Why not explain it like this if it is how you wanted to tell it? Why not have issues with the magic like stack overflow exist somehow and have him solve these "bugs" that result from functional but bad "magic programming"? Buglike monsters exist, why not let him fight some of those and be inspired to use their forms as basis for less conventional mechs (many arms, mounted projectiles, multiple camera/panoramic cockpit)?

It's for self-insert purposes.
>>
This thread is pretentious overanalytical garbage. I hope there's a hot springs episode.
>>
>>159431103
Lucky for you, they skipped straight to that
>>
>>159431484
This.
This show is about boipucci, muh intelligence LARPers get out.
>>
>>159432577
The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.
>>
File: 1499099567101.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499099567101.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
Oniichan, wanna buy some rock cds?
>>
>>159432952
You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>159402653
The isekai is literally only there for self insert. It has nothing to do with trying to make an interesting story.
>>
>>159433028
You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies, uncalled for catchphrases, macro image replies, indecipherable text (example: "lol u tk him 2da bar|?"), anthropomorphic ("furry") or grotesque ("guro") images, post number GETs ("dubs"), or loli/shota pornography.
>>
>>159433125
Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.
>>
File: 1498574937222.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498574937222.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
>>159416824
>draws a cute boy
>calls it a girl
>>
>>159433205
You're reaching with that one.

Besides, All images and resulting discussion should pertain to anime or manga.
>>
>>159406170
Why is she have a banana under her dress?
>>
>>159433265
Nah, not really.

Anyways how badly do you want to tap the boipucci?
>>
>>159433349
Not at all, not a homosexual sorry. I want to discuss how cool the robots are and how the author could make them cooler by adding more features and details.
>>
>>159433447
The world doesn't revolve around you, hun.
>>
>>159433471
Likewise pal.
>>
>>159433471
Nor does it revolve around boipucci.
>>
File: snug.jpg (133KB, 1275x715px) Image search: [Google]
snug.jpg
133KB, 1275x715px
>watch a trap anime
>i-i-im here for the mecha i swear
>>
>>159433689
Considering the amount of mecha sperging in the novels yeah, I'm watching it for litera giant robot muscle flexing.
>>
>>159433471
>hun

You need to go back.
>>
>>159433689
>watch a magic anime
>i-i-im here for the knights i swear
>>
So can anybody tell me why nobody adopted his gun wands in the three year gap? He basically revolutionized the entire field of magic with that one invention alone and everybody still using regular sticks after the time skip.
>>
this shit sucks
>>
>>159433895
I don't know for certain, but with the mechs last being updated roughly 300 years ago might indicate a dark age of sorts with resistance to change because tradition needs to be maintained.
>>
File: 63726832_p0.jpg (822KB, 1012x1432px) Image search: [Google]
63726832_p0.jpg
822KB, 1012x1432px
>>
File: kurata.jpg (124KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
kurata.jpg
124KB, 580x435px
Why haven't you made you're own silhouette knight yet?
>>
>>159433689
he literally makes a gundam you sissy faggot
>>
>>159435391
The problem is usually power consumption.
>>
>>159430315
There's more substance to a genre/subgenre than a simple yes or no to "did protagonist get transported to another world" If you take out the first few pages of most isekai that indicate they weren't from the current world, they would instantly lack the isekai quality, and you won't be able to identify those series any differently from any other fantasy/cooking/scifi genre.
>>
>>159435610
Also there must be some sort of law against building what basically amount to a tank.
>>
I hope next week the thread isn't this cancerous. OP ruined the thread on arrival.
>>
>>159436365
Fingers crossed, anon.
>>
>>159435729
cube square law
>>
>>159431367
>Eru comes up with something like categorizing spells as processes, programs, daemons, etc?

Does Eru gets deep into programing?
>>
Anyone who read the LN?
Are the other pilots gonna play an important part in the story?
I watched this for the fantasy mecha but I found the main trio is so boring and trite I guess not even magic robots are worth suffering through it.
>>
>>159437024
Literally the only thing that matters in this are robots and excuses to have robots beat each other up, Eru literally doesn't give a flying fuck about anything or anybody else, his friends might as well be air as far as he's concerned unless they let him get access to more toys.
>>
>>159435729
As long as it doesn't have any live ammo it's fine to ride it.
>>
CUTE
>>
File: 1492218839491.png (716KB, 778x882px) Image search: [Google]
1492218839491.png
716KB, 778x882px
>>159402653
Because it allows people to self-insert more easily.

People can self-insert into some guy on Earth dying and reincarnating more than actually being a natural-born genius with talent. Nobody who watches anime has any talent. Surely you know this by now.
>>
>>159433895
He isnt famous enough. Later he is and designs other stuff that increase his nation's power and cause of that, he is allowed to meet the people who make the cores which in turns allow him to make his custom mech.
>>
>>159403661
just wait till this turns into staple mecha existentialism, why do we fight, are the cgi bugs people too, how does one pee with a schlong that's one micron in length
>>
File: 1495325135675.jpg (47KB, 441x661px) Image search: [Google]
1495325135675.jpg
47KB, 441x661px
>>159410978
>>
File: 1496122586979.png (3MB, 1072x1691px) Image search: [Google]
1496122586979.png
3MB, 1072x1691px
>>
I don't give a shit about any of this
/SS/ WHEN
>>
>>159441019
Soon, I hope.
>>
>novel translations dropped
Dammit.
>>
Just finished the first episode.

Wait, the MC isn't a girl? Now I'm gay.
>>
File: 1499036435364.jpg (250KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499036435364.jpg
250KB, 640x720px
>>159443913
>Now
>>
File: 1484118062786.jpg (256KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484118062786.jpg
256KB, 768x1024px
>>159406170
>>
don't any of you feel embarrassed for watching such blatant wish-fulfillment

The entire first episode my face was on perma-cringe
>>
>>159444542
I don't know, getting the chance to pilot giant robots as a cute boy seems less bad than pretty much every harem premise
>>
>>159426273
The game is a world in itself you faggot, they eat drink learn build and create culture. They are stuck in another world that just happens to be a video game world it is an isekai
>>
File: DEDdgeoVYAIsjRP.jpg (179KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
DEDdgeoVYAIsjRP.jpg
179KB, 1200x960px
>>
>this thread

There are what 3-4 other isekai this season and we're already at this point. I can't wait for the threads.
>>
why did the torrent for episode 1 disappear from TT
>>
>>159446732
>There are what 3-4 other isekai this season
I dont believe it
>>
>>159446732
>>159448444
holy shit, anime has hit a new high

i love getting more wet-dream animes
>>
>>159402653
If they shoehorned isekai in for the sake of sales why didn't they also make the mc a little girl? I can't think of any anime with a lead like that that sold well. But I'm sure otaku would care more if it were female.
>>
>>159446732
you're exaggerating
>>
>>159444884
Then you would have to classify all VRMMO stories as isekai, which makes no sense.
Their bodies and minds have not left earth. They are inside of a server somewhere. They aren't even really stuck in the MMO. It's just that their plot device helmets will kill them if someone takes them off and no one can find a workaround for ??? reasons.
>>
>>159448444
Isekai Smartphone, Knight's & Magic, Isekai Restaurant.

Not sure if there are any others, but it looks like we're either approaching the golden age of Isekai, or we're about to hit the peak, and it's all downhill from here.
>>
>>159448954
whats going to be the next fad?
>>
>>159448998
otome isekai

why we haven't gotten a Kenkyo adaptation yet I don't know. It's less about wish fulfillment and more about cute (the MC is a retard)
>>
Post more Eru
>>
remember when the kid was all talking about robots and the guy was like "wat"?
>>
>>159448954
>Isekai Restaurant
this sounds really interesting though, doesn't sound like a wank story.

A crapshoot off Isekai Izakaya Nobu?
>>
>>159414770
I hope there's lots of that in the anime.
If the series is mostly cgi robutts fighting cgi bugs I'll probably drop it, but I like "OP protagonist invents/discovers cool new technology/magic" shit more than I probably should.
>>
>>159448880
They are faggot the whole meme of SAO is a world seed, aka digital world being stuck in a digital world vs analogue ones is not different, aka it is an isekai same with .hack
>>
>>159449381
thats gay,
if i have to suffer gayshit I'd rather it be trap stuff.
>>
>>159449452
You mean "Ernie"
holy shit these subs are bad why would you do this to me
>>
>>159424944
It's a general issue with isekai overall though.
>>
>isekai alternate world
>SAO is created by WORLD SEED
>it is a virtual world.

stop projecting your internal conflicts of racism vs progressiveness
>>
>>159448880
If the MC acknowledges that the place s/he is in isn't in a game anymore, then it's isekai
>>
>>159448880
>It's just that their plot device helmets will kill them if someone takes them off

>So Tim I noticed in this VR helmet your team is designing, we noticed you uh built a firearm into the helmet, rigged with an electronic firing mechanism and pointed toward the user...do you care to explain to us what you are going with this?
>>
>>159406170
I recognize that bulge
>>
>>159451358
Sure, if it's not actually a virtual reality game hosted on a computer on earth somewhere.

I know at least one novel where the VR game is actually revealed to be a different world and it's actually isekai. SAO is not a case of this.
>>
>this pacing
I was expecting like a one full episode of school and shit but they are really going fast.
>>
>>159443968
/ourguy/
>>
>>159448998
Hopefully horror.
>>
>>159415656
They still kept the isekai, though.
>>
Fuck why is that dude so cute! I'm gay now
>>
>>159434590
I cant read moonrunes what is going on in this strip??
>>
File: Chamber Cuts The Angst Off.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Chamber Cuts The Angst Off.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
>>159440327
Unacceptable. The mecha won't allow it.
>>
File: mkVSCJp.jpg (347KB, 821x1195px) Image search: [Google]
mkVSCJp.jpg
347KB, 821x1195px
>>159426181
>tfw im the only one in the thread that wants to be the little girl (female)

The author should grow some balls and actually make the MC reincarnate as girl, like youjo senki, rather than the shota bait we are currently getting..
>>
>>159459607
But the shota bait is good.
>>
File: 9V4vDiA.jpg (327KB, 828x1194px) Image search: [Google]
9V4vDiA.jpg
327KB, 828x1194px
>>159459623
But it even has megumins voice actor, literally the only thing boy like about it is that it has a chest flatter than a chopping board. Its like they threatened to make the animators do a full detailed adaptation of berserk if even drew a slight masculine feature on it by accident.
>>
>>159460116
Her VA voiced a boy who was also a trap before. Lots of female seiyuu voice young guys, even Aqua seiyuu is doing that this season. Maybe it's just the author's preference. A girl mc would probably sell better but that's just what he wanted I guess.
>>
>reincernated into a robot anime world
>Guys, we don't we just make tanks?
>>
>>159460318
For the same reason they don't just use tanks in every other mech series ever?
>>
File: KIuIpTE.png (936KB, 1088x797px) Image search: [Google]
KIuIpTE.png
936KB, 1088x797px
>>159460318
>things that get you burned at the stake

the show were everything is made up and the genders don't matter
>>
>>159460542
Actually there are tanks in gundam, they are shit cause of plot reasons.

Also if u think about it a mecha would shit all over a tank, with the about of mobility it has.
>>
>>159460318
>world where two powers are fighting a several hundred years war with mechas
>guy gets reincernated to one of the side which is losing the war
>he introduces modern warfare
>they are streamrolling everything now

Why is this not a LN with anime adaptation?
>>
>>159460738
Designing tanks and other hardware would take time so the first arcs would be the other side going full Vietnam with exploiting the flaws and weaknesses of mechas.
>>
>>159460609
Balancing on two legs is really really hard.
A 'realistic' mecha would be constantly in danger of falling over, especially after a big impact from a tank shell or something.

If you had magic to make the legs work reliably then yeah it would be a lot more mobile than a traditional tank.
>>
>>159461339
You could apply that magic stuff on your tank.
>>
File: 2Q==.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
2Q==.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>159461339
Havent you even seen gundam, you use thrusters for balance and complex acrobatics maneuvers.
>>
File: 1457248995837.png (183KB, 386x406px) Image search: [Google]
1457248995837.png
183KB, 386x406px
>>159461359
To make more mobile tanks?
>>
>>159461480
even more mobile tanks.
>>
>mecha anime
>the ground battle was better directed and animated than the mecha battles
>>
>>159461598
what like omni directional hover tanks?
>>
>>159460318
Making planes would be my first thing.

You want that air superiority.
>>
>>159461766
How about spider-mech tanks? Short and low to the ground, so they can't fall over like mechs, and with the ability to freely move in 2 dimensions, possible 3, and traverse most terrains, unlike tanks?
If you already have the technology to build mechs, why not?
>>
>>159461948
Sounds good lets start a kickstarter.
>>
>>159461766
No refuelling
>>
>>159402653
Look. It's a knowledgable adult thrown into a world of children. He has so many advantages, he'll be inevitably called a genius if he uses them. And of course he uses them, because it's escapism. NEETs gobble that shit up like there's no tomorrow, the fantasy where the character is so much better than everyone without doing anything (by the virtue of reincarnation) coupled with the return to childhood age is the wettest dream imaginable for them.

Actually I wonder why do NEET like scenarios like this. I mean, the character is not going to get smarter, he's already at the peak of his intellect in the elementary school. The others are going to catch up to him and he'll seem to be nothing more than wasting his child genius potential because the world doesn't know he was never going to grow up mentally. Betraying expectations is surely a scary and extremely unwanted scenario for NEETs, so why so much love towards it? Do they want to watch the character stagnate and slowly lose his reputation?

Not like isekai novels actually portray it like that, it's usually handwaved one way or another or even not acknowledged at all. The genius somehow stays a genius or rather, the environment, once blinded with his brilliance, stays blind for eternity. This is the height of wish fulfillment, this is the modern Japanese brand of reincarnation stories, this is isekai.
>>
>>159465229
I wonder what compelled you to write all this shit on an anonymous Persian tapestry forum.

It has to be autism.
>>
>>159404163
>An adult in a child's body probably wouldn't be too thrilled about going to school or playing around with little kids unless they themselves liked kids in their past lives.
Actually imagine being reincarnated into a newborn body. Your muscles aren't there. You can't do shit. You can't stand up, you can't even sit up. You're fucking stuck there squirming for at least several months, with nothing to do but staring at the ceiling. I sure hope you get the most out of sucking your new mom's tit because that'll be the only fun thing you'll get in the next year. Or five years, if you plan to not stand out too much with your adult knowledge and/or you don't actually understand the new world's language and alphabet.
>>
>>159465313
Did I strike a nerve?

Ah no, wait, let me rephrase that just for you.

U MAD
>>
>>159465229
Because people can relate to that. Everyone at least thought once about to live the own life again.
>>
>>159460886

>Heavy Object but with more standard mecha

Sign me the fuck up.
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.