[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gunbuster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: gunbuster.jpg (197KB, 797x780px) Image search: [Google]
gunbuster.jpg
197KB, 797x780px
This wasn't that good. I see so many people talk about this as the predecessor to eva that did some things even better but it's full to the brim with inconsistencies and various clichés.
A few examples:
-Why sending teenagers in space? Logically there would be adults who are better pilots than them, having had more time with the robots
-Why does the bath need a glass ceiling(other than a "funny" gag)?
-Introduced a guy that died in the same episode with minimal characterization because mc needed some sort of trauma
-MC is shit at piloting robots and yeat she's selected for an incredibly important mission because a guy thinks she might eventually get good
-At the end Noriko and the other girl have been traveling at presumably light speed and on the earth 12.000 years passed. In the same episode noriko was on the ship for 6 months and 10 years passed on earh, so how did they not age in the gunbuster?what did they eat?I'm assuming the gunbuster was slower, being reduced to scraps
Can't remeber anything else for now, but i just don't understand how people think this is good. Even the themes have been done to death
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1916x2612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1916x2612px
It exists only for fanservice and is the trashiest anime of its era.
>>
>>159396425
>-MC is shit at piloting robots and yeat she's selected for an incredibly important mission because a guy thinks she might eventually get good
She had guts.
>>
>>159396425
Hard Work and Guts!
Everything about Gunbuster is worth it for the final episode.
>>
>>159396560
You should just ignore that point since theres no way in hell you'll ever be able to justify it. There is no logical why noriko was chosen for this. Coach didnt even have a shred of evidence that she was able to. You dont hand the most valuable weapon in humanities possession to someone who isnt very likely to make proper use of it. This wouldn't fly with any politician or military official. That part was and will always be illogical, so its best just brush it under the rug.
>>
>>159396556
Can you stop phoneposting this in every Gunbuster thread? Thank you.
>>
>>159396425
>I see so many people talk about this as the predecessor to eva
The only thing I see like this is character design. Oldfags will say Ideon, not Gunbuster.

>-Why sending teenagers in space?
What I keep questioning whenever I watch Gundam. Maybe the only justification would be that too many people have already died and due to lack of adults, now they are recruiting teenagers.

>because a guy thinks she might eventually get good
He chose her because of her father and because he believed he could make her a great pilot.

>Even the themes have been done to death
Back then, many of those themes were quite new to many people who watched it. And if they weren`t new, they were done in an interesting way.
>>
>>159397720
>character design
Except Yoshiyuki and Mikimoto have clearly defined styles.
>>
>>159397897
Well, Sadamoto, I should say, for consistency's sake.
>>
>>159397897
Oh wait, I was thinking of Nadia. My bad.
>>
>>159397720
>Maybe the only justification would be that too many people have already died and due to lack of adults, now they are recruiting teenagers.

They say in the opening intro that half the population died. So yeah. No excuses for AU Gundam though
>>
>>159396425
Eva was a deconstruction of Gunbuster
and TTGL was an apology for Eva
>>
Gunbusters final episode is a 10/10
>>
File: 1497709382282.png (1MB, 859x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1497709382282.png
1MB, 859x1055px
>>159396425
Yeah it's trash, and unoriginal trash at that.
>>
>>159400661
Hurr durr it's a Dezaki anime therefore it's kino
>>
>>159396425
>Why sending teenagers in space? Logically there would be adults who are better pilots than them, having had more time with the robots
Traditionally you send your youngest and brightest to new frontiers, not your old folks. Teenagers have served in war many times historically, I don't know why /a/ doesn't get this. Only adults being involved in war is a relatively new concept.
>>
>>159400703
Ace wo Neare is objectively a masterpiece. All of your favorite members of Gainax/Trigger agree.
>>
>>159400829
If you like Ace Wo Nerae but not Gunbuster you're just being a contrarian faggot with a need to feel superior to cover up for your own insecurities. There I said it.
>>
I did like it either.

... until I watched the last episode. It was a perfect end, nobody could do it better.

10/10, whould let Anno fuck my butthole.
>>
>>159400780
I didn't know about that, what are some examples?
That said we're talking about minors and with modern law and rights a teen going to war is incredibly unrealistic. Other than that, from a more pragmatical standpoint it'd be better to send slightly older but still young people, between 20 and 30 let's say, at least when the mission is important because as common sense dictates and as it's seen even in this when someone is going through puberty they might have emotional tantrums potentially jeopardizing whatever they're fighting for
>>
Holy shit I can just imagine OP going into Gunbuster expecting some deep and complex proto-Evangelion
>>
>>159401047
Also,a country is using teenagers for war is obviously fucked up, but the nonchalance with which that's presented in most anime makes me think the people who made them never even considered that as a thematic point
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.