[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it bother you when anime and manga characters in otherwise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Does it bother you when anime and manga characters in otherwise serious/realistic settings aren't really hindered by wounds? Like for example a character is stabbed all over their body like 15 times during a fight, and then after the fight, they're up and walking around totally fine, albeit with some bandages wrapped around their chest and arm.

I know it seems like I'm picking on jojo specifically, but it's just the first example that came to mind.
>>
Jojo is one of the few where I don't mind.
But stuff like that rarely happends.
When a characters heavily injured it shows, but only after the fight.
That's what bothers me.
A character can get shot 5 times and still win the fight.
Then he passes out.
It's cool and all but I prefer it when the injury restricts him in his action and willpower can't just make him strong enough to beat someone up even when half dead.
>>
>>159389124
>picking the one that's actually justified due to the stuff he had hidden in his hat and coat to help against the knives
>he still passed right the fuck out when he trying played possum for Dio and was only saved because of Star Platinum acting on its own
>>
Generally, no. That type of scenario is rare, and tends to only play out in shounen battle series in which the characters are superhuman.
>>
>>159389124
Oh no how dare fiction be fictional. Shock and alarm.
>>
>>159389920
Is this how you react to a simple discussion prompt? Not everything is an argument, guy. No need for hostility.
>>
How about when people FUCKING DIE but its shonen so they get their souls back and are resurrected because magic magic.
The fact their brains were rotting for hours or days doesnt matter ofc.
>>
>>159389124
no i can stand that because the adrenaline
but i get triggered when a tiny guy can beat a bigger in fight.
more if the manga/anime tries to make it realistic i can understand if its some fantasy shit but c'mon everyone knows that a size matters in realistic fights.
examples
>levi being stronger than other guys in SnK
>>
>>159390047
What about if it's not a fist fight? Do bladed weapons or guns even the odds between big and small opponents?
>>
>>159390254
If both are using the same sword, the bigger one has the advantage cause he'd probably have longer arms/better reach.
It obviously don't matter for guns.
>>
>>159389124
It annoyed me in bleach how much blood Ichigo was constantly losing.

But its worse in shows where willpower overrides anatomical restrictions like standing on broken legs and grabbing with torn hand muscles and tendons
>>
>>159389124
>>159389124
It depends on what standard the anime of manga set for itself.

From the beginning jojo guys have been superbuff and capable of surviving almost all flesh wounds so it doesn't feel incongruous or stand out or seem implausible in that universe.

But in another manga where other standards of human durability are set up it would be different.
>>
File: 203220988-w250-h285[1].jpg (13KB, 250x285px) Image search: [Google]
203220988-w250-h285[1].jpg
13KB, 250x285px
>>159389124
It never really bothered me until I fucked up my ankle and couldn't walk for 2 weeks.
>pic related
Now I always think about that time when I see a character gets shot in the leg and still runs like usain bolt.
>>
>>159389337
>It's cool and all but I prefer it when the injury restricts him in his action and willpower can't just make him strong enough to beat someone up even when half dead.

This is Josuke in the final Part 4 fight
>>
>>159390047
Dude you're lanklet faggot I bet. Until really recently I used to always compete in the upperweightclasses in boxing. BTFO'd many lanklets since they're all bone and no strength.
>>
>>159392550
You could probably keep walking on that ankle just fine until you stopped walking on it for a while. Was on a bajillion shitty, long-ass hikes with my dad growing up, and that guy could twist his ankle and keep walking for hours as long as he didn't stop walking.

Only time he had to give up walking after an injury was when he made a poorly calculated jump off a hill into a hole covered by brush and broke his... tibia or tibula, I forget which. We were really close to the car when it happened though, so maybe he felt it was okay to act like a bitch. When people know that acting like a bitch won't help they are able to suffer through even lethal injuries until they literally collapse from death.
>>
>>159390047
>that a size matters in realistic fights
It's not the be all and end all either and you know that, of all the things to get annoyed by in anime/manga fights that's a really fucking weird one.

Hell if you want to talk realistic, a kick in a nuts brings down midgets and lanklets all the same.
>>
>>159390047
>c'mon everyone knows that a size matters in realistic fights.
What? No muscle mass and training trump absolute size. All other things being equal,. yes a bigger guy will win, but rarely are all things equal.

Now, a 5'1", 100lb guy is going to have trouble no matter what, but if you're talking differences of like 15% it ain't a big deal.
>>
>>159393722
>You could probably keep walking on that ankle just fine until you stopped walking on it for a while.
Nope. It hurt like a motherfucke and instantly began to swell.
Also it was during a football match with friends, so there really wasn`t any reason to continue trying to walk.
Ironically I was the goalkeeper because I didn't want to run that day.
>>
>>159390047
>>levi being stronger than other guys in SnK

In the next anime arc, they'll hint at why Levi's so blasted strong.
>>
>>159390047
Did you never see Royce Gracie fight guys like twice his size?
>>
I am more upset when incredibly serious wounds are just sorta brushed off as "ow that hurts" or "just got a cut".
>>
>>159389337
>A character can get shot 5 times and still win the fight. Then he passes out.
It's adrenaline. Ever notice how sometimes you don't feel the pain from a wound until you've calmed down/gotten out of danger? I agree that delaying one's passing out is retarded though
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.