[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of the most shilled shows in /a/'s history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 17

File: Little_Shill_Academia.png (621KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Little_Shill_Academia.png
621KB, 540x540px
What are some of the most shilled shows in /a/'s history that were never good to begin with yet fan base just kept pushing it but in the end got what they deserved and flopped spectacularly? Bonus points if PR faggots and interns themselves came to shill the show.
>>
K-ON!
>>
Evangelion
>>
Cowboy Bebop
>>
Eromanga Sensei
>>
Non Non Biyori
>>
Flip Floppers
>>
Ran->Sem?

Although I personally love it.
>>
Anything and everything whatsoever that ever had a single fan
>>
>>159381641
hahaha, I'm really glad this flopped.
>>
>>159382317
This.
>>
>>159381641
Every anime that was remotely decent
>>
>>159381641
i'd say nyon nyon byorin but it was also AOTS at the time
>>
>>159381641
Log Horizon
>>
>>159381641
Maid Dragon
>>
Code Geass is easily /a/'s most shilled anime of all time.
>>
>>159381641
>using the word "shill" to create a veiled rec thread
I want /v/ to leave.
>>
>>159382317
I'm not, I was genuinely excited for this, but never expected to end up dropping something Trigger related because it was so fucking boring.
Seriously, what the fuck happened here?
>>
>>159384981
How much did this sell?
>>
>>159381641
I finally gave this show a shot. I've only seen about six episodes but it seems like the first 10 minutes are always boring cutsey shit and then the last 10 are a decent 7/10. It's not amazing by any stretch though.
>>
>>159381641
Your favorite show.
>>
>there are crossboarders on /a/ RIGHT NOW that think LWA wasn't good

I have yet to see a legitimate criticism leveled against the show. It's nothing but contrarians trying way too hard to fit in, so they shit on something popular.
>>
>>159387220
Wouldn't crossboarders be more likely to like LWA, it's more western than most anime.
>>
>>159389285
One visit to an LWA thread would show you how many crossboarders like it
>>
Oreimo and EMS
>>
>>159385040
Roughly as much as Maid Dragon counting only BD sales. The Netflix deal is a big mistery.
>>
>>159384981
it sucked. that simple.
>>
>>159381641
>pic unrelated
>>
File: lwa 18.jpg (162KB, 992x992px) Image search: [Google]
lwa 18.jpg
162KB, 992x992px
>>159384981

They had no idea how to consistently have good episodes so they range from godlike to very boring. In addition to that they forgot their side characters existed and went full retard with the serious plot in cour 2.
>>
>>159389285
>cute girls doing cute things
>largely SOL
>cute designs

Any /a/non would love this shit, not call it "boring".
>>
>>159389285
No. Crossboarders expect more TTGL WE WUZZING from Trigger. Worse than JoJofags, I tell you.

>>159381641
If Tattun came here to shill LWA, why did he only stay in LWA threads that were already being made when he came here? I think you should go back to /v/.
>>
>>159387220
>implying the ones who liked LWA aren't the crossboarders
Have you seen their fucking threads? You probably have, since you're one of them.
>>
>>159381641
Where to start?

>LWA
>jojo
>hxH maybe the worst one this applies to
>Gintama maybe 2nd worst
>hyouki
>tatami galaxy
>eccentric family
>Chaos Child

All i can think of for now but there's a few others that I can't seem to remember
>>
>>159390783
See >>159390670
>>
>>159390884
>every SOL CGDCT is like by /a/
Yeah right.
>>
>>159390966
Pretty much, yeah. And even the ones that have little popularity don't have anons saying something retarded like "it's boring".
>>
>>159384981
It went nowhere for the first ~9 episodes then suddenly a plot. It should either have been half as long or had twice as much character development.
>>
>>159391111
I will say though it makes me glad shows like SnW ended after 12 episodes and left me wanting more instead of dragging on for 24 episodes and making me wish it was over.
>>
>>159381974
Newfags aside I remember /a/ being gratitis shilled even before k-on released and it being every front page thread on the first episode. Awful, there was two songs counting the ED
>>
>>159391111
Probably the first legitimate criticism of LWA that I have ever seen.
>>
>>159391344
There's at least one other anon in this thread complaining that they abandoned their side characters halfway through and for my money that's also a fair complaint. Hell you could even go into how derivative it is of shit like Harry Potter (hardly a good thing to rip-off though it itself is arguably based heavily on a book and tv series about witches in a British boarding school...).
>>
File: soranowoto69.jpg (227KB, 420x600px) Image search: [Google]
soranowoto69.jpg
227KB, 420x600px
>>159391453
>>159391344
For anyone wondering the book series is called 'The Worst Witch'. Harry Potter is a mixture of the characters from that and a bunch of misunderstood folklore and myths/legends packaged up into babby's first mystery book. Anyway, that isn't anime so I won't go into it any further. Have a picture of a better moeshit show instead.
>>
>>159391344

You should've read the 24/7 LWA threads, they weren't some brainless Trigger circlejerk during the final episodes, by that time everyone could clearly see the very noticeable issues within the show, no matter how much they enjoyed it.
>>
File: 1483950157711.jpg (100KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1483950157711.jpg
100KB, 500x669px
>>159381641
I'd say Steins;Gate, but that didn't flop. It was still horrible.
>El Psi Congro
>Dr Pepper
>Tutturu
>Muh Trap
>>
>>159391111
The problem is that they didn't decide which way they would go: SoL or plot. The mixed both in a very bad way and ended up like a complete mess. They tried to make character development and it went nowhere. They tried showing side character and then they throwed them aside.
>>
>>159391453
I must have missed that one. I actually didn't mind that since most of the side characters were shit anyways. I liked the show, but it would have been leagues better without Andrew, Andrews friend, the fat cunt, mechanic girl, or the dyke. It seems like they realized that a bit late. The Harry Potter bit is a matter of taste, as I liked that a lot and it was a lot of the appeal for me.

>>159391569
I couldn't stand SNW, especially that God awful fucking ending. I wish I could sue for my time back.
>>
>>159391574
I tend to avoid threads that are up constantly since thy are almost always complete shit. But I have seen a couple of valid criticisms here beyond the stupid "it's boring" that I'd only ever seen previously.
>>
>>159391652
>The problem is that they didn't decide which way they would go: SoL or plot. The mixed both in a very bad way and ended up like a complete mess. They tried to make character development and it went nowhere. They tried showing side character and then they throwed them aside.
I'd agree, though I think even if they had focussed fully on SoL it wouldn't have worked because there just wasn't enough originality in either the characters or the premise to carry 25 episodes of that type of show. Plot was the way to go if they aren't slashing the length of the series in half.
>>
>>159391577
Flawfinder, is that you?
>>
>>159391678
>I must have missed that one. I actually didn't mind that since most of the side characters were shit anyways. I liked the show, but it would have been leagues better without Andrew, Andrews friend, the fat cunt, mechanic girl, or the dyke. It seems like they realized that a bit late
Again symptomatic of bloat and a confused direction. I'd put my money on the success of the original two OVAs/movies/whatever they were resulting in a 'we can do no wrong' approach that led to nobody demanding ideas be cut. It's a common theme, to once again look at Harry Potter each book got longer (and more full of filler) as less editorial oversight was deemed necessary due to previous successes.
>>
>>159391344
There was constant crticism of the show. There were even whole threads dedicated to it that run parallel to the "real" LWA threads.
>>
>>159391678
>I couldn't stand SNW, especially that God awful fucking ending. I wish I could sue for my time back.
Have you no heart anon? Really though fair enough, SnW isn't exactly for everyone (I have a running theory that it speaks more to depressed anons for a variety of reasons). I will point out that the ending isn't THAT far outside of the realm of possibility though, let me go dig up a youtube video to illustrate that.
>>
>>159391848
>There was constant crticism of the show.
And it was mostly ignored or called bait by the usual posters, because, obviously, it had become a general, and it's still one.
>>
>>159391837
That's probably pretty likely, and I agree with your analysis here. It seems to me that Trigger excels in shorts and films, but can't handle a full show to save their lives.

>>159391848
As I'd said before, I'd never seen any "criticism" beyond "its boring" or Trigger bashing. But that is also partially my fault since I avoided LWA threads since they became seasonal generals.
>>
>>159381641
LWA was highly dividing to /a/, but it wasn't in any way bad, at least as far as my opinion goes.
>>
>>159390761
Most of the time Tattun posted was just to talk about what games he was playing at the moment.
>>
File: soranowoto29.jpg (89KB, 660x711px) Image search: [Google]
soranowoto29.jpg
89KB, 660x711px
>>159391908
>>159391678
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQzRxGuBn0k
Also see: WW1's Christmas truce(s). Though the point really is that in any war the average low level fucks don't want to die OR to kill. I even let the use of a song as generic as Amazing Grace slide since it's genericness explained how it could both cross cultural borders and survive the apocalypse (also the lyrics fit the theme of the show rather well).

I could also go on at essay length about how the characters are from the very first episode established as more than moeblobs (you'll notice this on a rewatch if you're careful) but that'd be rather off-topic and I doubt I'm going to convince you either way. Have a picture of worst girl instead.
>>
Kemono Friends
>>
>>159391986
>That's probably pretty likely, and I agree with your analysis here. It seems to me that Trigger excels in shorts and films, but can't handle a full show to save their lives.
For what it's worth I'd still give the show 6/10 (roughly on par with something like K-On! in my book), it could just have reached out to 7 or even 8/10 without too much more effort.
>>
>>159391577
lolwut
>>
>>159381641
Explain to me why a Japanese company would pay people on an American anime imageboard to advertising their show.
>>
>>159381641
>shill shill shill
>>>/v/
>>
>>159392174
Not the OP but one of the production staff did show up on /a/ to talk about the show and it was definitely produced with an eye to how it'd sell in the west (hell there's literally a picture of /a/ with the janitor message in it in the last episode). Now it's up to you if you call that shilling (personally I'd say it was more a genuine attempt to reach out to anons with equally shitty taste as the people making the show) but it's fact.
>>
>>159391908
I could stand stand the unlikely premise (by the shows own lore) of mostly teen girls being put in some backwater outpost. I could tolerate them doing absolutely nothing of import beyond boring ass SOL shit, squandering the interesting world and setting that it took place in. I could even tolerate that the only interesting pieces were the commanders PTSD flashbacks of actual war. I could stand the largely generic characters. What I couldn't stand was the ending of a bunch of cunts stopping war with the power of love and music. It made me gag, and made absolutely no sense in the context of the setting that had been created. It was forced in so that they could keep their CGDCT pure and unblemished, and utterly ruined what little enjoyment they'd managed to create before. It's the worst pile of steaming garbage and squandered potential I've ever had the misfortune of seeing.

>>159392059
There's a big ass difference between a truce based off of one of the most valued holidays shared between two culturally similar antagonists, and stopping an imminent battle with the power of love and music. It's like if the Battle of the Bulge was prevented because some kid picked up a violin and started shredding. Sorry, but it doesn't make any sense in the context of the show. It was an asspull from hell in an already bad show.
>>
>>159392116
I'd say 7/10 for me. Personally I think any anon thag says the show is actually bad either hasn't watched it or is memeing. Or is only into manime and takes offense at female casts.
>>
>>159392263
Of course I fucking know about Tattun. He wasn't paid when he went on here though, as far as I know (I was in threads with him) he just came here of his own volition.
>>
>>159391986
But it was boring, or at least too many episodes were, and it boggles the mind why that is. It should be pretty easy to make a show about Witches with an excelent cast exciting.

Even the last episode that got praised so much is really boring when you look at it at second glance. Many dull scenes with too much exposition, like all the war room scenes.
>>
>>159382317
Nah, they have Netflix bucks.
>>
>>159391848
>>159391933
There was criticism in the threads too, but it was when it started naturally (when all other discussion had died down or after a truly awful episode like 9 or 16) and not by some dedicated shitposter posting obvious bait.
>>159391933
This is true though.
>>
>>159392292
I don't remember too much, but I think that song Kanata played was meaningful for both sides from way back with the fight agains the alien demons. Somehow it made everyone remember the time when they fought together.
>>
>>159392426
Nice meme.
>>
>>159392292
>I could stand stand the unlikely premise (by the shows own lore) of mostly teen girls being put in some backwater outpost.
I mean it's unbelievable such a society would use female soldiers at all but I will point out there are no front-line female soldiers anywhere and it is stated their primary mission is one of maintaining/improving relations with the locals (who, among other things, have significant religious differences from the rest of the state of Helvetia) rather than military defence. There's a little more thought put into it than just an excuse for cute girls in German uniforms.
>I could tolerate them doing absolutely nothing of import beyond boring ass SOL shit,
There's plenty of subtle character development and character explanation (that is explaining their existing personalities rather than their developing new traits) in the SoL.
>squandering the interesting world and setting that it took place in
The vast, vast majority of the information about that world and setting is given subtly in the background of the SoL episodes though. SnW is very much show over tell.
>There's a big ass difference between a truce based off of one of the most valued holidays shared between two culturally similar antagonists, and stopping an imminent battle with the power of love and music. It's like if the Battle of the Bulge was prevented because some kid picked up a violin and started shredding. Sorry, but it doesn't make any sense in the context of the show. It was an asspull from hell in an already bad show.
>What I couldn't stand was the ending of a bunch of cunts stopping war with the power of love and music.
Strictly speaking they only delayed the battle by a minute or so with 'love and music', the impending battle was stopped by Rio marrying the leader of the opposing state. It was made quite clear in previous episodes that a political marriage was necessary between the two to prevent another conflict as had taken place ~3 years previously.
1/2
>>
>>159392381
Have you ever enjoyed plot less SOL, schoolshit, or haremshit? If yes, then you can't claim anything being boring to be a negative.

That being said, I kind of agree since I haven't even got around to watching the last episode yet. Cute girls and yay can only interest me so much.
>>
File: soranowotovalentines.jpg (428KB, 1029x1494px) Image search: [Google]
soranowotovalentines.jpg
428KB, 1029x1494px
>>159392646
>>159392292
>It was forced in so that they could keep their CGDCT pure and unblemished, and utterly ruined what little enjoyment they'd managed to create before.
The ending was 100% in-keeping with the themes of the show (things like sacrifice, redemption, running away etc etc, note that Rio has to man up and make a sacrifice to prevent the battle), it was not forced in. If anything a horrific battle for the sake of grimdark would have been more forced.

>There's a big ass difference between a truce based off of one of the most valued holidays shared between two culturally similar antagonists
>Sorry, but it doesn't make any sense in the context of the show. It was an asspull from hell in an already bad show.
It's mentioned repeatedly in the build-up to the final episode that despite their differing nations they DO share a cultural knowledge of (at least) that specific song, I mean fuck me Kanata says that almost word for word. They also appear to have knowledge of the same legends albeit in slightly modified form. To claim it is an asspull is a gross exaggeration. I also disagree that the difference between the Helvetians and Germans is larger than that between the British and Germans of WW1. Also, again, the music did not stop the battle it only delayed it by ~60 seconds.
>I could stand the largely generic characters.
Debatable, while they fall into the standard five archetypes the show lays out from the first episode the reasons those characters developed such personalities. Things like Rio's dislike of superstition and abject panic at Kanata showing signs of a cold in episode 1 are signs of an actually thought out character as opposed to a one-note moeblob. The exception to that is probably Noel who IS a pretty shallow character (not AS shallow as your standard sleepy-genius type). Unsurprisingly Noel is also far and away the most popular girl from SnW on /a/ on the rare occasion discussion of it shows up.
2/2

I didn't want to go off-topic anon.
>>
>>159392694
I have. And I wouldn't have had a problem if LWA had stayed episodical without an overarching plot. But even the stand alone stuff was a mixed bag.

They just didn't have a clue what to do with the show, which is a shame because they had so much time to plan this out.
>>
>>159392332
>I'd say 7/10 for me. Personally I think any anon thag says the show is actually bad either hasn't watched it or is memeing. Or is only into manime and takes offense at female casts.
7/10 in my book contains shows like Black Lagoon or Spice and Wolf. If LWA had had a consistent focus it might have gotten there but it did not.
>>159392346
I'm just saying that in SOME anon's books that counts as shilling.
>>
File: soranowoto61.jpg (455KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
soranowoto61.jpg
455KB, 1280x853px
>>159393073
That wasn't the right image. Anyway:
I'd also go into detail about attention to detail in terms of setting it authentically in Cuenca but again, derailing. I'm happy for you to dislike SnW but one of the few things I don't think you can lay into it for are inconsistent writing or random ass-pulls, pretty much everything is laid out in advance even if you won't see that until your second or even third rewatch.
>>
>>159390855
Many of the ones you listed didn't flop at all, though.
>>
>>159393155
>Black Lagoon and Spice and Wold are only sevens

Damn, what are your 8s and 9s then?
>>
>>159392694
>Have you ever enjoyed plot less SOL, schoolshit, or haremshit? If yes, then you can't claim anything being boring to be a negative.
Not him but you can still having boring plotless shows and non-boring plotless shows. The non-plot parts of LWA mostly fall into the former category rather than the latter.
>>
>>159392646
>>159393073
>>159393265
You make decent points, but I think the only way I could possibly check if I agree or not would be to rewatch the show, and I'd rather pull out a fingernail with some pliers than do that. At the very least, you have helped me understand how people can enjoy a show that I despise so deeply, so I do thank you for that. I'll try to keep my enraged hatred for the show quieter in the future out of consideration.

Also that last image is comfy as fuck, thanks.
>>
File: soranowoto59.gif (2MB, 350x244px) Image search: [Google]
soranowoto59.gif
2MB, 350x244px
>>159393458
I'm going to mention before this that 7/10 is a very solid score in my book and that I'm actually pretty pleb-tier when it comes to anime, I've only gotten into watching stuff beyond what I've been recommended by friends (and /k/) recently (I've only been lurking /a/ for ~2 years, posting only for a month or two though I've been around for many years on other boards). As a second note there's a fair few shows that are likely candidates for this but I haven't finished them yet (Kino no Tabi, you'll note a theme developing in the type of shows I like) and I won't rate something I haven't finished unless I'm going to drop it (looking at you, Hetalia Axis Powers). Some are also likely to get 'promoted' on a rewatch. Now, desperate attempts to head off being called a shit taste faggot crossboarder aside here's some examples with fairly well-known shit:
>8
Cowboy Bebop Film (the show doesn't work quite as well in the longer format).
Sabagebu! (if you haven't seen it it's much better than it looks, I haven't laughed so hard in years).
S1 of Gunslinger Girl (have been considering dropping this to a 7 recently).
>9
Haibane Renmei (would have gotten a 10 if it didn't rely so hard on 'dramatic run away and cry' in the middle section).
Mousou Dairinin/Shounen Bat (considering upping it to a 10 contingent on a rewatch, no show gets a 10 until I've seen it twice).
Sora no Woto (yes, I'm that other faggot in this thread).
>>159393559
Don't worry anon, I enjoy people challenging my opinions. For what it's worth I don't think many people on /a/ that like SnW actually like it for the 'right' reasons or, at best, are bad at actually explaining why they DO like it.
>Also that last image is comfy as fuck, thanks.
If you weren't aware the town in SnW is a real place in Spain called Cuenca. If you google 'Sora no Woto real life' you can find a bunch of comparison shots and I know a few anons have been there off the back of the show. It's on my list (so is Chernobyl).
>>
File: 1498009331968.jpg (84KB, 1010x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498009331968.jpg
84KB, 1010x1024px
>>159394118
>tfw I've been talking to the same anon this whole thread

Aside from SNW you have some damned good tastes, in anime, boards, and travel destinations. You're a crossboarding shit taste faggot, but in the best possible ways. Also I had no idea SNW's town was based off of a real one, I just thought they had a really good sense of architecture and planning in the show.
>>
>>159393458
Also, if you're interested, what kept Black Lagoon from being an 8 was the 'no stakes' combat scenes where 90% of the time the protagonists just do anime-tier flips and avoid gunfire. It's cool the first few times but after a while it's just watching an overpowered character shoot more faceless mooks without any risk.
Spice and Wolf would have gotten an 8 with less wolf and more economics though I'll grant I'm probably the only anon in history to complain about that.
>>
>>159394584
I can see why that would be annoying, but I think it fits the spirit of the series since it's supposed to be in the spirit of over the top 80s action movies. Since I viewed it from that light and am a fan of bad and over the top action movies, that was actually a big plus for me. Every episode I'd end up with a big grin watching the over the top bullshit play out on screen, it was great. You probably are the only anon to want more medieval economics in lieu of Holo, but I've realized you have unique tastes so that seems fitting.
>>
Lucky Star
TTGL
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Yuyushiki
Kemono Friends
>>
>>159384981
I watch 3 minutes of this shit anime and I was done. Why did people fund this shit ?
>>
>>159394806
Kemono Friends sell really will I herd.
>>
File: 1498679470526.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498679470526.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
>>159382317
>>159394941

You should drop your life just like you dropped AOTY
>>
>>159394561
>tfw I've been talking to the same anon this whole thread
Unsurprising really, I split the two threads of conversation up for the sake of keeping things clean and not hitting the character limit too often. Solutions like per-thread IDs have their own pitfalls in comparison to pure anonymity.
>Aside from SNW you have some damned good tastes, in anime, boards, and travel destinations. You're a crossboarding shit taste faggot, but in the best possible way
I was expecting more namecalling, that's a bit upsetting really.
>Also I had no idea SNW's town was based off of a real one, I just thought they had a really good sense of architecture and planning in the show.
Not only that but Helvetia is an old-timey name for Switzerland (I assume you noticed all the text was in French as canonically they're speaking and writing French) rather than Japanese. There's a ton of little touches like that that'd take me hours to go into, have you looked up the speculah on the wikia? It'll cover a lot of this stuff though there's much more I've noted that's missing from them. They should all be here since this faggot cleaned them up: https://infinitemirai.wordpress.com/2013/10/06/the-meaning-of-speculah-in-sora-no-woto/
>>159394706
>I can see why that would be annoying, but I think it fits the spirit of the series since it's supposed to be in the spirit of over the top 80s action movies.
Well it worked for the first 12 or so episodes but sometimes the over the top just got silly. I'm not a fan of the twins arc and that pulled things down a bit.
>Since I viewed it from that light and am a fan of bad and over the top action movies, that was actually a big plus for me. Every episode I'd end up with a big grin watching the over the top bullshit play out on screen, it was great.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the fuck out of watching the show I just don't think it's more than 7/10 (nor does it WANT to be more than a 7/10, the show does exactly what it sets out to do).
>>
>>159381641
My dick in the sewer no jutsu
>>
>>159381641
Code Gayass
>>
>>159394941
nobody except netflix funded the tv series you dork
>>
>>159396857
This. I remember distinctly how shitty /a/ was during its airing.
>>
>>159394118
>Haibane Renmei (would have gotten a 10 if it didn't rely so hard on 'dramatic run away and cry' in the middle section).

They only did it twice, the first time was understandable since she got annoyed by a human who tried to touch her wings. The 2nd one was when she tried to talk to Reki but couldn't.

Both times show that she can't or is scare of facing reality and tries to escape from it, in a literal sense. Their inclusion was justified, probably one of the stupidest reasons not to give a show a 10 in my opinion, but whatever.
>>
>Bonus points if PR faggots and interns themselves came to shill the show.

So you mean Tattun? The only other person that visited to shill their work was Mamare and he's the owner of the IP.
>>
>>159389285
most crossboarder types tend to like "HOYP" stuff that is like eye candy and makes them feel some kind of adrenaline rush or some shit when they watch it--in other words, they tend to have ADHD
people native to this board generally like loli and happy^_^comfy^_^moe^_^cutegirls^_^doing^_^_^_^_^cutethings and fan service scenes and post screenshots of lewd shots and go "AOTYAY"
true manly adonis geniuses like myself who fit in neither of the above categories were a little disturbed by the pacing and writing of the show that it does get distracting and iffy and see the errors that mar the show a bit and keep it from being as good as it could have been had they taken more care with the product
>>
>>159381641
LWA
KLK
>>
>>159397193
>They only did it twice, the first time was understandable since she got annoyed by a human who tried to touch her wings. The 2nd one was when she tried to talk to Reki but couldn't.
Was it only two? I have to admit it hasn't passed into my rewatch schedule yet so perhaps I'm being unfair, maybe it'll bump up to a 10 (even with my current concerns the amazing soundtrack is already making me question my choice, notably all of my favourite shows have a top-tier OST). I will say I'm also counting every time she says 'Kuu' sadly and cries etc, it certainly felt overdone to me. In fact that entire mini-arc (Kuu disappearing and the shit afterwards) dragged on an episode (maybe half an episode) too long for my tastes though it was of course essential to the plot. I know it seems petty but it really brought things down a bit for me.

Also, again noting I haven't rewatched the show, wasn't her talking to Reki before the incident in the shop? My grasp of the series' timeline isn't perfect but I believe she had wing covers in the shop so it must come afterwards.
>>
Konosuba by far
>>
>>159397675
>bait by far
>>
>>159397537
>>159397193
In other words 'dramatic run away and cry' was a bit of a simplification of my complaint but that post was already getting dangerously autistic (and running up against the word count). When I rewatch I'm going to count the number of times she says 'Kuu' sadly and if it's excessive I stand buy what I claimed. If not I'll concede I've been unfair, Haibane Renmei was a hell of a ride and giving it a 10 wouldn't exactly upset me but there's a niggling feeling that something wasn't quite right about those middle episodes (in comparison to the rest of the show, of course, they're still great) and I'd rather like to put my finger on it.

Again I'm always happy for anons to call me out on my shit so if you've got more complaints/disagree with that explanation please tell me.
>>
>>159397861
$1 has been added to your account
>>
>>159397537
I mean, for Kuu she wasn't running "away". And Rakka's Arc feels overdone if you take it at face value, the whole Arc is more complicated than "my friend is gone and i'm sad", it's the actualization of the questions asked in the first part filtered through Rakka's flawed personality.

She talked to Reki before the shop accident, yes, before she runs away for the first time. But Rakka running away a 2nd time was towards the end (when Reki bought peaches for Nemu).

And apart from those I can't remember any more "running away" scenes. It ends up becoming Rakka running towards those in help in the end.
>>
Evangelion
Legend of galactic heroes
>>
>>159397889
Haibane Renmei is a constant battle between selfishness and selflessness, Rakka's Arc is an internalized illustration of that.

I think your complaint comes from not fully understanding Rakka's situation and reaction, the show gives you visual hints (in episode 7, in particular) like Rakka pushing away her own frog and her stained seifuku symbolizing her loss of innocence. Her wings darkening means she followed the same patterned that caused her to land in Glie in the first place (just like Reki's wings).
>>
>>159398010
>I mean, for Kuu she wasn't running "away".
I did admit to oversimplifying it anon, my bad not yours.
>And Rakka's Arc feels overdone if you take it at face value, the whole Arc is more complicated than "my friend is gone and i'm sad", it's the actualization of the questions asked in the first part filtered through Rakka's flawed personality.
I am aware, I just think they laid on the sadness a bit too thick with more or less repeated (i.e. unnecessary) scenes from a storytelling PoV. Again I'll concede that there's quite possibly more going on in a subtle manner so that the scenes actually ARE different (and thus necessary) and if so that'll become clear on a rewatch (I did say earlier I don't give 10s until I've seen a show at least twice). I'm not going to be a hypocrite and claim SnW shows more depth on a rewatch and then refuse to believe it possible Haibane Renmei does not.
>She talked to Reki before the shop accident, yes, before she runs away for the first time. But Rakka running away a 2nd time was towards the end (when Reki bought peaches for Nemu).
My bad, clearly need to rewatch it.
>And apart from those I can't remember any more "running away" scenes. It ends up becoming Rakka running towards those in help in the end.
I have no complaints about the ending. in fact it's much the opposite, I have nothing but praise for one of the best endings of any anime I've watched.
>>159398184
>I think your complaint comes from not fully understanding Rakka's situation and reaction, the show gives you visual hints (in episode 7, in particular) like Rakka pushing away her own frog and her stained seifuku symbolizing her loss of innocence. Her wings darkening means she followed the same patterned that caused her to land in Glie in the first place (just like Reki's wings).
I don't doubt I've missed some of the symbolism on my first time through.
>>
File: soranowoto32.png (776KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
soranowoto32.png
776KB, 2560x1600px
>>159398010
>>159398184
>>159398333
In fact I'll push it up in my rewatch schedule (hopefully in the next month or two). If I am indeed mistaken as seems reasonably likely I'll post about it in an appropriate thread and admit to being unfair (and if I still think I'm right I'll try and get some anons to call me a dumb faggot who didn't get it so it's win-win). If not then feel free to call me out and ask if you spot me in such a thread, I suspect my posting style/autistic opinions will be easily noticed.

If there's anything else I should pay attention to on a rewatch do tell though if you can try to point me in the right direction without fully spoon-feeding me the symbolism (I'd like a shot at working it out for myself and all so rough scenes, arcs or episodes will be good enough).
>>
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:creators
flip floppers
little shill academia
cross shitge
valvshit
>>
>>159398333
>and then refuse to believe it possible Haibane Renmei does not.
That should be 'refuse to believe it possible Haibane Renmei does also', of course.
>>
>>159395197
Thread IDs are a touchy subject, I've only ever used them one.

Nah, no namecalling, you're a cool dude who happens to like a show I hate. I actually did notice all the French stuff in the show; I may not have made it clear, but a big part of why I hate the show so much is because I think it squandered an incredible setting that clearly had a ton of love and effort put into it. So much wonderful potential wasted in my eyes, it's enough to make me weep. I'll check out that link later, thanks man.

Those are valid criticisms of Black Lagoon without a doubt. I will admit that my rating isn't objective, and I probably fluffed it a bit because I enjoyed it so much. I didn't mind the Twin arc much, I actually liked it. I hated Roberta's Blood Trail though. What a waste of fucking time on a character I didn't give a shit about, but the action was fun so I tolerated it.
>>
>>159390277
you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about retard
>>
>>159398585
Oh man, I forgot about Valvrape. I dropped it about halfway through, how much worse did it get?
>>
>>159384981
you're autistic is what happened
>>
>>159397268
>people native to this board generally like loli and happy^_^comfy^_^moe^_^cutegirls^_^doing^_^_^_^_^cutethings and fan service scenes and post screenshots of lewd shots and go "AOTYAY"
Lurk for 2 years before posting. This isn't gaia.
>>
>>159398530
It will come naturally, the first part of the anime is full of foreshadowing and is used to establish personalities and present the symbolism (you'll notice that the same symbolism can be present several times in different areas).

Just pay more attention to Kuu, she lacks screen time but her character is nourished with indirect characterization, implied character interactions and symbolism.
>>
>>159398783
too busy having my big black cock lurk in your mom's vagina
>>
>>159398619
>Thread IDs are a touchy subject, I've only ever used them one.
To be clear I wasn't talking about name/tripfaggotry but rather a temporary ID assigned automatically to each poster for the duration only of that thread. They're fairly popular on certain other imageboards and while they do help keep discussions with multiple participants clear they also lead to shitposting based on post count (disregarding anons with very many or very few posts in that thread, for example).
>I actually did notice all the French stuff in the show
Fair enough.
> I may not have made it clear, but a big part of why I hate the show so much is because I think it squandered an incredible setting that clearly had a ton of love and effort put into it. So much wonderful potential wasted in my eyes, it's enough to make me weep.
Nah I got that from your post, I just think that A lot of what SnW did well was not over-exploring its setting. I don't even want a S2 though an OVA or two more wouldn't go amiss.
>
Those are valid criticisms of Black Lagoon without a doubt. I will admit that my rating isn't objective, and I probably fluffed it a bit because I enjoyed it so much. I didn't mind the Twin arc much, I actually liked it.
To be fair the first season (strictly speaking the first half of the show since it's really best treated as a unified whole) was hovering on an 8 for me so it's not like I think you're talking out your arse. Now if you'd claimed Haifuri was 9/10 or Upotte! (anime, not manga) was anything other than shit that'd be truly objectionable.
>I hated Roberta's Blood Trail though. What a waste of fucking time on a character I didn't give a shit about, but the action was fun so I tolerated it.
Well that I can agree on though hated might be a bit too far for me (I'd still give it 6/10). Apparently that arc was much better in the manga.
>>
>>159398886
fuck off back to whatever website you came from
>>
File: soranowoto36.jpg (694KB, 2700x1600px) Image search: [Google]
soranowoto36.jpg
694KB, 2700x1600px
>>159398851
Well I'll have a watch soon enough and see what falls out. For what it's worth you're probably right but I'm obviously going to want to confirm it for myself. The temptation was to rewatch it right off the back of finishing but I find that you need a few months to cool down to really appreciate a show again or it's too much like hard work trying to tease shit out instead of sitting back and enjoying the experience.
>>
>>159399010
ok
doot dee doot dee doo damn, that was a long walk back to 4chan
>>
>>159398619
Oh and in all those walls of text I somehow forgot to mention a fairly significant chunk of the reason I (and I suspect many other anons) love SnW is the OST. I mean I'd assume that was a given but still. Whilst I have no interest in talking to the French (or worse Belgians or fucking French Canadians) it'd be nice to be able to understand Servante de Feu in its proper language.
>>
>>159398720
It became edgy in addition to retarded. Take a guess.
>>
>>159382160
the so-called "man's thinking anime", soooo deep.
>>
>>159399779
Good. I'm always looking for fucking trash to watch.
>>
>>159381974
It did'nt flop
>>
>>159390670
I agree, just turn your brain off and enjoy it, haha
>>
File: 1472947517162.jpg (2MB, 1980x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1472947517162.jpg
2MB, 1980x2500px
I've never met an /a/non who loved either Sora no Woto or Haibane Renmei and didn't also love the other, myself included.
>>
File: watch_shit.jpg (808KB, 1233x2126px) Image search: [Google]
watch_shit.jpg
808KB, 1233x2126px
>>159402608
Come to think of it I haven't either. Have you seen the rest of the /abe/ chart? They all scratch the same itch.
>>
>>159403222
4 of those are in my top 10 (SEL, SNW, Haibane, Eve no Jikan), and 8 more are pretty high up there. I haven't seen Texhnolyze, NieA_7, Jigoku Shoujo, Ghost Hound, Boogiepop, Natsume Yuujinchou, Ergo Proxy, or Shigofumi, but they're all on the backlog.
>>
>>159384981
>Tattun visits /a/
>Gets loads of ideas
>Fucks up, because (guess what) those ideas were shit
>/a/ fucks up again

The worst thing is, /a/'s the only good Western anime forum/image board out there.

They should have hired a Brit to write the story too. Sure, it's more expensive, but at least you're guaranteed quality unlike with a Jap or American.

>inb4 Harry Potter was made by a Brit and it's shit
It's better than any of the shit Americans have produced. Mark Twain and Steinbeck were god-awful authors, who's literary technique consisted of writing nigger as much as possible, and giving a historical recount, without much history within.
That, and the show was based of the book(s), so the proof is within the contradiction made.
>>
>>159391111
The big problem is that they didn't drop B-team.
What happened as a result of keeping B-team around was too little time for character development of Diana and Akko, and too much time spending frolicking with nothing.

A minor complaint of mine was the plot was fucking shit. At points it tried to be epic, with the whole nuke fiasco, yet it's whole premise was about a fucking magic show. I understand that it's supposed to be a child's show, hence why the complaint is minor, but I would have liked at least an blatantly agreed direction of the show: either it's an epic action or it's some gay Japanese 'fun is magic' shit like usual.
>>
>>159392381
The second half didn't even have to do anything with magic, it was just robots 3d is bad shit also another trigger anime that ends in space do you really expect a show about witches and magic crap to end in space?
>>
>>159398735
The autist would be you, stay in your fucking cancerous general
>>
File: characterization.jpg (204KB, 1286x286px) Image search: [Google]
characterization.jpg
204KB, 1286x286px
>>159395146
Kill yourself, you stupid fanboy.
There are plenty of criticisms to be made about LWA. It missed so much potential.
>>
File: Orange-kun.jpg (53KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
Orange-kun.jpg
53KB, 728x546px
>>159384779
You don't understand, man, it's like fucking oranges, you know? Orangeception.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>159392552
dutygenerate senpai
>>
File: M57jx.gif (626KB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
M57jx.gif
626KB, 480x287px
>>159405994
>a good character it's defined by it's motives
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.