[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the FUCK was her problem? Everything was settled perfectly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 47

What the FUCK was her problem? Everything was settled perfectly in the anime, and she had to go and literally ruin everything for everyone.

I wish I hadn't watched Rebellion.
>>
Rebellion is a self contained side story that takes place in it's own timeline.

That is the justification I gave myself. Really I loved the movie, but it takes all closure the show had and flushes it into the sewer
>>
File: 1dd.png (423KB, 600x573px) Image search: [Google]
1dd.png
423KB, 600x573px
>>159379911
It was a good ending, Homura got her waifu.
>>
>>159379911
homurafags either deny this movies existance or fully embrace that their waifu is literally satan.
>>
File: 1466632582514.jpg (32KB, 233x316px) Image search: [Google]
1466632582514.jpg
32KB, 233x316px
>>159379911
>>159380032
>Everything was settled perfectly in the anime
>but it takes all closure the show had and flushes it into the sewer
Did we even watch the same series?
Madoka just saved girls from becoming witches.
The underlying problem of entropy was still there.
Arguably she made the problem worse because she eliminated the most effective form to combat it.
Madoka literally condems te whole universe to a slow and painful heat death because of muh suffering.
Thanks Homura for fixing thi shit mess Madoka made.
>>
>>159380453
Madoka removed any actual downside to becoming a magical girl aside from the known dangers of fighting. She wasn't trying to remove entropy all together, just the suffering that came with being a magical girl
>>
File: aVgoMk5L_700w_0.jpg (28KB, 388x280px) Image search: [Google]
aVgoMk5L_700w_0.jpg
28KB, 388x280px
Good Movie Homura did everything right
>>
>>159379911
>Everything was settled perfectly in the anime, and she had to go and literally ruin everything for everyone.
>Madoka lives with family
>Sayaka gets to be cucked again
>Mami has a loli
>Kyouko gets to be with the cuck
>Homu sleeps on a hill alone, but it doesnt matter because Madoka's back and literally no one believes she wont forgive her
>Sequel is in development hell because it's going to be way to predictable

Fuck off.
>>
>>159380522
That's exacly the problem, anon.
>>
>>159380453

Except the Kyuubeys say that defeating wraiths still helps reverse entropy, right? Just to a much lesser degree than witches did.

That's why the Kyuubey's were still even there, after all, if killing Wraiths held no benefits, the Kyuubey's wouldn't bother with the whole magical girl shtick.
>>
File: 1424673419683.jpg (23KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1424673419683.jpg
23KB, 500x380px
>>159379911
She gave Madoka a second chance.
>>
>>159380522
No she didn't, stupid. Fighting witches IS suffering. Mahou Shoujo still suffer and live tragically short lives in Madoka's system, literally the only thing she does is delete them at the moment of their succumbing to despair. There is no net decrease in suffering in Madoka's world, all she does is remove the consequences of this suffering.
>>
File: 15773480_p0.jpg (301KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
15773480_p0.jpg
301KB, 500x600px
>>159379911
I love Homura-chan! just regard $hinbo as a moron.

>>159381441
see >>159316828,11
>>
>>159379911
She took certain commentary the amnesiac madoka said and ran win it.
>>
>>159379911
This is some really effective bait, anon, you're probably going to get a lot of people with it.
>>
>>159381441

At what? She had made the decision to take on the responsibility of the magical girls fates, and shit did it willingly.

I'm sure if you asked her if she wanted to spend a few months at best living with her family before having to become Godoka again, she'd refuse, she had already made her choice, and wasn't going to back down from it for anything.

All Homura did was defile Madoka's god form and force her to live as a human until she regains her memory ((which, again, seemingly wouldn't take very long, considering she almost remembered on the very first day)) and then Madoka will be forced to deal with Homura's betrayal of her trust, which would only make her feel worse in the long run, since Homura isn't even technically a magical girl anymore, and so Madoka won't be able to absolve her and take her to Godoka heaven like she did with the others.
>>
>>159381480

> There is no net decrease in suffering in Madoka's world

Given by what we see in Rebellion, a magical girl who has turned into a witch is literally nothing BUT a walking pile of suffering, with the magical girl only being able to feel despair and pain.

So I'd say she did decrease it a fair bit.
>>
>>159381441
>>159316828,12
>>
File: 75_3.png (420KB, 1000x670px) Image search: [Google]
75_3.png
420KB, 1000x670px
>>159381594
see >>153323271
>>
>>159381639
The magical girls still feel all the despair necessary to turn into witches in the first place, though, otherwise Madoka wouldn't have to come save them at all. She's not making their lives any easier, they just get a get out of jail free card instead of exploding like bombs when the pain gets too great to bear.
>>
File: 22655944_p0.jpg (492KB, 1099x1099px) Image search: [Google]
22655944_p0.jpg
492KB, 1099x1099px
>>159381702
Fuck off!
>>
File: 1443747036695.jpg (2MB, 584x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1443747036695.jpg
2MB, 584x5000px
>>159381594
A second chance at doing what she wanted to do at life.
>>
>>159381817
>>
>>159381816
Fuck off.
>>
>>159381799

Still better than nothing, anon, I'd take having my despair cleared and taken to godoka heaven than spend who knows how long existing as a witch where you literally only know pain and suffering.

Madoka could never make Magical girls a good thing without removing the point of it in the first place and/or irrevocably fucking up the worlds timeline, but she can at least let the girls pass on content after their pain is taken on by Madoka.
>>
File: hk2vb0h.jpg (124KB, 1003x580px) Image search: [Google]
hk2vb0h.jpg
124KB, 1003x580px
>>159381876
>>159381930
>>
>>159381817

Again, she had willingly taken on responsibility for the magical girls, and she was happy to be able to do such a great thing for them, even if it meant sacrificing her life. By the way she talks about it in the series, I don't think she would regret her decision at all.

And, again, all Homura is giving her is a few uneasy months at best until she remembers everything and has to deal with leaving ((again)) as well as dealing with Homura, who she deeply cares for, who betrayed her trust and defiled her wish. If Homura had just gone with her they could have lezzed it up in Madoka heaven and everything would have been fine for both of them, now Homura has just caused more suffering.
>>
>>159382044
>I don't think she would regret her decision at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__q9fsZa5vk
https://vimeo.com/162641948
>>
So what would happen if a magical girl were to just ignore their power and refuse to fight witches? If they never bother with the bullshit that comes with being a magical girl and live life with a positive attitude like they never made the contract, they would never sully their gem right? Their soul gem would never corrupt and they'd get off scot-free, right?
>>
>>159382416
Possibly, but the way QB phrases the contract leaves them no reason to not use magic to try and grant their wish. You wouldn't make a deal if it didn't benefit you after all, anybody willing to form a contract would be willing to fight.
>>
>>159382416

Remember when Kyuubey stepped on Sayaka's soul gem and she felt extreme pain?

I imagine if you refused to fight witches, they'd probably just keep doing that to you until you agree'd to.
>>
>>159382588
>>159382416
>>159382617
Didn't Mami say in the 1st movie that just existing in their magical girl bodies is a slight drain on their gem's power 24/7? If you didn't fight, eventually you'd run out of magic just like if you overdid it while fighting a Witch and pop anyway. You have no choice, if you don't fight witches for grief seeds your soul gem has a finite life before total drainage and then Witchhood. I think that Gen added this dialogue specifically to counter the Frodo question of "Why don't they just ignore their power if it sucks so much?"
>>
File: 1448826357601.jpg (103KB, 921x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1448826357601.jpg
103KB, 921x1000px
>>159379911
I guess she went crazy from no Madoka, so now she's an insane devil who fucks up everything.
>>
>>159379911
Her problem was anime studios love money.
>>
>>159382044
>Again, she had willingly taken on responsibility for the magical girls, and she was happy to be able to do such a great thing for them, even if it meant sacrificing her life. By the way she talks about it in the series, I don't think she would regret her decision at all.

One of the Kirara Magicas had an interview were Shinbo said if Homura hadn't gone devil, Kyubey would have just tried to capture Madoka until he succeed. Face it, Homura did nothing wrong and Shaft will inevitably justify everything she did because she's by far the most popular meguca and carries their franchise.
>>
>>159382774
She did.
>>
>>159383926

> Kyubey would have just tried to capture Madoka

But without Homura, there's no one left who knows about Madoka except for the Kyuubeys.

It's not like they'd be able to convince some stupid teenage girl to give up a wish for potentially anything for some kind of obscure "let us control this concept god' wish without asking questions and probably being spooked off.
>>
>>159384056
They don't specifically need Homura to capture Madoka. So long as there's a supply of magical girls to seal away in soul-jail, Madoka will be compelled to come save them just like she did with Homura. Eventually their plan is bound to work.
>>
>>159384149

But isn't the whole reason they used Homura in the first place because Homura was the only one who could bring people into the soul jail? She brought in the people that she knew from the outside world, Madoka happened to be one of them, so she could get through along with Sayaka and Bebe in an attempt to save her.

If what you said was the case, they probably should have used anyone BUT Homura, since only she really knows what Madoka had been through and would probably be the only one who would be willing to turn into a witch rather than try to be saved.
>>
>>159384461
Madoka came to save her of her own accord, and dragged Sayaka and Nagisa along with her. The people that Homura herself brought in were Mami, Kyoko, and Christ-chan. Kyubey chose Homura because she was the juiciest bait for luring in Madoka, but in the event of no Homura being available, other magical girls could also work because Madoka has a compulsion to save everyone.

>probably be the only one to turn into a witch rather than be saved
The idea that Homura might do this literally didn't cross Kyubey's mind for even a second, he states outright how confused he is when Homura chooses this path.
>>
>>159381594
People willingly choose to do self-destructive shit all the time. It's the duty of true friends and loved ones to try and save them from themselves. There is nothing wrong with staging an intervention to try and save a self-destructive person from doing stupid shit to themselves.
>>
>All this suicide imagery in Rebellion and the concept movie
Daily reminder that the meaning of love is found through death and that the ultimate form of love is that you wish to die together.
>>
>>159385033
t. yandere
>>
>>159379911
>Everything was settled perfectly in the anime
No, it wasn't. If anything, it shat on Homura's ideals and ruined her very character and motivations. Rebellion redeemed that.
>>
File: 45646352413`.gif (744KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
45646352413`.gif
744KB, 300x168px
>YFW "I've finally.....caught you"
>>
>>159384872

> Madoka came to save her of her own accord, and dragged Sayaka and Nagisa along with her.

What I'm saying is that while Madoka wanted in, Homura had to 'OK' it before she could actually enter, and even then, she re-wrote Madoka's memories to suit the needs of her world.

Basically it's like if they had put some out of town Magical girl in a soul jail instead, or even just any magical girl in the 'wraith' timeline for that matter. Madoka would not have been able to get into that world because she doesn't fit in it, she doesn't exist in the memories of anyone but Homura, so whatever kind of world they make, there could not be some stranger like Madoka.
>>
Madoka only made her contract in the heat of the moment because otherwise Homura was gonna fucking die. She could have called Kyubey to do it at any time when Homura left but didn't do it until she saw her all beat up. Homura saved her from the consequences of her retarded actions.
>>
>>159385624

She was pretty calm when she made the decision actually, she even took into account that her wish may be wrong.

Doesn't really sound like a 'heat of the moment' desperation wish if you ask me.
>>
>>159385624
>>159385674

Also, Madoka seemed to have made up her mind about her wish around the time she had the confrontation with her mother and ran away from the shelter, and if that's the case, why would she bother waiting?

For all she knew at that point, Homura may have turned back time and fucked her over again.
>>
>>159385539
The Madoka in Homura's jail was an anomaly. It could've been created because of their relationship, or it could've been due to the jail.
>>
File: homura did nothing wrong.gif (671KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
homura did nothing wrong.gif
671KB, 500x280px
>>159385304
>>
>>159379911
>What the FUCK was her problem?
Nothing. She did nothing wrong.
>>
>>159385304
Tbh I was more surprised by Homura is a witch twist
>>
>>159386111
This is the best scene in the movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSEDHdpI6ek
prove me wrong.
>>
>>159385959

Was it? I figured that of course the ideal world Homura created would have Madoka in it, so she wanted her to come in, Godoka responded and went in knowing that she was probably going to be altered in some way, so she divided her godhood shit up between Sayaka and Bebe. Godoka gets her memories re-written since Madoka can't know anything about the original timeline or her god self for it to work, and she ends up being the altered Madoka in the labyrinth world.

Which is why I figured that anyone other than Homura couldn't have brought Madoka in, because even if they tried to edit her memories, they wouldn't know her, she doesn't knowingly exist in reality, and only Homura remembers her.
>>
>>159386140

Conveys the dread and despair of Homura's realisation, pretty horrible stuff. Her whole world just crumbles into a nightmare.
>>
>>159379911

She loved Madoka so much that she was willing to do anything to get her back
>>
What was the point of the dolls yelling Fort Da?
>>
>>159386315
> 'Fort-Da!', meaning 'Gone, and there!'? It is a reference to the Austrian psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud. He taught children this chant in order to make them feel that having their mother be 'gone'(leave) and 'there'(return) is not a serious event. Perhaps the Clara dolls were trying to emotionally detach Homura(the child) from Madoka(mother-like figure).

Apparently.
>>
>>159381481
Go back to your bed, Meguca
>>
File: 1444214096223.jpg (270KB, 739x734px) Image search: [Google]
1444214096223.jpg
270KB, 739x734px
>>159379911
Couldn't sit properly.
>>
>>159386257
It's not real love, though. That's the whole point of the series. Homura's, and all of the other magical girls' feelings are ultimately selfish, unlike Madoka's. That's why Madoka's wish is the only one that purely works to create a better world. Assuming another film actually gets made, it will be about Homura being forced to confront just how selfish her feelings are.
>>
>>159388048
>Homura destroys her own happiness and condemns herself to an existence eternally separated from Madoka, all to give Madoka her happiness back
>"dude she should stop being selfish lmao"
ebin
>>
>>159388114
This is the dumbest post I've read today, but I've only been on for an hour, so who knows.
>>
File: ???.png (80KB, 1073x1024px) Image search: [Google]
???.png
80KB, 1073x1024px
>>
>>159379911
She was already a Witch when Madoka came to take her into the Law of Cycles, and a Witch probably as powerful as Madoka's would have been at the end of the series. She was lacking any form of rational thought and was only left with the irrational notion of saving Madoka at any cost.
>>
>>159388713
"saving" in this case meaning pigeonholing her into what Homura believes to be an acceptable life for Madoka
>>
>>159388777
It's the life that Madoka herself admitted to be her ideal back when they were talking in the flower field. The same conversation in which she admitted that being God sounds like shit.
>>
>>159388830
And yet Madoka chose to be God anyway. Homura takes away her agency not because she believes Madoka is miserable, but because she wants to control her. The final scene of Rebellion, where Madoka almost returns to godhood is the best reflection of their relationship
>>
>>159386170
I'm fairly certain that Madoka only appears in this world because it's Homura's world. Since Madoka exists there, but not outside, they learned about her faster.

Chances are if they failed with Homura, Kyubei would've tested other magical girls and eventually gained control of Madoka.

Madoka sent her agents into this world because she was unable to go. I can't remember entirely, but one part of the plan was to witness the transformation of a magical girl into a witch.
>>
>>159388942
Madoka didn't CHOOSE to be god. She made a wish that reflected all of her feelings about the ordeal of magical girls. If her wish ends with her being God, or just an idea/concept/law of the universe, she was okay with the results.

The Madoka in Homura's world, as far as we know, can be the real Madoka, or Homura's idea of Madoka. We don't know.
>>
>>159389155
I am also basically 100% convinced that Homura only sped up the inevitable realisation of Madoka's existance. The incubators would have tried to take control with or without Homura and it's not like they aren't stubborn as hell, so they would have just kept trying.
>>
>>159389289
This would actually be a pretty solid twist for the next movie. Finding out that this whole time Homura has been fighting for a fake Madoka
>>
>>159389289
>The Madoka in Homura's world, as far as we know, can be the real Madoka, or Homura's idea of Madoka. We don't know.
This is a stupid opinion. It adds unnecessary uncertainty without any evidence to back it up.

And regardless of whether or not Madoka chose the specific mechanic of godhood, Homura still chose to remove her agency because she believes her selfish desire to control is love. She is wrong, and that's why she's still not happy.
>>
>>159388942
I don't think she wants to control Madoka, she just Madoka to have a chance at a life. Homura was tired of how self-sacrificial Madoka had been in all previous timelines.

>>159389289
I'm fairly certain it's the real Madoka, or at least the fragment of Madoka that existed in the Law of Cycles.
>>
>>159383926
Homura in the series is the mainfestation of grief. They call them 'grief seeds' for good reason, the witches are supposed to represent the regrets of magical girls not having lived their lives.
This is why Madoka says 'she won't have any regrets' right before she fires her arrow in episode 12 and homu cries out as she's buffeted by the wind. She can't stand that Madoka found something to live/die for and it wasn't her, when Homu dedicated everything to Madoka.
Homu is a great tragic character and it was perfect that she became a 'devil' herself. She made the same decision Madoka did, but Madoka did it for the right reasons to protect her sense of what was right and preserve the future she wanted, Homu is literally stuck in the past trying to redo the same time loop over and over to make everything 'right' again but there's no way.
That's why the last scene of rebellion has Homu freaking out over Madoka getting her senses back, because Homu never got past her dependence and obsession with Madoka but Madoka was able to let her family and friends go.
>>159384149
Homu's story isn't important anymore. She lost, she lost long ago, rebellion was just a replay of her loss to me. Her trying to regain something and failing yet again, dramatized and shoehorned into the end of the madoka plot.
There won't be another movie because the story is over and sayaka is worst girl.
>>
File: IMG_0372.jpg (51KB, 462x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0372.jpg
51KB, 462x444px
Usurpers gotta usurp
>>
>>159389409
My opinion is based on the fact that it's never stated that the Madoka in Homura's world is Godoka. An opinion based on lack of evidence isn't stupid.

It'd be easier for you to state the point in the movie where it's implied or stated, rather than throwing an insult.

And I'm not arguing about Homura's separation of Madoka, nor it's moral implications.

And, imo, this is a story of a child who cannot get over the loss of a loved one. What she has IS love. She ALSO has the power to potentially prevent the loss of that loved one. We're watching what happens when a child is given the ability to prevent a death, but at a cost far greater than initially thought, and with the desires of others, and possiby fate itself, interfering constantly.
>>
>>159391098
Side question: How old is Homura mentally? Can spending years in a time loop mature a person or does it stagnate their development?
>>
>>159379911
Because Urobuchi cant write for shit
>>
>>159391329
Homura has the emotional intelligence of a child! Homura is a bad girl!
>>
>>159391329
Honestly, I'd say she's got the mentality of a smart child who's probably traumatized.

She already knew about Kyubei, but then told him about Madoka. Her body can't grow anymore, as it's just a husk being controlled through magic. This means she physically has the mental capacity of a child still.

But the logic involved in considering her age can be disregarded because of MAGIC. So it's a rough call.
>>
>>159381410
>yfw you realize that wraiths must have been there before QBs made pacts with little girls and created the first witch.
Wraiths were the original form of humanity's angst.
>>
>>159388114
Kys stupid nigger, right now Homura has a human avatar that is the person who Madoka has most interacted with since "returning from America".

She hasn't sacrifice shit so long as this ruse continues.
>>
>>159389361
Bullshit, Homura is what made them think about the concept of witches when they've been creating Wraiths for over 10,000 years. She planted that idea in them that the Law that takes magical girls had a form and consciousness.
>>
>>159379911
It makes sense. Everything ended well for the universe and everyone involved except for Homura. Homura is psychologically damaged by time looping for who-knows-how-long to the point where even if the universe is saved, if it means a universe without Madoka, Homura is not satisfied with that result.
>>
>>159393742
Except the anime ended with her having that conversation with Junko which basically let her move on passed her failure. She gives Junko her prized possession of Madoka's ribbon, smiles for the first time, and has a monologue saying if this is Madoka's world then she'd protect it with her life, ending with that final battle and the promise that Madoka was with her in spirit and they'd meet again in death.
>>
>>159391329
She spent 10 years looping time. Mentally, she's 24
>>
>>159393982
Yeah, and that was a shit ending. Homura's one defining character trait is her unbreakable will. She does not give up. Ever. She didn't give up in any of the previous 100 failed attempts to save Madoka, and it totally breaks character for her to just lie back and take it on attempt 101 because oh shit you guys, we're on the last episode and the anime needs to end now
>>
>>159393742
>Who knows how long
I thought it was 20something years
>>
>>159394374
If anything, Rebellion shows she's regressed to the mentality of a 4-year old toddler
>>
>>159379911
Rebellion was necessary for Homura's character.

She could never have been okay with Madoka's sacrifice. She herself said it was worse than death. Episode 12 Homura was horrifically out of character and Rebellion set her back on track, as much as people might hate to admit it.
>>
>>159394374
I don't think she'd be 24 mentally considering she literally never got to move forward in life. It was more like she experienced those 10 years in a sort of stasis.
>>
>>159379911

I just ignore Rebellion entirely, and considering the retards who like this trash I'm sure I'm making the right decision.
>>
I can't belIeve people dislike Rebellion, Rebellion is the only justification I can see for anyone calling this series anything close to a masterpiece.
>>
>>159379911
Madoka doesn't love Homura and will eventually destroy her. That's the ending you were given. Homura never once did a good deed and will burn for it.
>>
>>159395027
it's the pleb filter, anon
>>
>>159379911
Her problem is that they needed more money.
>>
File: 1398549297781.png (2MB, 2360x5928px) Image search: [Google]
1398549297781.png
2MB, 2360x5928px
>there are people on /a/ right now, RIGHT NOW who are still too stupid to understand this.
>>
>>159379911
Rebellion is controversial for the sake of being controversial, they should just treat it like some fanfiction written by an obsessive Homurafag and ignore it while the anime ending remains canon.
>>
File: 1498255823.png (164KB, 909x887px) Image search: [Google]
1498255823.png
164KB, 909x887px
>implying any of this matters in the end

my ship is fueled by (You)s and @, by the way
>>
How do we reconcile Homura's and Madoka's wishes?
>>
Homura did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 63175846_p0.jpg (804KB, 1198x1198px) Image search: [Google]
63175846_p0.jpg
804KB, 1198x1198px
>>159395672

it's not controversial, it's just bad
apart from the visuals and music, rebellion has nothing that made the series so great

>series
>story is fast paced, cohesive and conclusive
>characters are presented to the viewer and forced to deal with the consequences of their wishes, often leading to despair
>little to none unnecessary scenes; everything has a meaning
>ending is bittersweet; homura the "heroine" wandering alone, the "don't forget" message and the final frame showing all magical girls lined up with homura and madoka in the center

>rebellion
>story is a snoozefest during first half and a clusterfuck at the end
>characters are there just to act alongside homura; mami is not alone anymore, sayaka doesn't care about the boy anymore, madoka and kyouko are literally secondaries serving no purpose for the story or just being overly passive
>fanservice scenes like sayaka and kyouko holding hands, towel mami, mami vs homura fight, fucking nagisa
>ending is a cliffhanger showing kyubei as the "villain" who got what he deserves

don't let yurifriends and rabid homutards fool you with "2deep4u" replies; rebellion is the definition of a cashgrab movie that caters to a specific demographic rather than being a continuation of the main series
>>
File: machi_1.png (748KB, 718x720px) Image search: [Google]
machi_1.png
748KB, 718x720px
>>159396591
There is that word again
>>
>>159397134
>kyubei apologists being retarded
no surprise here
>>
If you watched the movie you should know nothing was solved.Kuubey and his race were on to Madoka. Although they were confused in the movie they are intelligent, patient, and numerous in time they would have figured out Madoka and used\enslaved her. Also Homura is on the right path by enslaving Kuubey there is still more to do but it's a good first step. If nothing else realize these two things. 1 Madoka's wish was a feelgood ending but it didn't actually change anything for earth long term. 2 Kuubey is short sighted he was going to let the earth be destroyed just to harvest a mother load of energy from Madoka even though be his own admission earth was unique. The energy would eventualy run out in the fullness of time. 3 (bonus) Homura with all her loops and suffering was the one who actually earned the right to make the decision. Madoka was handed ultimate power and used it well but not as well as it could be.
>>
Just kill all incubators. They deserve no mercy.
>>
>>159400073
>kill the defenders of the universe
>>
>>159400073
Yes. Destroy Kyubey.
>>
>>159379911
This is why I will probably never watch Rebellion, the anime ended perfectly and nothing else should never been made.
>>
File: MadokaExMachina.png (2MB, 1626x1302px) Image search: [Google]
MadokaExMachina.png
2MB, 1626x1302px
Rebellion saved Madoka from Deus ex Machina hell.
>>
>>159400839
Deus ex machinas aren't foreshadowed
>>
File: 3181648-9910812535-rebui.jpg (491KB, 1869x2076px) Image search: [Google]
3181648-9910812535-rebui.jpg
491KB, 1869x2076px
>>159400986

Sure they are. Happens all the time.
>>
>>159400363
You can let you daughter turn into a magical girl all you want.
>>159400432
Extermination of the race known as incubator will be a satisfying event.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-27-03-06-23.png (440KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-27-03-06-23.png
440KB, 960x540px
do any of you realize WHY Kyubey and his race wanted an entropy sink?
it's not to defend the universe or for benevolent.
it's obviously so they can use massive amounts of energy for computation or just to take over the universe.

they are not good.
>>
>>159401725
Kyubey and his people were preventing the universe from being destroyed.

They're literally allies of justice.
>>
>>159397134
Most of your complaints are simply due to the change in format.
Series was a full introduction to the setting as well as the overall story, and has multiple character arcs. Movie is an additional story focused solely around a single character, Homura. That's not inherently a bad thing.
The ending having a different tone than the series isn't inherently a bad thing either. I'm glad Rebellion was different, it would have been pointless otherwise.
>>
>>159401777
You are right. I am glad you are willing to sacrifice your daughter to Kyubey.
>>
>>159402502
He is the incubator
>>
File: 1425970379979.png (122KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1425970379979.png
122KB, 512x512px
>>159403585
>>
>>159403663
Homu a cute. A CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!
>>
>>159380032
>>159379911
It's almost like Madoka is a tragedy or something.

You know, like everything else Urobuchi likes to write.
>>
>>159405170
The tragedy is Rebellion's existence.
>>
>>159379911
>I wish I hadn't watched Rebellion.
me too
>>
File: 1496844885971.jpg (435KB, 1024x1734px) Image search: [Google]
1496844885971.jpg
435KB, 1024x1734px
>>159396591
That is fake news
>>
File: debiruanaru_eng.jpg (247KB, 1280x1202px) Image search: [Google]
debiruanaru_eng.jpg
247KB, 1280x1202px
>>159405170
There is nothing tragic about a badly written piece of trash. All tragedy and sadness are replaced completely by groans and eyerolls when you realize they honestly thought it would be a good idea to literally make the two main characters into God and Satan.
I look at it every way I try to look at every dumpster fire, at least some decent porn came out of it.
>>
>>159379911
Homura did NOTHING wrong. Are you retarded or merely pretending?
>>
>>159408579
Retarded
>>
>>159408522
>And in that moment, billions of people all across Asia and Oceania were suddenly, permanently blinded by the appearance in the sky of giant, nekkid Homu ass.
>>
>>159410623
Wow
>>
File: 1492925728304.png (373KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1492925728304.png
373KB, 1024x682px
>>159399186
>Kuubey is short sighted he was going to let the earth be destroyed just to harvest a mother load of energy from Madoka even though be his own admission earth was unique. The energy would eventualy run out in the fullness of time
>implying the Incubators don't have the humans' genome thoroughly mapped out and countless other planets they could use to re-seed their humanity project
>>
>>159379911
I glass clear representation of why Yuri is shit.
>>
File: IMG_7886.png (964KB, 1280x917px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7886.png
964KB, 1280x917px
>>159379911
>I'm going to be a contrarian today even though I know for a fact Homura was justified in just about everything she did

Good job on explaining what you have a problem with btw. You're a real hero anon.
>>
>>159379911
>everything is settled
>homu can't see the person she fought to save, in person, ever again

Not to mention we have no idea how long she was repeating the loop. Are you fucking stupid? How can you call this settled?
>>
File: IMG_6663.jpg (410KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6663.jpg
410KB, 2400x2400px
Reminder
>>
Homu should be put into a straitjacket and locked inside a padded room before she harms herself any further.
>>
File: IMG_7887.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7887.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>159414094
A couple of bruises feel good here and there anon. You get that tingly feeling around them and it's symbolic of your pain and suffering. Homura is the kinda girl who will prolong the fight in hopes of getting hit harder.
>>
>>159381799
>they just get a get out of jail free card instead of exploding like bombs when the pain gets too great to bear.
And that is a good thing. The whole point of the anime was to point out choosing and being meguca was suffering so Madoka took away the worst part of it (becoming a witch) and replaced it with salvation
>>
File: IMG_7888.jpg (138KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7888.jpg
138KB, 800x600px
>>159414283
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

That's the rule anon.
>>
I'd say the memories they have stored in their heads make up for it.
>>
File: 1496261921037.jpg (64KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496261921037.jpg
64KB, 500x600px
Threadly reminder that mami a best.
>>
I keep meaning to watch Rebellion. I don't understand why people avoid even horrible material related to a series they enjoy. I avidly watched AO, including the BD shorts and bonus episode plus the 'conclusion' released earlier this year, and plan to rewatch the movie and original series before the release of the first part of Hi-Evolution. Do you all have some sort of autism?
>>
>>159414565
She's "a" best but who do you think is the best? It's probably Kyoko or Homura isn't it?
>>
did anyone else see dark city before meguca rebellion? I watched it years ago because I read it was inspiration for big o.
>>
Homura was a mistake
>>
>>159414014
Isn't Kyouko better?
>>
>>159415013
She's good but I don't think she's quite as good as Mami**
>>
>>159415139
Kyouko beat Mami.
>>
>>159414883
No she wasn't
>>
>>159419528
Yes she was
>>
>>159379911
She made two lesbians settle for each other.
>>
>>159419718
Nope
>>
>>159414565
Close. Kyoko a better.
>>
>>159419760
Sayaka is straight though.
>>
>>159421223
Not Sayaka. Mami.
>>
>>159419983
Yes
>>
>>159422313
Uh uh
>>
>>159422282
Do people really ship Mami and Kyouko?
>>
Can we just hunt any Kyubey? It would be fun.
>>
>>159423375
Hunt as much as you want.
>>
>>159414593
It's really not awful. The people complaining that it hamstrings some character's development over the series forget that that's the point of the world they are in. The usurping at the end is also justifiable for someone who has suffered the unique way that Homura did.
>>
>>159379911
What you should be asking is what the fuck was the production committee's problem, because Homura is just the production committee wearing her skin.

Anyway their problem was that they couldn't see a good way to make a sequel if the story ends like it should, so at the last minute they changed it and fucked everything up in a way that must be unprecedented in the history of anime. And they haven't even made a fucking sequel, so it was all for nothing.

Retards will still defend it though.
>>
>>159397231
What is wrong with them?
>>
>>159423260

Yes.
>>
>>159425698
But why though?
>>
Kyoko is the worst girl. Her characterization in the anime made absolutely no sense. She was poorly written and even poorly designed.

What an awful magical girl.
>>
>>159425698
>>159425841
Only retarded shitposters like this >>159423260 do. And he's actually the only person on this site who cares about it. You can tell because he not only always spams the same files but he's insanely autistic as well.

As to why he does it. There are two main reasons. Because he doesn't care about the characters or series, and he just cares about self gratification. The second is he thinks he's an "epic troll cyber bully" and that he's making people mad by shitposting with crack. Somehow he's convinced himself that him making himself look bad hurts other people.
>>
>>159425980
Poor anon. He has his head up his ass.
>>
>>159427158
Her fangs make her look ugly and stupid.
>>
>>159427186
O anon. Fangs has always marked best girl. It is known since ancient times.
>>
File: 1484159732931.jpg (111KB, 647x719px) Image search: [Google]
1484159732931.jpg
111KB, 647x719px
>>159379911
The fact that people have this reaction is why I love Rebellion so much. It's like Endless Eight, where it's not actually badly made but it fucks with the norm so everyone hates it. Just great
>>
Rebellion is a cash grab.
Can't have a good and definitive ending to your money-making franchise.
Let the otaku beg for sequels to spend their autismbucks.
And they love it!
>>
File: 1430598893744.jpg (99KB, 1149x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1430598893744.jpg
99KB, 1149x1080px
>>159427186
>disliking fangs
>>
>>159427186
>>159427786
she doesn't have fangs, she has a snaggle tooth
>>
File: NewPOP_Madoka_different.jpg (604KB, 600x878px) Image search: [Google]
NewPOP_Madoka_different.jpg
604KB, 600x878px
>>159423260
>>159425841

Not without good reason. The Different Story details how Mami and Kyoko had a working relationship before the events of the series.
>>
>>159429468
Actually yes, without reason. Because not only is TDS not canon, it doesn't show Mami and Kyouko having a romantic relationship in any way shape or form.
>>
File: 1497568231337.jpg (243KB, 596x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497568231337.jpg
243KB, 596x600px
>>159429468
Well yes, but Different Story isn't canon, and even the official people seem to ship Kyouko with Sayaka.
>>
>>159428864
And?
>>
>>159429708
And what
I'm just clarifying the nomenclature, bro
>>
Little girls can't be lesbians. This entire discussion is absurd.
>>
>>159429841
why does it matter who can be a lesbian when we're all just screaming tubes of meat that will be dead one day
>>
File: 3701684.jpg (657KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3701684.jpg
657KB, 1000x1000px
>>159400432
>>159403663
>>159423375
Hey, Appleneet! If I was not in Madoka threads, you would miss me. You will regret not replying to me. Don't forget nobody loves you except for me!
>>
>>159429468
Would TDS be better if Mami and Kyouko had intimate sexual relations in it?
>>
>>159430046
>>159429993
Putting on your pass flag doesn't make you a new person.
And no, unlike you, the creators actually have integrity, thus wouldn't shit on and degrade their own characters.
>>
File: img_1.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
img_1.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: Afternoon.repose.full.1406224.jpg (758KB, 2935x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Afternoon.repose.full.1406224.jpg
758KB, 2935x2100px
>>159430046

I don't know. The way their interaction was portrayed you get more of a feeling like something COULD have happened between them IF everything had worked out differently for Kyouko. Mami appeared like she was lonely enough to welcome a romance and Kyouko really admired her greatly but things went off the rails before the two of them could really cement intimacy.
>>
>>159421223
She's Kyousexual.
>>159422282
Mami? You mean the one who doesn't have interest in anyone?
>>159423260
Barely anyone does. Ignore vocal shitposters that make you think a lot do.
>>
>>159430758
>>159430046
Tagging your pass flag on and off doesn't make you two different people. And no, nothing could have happened between them. You're just autistic and can't understand basic social interaction.
>>
>>159430758
Honestly it seemed like a perfect straight-forward familial tone that wouldn't go anywhere else. They'ed even refer to each other as sisters. It's meant to stay platonic and not develop any further than that.
So I don't think your hypothetical theory would've been possible.
>>
I find it a little gross how eager you guys are to believe that little girls would enter into lesbian relationships willy-nilly.

The magical girls in the series are just ordinary little girls, except Kyoko and Homura who are mentally ill. These little girls aren't capable of complex romantic relationships.
>>
>>159431130
I agree with Homura. But fail to see your reason why the others can't.
>>
>>159379911
you'll wait to read wraith arc and yes, it's canon
>>
>>159423375
It would be very enjoyable
>>
>>159432050
I know. It is why I suggested it.
>>
>>159431504
Where can one read such a thing, anon?
>>
>>159429993
I love Apple. Apple is fun person.
>>
>>159425841
They believe TDS, CD3, Portable, pretty much any official source that supports the ideal shared past the two had; justifies their ship. Despite it's platonic/familial tone it takes.
>>159429468 Is an example but they're just a vocal shitposter.

Look up the biggest Kyoumamifags on tumblr and I guarantee anything above would be mentioned as their reason. It's funny really because there's this one post that was named favorite "Kyoumami moments" and literally all were listed from TDS.
>>
>>159389369
There's no next movie anon.
>>
File: OkfHJCq.png (194KB, 478x380px) Image search: [Google]
OkfHJCq.png
194KB, 478x380px
>>159432693
>literally all were listed from TDS

Yeah, well, Sayaka and Homura monopolized Kyouko in the movie and the only Kyoumami moment in the series is kind of a one-shot.
>>
>>159433588
No yet.
>>
File: 1466887674864.png (132KB, 249x315px) Image search: [Google]
1466887674864.png
132KB, 249x315px
>>159433883
>the only Kyoumami moment
More like no moment exists.
>>
>>159434889
>kind of a one-shot
>>
>>159433883
Oh I get it
>>
>>159435023
The fuck is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>159435108
The only KyouMami moment not including Rebellion is Mami shooting Kyouko's soul gem.
>>
File: 1498175361383.gif (1MB, 350x270px) Image search: [Google]
1498175361383.gif
1MB, 350x270px
>>159435433
Oh, you sons of bitches.
>>
>>159434546
Actually, never.
>>
>>159435666
Painful isn't it. Mami is real quick to lose her head.
>>
File: oh_no.png (49KB, 319x326px) Image search: [Google]
oh_no.png
49KB, 319x326px
>>159385304
>>
>be a MadoHomu shipper
>expect Rebellion to be a perfect happy end
>it's not
>hate it, HATE it
>months later, not on edge anymore because of the disappointment (which I caused myself, kinda)
>watch it again
>love it this time
>realize how Homura not showing sings of being insane doesn't mean she isn't
>realize that it's perfectly in line with her character to end up brokenly selfish
>>
>>159414014
>homura
>anything but at the top
mami has literally a negative power rating because chances are she'll kill herself :^)
>>
File: 1469068344250.png (429KB, 953x567px) Image search: [Google]
1469068344250.png
429KB, 953x567px
>>159436972
Daily reminder.
>>
>>159436972
Homura did nothing wrong
>>
>>159437241
That's one of the most retarded things I've ever read.
>>
>>159438127
I like to think that things done for love can go both ways, so on a base level you cant really tell if something done for love is good or evil.
>>
>>159437241
>>159437274
She essentially built a prison around the entire world. You can't say that she's is a prisoner, but she isn't free either. The exact details and mechanisms of the prison aren't known (except that she can't go god and leave), but it's still one.
>>
File: IMG_3625.jpg (774KB, 949x1299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3625.jpg
774KB, 949x1299px
>>159437241
>Ninja prefer power of honor to power of love. Power of honor much safer.
Megatokyo
>>
>>159438960
Didnt she just cut human madoka from the law of cycles and put herself in the same place?
>>
>>159439440
Not really.
What we know for sure is that she took Madoka from the LoC and that she left it in working order (at least that's what she thinks).
She also plays the role of the devil, which is important because it's not that she BECAME the devil, it's "just" an act, the result of her conflict over selfishly saving Madoka from herself and going against her wish.
>>
>>159439693
I know that, im just trying to undestand how the law of cycles can work without any direct replacement to madoka.

It would be really funny if the now inhuman law of cycles decided to fuck shit up .
>>
>Read Wraith Arc please.
>Rewatch the movie.
>Love the movie.
>>
>>159439813
Do you like wraith arc?
>>
>>159439789
Yeah, one of the better possible new stories is that the law of cycles is broken.
>>
>>159439813
>reading wraith arc
>liking wraith arc
>taking wraith arc seriously
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.