[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I could gush forever about the opening seven minutes of this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-04-15_23-58-12.jpg (152KB, 1272x717px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-15_23-58-12.jpg
152KB, 1272x717px
I could gush forever about the opening seven minutes of this show, which are genuinely among the best I’ve ever seen. From the arresting cold open to the haunting, unspeakably beautiful rendition of Scarborough Fair I was just entranced. The cold open is the most fascinating since Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (I had literal goosebumps), and the Scarborough Fair sequence does more and better world-building than any light novel wall of text exposition dump could ever hope to. I’ve been playing it on loop while writing this whole post.

Even though it’s never quite captured that magic again, it’d be unfair to expect it to. There’s a pretty dense story being told here and that requires getting down and dirty with the details of the plot. While I think the show is moving a little quickly at times, it’s doing it relatively elegantly. It always manages to justify what feel like leaps of logic or convenient shortcuts. Even its iffier decisions (see here for my thoughts on the massage scene) still feel like they’re grounded in a desire to tell a genuinely thoughtful story. One of the most crucial things the show needs to do is sell us on what will almost certainly be a romance between Willem and Chtholly. I was taking a wait and see approach to that, but their conversation near the end of episode three has me completely on board with the pairing right now.
>>
As if I needed more stuff in my backlog.
>>
>>159373237
Nice blog. No, seriously.
>>
>>159376487
OP is literally the opposite of that.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.