[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Fire Punch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0089.png (373KB, 960x1508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0089.png
373KB, 960x1508px
Thoughts on Fire Punch?
>>
>>159365587
Crazy as fuck, but I like it.
>>
It's so fucking weird and nonsensical, I have no idea why I read it.
Usually this kind of thing would be called a trainwreck by me and many anons, but the strangest thing about Fire Punch is that I can not lose the feeling that despite all of its crazyness, there is a purpose.
I can't label something like this a trainwreck and throw it in the same pile as geass, or Valvrave.
Fire Punch has some kind of nuance that I'm not picking that ties it all together.
I plan on re-reading it once it's done and analyzing it more closely to fully understand what I'm witnessing.
>>
File: img000009 (3).png (301KB, 827x1300px) Image search: [Google]
img000009 (3).png
301KB, 827x1300px
i liked it, but i can't help but feel sad for him
>>
>could've gotten a great gritty revenge adventure
>got this

Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>159365587
tragic hero combined with a constant feeling of "what's going to happen next"
I dig it
>>
>>159365587
I love it. Reading it must be what it's like to get punched in the head by a man on fire.
>>
>>159365587
Absolute shit. Had me roped in for a few chapters, great original premise, but it's like listening to a small child recite a made up story. Every plot twist is totally nonsensical and unrelated to the previous chapters and themes.
>lol everyone gets regen!
>lol wacky director is a tranny
>lol tree person loves star wars
>hey everyone got killed by tree person who was introed a chapter ago
I hate that I got memed into reading this in the one page threads and I hate that I read all of it to see if it got better after he destroyed the home base of the fuel using people. Fuck this manga. So much squandered potential.
>>
>>159365587
Hottest manga of the decade.
>>
>>159365587
Insane masterpiece of our times. Absolutely love it.
>>
>>159366219
I think it's the subtlety of the expressions. The artist does a really good job at making a character look unhinged.
>>
>>159366790
>when a medium unexpectedly kicks you out of your comfort zone
>>
>>159366790
Yeah, the author obviously ran out of ideas. He wrote himself into a corner with that whole messiah thing.
>>
Reminder that the author said that he wanted each volume to be a different genre and have a different "feel".
>>
>>159371472
Reminder that the author said that there is a specific purpouse for each character's names
And he very strongly implied that Agni will become some sort of god
>>
>>159366598
I guess you missed the part where the MC literally stabs the man who set him on fire for 8 years with his armbone
>>
B R I N G

T O G A T A

B A C K ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
>>
>>159371326
>when you eat shit and someone tells you it's not bad but it's just because you're out of your comfort zone.
>>
>>159372319
>missed

I dropped it before then. Also you seem to have some sort of reading comprehension issues, since that shit happening doesn't mutually include what I wrote.
>>
>>159373034
define gritty revenge
>>
File: re1.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
re1.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
I'm so fucking glad that it continues beyond the lcl sea.
>>
>>159366598
>roppongi black cross
>>
Hello, is this kino?
Thanks
>>
>>159374890
with all those starwars references it is a flick at best
>>
>>159374890
Hi. Yes.
>>
>>159374962
>>159374890
Plinkett review of Firepunch when?
>>
Nice first starting but shitty story. I am glad that I dropped this fkin manga too weak story. And no fkin plot or anything. Annoying movie maker
>>
>>159366219
I figured it's meant to be a deconstruction of gritty revenge stories. Agni wants revenge on Doma, but by the time he catches up to him he's a reformed old man and there's no satisfaction in it. Seems like it's pushing forgiveness on us, except Agni changes his mind and fucks him up anyway because no shit he's still fucking pissed.
The director girl was there to be meta and make fun of the resemblance to typical post-apocalyptic fiction, getting more and more annoyed when things don't pan out neatly like they do in movies. The story is unpredictable in the way life often is, and she was out of her element trying to make sense of any of it.
I don't know what the fuck is currently happening but there's probably another thematic point building up, even if the actual plot seems like it's spinning its wheels.
>>
>>159376165
>actual plot
Ha!
The closest thing fire punch had to an actual plot concluded already, the titular fire punch took place, and then there was an unsatisfying end to the revenge story. Then rather than deal with agni trying to cope with his new religion, which actually would be interesting, the author introduces a new villain with a totally nonsense plan and motivation to kill all the tertiary characters so he wouldn't be written into a corner anymore.
The manga has no plot or themes at this point, the author is just throwing shit at the wall.
>>
>>159365587
Add it to the pile of ridiculous but fun, wild rides that are unadaptable-to-anime.
>>
Ever since the tree was destroyed I have mixed feelings. I genuinely thouht it'd end shortly after, but it also makes sense that it continues because Agni needs to develope more before there is any real impact.

ATM, I just enjoy how crazy he's become, the saddest thing being his awareness of his failing sanity.
>>
>>159366607
>hero
Don't you mean villan anon
>>
>>159365587
It's a masterpiece. I don't knlw where the story is headed but I believe the author will deliver nontheless.
>>
>>159377740
>the author introduces a new villain
She had been foreshadowed from the start, and she was introduced right after they burned down the city
>>
>>159374890
>>159374962
Eat a bullet /tv/.
>>
>>159380731
>foreshadowed since the start
No, she said she was the ice queen to mess with agni. Her whole plan and reveal amd resolution covered like 2 chapters, you're kidding yourself if you think that whole plotline wasn't abrupt and disconnected as fuck.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.