[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hellsing Ultimate: Alucard's death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

Can someone explain Alucard's death to me? Like why did absorbing Schrödinger cause that "paradox of abstraction" the Major was going on about? I get that there was a reference to Schrödinger's cat but I'm not sure what it means. Also general Hellsing thread I guess.
>>
I guess that since he absorbed him he somehow existed everywhere, but nowhere at the same time, and so he lost his sense of self and vanished.
What i'm more curious about is how the fuck he had that kind of power in the first place.
>>
>>159356965
Yeah, why else would the Major keep him around? other than making him his butt slut
>>
>>159356903
Someone explains it in the series. Schrodinger only exists as long as he believes he exists. This is how he can appear anywhere and not really be killed.

The entire plan was to trick Alucard into indiscriminately taking in a ton of blood. Then Schrodinger would allow himself to be absorbed into Alucard thus giving Alucard his powers. Since Alucard doesn't know how these powers work he would basically just stop existing.

The only thing that annoyed me was Seras Victoria doing blood magic to sprout a wing out of her dismembered arm-hole.
>>
>>159358553
Me again. Decided to check the wiki because it's been years since I saw this.

Correction: It's not because Alucard doesn't know how Schrodinger's powers work. It's because Alucard, having absorbed 3 million souls is no longer able to tell them apart and thus know himself. Since he cannot know himself then he cannot believe he exists and thus he does not exist. In the epilogue where he comes back 30 years later it is because he has killed all of those other souls and is once again able to know himself.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.