[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GINTAMA!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12

Crtl+F no Gintama thread.

Now that I stopped to think of it, was there a time when /a/ made boards for Gintama? What's the deal? Does /a/ don't like it?

I started watching the Anime last month, and holy shit! I'm having a blast.
>>
>>159352850
It's not popular enough here to have threads outside of its airing periods.
>>
Also, what's the deal with this chick? She came out of nowhere did pratically nothing and now all my other waifus look like shit!

I don't even like blondies!
>>
>>159352943
Didn't realize it was bait by reading the OP, but you just made it obvious. You should know when to stop when trying to make a successful bait.
>>
File: 1lRhdr2.png (627KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1lRhdr2.png
627KB, 1334x750px
>>159352943

You think this is Bait? Then look below.
>>
Why is Gintama live action cast so good?
>>
>When the show itself promotes the best ship.
>>
I know its a comedy but I really enjoy the consistent power levels in this show.

no bullshit transformations, special techniques or secret training, Gin is exactly as strong now as he was in episode one, and its fine cause the threats are not constatly escalating.
>>
>>159353757

This reminds me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLIbI1FI6N4

Escalation is the biggest problem of every Shonen, and yeah, Gintama is avoiding this very well. The escalation is handled so well actually that I was on the edge at some moments, even knowing that this is a comedy anime and nobody will die.

I'm not very far yet, but the first serious arcs were so pleasant to watch. My only complaint is the over-talking during fights by some characters (fucking seita won't shut the fuck up).
>>
>>159352850
well I sometimes do a thread for the spoilers but Gintama just isn't popular enough to survive
>>
>>159354710

Is it a western thing or Gintama is not popular on Japan too? Maybe the western audience don't get the jokes so well as then.
>>
>>159354874

Them*
>>
File: tsukkomi.png (40KB, 280x270px) Image search: [Google]
tsukkomi.png
40KB, 280x270px
>>159354874
>>
>>159352850
Well, Gintama is back this Fall, you happy?
>>
>>159355648
Shinpachi got more and more useless as time moved on
and I just realized that of all characters Kagura probably got the most dvelopment
>>
>>159353314
That looks like dogshit.
>>
>>159352905
There was a Gintama thread yesterday but it died at 105 posts, and you're right non airing threads are generally dead as fuck
>>
>>159356624
Probably just more reruns though. There's no "Pokori arc" but I kind of doubt they'd make a filler comedic arc after skipping so many canon ones, so it's probably just talking about the Shogun pool episode where they played Pokori.
>>
File: pikachu.jpg (3KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu.jpg
3KB, 126x126px
>>159354023
>nobody will die
>>
File: gorilla.jpg (16KB, 213x301px) Image search: [Google]
gorilla.jpg
16KB, 213x301px
>>159356820
Mmh you really think that, anon?
>>
>>159353432
>the famous Kotatsu scene
>>
>>159354710
The threads of the last season (2017) survived pretty well though. But I know this, keeping non-anime threads alive isn't a piece of cake
>>
>>159354023
>nobody will die.
>>
>>159356789
Well in Rakuyou arc he was pretty useful at sometimes
>>
>>159352850
glad you liked it. We've had threads once in a while, but the anime's on a pause up until next fall, so there's not much to discuss (besides manga spoilers & ranting about the Movie).

I myself gave the show a 2nd chance last year, after seeing multiple different sources stating that it starts a bit slow and meh. I'd actually tried it out already something like a decade ago, but the first 2 eps didn't really catch my attention enough at the time. I later read that they're literal fillers, so there's that as well.

All in all, the show's been a great, if not a bit bumpy ride. The cast definitely grows on you, and the show's budget and directing does evolve little by little, so sitting through the slower start is worth it. I personally also liked the more or less controversal "serious" arcs.
>>
>>159357646

>I made a mistake, shouldn't made a thread.
>>
File: 1488383322064.png (17KB, 131x141px) Image search: [Google]
1488383322064.png
17KB, 131x141px
>>159355648
That was too meta for me.
>>
>>159360257

I always read the preview for the next chapter, so I skipped some episodes the ones I did not find the premise funny or the ones who didn't looked relevant enough.

So when I catch up the history, I gonna have episodes to watch.

And yeah, the cast definitely grows on you.
>>
>>159360398
Gintama is always meta, anon.
>>
>>159360257
Shout out to OP and all the anons who make an effort to create threads in this period
>>
>>159360257
Looking forward to the new season desu as well as the live action. It looks pretty good so far
>>
>>159352850
Wish I could have been making and posting webms and screencaps when I was still watching the series, maybe then threads would last longer. Worked for the Doremi threads.
>>
There is a thread up with tokyo crystle mew that reminded me of the ms paint open which for some reason is hard to find.

Favorite op sequence? Think I like 9 the best right now. Don't like these continuous serious chapters one after another
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.