[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: latest.jpg (171KB, 1024x1454px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
171KB, 1024x1454px
I remember there was some amazing hype for this when it was announced, with constant threads for over a year, even with next to nothing to discuss.

What happened?
>>
Its bad.
>>
The watered down art style alone should have tipped people off.
>>
Boring shit feeling nothing like the original
>>
File: 022.png (452KB, 632x647px) Image search: [Google]
022.png
452KB, 632x647px
It spent too much time on boring real world shit with movie 2 that didn't progress the plot and was filled with pointless drama, and then in movie 4 the power scale and plot went full retard and OOPS BIYOMON'S GOTTA HATE SORA FOR FORCED DRAMA ALSO SORA CAN TANK MACHINEDRAMON.

Not enough Adventure in a series that's sequel was shat on BECAUSE it lacked the sense of Adventure too
>>
File: 47561951_p0.png (591KB, 600x780px) Image search: [Google]
47561951_p0.png
591KB, 600x780px
>>159328247
It turned out to be a teen angst series with plot holes, forced drama, and little monster battles. Not that I don't mind the character progression or the kids and Digimon hanging out but this is a film series not a 50+ episode tv anime. Tri would have been better that way than a movie series with 4 films already waisted too much time not developing the fucking plot.
>>
I'm just glad people finally admits its a huge disappointment.

I was getting tired of arguing about it after the third movie
>>
>>159328318
This is why Tri should have remained a tv anime.
>>
>>159328247
At least we got this version of I Wish, it's far superior to the original.
>>
Story is bad, it has tons of plotholes if you consider adventure and 02 canon, hell even just considering adventure it has plotholes
Animation is bad specially digimon evolution sequences, so you dont get any hype when they evolve, its also funny that the warp evolutions of adventure looked better than the new CGI.
New character that nobody likes, its Mari from rebuild of evangelion all over again, suits messing everything up trying to make the thing appealing wiht a new character and failing because the new character has a boring personality.
Hell some of the already established characters have boring personalities
Sora movie didnt fix Sora.

3/10, its a nostalgia cashgrab. Of course Im still watching the movies as they come out because Im curious but its just shit.
>>
>>159328247
Tri turned out to be garbage. Only reason we still bother is because of the original cast.
>>
>>159328363
It either should have been an anime or it should have been 3 movies.

If it was an anime, they could have had properly paced arcs. If it was only 3 movies, it'd mean they'd have to run a tight ship and couldn't DICKAROUND so much like they do for half of the first film, the second film, and the 4th film.

What most people agree is that the 3rd film is the best because IT ESTABLISHES STAKES, HAS A DEFINITIVE NARRATIVE THREAD, AND REACHES A RESOLUTION

People don't want to watch Tai mope over cellphones, Mimi learn that she's a bitch sometimes, Jyou be a fucking retard who'd trade close friends for being a wagecuck, or a rushed "bonding" between the kids and their Digimon that is worse than the original File Island arc in everyway.
>>
>>159328370
Also >YGGDRASIL AGAIN LOL
Im fucking mad, even Neo Vamdemon-X would have been better
>>
Honestly what bothers me the most was how they handled 02. I hate 02 with a passion, but the way they treat it in this series just create a ton of plotholes and make it obnoxious to watch.

Either make 02 noncanon to Tri or actually do something with it. Don't just ignore the way they do here.
>>
>>159328406
Tri was first announced as a tv anime surring development but quickly changed to a film series for unknown reasons. As stated with a tv anime we could have had properly paced arcs with reintroducing the kids and Digimon, setting up the story narrative, and maybe introducing Meiko better than being the shy bland new girl that became Mimi's lover. Durring that time we dive into the mystery of what happened to Daisuke and the others and why they are MIA. Taichi and the others should be fucking worried that their friends are mission and presumably dead. If we had a 50+ episode series we could have avoided alot of this bullshit and not having the writer of School Days on board.
>>
>>159328648
>Tri was first announced as a tv anime surring development but quickly changed to a film series for unknown reasons
What is truly baffling is the fact that production didn't seem to profit at all from theater releases. Even fucking Appmon looks better.
>>
It somehow has worse fights than original Adventure.

It's baffling
>>
>>159328741
Come to think of it Bamco may thought turning Digimon into the next Yokai Watch would make them billions and went with Applimon development and Tri being pushed to the background to be a movie series because what kid in 2017 seen Digimon Adventure? It's easier to start from scratch than beat a dead horse.
>>
Steller animation that Tri has. We could have had a big budget anime movie for Tri but we get this piss poor shit.

Also why continue to tease this ship?
>>
>>159328902
Tri is about teasing every ship and not delivering in any of them
>>
>>159328924
But Taichi and Yamato did get married. Sora just had kids for them and share custody because the three of them are such close friends.
>>
>>159328247
It is best looking and directed Trigger show so far, with characters that are actual characters and resemblance of plot and writing as opposed to everything else they made. Showing Trigger is actually capable of going above their level if they try and have prospects for the future.

Ignore the Imashit drones.
>>
>>159329080
Wrong thread, also trigger sucks.
>>
Should have seen the signs already here
>>
It's hard to keep hype up over several years.
>>
>>159328247
Toei
>>
>>159329080
You missed the LWA thread.
>>
File: digimon15thtranslation.jpg (60KB, 904x517px) Image search: [Google]
digimon15thtranslation.jpg
60KB, 904x517px
>>159329089
>All the hype for this
>>
>>159329089
>>159329942

What a scam.
>>
>>159328247
It's not what people was hoping for.
>>
>>159328485
>Either make 02 noncanon to Tri or actually do something with it. Don't just ignore the way they do here
Am I the only person who don't mind the fact that they are ignoring 02? I'm actually super glad that they aren't in.

>>159328247
They didn’t meet expectations and I absolutely agree that they are nostalgia cashgrab, but I'm actually enjoying them because I always knew that they are going to be that and I wasn't expecting much.
>>
>>159330754
Because ignoring it the way they do just reeks of bad writing and make the entire thing look even worse.

If you're gonna ignore it just make that shit noncanon.
>>
>>159330922
It would piss off a lot of 02 fans if they made it non canon, though. Not to mention that it would be disrespectful to the 02 staff if they did that.

They declared from the beginning that Tri is going to be about the original 8 so they had to make up excuse about why 02 cast aren't in without rectonned them out.
>>
File: BESTJOJO.webm (551KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BESTJOJO.webm
551KB, 1280x720px
>>159328247
>What happened

It's an OVA and it takes a shitload of time for each new episode to get released

That's what happened. People watch different shows. Hell the last one came out all the way back in goddamn FEBRUARY. Of course discussion has died. Just like the Jojo anime.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.