[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some people think One Piece is better than Hunter x Hunter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 0

Why do some people think One Piece is better than Hunter x Hunter? One Piece is barely good. Like what did One Piece have that's great? One large battle that people keep jerking off to? That really wasn't all that great either in retrospect.

It also feels like all the One Piece characters get backstories written retroactively, and there really isn't anything planned. You guys just fall for it being planned when it's all retroactive backstory. For example Sanji, do you really think when he was introduced the author had any of the Germa shit in mind? No. No he didn't.

With HxH it feels like everything is intentional and all the backstories of the characters are known as soon as they're introduced, and the author isn't just retroactively trying to make them flow within the story.

OP is also bloated with shallow story lines and characters that are only there to extend the story so it can be milked for more money. There is so much garbage piled over the half decent story that it just makes it so tedious to go through.

HxH has a focused tight story throughout every arc and as a whole, and still manages to have an expansive world full of adventure. I won't say HxH's story is better because Togashi isn't trying to milk it endlessly, because that would be insulting the vast difference in writing talent between Togashi and Oda. Though I'm sure it plays a role.

Why do you guys like One Piece so much? It's the Mcdonalds equivalent of manga.
>>
>>159325290
>Why do some people think One Piece is better than Hunter x Hunter?
It actually updates.
>>
>>159325290
Ledditors who think that updates = quality, even if a single HxH chapter has more content and quality than 5 OP volumes.
>>
>>159325356
Why is that a factor? Quality > Quantity. I'm not 80 years old, I can wait good quality.
>>
>>159325290

We don't need anymore fags in the HXH fanbase. Let them enjoy their One Piece, just as long as they leave us alone. But, threads like this don't help.
>>
>>159325290

It's not that people think OP is better than HXH. It's just that HXH is absolute shit and Op is decent.
>>
>>159325290
Because the world building makes my dick hard. There's a list of places that I can't wait to see in the one piece world.
>>
obvious bait is obvious
>>
>>159325451
Why though? Every single place that seemed like it was interesting has been a let down. The new world for example, complete garbage. Oda keeps baiting you guys with an interesting idea, but always fails to deliver with his lack luster writing ability. It's always shallow characters and shallow story. Which is ironic for a story set in the ocean.
>>
>>159325418

It's bait you retard.
>>
The entire log-post system Islands on the grand line was a plot device so Oda can extend the story indefinitely. Basically, because each island has it's own magnetic field, they can't use compasses. Instead, they need a log-post to memorize each islands unique field one at a time until they reach raftel. The problem is Oda (purposely) never told us how many islands they have to keep hopping to before they reach The One Piece. So, he can essentially stick an indefinite amount of islands between the start of the series to the end. It's set up in such an artificial way that more or less lends itself to justify the Strawhats bs island hopping. It's shit, never got why people weren't more critical of this garbage.
>>
one piece is shit
>>
Good world building good characterisation and exploration and character interactions. Fun fights and proper use of a formula that manages to stay fresh after 700+ chapters.HxH is great character and story wise with an interesting world but the manga looks like shit and I for one didn't like that Gon barely suffered anything from his dark transformation. Also best boy Leorio doesn't have enough screen time.
>>
>>159327340
>for one didn't like that Gon barely suffered anything from his dark transformation.

Spot the speed reader.
>>
>>159327456
Killua uses the Dragon Balls and Gon is fine
>>
>>159327340
>Good world building good characterisation and exploration and character interactions.

but this is not true
>>
>>159327587
>Gon is fine

He has no nen, how is that no consequence.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.