[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: latestcb20130106092841.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latestcb20130106092841.png
1MB, 1280x720px
So, I just finished watching Labyrinth of Magic, and I have to ask: am I supposed to like Sinbad? I have never seen a more blatant Mary Sue in my life. I'm not throwing out random buzzwords here, the show just isn't even trying to hide it. He's the strongest in the entire show by a mile, and anyone even remotely his level is part of his army. He somehow built an entire utopia single-handedly, Any sort of conflict is borderline non-existent because he's apparently a keikaku master on top of being ludicrously strong. He is never, NEVER in the wrong, and everyone practically lines up to sing praises of how grateful they are to even be near his very existence, and everyone who doesn't is the embodiment of evil. It doesn't help how he slowly ends up consuming the rest of the season the moment he forcefully drags Alibaba to Syndria. The ending where he goes full Kingdom Hearts is the cherry on top of this shit sundae.

I'm just asking, does he get better? Would watching the prequels help me warm up to him, or do the sequels flesh him out better?
Because otherwise I really like this show, it's just that Sinbad ruins it for me.
>>
>>159310257

Read the manga.
>>
There's this one part where he decides to kill everyone and remake existence because people around him started to show that they might not need him to save them and the future forever from everything.
>>
>>159311003
Just how much does the anime leave out exactly?
I'm down for giving the manga either way, I'm just wondering if it's absolutely necessary if I want to continue with the other series'.

>>159311009
Huh, so the Mary Sue bullshit was intentional then? Or was that just something added later after realizing how awful he is?
>>
>>159310257
>He somehow built an entire utopia single-handedly

He went through some bullshit to build that with friends and his waifu dying, at one point he got forced in to be a literal slave since he fucked up with his company. He spent most of his childhood trying to build/find his own land in his manga which you see the result of in the magi anime

Don't even know why you're complaining since i'm pretty sure S2 barely had him do shit besides the ending and spent most of the episodes getting the main trio stronger and focused on the war
>>
>>159312967
>Don't even know why you're complaining since i'm pretty sure S2 barely had him do shit besides the ending and spent most of the episodes getting the main trio stronger and focused on the war

Because for the most part, he feels like he's there solely to outshine the protagonists. Alibaba's entire struggle was about him trying to redeem himself as a prince and try to rebuild and bring peace to the country he abandoned. And then here comes Big Dick Sinbad, who not only did everything Alibaba set out to do and then some, but completely stripped Alibaba of his chance to do that himself. And while I get his chances were slim, I would've at the very least liked to see how Alibaba would've tried to handle it on his own rather than relying on Sinbad like everyone else does.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.