[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there an /a/ artist who can age characters better than Toriyama?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: hrgfd.png (4MB, 1164x2124px) Image search: [Google]
hrgfd.png
4MB, 1164x2124px
Is there an /a/ artist who can age characters better than Toriyama?
>>
File: 1496828894097.jpg (45KB, 696x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496828894097.jpg
45KB, 696x720px
>>159274295
I don't know about art, but his character development is either meh or horrible.

Piccolo went from feared monster to just another jobber on the side who is not relevant to the plot. Sadly his only respected showings were through his arc to the Frieza arc and even then he jobbed in all of them due to muh plot.

Chi-Chi was cute and waifu material (Not a waifu fag) but due to Goku giving her PTSD from his fight with piccolo she became and because Toriyama wanted "le funny crazy mother stereotype" she became just another woman with bipolar disorder sadly. Worse, they decided to change her nice hairstyle in the Buu saga and made her an old lady.

Bulma was always a whore, but I was still okay with her, even now. Just the typical irrelevant "mechanical sciencey" person in the show. Super tries to make some scenes with her and her family trying to remind us that she was a main (supporting) character, but those scenes mean nothing when in the next few episodes she's acting like a whore again. I'll give her that she did help a lot with her technology.

Goku changed a bit. When he was a kid, he was more violent and somewhat more reasonable. As an adult he became more autistic yet softer, especially in Super.

Vegeta undoubtly had the biggest character development in the show. Even though I hate nu-Vegeta and I prefer the one from the Saiyan saga, I will not deny that he did go through a big change. I honestly just wish Dragonball did something different with him instead of making him one of the guys. I miss his old douchebag arrogant and evil personality.
>>
>>159274295
that looks like shit so yeah probably
>>
File: protect_that_smile.jpg (25KB, 241x225px) Image search: [Google]
protect_that_smile.jpg
25KB, 241x225px
>>159274295
>>
>>159274295
FMA. The characters' physical growth was so subtle that you didn't realize how much older they looked until the very end.
>>
>>159276621
How can you say it's character development when it all happens offscreen? The audience is just supposed to take at face value that Bulma was attracted enough to a murderous alien to have sex with and marry him.
>>
File: 015.jpg (224KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
015.jpg
224KB, 1024x1536px
>>159276621
The most relevant Piccolo ever was was during the Android Saga
>>
>>159279797
yup. His last descent fight was vs Android 17, everything after that is jobbing.
>>
>>159274295
>toriyama
>all pics are from the anime.
Come on anon, At least try a little.
>>
they looked fine in DBZ
>>
>>159279797
Are you serious? Toriyama basically offscreened a likeable character permanently for the sake of yet another jobbing.
>>
>>159279797
Isn't Piccolo the favorite Toriyama character? I think is the reason he became Gohan 2nd father.
>>
File: 1470898670964.png (907KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470898670964.png
907KB, 1280x720px
>>159276621
>Piccolo went from feared monster to just another jobber on the side who is not relevant to the plot.
>Vegeta undoubtly had the biggest character development in the show. Even though I hate nu-Vegeta and I prefer the one from the Saiyan saga, I will not deny that he did go through a big change. I honestly just wish Dragonball did something different with him instead of making him one of the guys. I miss his old douchebag arrogant and evil personality.
All character development that Piccolo should've had went to Vegeta, making Piccolo superfluous thus irrelevant. Think about it, through his whole "being the dad Gohan never had" arc we actually have a solid reason for Piccolo to become somewhat less of a villain, but after that he became kind of unimportant.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.