[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DESERT PUNK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 487304.jpg (964KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
487304.jpg
964KB, 1280x1024px
What did /a/ make of this show? I like Kanta's unusual arc as an unlikable anti-hero who develops along the way but ultimately sticks to his principles. The latter half of the show took a serious nosedive though

Also, is the manga worth reading?
>>
>>159259000
>is the manga worth reading?

This is a dumbass question on /a/ it's like going to /it/ with a Harry Potter movie poster and asking if the books are worth reading?

The manga is the source material and very few anime are actually 1/1 with their manga so of course there'd be things you're missing out on.
>>
>>159259000
>The latter half of the show took a serious nosedive though
but that's wrong
>>
>>159259000
The only things I remember are that destiny of the desert was a god-like op, and that the manga had been on hiatus for ages.
>>
Oh, and while the manga is nice, translation are ridiculously slow. No idea why.
>>
>>159259152
>it's like going to /it/ with a Harry Potter movie poster and asking if the books are worth reading?
No it's not dumbass. The Desert Punk manga isn't even close to as good as the anime was and it's not even fully translated and scanned yet. OP should skip out on it.

I see you've misunderstood the question which is easy to see why considering your low intelligence.

Also harry potter is shit, the books and the movies.
>>
Its one of those shows that carried entirely by the GOAT MC.

also every mexican I know loves this show, did it air in Latin America or something?
>>
>>159259000
The voice acting was really good, I liked the way Kanta, and Kosuna, changed their tone of speech with exaggerated syllables, plus Wakamoto.
>>
>>159259320
I liked the direction it went in but it got too wrapped up in all plotlines and new character motives. It needed at least another half a season to really tell that story.

>>159259361
I preferred the first OP, way more memorable

>>159259867
Yeah Kanta was a show-stealer, I was kind of hoping Kosuna would have a better arc after Kanta leaves. They should've leapt forward a few years instead of 6 months, Kanta's return would've had more weight to it'd be interesting to see how years on her own would affect Kosuna
>>
>>159260136
The manga has a time skip with Kosuna.
>>
>>159259000
It became unwatchable when he took the mask off. It was alright-ish before that. His "i'm so perverted XD" antics really rub me the wrong way.
>>
>>159260356
But that was his entire character.
>>
The english dub is great if your into that.
>>
>>159260495
Desert Punk I think is generally regarded as one of those series where the dub is just superior.
>>
START WITH ONCE CIRCLE
>>
>>159260277
Huh, might give it a shot then

>>159260495
That's actually how I watched it. Probably helps that Kanta's VA is the same guy who wrote the English script
>>
>>159260356
you'd have a point if his antics weren't hilarious.
>>
where does the anime leave off? like what chapter do I start on if I finished the anime?
>>
>>159260685
NO. English dub doesn't have Wakamoto.
>>
>>159259393
99% of manga are far better than their anime adaptation. Or just source material in general is almost always better.
>>
>>159264665
this is in that 1% tho
>>
File: Kanta__.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Kanta__.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>159259000

This is one of the few shows where I actually prefer the English dub.
>>
>>159259000
liked Kanta beacuse he was not some big shoot or no goody two shoes. he worked his ass off the be as good of a fighter and did not do any Charity work.

i was a bit surprised that he killed his childhood mentor and joined up with the big bad government beacuse they simply paid him more and gave him better gear.

overall, it was a alright show. good comedy and alright characters. kanta being the star of the show.
>>
>>159260356
i laugh how ugly he was and the way they showed it like it was no big deal.
>>
>>159259867
junko episodes are great tho
>>
>>159267111
>killed his childhood mentor
That was just a shopkeeper, his father taught him everything he knows.
>>
>>159267276
No they weren't. Junko is a terrible character
>>
>>159259000
I agree. Those Kosuna episodes were fucking terrible
>>159259320
The episodes before Kanta meets up with the old guy again were fine its just that everything after that sucked.
>>159260277
>>159260761
The manga isn't as good once Kanta leaves and it doesn't help that the mangaka seems to not give a shit anymore given the frequent hiatuses and how the its gone absolutely nowhere since the Kanta reveal. The anime pretty much ended at the best possible spot so you don't really need to invest in the series beyond that.
>>
>>159267111
It shouldn't be surprising if you had been paying attention to his actions throughout the show.
>>
>>159259000
I like the anime a lot better than the manga for once.
>>
>>159268403
i did not think he would go that far.
>>
>>159269410
You're too used to characters who act like dicks but have some hidden heart of gold. Kanta really is a shameless backstabbing asshole.
>>
>>159259393
>anime
>good
>desert punk
>implying
>>
>>159269568
That's what I like about him. I don't get how people are so surprised at his betrayal when he's literally a selfish, self-serving dick the entire show. It's completely in line with his previous motivations
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.