[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /a/'s general opinion on assassination classroom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

File: assclass.jpg (312KB, 1600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
assclass.jpg
312KB, 1600x1024px
What's /a/'s general opinion on assassination classroom?
Watched the first season, and personally think it was decent, but wanted to hear what other people think about it.
>>
good comedy with one of the best girls(male) in recent years
>>
>>159236900
>implying it isnt just a boy
Someone with shiota in their name probably isnt/hasnt been female, honestly
>>
>>159235956
Stupid concept but good execution.
>>
I'm sucker for character development.
And this was best examples of top-tier character development.
>>
>>159235956
Traps, tentacles, child assassins, comedy gags, drama over past scars, memorable character development. It's an anime that has everything that represents the term "anime." It's a glorious masterpiece.
>>
>>159237224
>this was best examples of top-tier character development.
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? the characters have no personality.
>>
>>159235956
Naruto-like shit with meaningless cringy dialogs. Composition is boring, characters are badly written, main hero is an octopus. 1\10, but there's a trap boi so 3\10.
>>
>>159240163
But they do though
>>
>>159235956
It's good if you can stand the silly shit the author pulled off. I can't though.
>>
>>159235956
Did the green hair girl ever got any development?
Also wtf is with the principal? Is he an alien/mutant too?
>>
>>159240540
Most of them are totally forgettable and the praised character development is done under high doses of plot convenience.
>>
>>159240927
>characters have personalities
>NO THEY DON'T
>but they do
>BUT THOSE PERSONALITIES ARE NOT PERSONALITIES

baka desu senpai.
>>
File: 1469810144816.png (304KB, 712x509px) Image search: [Google]
1469810144816.png
304KB, 712x509px
I liked the early episodes a lot, but stopped when they got to the island and had to infiltrate that building because everyone was sick or whatever. I did this with both the manga and the anime.

My favourite parts of the show were when you'd see that Koro Sensei really liked being a teacher and pal around with the kids. I think my favourite parts were the introduction of Irina and that time they went on vacation.
>>
>>159240927
now that i think about it, yea. you're kinda right.
Only characters i remember are the octopus, that one female teacher, shiota and some other student from the main school.
>>
If I want to experience this, Anime or Manga?
>>
Hai guise look I'm cool assassin I killed a bunch of people but it's okay I'm a super fast alien now
>>
>>159240927
>>159241733
Just because you have Alzheimer's doesn't mean the characters are forgettable
>>
>>159241774
>i was an assassin in the past so that means I must be an evil monster
How shallow can you be?
>>
>>159241793
rude
>>
I just finished it recently and very much enjoyed it. It was genuinely funny and I felt attached to the characters.
>>
File: uselesschara.jpg (32KB, 294x423px) Image search: [Google]
uselesschara.jpg
32KB, 294x423px
>>159241793
Ok, tell me five things that make pic related an interesting or at least charismatic character?
>>
>>159241793
99% of them are just plot devices, man. you have to be a big fanboy to not recognize this.
>>
>>159241793
Like 8/10 of the classroom don't have anything interesting going for them. A single quirk and some meaningless interactions and that's it.
>>
HELLO SHOOTING STAR HELLO SHOOTING STAR AGAIN
>>
There are series that even if the characters don't have much screentime, they can at least be charismatic (ex: Dragon Ball, Boku no Hero, Haikyuu). This doesn't happen in AssClass, they are always bland as fuck. And when they have the possibility to improve this, they continue to be bland as fuck (ex: Kayano).
>>
>>159242044
I remember her on the Valentine's day thing
>>159242101
>>159242124
80% is really an exaggeration
Most of them are the focus in an arc
Nagisa, Karma, Kaede, Ritsu, Itona, Ryoma, Rinka, and Ryunosuke are absolutely fundamental for the plot
That's more than 1/4th of the class being main characters
And the rest aren't bland
Plus all the other characters that aren't from 3-E
>>
The parts where Karma and Nagisa spoke English to the American exchange students and the astronauts were funny.
You could tell that the people speaking English weren't native speakers and were just Nips trying their hardest to sound American.
>>
File: compensated dating.jpg (368KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
compensated dating.jpg
368KB, 1280x720px
>>159242416
Karma was always fucking hilarious
>>
>>159241772
both
the adaption is great but it leaves some details out
>>
File: 1496341862785.png (979KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496341862785.png
979KB, 1280x720px
Gay ending??
>>
Litmus test for underages
It wasn't garbage, but anyone who thinks it's revolutionary is either 14 or reads like a 14-year old.
>>
>>159242396
Being relevant to the plot does not make them good and memorable characters, makes them just plot devices.
>Ryunosuke
I had to googled. Their only function is to shoot. In terms of personality, charisma and depth, they have nothing to offer.
>>
it was fun, nothing impact tho.
The best thing about the series is the satisfaction when Class E won over other classes and sharted on Class A on every big occasions like the tests or the sport festival
>>
>>159242687
>Rinka*
>>
>>159242687
>>159242733
Yes it does, they're the guys who nearly killed Korosensei
The first to get that close, they got so close they made him use his trump card
And then there was the scene where they get over their failure and manage to save everyone's lives
>>
>>159242816
P L O T D E V I C E S
If you replaced Rinka with another it would not make any difference, because they exist purely to perform specific functions. They have nothing beyond that.
>>
>>159243015
Yes it would, if you replace Rinka, you wouldn't have a gunman that's that good and the entire plot falls apart
>>
Karma best boy.
>>
>>159243063
What I meant was that she's a function, not a character. She does not have traits besides being a sniper. We only see her when the a sniper is requested. See Zoro, from OP, he is the swordsman of the group, but he does not exist just for this function, he loses himself easy, he sleeps all the time, a bit grumpy, a bit clumsy, he has dreams, he likes his friends. Is Zoro a great character? Not really, but he is a character, he exists beyond the plot, Rinka does not.
>>
>>159243281
Rinka also has doubts on her ability, later helps the class again in the tower assault, and has a lot of synergy with Ryunosuke
>>
horribly disappointing after neuro
>>
>>159243438
Yeah, they both appear every 50 chapters to ... shoot.
>>
>>159243541
>As if Majin Asspulls Neuro was good
>>
>>159240243
>Characters are badly written
Nigga FUCK you
>>
>>159235956
I really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately I already know how it ends, but I'll still probably watch the next season anyway.
>>
>>159243994
not him, but they are
>>
Plot was pants-on-head retarded, but it was pretty cute. Only had a few good characters, though. Karma, Nagisa, Baseball, Principal, Crow, Delinquent. Everyone else was retarded.

Sameface was bad. I spent most of the manga thinking Karma was actually principal's son because he looks exactly like perfectionist not!Karma.
>>
>>159243995
I mean, everyone knows how it ends by episode 1.
>>
>>159244286
Because not everyone got enough screentime?
Nagisa, Karma, Kayano and a fuckhuge chunk of class E were excellently written. There wasn't a single student that felt similar to another and they all had believable goals and motivations for why they acted the way they did.
>>
Did they ever go into who was hand in the movie?
>>
>>159235956
>What's /a/'s general opinion on_______
Tell me how this isn't code for "tell me what to think so I can fit in?"
>>
>>159244876
I simply wanted to see how other people's opinions on it were compared to mine. Is there something wrong with that?
No-one here is going to be able to change my opinion on the show, since i've already watched it and decided on what my opinion is.
>>
>>159244876
>>159245029
It's just a bad way to phrase it. Also /a/ has varied taste on anything. The "general opinion" of /a/ could be different depending on what time you post.
>>
>>159245119
Still, most people seemed to understand what i was implying with "general taste of a", as evidenced by the replies in this thread.
>>
>>159237121
I don't know if they explain it in the anime but in the manga his mother always wanted a daughter so she sneaks hormones into nagisa's food, nagisa knows about it but doesn't confront her and just figures he'll leave her when he turns 18 so he's not trying to be a trap and doesn't really want to be, but there's a canon reason why he has feminine hips
>>
>>159235956
Season 2 is way better than season 1.
>>
>>159244609
>Nagisa, Karma, Kayano and a fuckhuge chunk of class E were excellently written.
>Nagisa
almost a gary-stu, whenever some challenge appeared, he wins with his clap of death or muh bloodlust.
>Karma
in a chapter learned to be more humble, in the other was already playing the killua wannabe again
>Kayano
useless comic relief that had the chance to develop but failed and became romantic relief
>There wasn't a single student that felt similar to another
as the other anon said, they were more devices than people. each one played a very specific role (the class representant, the scientist girl, the nerd, etc.) and that's it. they have no personality or depth. even the author said that they were created to be seen more as a unit than as individuals.

their development is always like this: some shit happens only so that the teacher can teach something, after that the student evolves / wins. and then he disappears of the story. this is lazy writing.
>>
>>159245407
he wins INSTANTLY with his clap of death or muh bloodlust.
>>
I like gymnast girl
>>
>>159245494
The clap of death was stupid as hell for sure.
>>
>>159245791
The only time I thought this was going to change was during the fight against God of Death, but in the next arc Nagisa was already using the technique again. It's hard to talk about character growth when he got what he wanted without effort.
>>
>>159245634
Honestly robot girl is best girl
>>
File: d64af218d460541cf9a69bbd_hq.gif (128KB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
d64af218d460541cf9a69bbd_hq.gif
128KB, 400x222px
I liked the twist.
>>
I loved AssClass and I'm not entirely sure why.
>>
File: 1472512594326.jpg (166KB, 541x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472512594326.jpg
166KB, 541x800px
Which characters lost virginity by the end of the show?
>>
>>159246797
Likable characters go a long way
>>
>>159235956
I read the manga to the end. Was decent. Actually ended properly instead of dragging on until it was canceled.
>>
The English in the openings was wonderful.
>>
>spend entire manga teaching children to fight the system
>end it with a bite it and don't fight society lesson
I hate Japanese mentality.
>>
>>159235956
Decent. The problem is that there's too many characters, and I don't think the author was able to handle so many. Neuro was better.
>>
>>159245287
There were no hormones, she just made him grow his hair out.
>>
That scene where Karma pictures that teacher's face turning into a skull scared the living hell out of me. I found it deeply unnerving for some reason.
>>
>>159235956
first season was mediocre but the second season was somewhat better and i don't know if you needed a somewhat boring two season commitment for the emotional payoff
>>
Koro-Sensei and the original homeroom teacher were the best couple.
>>
>We truly were the assassination classroom
what was the hack who wrote this garbage thinking?
>>
How much does S2 cover?
>>
>>159253473
The whole thing

I love the whole show. I was a great coming of age story.
>>
>>159235956
Characters weren't developed enough; I couldn't even remember anyone's name, and yet the author kept expanding the cast. They all bored me and Sensei wasn't a compelling enough character to hold my interest.
>>
I liked that ending of season 1.
>>
>>159235956
Complete garbage.
>>
>>159236900
Miracle of the universe
>>
>>159255248
Oh really?
I thought the manga ended after the anime did
>>
>>159255753
It ended with the manga. The best way unlike all the anime with no conclusions. The ending was poignant.
>>
>>159241824
Murderer is a murderer
>>
>>159256001
Yes but a paid assassin is a different type of murderer.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.