[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think of Gunslinger Girl?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1467701923890.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1467701923890.png
1MB, 1024x768px
What does /a/ think of Gunslinger Girl?
>>
>>159210585
first season is okay, second season is an abortion, the manga is fantastic.

the best thing about the anime is the opening by KOKIA and Triela's theme from the soundtrack
>>
File: 2759689.jpg (194KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
2759689.jpg
194KB, 600x800px
I haven't watched the anime but the manga is great, especially for how down-to-earth it considering the premise. I think it peaked with Pinocchio and Triela's backstory chapters but I loved it to the very end Aside from Triela's daughter shilling on Kickstarter, I didn't even mind Petra but she definitely stole a lot of panel time from the other girls.
>>
File: 1383469732922.jpg (938KB, 1500x910px) Image search: [Google]
1383469732922.jpg
938KB, 1500x910px
>>159212080
>it considering
*it is considering
Just an excuse to post more Triela
>>
>>159212080
I was never really clear on Petra's end- they showed her old friend a video of her doing ballet, but was that filmed during or after the events of the story? Was she already dead at the time?
>>
File: Gunslinger.Girl.full.1149914.jpg (174KB, 535x800px) Image search: [Google]
Gunslinger.Girl.full.1149914.jpg
174KB, 535x800px
>>159212230
I'm pretty sure she was dead by the time he showed her friend the video, what with the whole Dying Swan symbolism
>>
I watched it but I can't remember anything about it. It must be bad.
>>
First season is my personal benchmark for a 6/10 anime. Nothing really wrong with it, and has at least a few memorable characters and scenes, but overall doesn't really feel that unique or resonate with me beyond surface level.
Haven't seen S2 but the consensus seems to be that it's shit, and I don't feel especially compelled to read the manga.
Other anons may disagree and that's fine, it's just not my thing.
>>
>>159210585
The manga was pretty good. I still remember Angelica's prince of pasta story.

Triela best girl.
>>
>>159210585

Didn't like the first season extremely much, didn't find the second season to be quite that horrible apart from the extreme difference in voices and visuals compared to the first season feeling weird for the first few episodes. I did like the manga a lot, though.

And Triela was best girl.
>>
>>159210585
I cried at the end of season 1, animation is dated but the feels are eternal
>>
/k/ approved
>>
Recently watched and loved the first season.

The premise seems stupid but it's played very well with a kind of realistic tone.
I like how the focus is on the girls and their situation,the assassinations and the actions were secondary, i was perfectly ok with a chapter being about just them talking.

More than an action show, i'd say is a slice of life with a heavy atmosphere, with the focus on the characters and a plot that develops in the background.

Second season is garbage. I want to read the manga at some point.
>>
>>159213199
>animation is dated

It's fine, some current shows are worst.
The action is great, and the style is appropriate to the general tone of the show.
>>
>>159211849
>the best thing about the anime is the opening by KOKIA

>Not by the delgados.

sub-human plebian
>>
First season is wonderful, the music, and the use of it, is an exceptional highlight. I liked how everything was paced more slowly, without too much bombastic drama, but more subtle melancholy.

Although the action and animation are somewhat dated, it still looks good because of the well-done direction.

Just recently saw the first episode of season two and it's shit; Don't waste your time.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.