[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>generic sports manga >writer leaves, artist takes over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: kokou_no_hito.jpg (258KB, 1200x866px) Image search: [Google]
kokou_no_hito.jpg
258KB, 1200x866px
>generic sports manga
>writer leaves, artist takes over writing
>both the story and the artwork improve exponentially
>story proceeds to shit all over the clichéd plot threads from earlier and the whole thing goes in a far more unique direction
>edgy rival character that was introduced at the start isn't seen again until the very end when he is found frozen to death on K2 for being a dipshit

what other manga improved after a change in contributers?
>>
>>159200251
is that what happened?
Holy fuck, who knew the artist was such a fantastic storyteller?
>>
>>159200251
what sport is this about?

I'll read it if isn't about boxing or martial arts
>>
>>159200634
mountain climbing
it's so good that reading it made want to scale K2
>>
>>159200251
Almost everybody forgets there was a writer involved but I believe that writer was just there because they were adapting a novel so you can't really place any claims on the quality of it without also reading the novel (as in was it the writer's fault or did Shinichi just completely abandon the novel)
>>
>>159200634
assuming the filename is accurate it's about rock climbing
>>
>>159200634
Mountain climbing

>>159200485
Yes, there's a big shift after volume 3 where the author starts using the visuals to tell the story and get in the character's head.
>>
File: aha.png (276KB, 840x553px) Image search: [Google]
aha.png
276KB, 840x553px
??
>>
>>159200867
It started as a loose adaptation of the novel, it did kind of feel like a sports manga in the beginning despite being an adaptation or a novel.
Sakamoto probably only took it closer to the original, though I assume it's still heavily modified.
The change is accentuated by the style shift as said here >>159200877
>>
Shamo had a similar story, but i don't know if it improved or not
>>
>>159201292
All I hear about Shamo is that it got progressively worse.
It felt kind of directionless even in the beginning. I didn't get very far.
>>
>>159201491
I got through ten volumes and still wasn't entirely sure what the point was. The art was nice though.
>>
>>159201790
I felt like they were going for some edgy parallel to Ashita no Joe, or at least I couldn't help but draw comparisons between the opening settings, it just never went anywhere.
>>
>>159201292
shamo got mediocre then fucking died when the original author left at chapter 200
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.