[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Light just give Ryuk some apples in exchange

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

File: downloadfile.gif (2MB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.gif
2MB, 400x222px
Why didn't Light just give Ryuk some apples in exchange for telling him L's name? We already know he was willing to do Light favours from when he scouted his room for cameras so why didn't he just do the same thing?
>>
He would get half of Light's life expectancy. I'm no shinigami, but that may be better than some apples.
>>
>>159135815
Basic math

More lifespan = More apples
>>
Giving a name to a death note user is completely different than telling him where some cameras are. Especially when the bargain exists.
>>
>The god of death must not tell humans the names or life spans of individuals he sees. This is to avoid confusion in the human world.

Look up the fucking rules before killing a thread
>>
>>159135643
Light wasn't able to kill L anyway since L himself revelead his identity to him and killing him would just make him more suspicious, he said so himself.

he had to put it off until Misa appeared and then until he got his memories back.
>>
Light literally could have just made him fall down the stairs or some shit.
>>
>>159135643
In-universe rules. Shinigami can't do that.
>>
>>159135815
Shinigami probably have hundreds of thousands of years racked up to begin with.
>>
>>159136063
kek
>>
>>159135643
He's on the run from the shinigami police for theft do you really want to add leaking confidential information onto that?
>>
>>159136193
The shinigami police don't know he stole a death note.
>>
>>159136090
>>159136044
This
The real question is
>why didn't Light give him some apples in exchange for Ryuk killing L
>>
Cause that would be boring.
Ryuk just want to be entertained.

>>159136063
kek
>>
>>159137254
Though unlikely, Ryuk would risk dying by helping Light's agenda

and >>159137339
>>
>>159137405
They don't die if it's not love
Otherwise everytime a shinigami kills a person they have the possibility to die
>oh you killed this 20 year old guy?
>well later on in life he was supposed to run over and kill a young girl
>you're fucking dead you dumb shinigami
>>
there's probably an answer to this that I've forgotten, but why didn't Light just write his own name in the book like "Light Yamagi, dies on his 90th birthday in his sleep after getting a ton of pussy and being successful in all of his endeavors" ?
>>
>>159136107
Sidooh was implied to have less than a humans lifespan in years left. It depends on their "kills" ranking
>>
>>159137496
no it doesnt work like that. if the shinigami kills someone to directly make someone else live longer, then they die. nothing to do with love, the shinigami who saved misa and died just loved her by coincidence
>>
>>159137558
23 day rule IIRC
>>
>>159136107
We know that's bullshit tho. When mello gets the death note that other shinigami only was looking for it because he was running out of time.
>>
>>159137558
You cant control the date of death if its beyond a certain time which I think is a month. They also cant be controlled past that point. Also the death note doesnt control destiny and will often fail to accomplish unreasonable things related to the way of death. In the manga it was shown to fail on things as simple as making someone say "I think L is Kira" before they died, because they didnt really think that
>>
>>159136107
some might, but they say that some just got lazy and didn't bother
>>
>>159137611
So if Ryuk kills L than he's got nothing to fear
>>
>>159137254
Ryuk was on earth to have fun.
It wouldn't be any fun if he just killed L.
>>
>>159136045
At that point in the story, were they aware Kira could kill people without using a heart attack? Light could have just done >>159136063
>>
>>159135643
Better question is why was the whole second half of the show garbage? The first half was already a little retarded considering all the "mind" games were used to assume hilariously improbable things.
>>
>>159137644
well rem died because she saved misa, so ryuk would have died too most likely
>>
>>159137680
Only the resolution was garbage, the second half is actually okay, even better than the dull ziabatsu arc (even if it did lead to a really good payoff).
>>
>>159137611
How to Use: XVII
If the god of death decides to use the Death Note to kill the assassin of an individual he favors, the individual's life will be extended, but the god of death will die.
>favors
>>
>>159137680
thats not a better question desu
>>
>>159137718
favors doesn't mean love. light was kind of ryuk's master. so he wouldn't have just killed l out of nowhere. also he knew light wanted him to kill l.
>>
>>159137790
I'm not involved in this conversation you are in just saying that the shinigami needs to favor/love/like/think he has nice hair in order to perish by killing their assassin
>>
>>159137830
but ryuk would be going out of his way to kill l. he wouldn't kill l for no reason. also ryuk and light had bonded. ryuk was basically the only person light hung out with.
>>
>>159137848
again I didnt even read the reply chain so I dont know context of what you said and dont want to
>>
>>159137871
so what are you trying to do?
>>
>>159137878
correct you in a minor way
>>
Could Light write his own name in the Death Note with "will die in 70 years during sleep" to make himself invulnerable?
>>
>>159138095
>spends 70 years as a vegetable on a hospital bed
>>
>>159138005
how can you correct me if you didn't even read what's going on?
>>
>>159138095
he could not because the person has to die in 20 days after their name is written in the note, there is a time limit or something like that
>>
>>159138095
23 day rule
>>
>>159137558
He did that in the movie, it was all according to kiekaku. L caught Kira, finished the case and died at the end.
>>
>>159135643
what makes you think that Ryuk was dependent on Light to provide Apples?
>>
>>159138095
There's a rule that makes the note only work for 21 days or something. Basically you can't cheat your way through life like that. Hell, the note is actually limited as fuck. You can only target one person and you can't make that person hurt others as a consequence. The damage has to be inflicted one person at a time. So you can't just say this person will kill everyone around him before dying sort of shit.
>>
>>159138322
What if I write that he will die by suicide after lighting a fire? He will still inadvertently kill everyone in his house that way.
>>
>>159135643
why don't you write your own manga ?
>>
>>159137665
I just speedread some of my DN volumes to find the answer. Misora Naomi was the first one to suspect about it (she even told Light about it) We know L knows once everyone reads the Death Note rules (along with the fake rules) once they capture the Third Kira. if he suspected it or not not is never shown, but he did know Kira could manipulate the victims action minutes before they died.
>>
>>159138370
Everyone else would escape the house. That's a terrible example.
>>
>>159135643
In the first half L flat out revealed himself like others mentioned. In the second half, pulling that shit on Near woulda been tantamount to admitting he was weaker, which considering his god complex seems like an unlikely thing. "Hur dur Near's no L he sux lol btw I can't do this by myself halp plis!"

Somehow I think Light woulda been more inclined to gouge out his own eyeball and eat it rather than admit such a thing considering his opinion of the Derp Duo.
>>
>>159138846
It could still work
The people who escaped would go to a hospital and a police station and be identified because of the investigation on the fire
>>
>>159135643
In the musical Light killed L, successfully blamed Kira murders on him and found himself with no opponents, since there was no orphanage in the musical. Ryuk killed him right away, because he lost interest.
>>
>>159139606
Best ending
>>
File: 1182933069314.jpg (29KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1182933069314.jpg
29KB, 704x396px
Death by drowning?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.