[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bang

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

File: l_e9da7ae9.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
l_e9da7ae9.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
bang
>>
>>159134783
Manga death is better, one of the most satisfying and well deserved humiliation congas in manga.
Anime tried to grant undeserved dignity where it didn't belong.
>>
>>159135752
>dignity
Yes, we all know Light is the world's best swimming instructor.
>>
>>159135752
This. Light shouldn't have died with even a shred of dignity left intact. He should died the way he abhorred dying the most. Being outed as a criminal, hunted down by justice and dying unceremoniously. In that sense, even the Japanese live action did that death scene better than the anime.
>>
>>159135752
The problem is that the psychotic breakdown is out of character for Light, he starts begging, crying and that literally came out of nowhere, it breaks his established character way too much
It's like a bad fanfiction, actually the entire 2nd part is like a child's fanfiction where a self insert kid is even more smarter than L and he captures Kira because he's the smartest kid in the world
>>
>>159136508
Light was always like that, remember the infamous laughing scene? As L pointed out a few times in the beginning, Kira is childish in his thinking and behavior(because L recognized that he himself is no better in that aspect), only that this manchild has the i.q. of a genius
>>
>>159136508
light was under incredible stress, so how is him breaking down when he knows he's going to die out of character?
>>
>>159136586
>>159136713
He never cracked, he was emotional but a mental breakdown is completely out of the left field and only happens because the author said so
When ge met L he only started yelling at home
There were a million ways to get out of that situation, but again the author needed Kira to die so this happened
>you called this guy to trap me, you orchestrated this warehouse bullshit you suspiciously ordered your men to not do anything while he looked inside, this is a trap so you can frame me
>you have a death note? How do I know you're not Kira?
>my father who was on his deathbed proved I'm not Kira to my men, are you calling my father a liar? How dare a brat do that?
>are you gonna kill me here? That seems like proof you're you act just like Kira
>you're gonna take me to the police station? (Good so the cops loyal to Kira can kill them and help me)
Light did act over the top at times but the ending was just bad
>>
>>159136848
he was finally ousted as kira and proven guilty. his plan fell through completely. he trusted mikami and it failed him. matsuda shot him. he had a god complex and thought himself god. it is completely reasonable that someone would react like this.
>>
>>159136942
This. He was actually shot by Matsuda. The shock of having been shot and the blood loss alone would make someone delirious. That combined with the complete failure of his plan, him being proven guilty and his god delusions falling through the floor made him snap. Light has never been the most mentally stable person. A stable person would not have done the things he did. It makes sense that when everything is falling apart around him, he'd lose control of himself too and snap.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (37KB, 360x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
37KB, 360x200px
>>159136848
oh yes, because that is the face of someone projecting emotional stability
whenever he got cornered his fake maturity broke and we saw the childish loser he really was. So when he finally lost it all bursted out

You're just a butthurt light fanboy
>>
>>159136942
yeah, his break down seemed pretty natural to me. Just kind of hearkens back to when L speculated how childish Kira really was, so him acting like a complete brat after losing the whole game seems fitting.
>>
>>159136942
>>159137007
No he wasn't
He was just accused
The evidence was
>Mikami
He was a guy called by Near to frame me, it's all too coincidental and perfect for him, it's like he planned this whole thing
>the "I win"
I was just glad me and my men were safe
He was shot by Matsuda only after he went crazy and tried to write on a piece of the death note
Matsuda was always loyal to him and looked up to Light, if Light argued that it was all a plot to frame him Matsuda would have believed him
>>159137084
>>159137096
I said he was emotional, but he hadn't lost yet, L accused him of being Kira with circumstantial evidence already and he didn't go batshit insane, you'd expect after 5 years for a guy to be more mature than when before
It just makes no sense
>>
>>159137185
the man thought he was god. he was outsmarted and it happened because he relied on someone. you can't just judge him by his outward emotions. he probably knew he was done for was they got mikami. he got cocky cause he thought mikami was going to kill him. he also admitted to being kira because he knew that he couldn't make up some bullshit excuse about near framing him.
>>
>>159137185
While you make a good point with how he could have deflected Mikami and what he wrote in the fake notebook (not writing Light's name), spinning the whole "I win" part into what you're saying he could have done seems a bit far-fetched to me especially since he said it before the clock struck 40 seconds, but if that's how you feel then that's the way you feel I guess
>>
>>159137185
Personally I like to think Near just cheated. I believe he was in possession of a real Death Note and there were theories that he wrote Mikami's name down and set him up to fail. Maybe he could've also written down Light's name just in case and made sure he broke down and admitted his guilt. The original L was probably the one who came closest to naturally beating Kira without cheating. Near had to cheat and get Mello's help to win.
>>
>>159137390
l was the best detective. the three best detectives were all him, so of course he could've figured it out without 'cheating.' i don't think near cheated. he had a very extensive and genius team that with the 'help' of mikami found out. a guy on his literally copied mikami's entire notebook and handwriting. so he definitely didnn't cheat.
>>
>>159137264
But why?
It makes no sense?
>Mikami says he's working for me? You're trying to frame me
>How do we know he's not working for you?
>You have a death note, you didn't even react to the shinigami, that's not the reaction of a person who's never seen one before, which further proves you're Kira because you're familiar with them
>when we first me a shinigami people freaked out and you kept your cool, that's unbelievable
>you're saying you copied the entire death note in one day, that sounds like bullshit
>>159137359
>I said it before the 40 seconds? Are you sure about that, I counted to 42 seconds in my mind
>maybe I got a bit nervous and counted too fast
>were you counting from when the door opened or did you wait until the door got closed again?
This is literally nothing
>>159137390
This is the only possible solution
Mikami acts dumb because he's force to act dumb, Light does what he does because the death note tells him to
But there is a giant plot hole that makes it impossible
Ryuk wanted to kill Light, if someone else did it, then Ryuk would say it, and possibly get revenge
>>
>>159137595
light says that he won. that and mikami not writing his name is what ultimately got him.
>>
>>159137670
Again
>Mikami
He was a guy called by Near to frame me, it's all too coincidental and perfect for him, it's like he planned this whole thing
>the "I win"
I was just glad me and my men were safe
>>
>>159137711
he would not have said i win when talking about his whole team, that's ridiculous. and since they knew mikami was writing the names, they put two and two together. these are incredibly smart people, not some simpletons they found on the street. he gave himself up anyways, so what are we arguing about?
>>
>>159137711
He was already under heavy suspicion back then. Nothing he could say would have deflected it.
>>
>>159137758
Because there's no hard evidence
Mikami was writing the names because Near called him to frame Light
Light said I win because they were all safe
>>159137783
Under heavy suspicion from Near, not his own team except Aizawa, he was also under heavy suspicion from L before
>>
>>159137813
Only Matsuda trusted him at this point. Everyone else felt that Near had a point. Light was fucked no matter what he did. At best they'd lock him up.
>>
>>159137836
Also if you haven't noticed yet Light wasn't exactly stable at this point. He actually thought he could overturn the situation by killing Near in front of everyone and then argue his innocence.
>>
>>159137813
you keep on saying this shit about talking about his team is safe, but that means literally nothing and came from nowhere
>>
>>159137836
>they'd lock him up.
Sounds good, take him to the police station, the Kira cops are gonna be delighted to meet the guy they like so much
>>159137843
Which is completely out of character for him and can't be considered as proof of anything
>>159137863
It's a possible explanation Light can say about the "I win"
>of course I care about you guys
>you really think I don't?
>you really think I'm Kira and I don't care about you guys?
>I that were true I would have killed you before, this just further proves I'm not Kira
>>
>>159137909
light was not in the right state of mind when mikami got caught, so he couldn't think whatever ridiculous thing you came up with
>>
>>159137909
>Sounds good, take him to the police station, the Kira cops are gonna be delighted to meet the guy they like so much
They wont take him to a police station.

>Which is completely out of character for him and can't be considered as proof of anything
We're talking about Light. Light is fucking retarded. The first thing he did in the story was put his trip on and kill a lot of people to get known then get in a slapfight with the most obvious bait on TV.

>It's a possible explanation Light can say about the "I win"
They already suspected him so they'd lock him up anyway and see if the murder keep going after that or not. No more murders, here's your proof. Light was fucked.
>>
>>159137931
>ridiculous thing you came up with
It's fairly obvious stuff to say
And Light was in a bunch of tight spots before, he never went crazy like that
>>159137949
>They wont take him to a police station.
Then take him where?
>The first thing he did in the story was put his trip on and kill a lot of people to get known then get in a slapfight with the most obvious bait on TV.
He was inexperienced, he fucked up but never too much
>They already suspected him so they'd lock him up anyway and see if the murder keep going after that or not. No more murders, here's your proof. Light was fucked.
First of all, cops are on Kira's side, you lock him up, the cops kill whoever brought him in and then shake Kira's hand
Second of all, the death note was in Near's possession, if the murders stop it only means that Near isn't writing names anymore
Seriously Near is suspicious as fuck since he acts calm when a guy tries to peek, has a death note, knows all about the guy who showed up, doesn't react to the shinigami, yet nobody suspects him
>>
>>159137909
What's really out of character is Light not telling Mikami to test the notebook before coming despite knowing Near was trying to tamper with the notebook.

Also, Mikami already knew Giovanni's real name. He could have made him secretly take pictures of the SPK with a hidden camera and send them to him, and since Mikami has the eyes that's enough to kill them all.
>>
>>159138048
>Then take him where?
I'm sure they have places to lock him up forever. These are the kind of guys who can just drop money from the sky and break into a bank.

>He was inexperienced, he fucked up but never too much
He always did. Reminder that he managed to get found by L in one fucking volume.

>First of all, cops are on Kira's side, you lock him up, the cops kill whoever brought him in and then shake Kira's hand
The cops wont be involved.

>Second of all, the death note was in Near's possession, if the murders stop it only means that Near isn't writing names anymore
Near only claimed he changed Mikami's Death Note. He doesn't have a Death Note, and I'm sure they'd agree on a place to hide the Death Note so no one can access it while they wait to see if the murders keep happening.
>>
File: image.gif (535KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
535KB, 500x277px
Can someone explain me what this scene tried to convey?
>>
>>159138080
Or keep a page of the notebook in his underwear like Takada, it's not as sexy as her but it gets the job done
And yes not using Giovanni was dumb but we're only considering the warehouse now
Otherwise I can go back ages and make it much simpler for Light
>>159138102
Where? They're out of money and support, they don't have shit anymore the cops will be involved
>Near only claimed he changed Mikami's Death Note. He doesn't have a Death Note, and I'm sure they'd agree on a place to hide the Death Note so no one can access it while they wait to see if the murders keep happening.
Which is incriminating
>I have Kira's trademark weapon, if Kira doesn't kill anymore it means Light is Kira
See how retarded that sounds?
Near has the notebook, Near has the murder weapon and nobody thinks it's suspicious despite being very much so
>>
>>159138170
Light is reminiscing about his childhood.
>>
>>159138170
It contrasts his current defeated, pathetic, hellish state with how he was at peace prior to obtaining the notebook. It reminds you of the decent quiet life he could have led. Definitely the saddest moment of the show.
>>
>>159138191
>They're out of money and support, they don't have shit anymore the cops will be involved
Oh yeah that definitely stopped them from breaking into that vault. Lack of support stopped Mello from kidnapping Takada, right? Lack of support stopped L's investigation OH WAIT NO he actually got two motherfucking choppers and a building.
Stop being retarded.

>Near has the notebook, Near has the murder weapon and nobody thinks it's suspicious despite being very much so
They'd lock the notebook so nobody can use it for that time. This way, Near doesn't have the notebook. Simple.
>>
>>159138233
They clearly said throwing money from the sky blew the last amount of money L left them
>They'd lock the notebook so nobody can use it for that time. This way, Near doesn't have the notebook. Simple.
You still don't get the point so I'll explain it again
You're trying to catch Kira
Kira kills with the death note
Near now has Kira's death note
You lock up Light to check if he's Kira
If the murders stop he's Kira
This is all very stupid because as long as you have the death note in your possession obviously Kira isn't gonna kill because he doesn't have the means to do so anymore
With that reasoning you can lock up anyone, since the murders will obviously stop since the death note is in your hands, or locked up as well
It's absolutely pointless
The only thing having the death note does is cast a huge shadow of doubt on Near for having it in the first place
>>
>>159138325
>They clearly said throwing money from the sky blew the last amount of money L left them
Which is why they stopped operating from that point right? Oh wait no they fucking kidnapped people and kept doing shady shit.

>This is all very stupid because as long as you have the death note in your possession obviously Kira isn't gonna kill because he doesn't have the means to do so anymore
If you catch someone and take the Death Note (proven real, just touch it and you see the shinigami) from him, then he's Kira. He has a fucking Death Note with the names written in it. Stop being fucking retarded.
>>
>>159138367
>If you catch someone and take the Death Note (proven real, just touch it and you see the shinigami) from him, then he's Kira. He has a fucking Death Note with the names written in it. Stop being fucking retarded.
You're right, and who was the person with the death note? Near had the death note
So Near is Kira
>>
>>159138397
>You're right, and who was the person with the death note?
Mikami. Who hasn't written Light's name. Since Light was already suspicious no one is going to believe Near is framing Light (he'd need a subordinate willing to give his life for that)

Also Near wasn't anywhere near the task force 7 years earlier when Kira killed L.
>>
>>159138437
>Mikami.
Says who?
Near? The guy's being accused of being Kira
That sounds awfully convenient
Light was under suspicion because Near casted his suspicions on Light
If Near were Kira than it'd make sense for Near to have someone take the fall for him, and Light was the perfect candidate to frame
It was already established that Kira isn't a single person, it's whoever is currently in possession of the death note,there have been multiple people doing that, Near is simply the most recent one
>>
>>159138506
>Says who?
HE LITERALLY CAME IN WITH A DEATH NOTE IN HIS HANDS

>Light was under suspicion because Near casted his suspicions on Light
And people went along with it because it made snese.

>If Near were Kira than it'd make sense for Near to have someone take the fall for him
Oh yeah all of Near's team are Kira and Near showed his face just so he could get a random guy (Light) to be locked up for him and then never kill again for some reason even though he's Kira and wants to kill?

It's Death Note of all things, how is it hard to understand? I'm done.
>>
>>159137813
Light's best argument after the "40!" moment goes something like this:
>We aren't dead after all! Now I can finally prove my innocence and defeat Kira! Your plan worked Near! Quick get his notebook!
>Near tells them to grab the notebook as usual, shows Light's name is missing.
>I'm being framed by the SPK! Kira would definitely test the notebook first so the fact that Mikami wrote names in a fake means he is probably being controlled and will die in 27 days.
>This isn't even proof at all! Anyone can have someone write names in a fake notebook! Especially Kira who can control people. How do we know that person really is X-Kira? You say he made a fake notebook in only a day, so how do we know that notebook Near has is real? Start proving things or we can't cooperate with you!
>You won't show us the notebook works? A person being controlled can't kill anyone, so that is more evidence you're being controlled by the notebook.
>This is a trick so that they can take the last notebook from the Japanese police! We have to withdraw for at least 27 days!

All Light needs is to get away from the guns long enough to write names in his watch. If he can persuade the cops to withdraw he can let the SPK have Mikami and still win.
>>
>>159138564
A fake death note, a perfect way to frame Light because you have proof his name wasn't written but nobody actually dies
Because Near said one of the rules was fake, and people trusted him
But if he's Kira he could have lied, and the other two shinigami confirmed the rules were all true
Near is Kira, his team supported him and helped him try to frame another person
>>
>>159138617
Doesn't work. Touch the notebook and you can see Ryuk.
>>
>>159138686
They can all already see Ryuk, that notebook was used by Light's dad and the others touched it
>>
>>159138734
The SPK didn't touch the notebook Light used, so if they can see Ryuk, it proves that notebook is real.
>>
>>159138769
The SPK are in league with Near, they might be lying, or they touched another notebook before, who knows
>>
>>159138811
>describe Ryuk
Here's your proof.

>they touched another notebook
That'd work, but most people would just conclude the notebook is real.
>>
>>159138843
Light isn't most people and if he argues against them his men have no reason to instantly turn on him, especially Matsuda
>>
>>159138867
>Light isn't most people
His men are more likely to believe the notebook is real than that there's a third notebook somewhere else Near got his hand on.
Also, Mikami saw the names of everyone in the room using the Death God eyes, proving he's involved with Kira and not Near's puppet.

HIs men already suspected him for recent events and for L's death. "I win" seals the deal.
>>
>>159138928
His men are still gonna listen to Light
And Mikami could still have done a deal with a shinigami while under Kira's control
>>
>>159137909
>It's a possible explanation Light can say about the "I win"
>>of course I care about you guys
>>you really think I don't?
>>you really think I'm Kira and I don't care about you guys?
>>I that were true I would have killed you before, this just further proves I'm not Kira
To be fair it doesn't really make sense to say "I win" in this context.
>>
>>159138957
>His men are still gonna listen to Light
Most of them already work with Near.
>>
>>159139166
He won against Kira who was trying to kill him and his men
>>
>>159137484
The two kids were horribly written, they just knew shit without any supporting evidence or very little. And shot straight down the right path without any fuckup. It should have been L that won in the end instead. He was at least better written than them. That said entire manga was low grade reading.
>>
light only lost because of this one faggot mikami what OOC becasue Light never trust someone
>>
>>159139646
Yeah. Like some anon said earlier, I do believe Near cheated to win. I think in some interview, the mangaka himself went on record saying that Near cheats sometimes and left the audience to interpret that however they want. But I do think it was implied that since Near had a real Death Note in his possession he could've written Mikami and Light's names down. That way he made sure Mikami would inevitably fuck up, and Light would inevitably break down and admit guilt. That scene just seems too retarded for someone of Light's intellect. The only explanation other than plot convenience is that Near had written Light's name on the note to force him to break down and confess.
>>
>>159140388
No, Neae didn't write Light's name
Ryuk would have known and killed him
>>
>>159140264
He trusted Misa and Rem.

>>159140879
He probably wrote Mikami's name though.
>>
>>159141357
Then Light's insanity makes no sense
>>
>>159141389
There's no insanity, he was always a "I win" cunt.
Just imagine if L faked his death by falling from his chair on purpose. Light smiles at him, L just gets up and goes "just a prank bro why were you smiling", Kira loses
>>
>>159141577
I'm talking about the extreme overreaction
It was really stupid
>>
>>159134783
is he planking
>>
>>159134783
Light didn't deserve this he wuz a good boy he dindu nufin wrong
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.