[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

File: Kaori Miyazono.jpg (111KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Kaori Miyazono.jpg
111KB, 1024x576px
I just finished this on Netflix and just wanted to talk about it.

I really enjoyed it but thought it was overlong and a little emotionally manipulative at times, bordering on melodrama. However, the artwork and animation was excellent, as well as the character designs.

The music was great and I enjoyed the characterization of all of the main group of kids. It was sweet and sad and I feel better for watching it.

8/10

I cried a lot. But what do you think Kaori's disease was? It was definitely neurodegenerative, so my best guess is Friedrich's Ataxia.
>>
Forced drama.
>>
>>159123780
It was trash.

>Netflix
Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>159123804
>>159123844

Never change /a/.
>>
>>159123780
I thought it was cancer. Yeah, it was a nice forced drama with a proper conclusion, not like clannaids or another crap.
>>
File: Sweaty Kaori.png (147KB, 950x530px) Image search: [Google]
Sweaty Kaori.png
147KB, 950x530px
>>159123804
>>159123844
>>159124082

Damn, so does the general consensus seem to be that it was THAT shitty because of the melodrama?

I mean, it brought it down for me and it could have been 6-8 episodes shorter and gotten rid of the subplot with Aiza's sister (even though that was somewhat important), but overall I thought it was pretty good, if a little manipulative with the "SEE THIS, SEE THIS SHIT, FAGGOT?! THIS SHIT IS SAD. BE SAD NOW, YOU'RE SAD!!!" parts that it had.
>>
File: sad faramir.jpg (39KB, 670x282px) Image search: [Google]
sad faramir.jpg
39KB, 670x282px
Well damn, I guess /a/ really didn't like this.

Or rather, it was neither good nor bad, judging from the lack of replies. If it was something really bad or really good, the thread would be swarming with either hatred or praise, so I guess this falls into the overall category of "meh".

I liked it.
>>
Tsubaki >>>>>>> Kaori
And both girls were very flawed. Kaori even more so.
>>
>>159123780
i read it. the letter at the end made me cry cause im a little bitch

im too scared to watch it. without being drunk at least
>>
File: Nao Kashiwagi.png (4MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Nao Kashiwagi.png
4MB, 2048x1536px
>>159126899
I mean yes, I think she was being very selfish, but at the same time she only had a few years to live at best, so she made the most of it.

I respect her for that and the fact that she never directly was unfaithful to Watari, even if she did lie to him just to get to Kousei.

Kaori is the better first love, Tsubaki is the better waifu to settle down and have kids with.

Kashiwagi is best girl.

>>159126929
I haven't read it yet. The anime was solidly made though and I recommend it. It went on for too long, however and as such it would be better paced in the novel format
>>
>>159123780
>I just finished this on Netflix
Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>159127567
>>159123844
Stop trying to fit in so hard
>>
>>159123780
>netflix
>rating/reddit spacing
MALplebbit please go and stay gone.
>>
File: 1495965032511.jpg (277KB, 1671x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495965032511.jpg
277KB, 1671x1200px
>>159123780
>But what do you think Kaori's disease was?
Clannaids
>>
File: 1497244479782.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1497244479782.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>>159132385
>>
>>159123780
The anime treated the audience like they were retarded and often than not manipulated the audience to cry.I mean there are 2 terminally ill females in this show. Plus the musical scene was overly chatty with morons trying to describe the music to me by interrupting it. They should have used a far more visual element to describe the music

6/10 at best
>>
>>159123780
GUYS LOOK HOW SAD MY LIFE IS OMG I CANT PLAY PIANO OHHHHH BOY ITS SPRING AND MY DICK IS HARD FOR MY FRIENDS GF OHHHHH NO SHE DIED LOOK GUYS ISN"T THIS SAD OMG MY LIFE IS SAD
>>
File: 1461381804648.jpg (3KB, 120x117px) Image search: [Google]
1461381804648.jpg
3KB, 120x117px
Nodame Cantabile
>>
the whole show's story was forced. she could have just told him the truth at the start that she liked him. she knew she only had a few years left to live, so what was the point of doing all that roundabout shit with the lying?
>>
>>159123780
Even with the fact that i read the manga, I cried like a little bitch in my bed
i love shigatsu, i think it aims directly to your hearth
>>
>>159123780
I fucking hated it because of the melodrama that led to nothing and lack of actual romance.
>>
File: Smug Gyro.png (789KB, 464x700px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Gyro.png
789KB, 464x700px
>>159131512
>mfw I've been browsing 4chan for 7 years now; /a/ itself for 6
>only within the last 6 months does the "reddit spacing" meme come into effect
>mfw I have never visited reddit yet still get accused by redditors that I'm from there
>>
>>159133529
She didn't want to intrude on their group dynamic without good reason, and she already knew that Tsubaki loved Kousei so she didn't want to be direct as there would be a good chance that Tsubaki would've resented her and become jealous.

I agree with that being the whole reason for the title (the "lie" was that she liked Watari) is pretty stupid, but I don't think that was the point of anime or manga. The point was that you should do what you love and not let sadness or grief prevent you from doing it, as you always have people to support you.

>>159134149
I'd argue the anime format is better because you can actually hear the music, instead of being told what it sounds like.

>>159134998
Eh, they were in middle school. Although, an onscreen kiss would've been nice, I'll admit.

Or even Kaori asking him to come into the hospital bed with her and fugg.
>>
>>159135628
>in middle school
Speak of that I hated how they were supposedly middle schoolers. They were as much middle schoolers as Arthur is a 3rd grader. They might as well have been in high school. And I'd post that picture of angry Arthur preparing to punch DW but I can't find it.
>>
I'd hate how they had some painfully obvious tension breakers that cuts a serious scene short. Like Kaori would say something to Kousei and they'd look at each other all serious and quiet like. Then Tsubaki comes in and kicks the guy in the shins. It's such a cop out.
>>
Dropped this shit in the first episode. After reading threads about it, I know it was the right choice.
>>
>throwing best bro watari under the bus
She didn't suffer enough.
>>
>>159136207
This is my main problem with it, and the reason why it's only a 7 or 8/10 at best.

There was a lot of room for philosophy, especially when it's a scared little girl dealing with her own impending death, and a piano prodigy so caught-up with his mother's abuse and death that his brain psychologically blocks him from hearing his own music.

I mean shit, a lot of the classical composers that they so revered (or I suppose shat on because of the whole "play from your heart not the months or years of intricately composed music that someone hundreds of years ago better than you made!!" schtick that was going on) had health issues or sad points of their life that they transcribed into their music. Fuck, I mean Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" was an ode to one of his favorite students, a girl who died young, but loved music.

Glad Chopin was well-featured though. That nigga's music is fucking great.

>>159136367
>be captain of soccer team
>get attention from everyone, especially girls
>your closest male friend is a nerdy, silent, moping recluse who only hangs out with you and the only girl you won't bang because she for whatever reason loves that guy
>cutest girl you've dated thus far is dying
>you visit her every day and cheer her up
>aforementioned best bro confesses that he loves her after she picks him out of his sadness and musical slump
>instead of rightfully getting mad and invoking the "bros before hos" mantra, he is supportive and claims that they will have to try each other's best to win her love
>she dies and unbeknownst to you she considered you a "good friend" but a bad romantic, because she figured you would be chasing another girl and forgotten about after she died in a post-mortem letter she left for your best bro
>turns out her death hit you hard too and you reminisce about her every day, despite you merely being the excuse to be next to the boy she really loved

Watari deserved better.
>>
>>159135628
>because you can actually hear the music
You can't though. You can barely ever get 5 seconds of uninterrupted music before some jackoff from the peanut gallery decides they need to chime in.
>>
I loved it, but probably because I knew I was getting into something melodramatic and I enjoyed every single second of it. And I'm a shonenfag, so go figure.
>>
Initially I really liked it but now that time has passed I never want to watch it again.
>>
>>159137344
Same, because it is so drawn-out it has little rewatch value.

I'll always remember Kaori, though.
>>
File: 1489281929423.jpg (15KB, 425x461px) Image search: [Google]
1489281929423.jpg
15KB, 425x461px
>>159123780
>this is good
>Netflix user

Shitgatsu is a poor man's 3-gatsu. Prove me wrong
>>
>>159129713
Stop trying to fit in so hard
>>
>>159123780
>I just finished this on Netflix
Is there any reason at all to mention this?
>>
I too would have to say it was a disappointment. I expected something good based on the praise it got, but it felt super weak since everything was MC-centric. Everyone was defined by their relationship with the MC and fell flat in comparison. Everyone existed to jerk off, or guilt MC until he became piano superman. Well, everyone but the bro, but he was basically non-existent.
It's not like it was awful, but it wasn't great.
>>
I liked it, I teared up in most episodes. The music was excellent, animation and artwork were great.

I thrive on forced drama though, my favourite shows are ones that are agonisingly sad
>>
Too melodramatic and trying to be mopy, just did fall flat completely. I liked the detail of the shoes though, something that rather stuck in my mind.

Also stop streaming.
>>
>>159137210
Fair enough.

The pianists for the show actually did a great job of capturing the different playing styles, but it is often too interrupted by "his tempo's suddenly all over the place! What happened?!"

>>159137981
I know /a/ has a problem with streaming, so I figured I'd rustle some feathers.

Honestly, I probably wouldn't have discovered it if Netflix didn't recommend it to me. I watched through episode 7 then rewatched all of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia released up to that point out of nostalgia (/tv/ said the most recent seasons were bad, I thought they were all right, but definitely some hit-or-miss). Then, I came back a month later and finished it.

Ironically enough, I started it in April and finished it in June.
>>
>even totalbiscuit got anime
>still no jojo part 5
>>
>>159127289
you have good taste
>>
>>159123780
It was great
The performance were the best parts
>>
At best it's a high 6. A bunch of characters are useless after their arc is done, and the second half was full of wasted potential. The music would be good if they didn't constantly talk over it like they're narrating an initial D race. Clearly the director didn't realize that what works in Manga might not work in anime.

Tsubaki is best girl, though.
>>
>>159123780
It has a top tier OST and elder god tier first OP.
>>
Too much Chopin cocksucking, which I liked. The drama was shit, just watch Nodame Cantabile instead.
>>
I gets a 9 out of me because I'm such a sucker for melodrama. Mostly because Kaori's violin performances resonated hard with my inner violinist despite the fact I haven't played in years.
>>
>>159141496
This. Nodame Cantabile is vastly better. Although the ballade no 1 in the last ep did kind of saved this series a little bit for me. It was nice hearing a duet with a violin of that piece for the first time.
>>
File: 4.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>159123780
It was pretty basic, nothing complicated or particularly intricately written, just lots of stereotypical anime characters with no interesting twist. Bizarrely, Watari might be the only one with a worthwhile curve.

The music is nice enough, though the idea of storytelling through performance wasn't that awesome, and certainly not compared to something like Nodame, where it actually speaks about the characters. But the OP1 was one of the best of all time.

But at least it was pretty. And Kaori is pretty.
>>
>>159141455
The music was definitely the high point. The first Goose House OP is one of the GOATs.

>>159142080
I always wanted to play violin but my father discouraged me because it was "too gay". He was right. I wouldn't have practiced anyway because I bought a guitar later on and never learned it.

I find that of all the creations of humans, music is both the most useless and the most necessary.

>>159142642
Kaori is love, Kaori is life.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.