[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is FMA overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Is FMA overrated?
>>
IMO Brotherhood is a bit overrated solely for the reason that it follows the manga. I enjoy both versions, but I feel like the 2003 version gets a lot of heat just because it veers off halfway through.
>>
>>159111472
YES
>>
I really liked the way the first version developed the characters but the ending was pretty underwhelming desu
>>
Brotherhood is.
>>
>>159111472

I think the manga is very deserving of the praise it gets. A battle shounen that is a satisfying read all around that doesn't overstay it's welcome.

rewatching Brothrhood now and aside the pacing and character development issues, the mood/tone jumps around far too much and causes some heavy mood whiplash. that said, there's a noticable improvement as soon as the Xingese characters are introduced, but it still fumbles some things (like Kimblee) that the manga had no trouble with.

2003 is FMA's first 13 episodes done right, then veering off with little to no redeeming qualities, asides the superior Homunculi.

brotherhood however has the superior Hohenhiem, so really it's no contest.
>>
>>159111472

Tell me of a better steam punk anime series.
>>
Has there ever been a FMA thread on /a/ that was for the manga? Why does nobody care about it even though it's the real FMA. The adaptations fuck it up by either rewriting the plot or by doing half-assed corner cutting.

I swear you people were posting about the anime even when the manga was being published.
>>
>>159114032
Would you recommend Brotherhood to someone completely new to FMA? My girlfriend has been getting into anime, and now that we're almost done with Jojo I'm thinking of starting Brotherhood with her.

I've read the manga and watched the 2003 anime, I've tried watching Brotherhood but the forced introduction of the entire cast and forced foreshadowing in the first episode bothered the hell out of me.
>>
>>159114835
>My girlfriend

Fuck off.
>>
>>159114933
Answer my question first
>>
File: LingYaoEp15.png (393KB, 702x692px) Image search: [Google]
LingYaoEp15.png
393KB, 702x692px
>>159114835

yeah, i'd say it's still a safe watch. despite the fact that the first 10 or so eps were made assuming you'd watched 2003, it picks up considerably once it introduces the Manga's characters.
>>
>>159111472
The better question is, why do you care? Why do any of you care? Why do you let the opinions of others dictate your own?
>>
>>159115094
Cool, I'll run it by her, thanks anon!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.