[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shinsekai Yori

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (138KB, 640x676px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 640x676px
This wasn't very good

why is it recommended
>>
Implying we ever recommend anime
>>
>>159109984
It's a stealth recommendation to listen to Dvorak
>>
>>159110022
Id happily recommend SSY to anyone who wants an anime with plot and adult themes.
>>
>>159109984
It's alright but not something that sticks with you years after watching
>>
>>159109984
Maybe you haven't clearly expressed what show you do like? I find it one of the best anime there is, so I'd generally recommend it but if your preferred genre is shonen or slice-o-life moe I wouldn't. Not trying to insult you in anyway
>>
>>159109984
It's ok, only the last third of the anime is truly anything special.
>>
>>159110058

The plot could have been interesting if they expanded more on the world history and eugenics (which I thought they would after the flashbacks at the start of the first few episodes) which was squandered on focusing on a predictable war with naked mole rat people and remembering Shun (which had little emotional impact on the viewer who already knew everything about him and that he wasn't even as invested in as Satoru when he was around)

Saki also cries every other episode and it takes away from any gravity to the sad moments. Side characters are introduced and quickly disposed of. Somehow Satoru has a genius ability to figure every situation out immediately
>>
>>159110058
Ok I laughed
>>
>>159110612
So if your girlfriend comes to you and asks for a plot heavy anime thats mostly aimed at adults you wouldnt recommend SSY?
>>
Actually it's very good or only slightly worse than very good.

If you think that it is bad or mediocre as an anime then you have bad taste or are holding it up to a very high standard that very few anime will meet.
>>
>>159110558

Also Saki torching the Psychobuster to save Satoru because "wahh I can't lose anyone else I love even if this fiend is gonna kill everyone anyway if we don't stop it" especially after someone else sacrificed themselves to get their asses to thing is just totally dumb
>>
>>159109984
>go back to mal.

I am re-watching this series just to prove you wrong
>>
>>159110058

>adult themes

The whole thing had the feel of a teen-girl-targeted lite sci-fi novel to be quite honest desu

Like Japan's equivalent of the Hunger Games demographic
>>
>>159110879
You should be comparing it to other anime.
Most other anime is about some beta virgin guy in some unrealistic relationship with a trope girl character which just makes people puke.
>>
>>159109984
It had great wrord building but lacked good characters. Only Squealer was kind of memorable
>>
>>159110681
Stop anon you are killing me
>>
>>159110966

>you should be comparing it to other anime

Most anime is shit

As a story and animated series in general SSY is disappointing. It had an interesting premise that was wasted on focusing the plot toward the wrong pieces of it. And disappointingly, there are no thought-provoking narratives or themes throughout the story. The series ends with basically asking whether or not genocide of semi-human rat people is acceptable if you haven't been hypnotized to believe they are human
>>
>>159111362
In the land of the shit the series that is watchable is king.
SSY is very watchable for people who arent already regularly watching every sol moe anime with loli fanservice. People arent acting insane like re:zero or kabaneri, its easy to maintain immersion.
>>
>>159111084

Squealer is the best character by far. Saki was a crybaby, I liked 12 year old Satoru but everything after was fujobait. Shun was boring and given too much importance given his lack of development. Maria was dumb and undeserving of being an MC love interest or having a dedicated ED. Mamoru was an unlikably huge pussy. The historical flashbacks and imaginatively animated stories of the fiends/karma demons were the best parts. We didn't need 4 episodes of hunting Mamoru and Maria in the snowy forest.
>>
>>159111508
KISAMA
ARE YOU HUMAN OR BAKENEZUMI
>>
>>159111362
No, it doesn't.

>>159111522
>fujobait
Do you even know what that word means?
>>
>>159109984
>why is it recommended
it's pretty good
>>
>>159112375
Not really is just a meme anime
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.