[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exactly how much story content is omitted from Kai? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: GARLIC_JR_MUG.png (166KB, 350x324px) Image search: [Google]
GARLIC_JR_MUG.png
166KB, 350x324px
Exactly how much story content is omitted from Kai?

I'm deciding on which version of Dragon Ball Z to watch, and while I do want the redone voice work and faster pace in Kai, I don't want to miss any actual story beats or villains.

Is the garlic jr saga the only one that is entirely omitted from Kai? I was hoping that Kai would rely on more condensing Zs content as opposed to removing it entirely.
>>
>>159105479
The Otherworld Tournament with Pikkon is also removed.

I'd recommend watching Kai up until the end of the Freeza Saga and then switching to Z, keeping track of which filler episodes you want to skip or experience as you continue.

Also, are you planning to watch it subbed or dubbed? Regardless, my answer remains relatively the same.
>>
>>159105743
Dubbed. I'm also watching DB first which a lot of people reccomended
>>
>>159105759
Yeah, then my answer definitely stays unchanged in that case. After the Freeza Saga in dubbed Z, both the voice-acting and music significantly improved.

I'll probably get a lot of shit for this but I greatly prefered Faulconer's post Freeza work over the original Japanese music.

Some of the tracks were just too good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ufq0OBvg2k
>>
>>159105479
Kai is an adaption of the manga, not a cutdown of Z
>>
>>159106086
Isn't buu not in the manga?

I'd still appreciate an answer to the question. How much actual content is cut?
>>
>>159106366
>Isn't buu not in the manga?
What the actual fuck?
>>
>>159106366
Are you retarded
>>
>>159106404
I know next to nothing about dragon Ball. Just going off stuff I thought someone had told me before.
>>
>>159106423
Just watch Kai, it's great and you're not wasting your time watching a bunch of retarded bullshit that will never come up again. But seriously watch the Jap dub of Dragon Ball, then watch English dub of Kai.
You won't miss anything that'll ever come up again. You will need to eat a couple of manga to get caught up to Super canon tho.
>>
>>159105479
Saiyan, Freezer and Cell saga take the filler out, including Garlick Jr (which creates a plothole after when Gohan should be introducing himself to Karin). The scarce filler scenes are there solely to make the episode consistent within the timeslot.

The otherworld tournament is skipped.

Buu saga was mostly made to fill in the slot Toriko failed in so has worse editing and lets a good bit of filler(not all mind you, and its partially because some of the filler in Z was intertwined with canon content).

>, I don't want to miss any actual story beats or villains
You will miss the filler so if missing Garlick Jr is an issue just watch Z.

>>159106086
And here I was thinking DBfags can't be more retarded about how the manga was adapted into animation.

>>159106366
It is.

>>159106568
> watching a bunch of retarded bullshit that will never come up again
GT and Super say hi.

>Super canon
>>
>>159106086
>not a cutdown of Z
It literally is a cutdown of Z with some scenes redone. It's closer to manga as an effect but calling it a different adaptation of the manga is overstatement.
>>
>>159105759
>I'm also watching DB first
Yeah, you're supposed to. You don't start watching a series from the 2nd season.

>>159105904
>I'll probably get a lot of shit for this but I greatly prefered Faulconer's post Freeza work over the original Japanese music.
Yeah you will. The american music, although not bad, is not classic enough.
>>
The filler is garbage anyways. Garlic Jr. arc is just a rehash of DBZ movie 1 with none of its great visuals or fights, and the post-Cell arc tournament where Goku fights Paikon or whatever the fuck his name is isn't very interesting either. You're not missing any story or villains by watching Kai, I'm not sure what gave you that assumption but it is painfully misguided.
>>
>>159106568
>watch the Jap dub of Dragon Ball, then watch English dub of Kai
What the flying fuck are you on about?

Why would you rec anyone to watch part of a show in jap and another in english?

>>159106423
Just watch DB and then DB Kai, both in Japanese. If you're on /a/ you should know dubs are horrible in general.
I'm not sure if Kai has the awesome original music though. If it doesn't then I recommend DBZ instead and skip the filler parts.
>>
>>159106790
So Garlick Jr is the only villain taken out?
>>
>>159107163
The only with an arc at least, then thereĀ“s a few one time villains on one-time filler episodes if we get too technical.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.