[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gatchaman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

So I bought a complete set of the original ADV Gatchaman DVDs on Ebay. My only memory of Gatchaman are super faint memories of the blink and miss airing of G-Force on TBS in 1986 and Eagle Rider's equally brief run.

What should I expect?

And what about Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter? Are they any good? I know they don't come dubbed but should I look into picking them up as well once I finish Gatchaman?
>>
While Gatchaman is one of the all time classics of anime, it's also 105 episodes long. So expect a LOT of filler. Lots and lots of filler.

While I never liked Battle of the Planets, part of me wishes Franks would have been able to have done Battle of the Planets V3.0 in the early 00s. Franks wanted to dub the final episodes of the series and do a machete edit redub of the original series; basically skipping all of the episodes not essential to the actual plot and boil it down to about 30-40 episodes series (new dubs and lost episodes included).

As for the other two shows; II is so-so. The main villain is a bit silly but the ending is pretty dark given what Leader X does to try and keep her in line.

Fighter meanwhile, is very hit or miss but gets super-super duper dark in the last 10-12 episodes.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.