[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes Fate ''so'' good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: -fate-stay-night-457102.jpg (2MB, 2871x2093px) Image search: [Google]
-fate-stay-night-457102.jpg
2MB, 2871x2093px
I watched Zero, Stay/Night and Unlimited Bladeworks. I think there are more? but haven't seen them. I also haven't played the games.

First: I heard the fight scenes were some of the best in anime. How? None of the fights were any impressive, the fights were some of the most mundane i've ever seen, over which they slapped some high quality visual effects, which i'll admit were well done, i guess they had the budget for such fluff. But really i've seen more impressive fight sequences in old 90's anime. I could probably achieve the same effect by adding spectacular visual effect over me brushing my teeth. You can put as much make up as you like on a frog, but i'm still not going to kiss that frog.

Second: Barely any characters had depth. They almost all had very shallow and baseline personalities. All servants had some kind of superiority complex (some more than other) and they just can't stop nagging each other whenever they face one another. They often blabber for extended periods of time about honour and such, without any idea of the definition of the word.

Am i missing something? The reason why i care so much is that i tried really hard to enjoy the show, and i still struggle to find some kind of way to enjoy it. I would really love to add another anime to my top list. It's a popular show and i'd like to join in the fun. At best i'd give it a 5 out of 10, but only because it mildly intertained me.
>>
>>159078984
>I also haven't played the games.
Found part of your problem.

>First: I heard the fight scenes were some of the best in anime.
Said no one ever.

>Second: Barely any characters had depth.
Again stop being a secondary fucktard.
>>
>>159078984
>>
>>159078984
For some people it's the waifus, since the entirety of it comes from an h-scene infested VN and the fact the series has genderswapped historical figures.

For some people it's the idea, either from how the "Heroic Spirit" are from fictional/non-fictional lore and pretty much are forced to clash their ideas with each other if they don't kill each other first. It's the reason this series attracts some /his/fags or have them shit on it for the mountainous of inaccuracies.
Or the Magus system, which somewhat started the whole "bloodline mages" aspect you seen in modern anime.

And for some people, it's the "2deep4u" aspect since Zerofags can't get over how Kiritsugu's unachieved goals destroy the idea of heroism.
>>
Two things:

Rin's

Anus
>>
>>159078984
Found your problem. Anyway don't bother anymore, you already ruined F/SN for yourself. Congratulation.
>>
>>159078984
Power levels and waifus.
>>
>>159079041
>>159080499
The games are fucking trash.Worse than anime.
>>
>>159078984
Well, you have work to do now. Make sure to read Hollow Ataraxia after going through the original.
>>
FSN is okay, but absurdly overrated. There's far, far better VNs of its genre around. Here's some.

https://vndb.org/p242
>>
Anyone recommend a good place to download the English VN for free
>>
>>159081669
>recommending to read Hollow Ataraxia at all
No wonder you faggots like Fate so much. You'd probably suck dick just to get a glimpse of Shirou's meatstick paired with Nasu's bad writing.
>>
>>159078984
>i tried really hard to enjoy the show
well there's your problem
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.