[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much time before the isekai genre is deconstructed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: anime-girl-questionmark.jpg (73KB, 458x366px) Image search: [Google]
anime-girl-questionmark.jpg
73KB, 458x366px
How much time before the isekai genre is deconstructed?
>>
Sword Art Online
>>
>>159053827
already been done a few times

>>159054053
is not an isekai
>>
>>159053827
It literally happened last year with Re:Zero.
>>
>>159054104
What do you think isekai means?
>>
File: 1496354273490.gif (1MB, 303x307px) Image search: [Google]
1496354273490.gif
1MB, 303x307px
>inb4 idiots start flooding the thread with "M-MY FAVOURITE ANIME IS A DECONSTRUCTION"
>>
>>159053827
>How much time before the isekai genre is deconstructed?
It already has decades ago
>>
How would a proper deconstruction of it be, anyway?
>>
M-MY FAVOURITE ANIME IS A DECONSTRUCTION
>>
>>159054053

That's neither isekai or a deconstruction of anything.
>>
>>159054121
It means the MC travels to another world.

SAO is not an isekai because Aincrad is just an MMO. He never leaves earth.
VRMMOs are not another world minus that one chink novel where the MMO is literally another world that got turned into an MMO by some god, and maybe that one gook novel where it might actually be another world but it's not known yet.
>>
Anime itself is a deconstruction.
>>
>>159053827
The only way it's going to be done to a greater extent than it already has is if someone writes the Japanese equivalent of The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
>>
>>159054292
main character its a succesful man with a happy life, he dies saving someone he loves, then he is send to another world, medieval high fantasy world. He is just another peasant in that world, every valuable skill he has is literally useless there, he never get to really understand how the society of that world works, he gets a shitty job, works for a few years and dies alone. The end
>>
>>159055026

Deconstruction doesn't mean "Bad End"
>>
>>159055205
what does it means then?
>>
>>159055245
No one knows, not even Jacques Derrida.
>>
>>159054121
getting transfered into a foreign REAL world. a fake videogame isn't another world
>>
>>159053827
>isekai
Idk what that is
What is that?
>>
>>159055277
at least he said it is not a method, not a critique neither an analysis.
>>159055294
The "NEET its transported to another world" genre
>>
>"deconstruction"
kiddies >>>/out/
>>
>>159055245

Denying all the narrative concessions of a genre and taking them to their logical conclusion.
>>
>>159055547
then my bad end its right
>>
>>159055586

You have to make it worth reading/watching under those terms.
>>
>>159055277
>>159055429
Well this is using my little knowledge of literary criticism back in high-school but deconstruction is just a demonstration that a text has essentially dismantled itself. This is shown through shit like binary oppositions, contradictions , marginalizing, privileging, gaps and silences and other shit like that. This prolly didn't explain shit, but just some background info to think about.
>>
>>159054515
You're being factitious. Isekai is a type of writing that follows the same story skeleton and uses the same plot devices. It doesn't matter if it's
>literal transportation into another world
>literal transportation into a game world
>dreaming of being in another world
>reincarnated into another world and starting life as a baby
>having consciousness transferred into the body of a person in another world
>having consciousness transferred into the body of a gaming avatar in the game world
>being stuck in a VRMMO world
+ countless more premises that are also isekai.

As long as the MC is a regular human and the setting is any type of unusual world (cyberpunk, high fantasy, JRPG, space/planetary,...), the MC usually have an edge over the natives of this world or cheat powers with or without gaming stats. It doesn't matter how the writer decides to explain it (how the MC got there, where is this world, what type of fantasy is it,...), it's still isekai.
>>
There is that word again
>>
>>159053827
>isekai
>genre
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.