[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it with all the half-western/half-american love interests

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: tfw no pizza.gif (493KB, 373x211px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no pizza.gif
493KB, 373x211px
It's really weird. Sakurasou, Nisekoi, Steins Gate, etc.
>>
Foreigners are like a shiny pokemon to Japanese manga writers. Having a foreign love interest is more interesting to some of their readers than if it were a childhood friend or some shit, that is why Nisekoi is the way it is.

The blond haired foreigner cliche has exploded in popularity in the last couple of years, to the point where people are only writing characters into that cliche to jump on the band wagon, and not for any other reason.

TL;DR they are a meme that sells to lonely otaku
>>
It's not weird. They're different from the norm and mysterious which is attractive.
>>
>>159048374
It's so they can pretend they're cucking hoaito piggus and remaining faithful to the superior nipponese race simultaneously.
>>
>>159049542
I thought all anime characters looked white?
>>
Gathering popular fantasies and fetishes of people. As usual.
>>
they're just being tsundere for the west, they could open the doors wide open for immigration and weeaboos would have solved their negative population in a couple years.
>>
>>159051043
Weeaboos don't breed.
>>
>>159048374
nips have had a blonde fetish forever
>>
>>159048374
Exoticism. Same root as yellow fever.
>>
>>159048374
Same reason why yellow fever exists.
It's not weird, it's just how it is. Thinking about other people is human curiosity working at it's best.
>>
>>159051199
Not by choice
>>
>>159048374
They find Euros exotic. It's like /a/ being attracted to anime girls.
>>
Every time this happens I try to think of a single example of the opposite where it's a western man with a Japanese woman.
>>
File: FOXY_GRANDPA.jpg (71KB, 229x293px) Image search: [Google]
FOXY_GRANDPA.jpg
71KB, 229x293px
>>159051736
watch jojo
>>
>>159051736

Not western but in G Gundam Rain's old boyfriend was a Turk.
>>
>>159051826
Oh right, I forgot about Josuke since he's british on his father's side.
>>
>>159048374
It's "yellow fever" but with white chicks instead.

Basically they get the icky white chicks that are still Japanese enough they can absorb Japanese culture and they don't need to learn a western language.

It's getting the prize without trying.
>>
>>159048374
>anime
>Western

Pick one
>>
>>159057297
Back to kindergarten
>>
Anime is produced by the most liberal of Japanese, and they use it as propaganda to push for anti-nationalism and multiculturalism.
Japan is just so staunchly nationalistic, that we can't see their more liberal stuff as liberal.
>>
>>159057612
>I love pulling shit out of my ass
Quoting you.
>>
>>159048754
Then explain why Eriri is less popular than both Megumi and Utaha.
>>
>>159051736
Code Geass
>>
>>159048374
>half-western/half-american
Americans are not Western?
>>
>>159058048
they're barely white anymore
>>
>>159051736
Koe no kotachi
>>
>>159059719
that's blacked not bleached tho
>>
File: 1487082626320.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1487082626320.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>159048374
Japan is a very "ethnically aware" country. To them, being Japanese isn't just something you have on your passport, it's ethnicity as well to a large extent. An American that moves to Japan and gets a Japanese passport is Japanese on paper only, and will always be seen as foreign. He's effectively an eternal tourist. Hell, even second and third generation *Koreans* are treated as outsiders (I think Japanese has a special word for it, but I've forgotten).

My theory is that by making a foreign character only half-foreign, the author tries to strike a balance: the character is foreign enough to be exotic, but indiginous enough to be functionally Japanese.
>>
>>159057357
Let me know when American anime becomes more acceptable. Until then, there's nothing Western in anime what-so-ever.
>>
>>159059700
These things are not related.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.