[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the monk so autistic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Shikikidwateringhishomolust.jpg (341KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Shikikidwateringhishomolust.jpg
341KB, 1024x576px
Why was the monk so autistic?
>>
>>159039638
Because he was a depressive hipster stuck in a bumfuck village full of unlikable hillbillies for his whole life.
>>
>>159039891
I recently rewatched it for the second time and I must say that on the first time so many themes flew over my head. It is literal work of art in these days.

Also there should be no rooting for either side, since both of them are shitty. The murderous animalistic villagers or underhanded murderous Shiki.
In the essence, the whole village deserved to die out and burn in fire, except for the few decent characters that showed that they are human.
Also, I saw no reason why monk even sided with Sunako. He knew her barely a month.
>>
>>159040279
You're probably going to get flooded in "Fuck the shiki, the humans were 100% right" posts, but I semi-agree with you. I think the show made some mistakes in structuring the conflict (the "well, you could just not feed from the same human" thing opens the vampires to a lot more criticism), but overall, yes, both sides were full of faggots.

>Also, I saw no reason why monk even sided with Sunako. He knew her barely a month.
Well, for one he hated the village to begin with (even moreso once they killed his family) and she's read his books and can talk to him about stuff that probably no one else could. For another, I think he just valued her attitude more than her actual acts, and the idea of killing what was essentially a scared and naive child, regardless of all the shit she did, didn't sit well with him.
>>
>>159039638
Fuck that faggot monk
>>
>>159040279
>The murderous animalistic villagers or underhanded murderous Shiki
Some faggot vampires killed their families and brought them back as murderous monsters. What exactly are they supposed to do? Coexist?
>>
>>159039638
His family and everyone he ever knew vs eternal loli
Hmmmmm
>>
>>159039638
>filename

Good.
>>
>>159040279
>>159040579
Let me explain this carefully, since you both seem to suffer from misplaced empathy.

>human perspective
You are trapped in a tiny village. Some strangers move into town. People are initially friendly towards them although they're weird and distant.

Suddenly people start dying of a mysterious disease. You don't know how, or why, only that you could be next. Your family die. Your friends die.

Then you find out that they were murdered and brought back as monsters. The outsiders planned this all along. They selected your village to do this. At any time, they could have killed you.

Anyone who wouldn't lynch them probably doesn't deserve to survive.
>b-but they were really cruel
So?
>and they pulled scary faces
A cheap way of creating drama.

>turned vamp perspective
Having experienced all that the humans have, you get fucking killed.

Then you wake up, lucky you. Someone tells you that you're dead, and that the point of your new life is to eat your family and friends. Some of them might even get to be vampires too! Don't go along with the plan, and you get killed.

So once again, they were fucked by the vamps. Granny and Nurse prove that they didn't have to go full retard like what's her name, and kill their entire family.

>original vamps
Someone turned you a while back. Now you're relishing being a murderous parasite.

Past this point you can't really justify anything beyond 'muh right to live'.

>tldr
Fuck Shiki.
>>
>>159039638
did i uploaded my bdrips.
i can't remember.
>>
>>159041477
>>b-but they were really cruel
>>and they pulled scary faces
>>So?
Alright, so you don't care, but that's the fucking point thematically. Their candid fervor for this shit is, narratively, immoral, and is precisely what turns priest off. His problem, again, is not about actions so much as it is about attitudes.
>>
>>159041731
I appreciate that, but there's no reason to display any restraint since the Shiki;
>want to rule over you
>want to kill you
>specifically targeted your village, your family and your friends
>were the instigators of this blood feud
>aren't even human
They're invaders, plain and simple.

That's this supposedly morally complex series falls apart, because the Shiki and Sunako in particular, don't have a leg to stand on. All she has is a sob story, which doesn't exactly explain why she planned mass murder, except to make lots more vampire friends.

At best they're too retarded to function. But it's more likely that they're just extremely evil.
>so what about the humans?
Push someone that far, and it's not surprising when they push back. Vampire genocide isn't even evil. It's not like it's some Pol-Pot shit, the reasons for doing it are actually incontestable.
>>
File: shiki lady gaga.jpg (217KB, 1168x1222px) Image search: [Google]
shiki lady gaga.jpg
217KB, 1168x1222px
The humans were the real monsters
>>
Why couldn't they draw the blood and simply pour it into glass like they did at one point and drink it?

The village population was 1300 at the start so what gives? They could trap 20 people in basement dungeon and rotate them out between original family members.

Also, the subject of humans killing humans upon being bitten at the end was never touched upon.
>>
>>159041477
>muh right to live
What gives you the right to live? To be precise what gives you the right to kill animal (however indirect you are to getting it to your meal table) to sustain your shitty existence?
>>
>>159042609
>>Also, the subject of humans killing humans upon being bitten at the end was never touched upon.
It was just lumped into 'humans are the real monsters', which is kind of bullshit.

They were afraid and mistaken. At the same time, they were aware if they let any Shiki survive, the same would happen somewhere else.
>>
>>159042696
There's no such thing as a right to life. It's an abstract concept, created by, and enforced by humans and it only applies to humans.
>>
>>159042784
I believe there is, exactly because we created it.
In animal world the one who is stronger, more durable and resilient is the right one.
Here it doesn't matter who started it, only matters who ended it and that one is the one with all the right in the world.

While might is right still applies greatly in our world, because we are still mostly animals, I can think that humans can own up to themselves and surpass their own animal.

As the top species wouldn't it be "right" to coexist with everything? Or would you rather believe in concept of no right and return to anarchy and rabid animalistic behaviour?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.