[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Yu-Gi-Oh! series was the best and why? I feel like 5D's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 410
Thread images: 61

File: 1481409666233.jpg (200KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
1481409666233.jpg
200KB, 736x552px
Which Yu-Gi-Oh! series was the best and why?

I feel like 5D's was the best regardless of the flack it gets for being card games on motorcycles. I can't remember much but I remember thinking the plot and characters were better than that of the older Yu-Gi-Oh! serieses. I believe the duels were better as well.
>>
the first one better
>>
>>159034972
Explain why. Don't just give us a half-assed response.
>>
5d's up to the end of the Dark Signers arc was the best Yu-Gi-Oh anime. For manga, the original is unrivaled, great character development and it ends before it gets stale, unlike other shonen manga.
>>
>>159034825
Original > 5ds > GX >Zexal
the rest is irrelevant
>>
The first two arcs of 5D's are definitely the peak of the series.

But the original was consistently good.

GX was a mistake.
>>
The first series has the tightest plot if you look more towards the manga as the anime just kind of starts late while changing things, with the old Toei version technically covering that missing part with some other changes.

GX ends up being the one you have the most fun watching, but the first two seasons are overall weaker than the rest and some eps come off more filler-y even if they aren't all necessarily bad or unimportant.

5D's is hard to get into because of its different feel unless you connect well with it and the duels just didn't do it for me until towards the end of the first arc. But the end of that arc and the second are great, then it retcons some shit, gets slow with painful filler for a while, starts another arc which eventually leads into the end plot which isn't the best but is enjoyable to watch, though the pacing can be slow before this. The MC feels like too much of Gary Stu even for YGO though.

I haven't seen Zexal but I hear S1 is a mess and S2 improves on it.

Arc-V started a bit oddly, but picks up more quickly than most others besides the original at around ep 7 (though early GX eps are entertaining), there's a few more weak eps after that but after that you've got the strongest part of the series for a while, the next part while slow is pretty good, the next parts are weaker, but all in all outside of the action card aspects, the duels are the best written overall compared to the rest of the series even when it somewhat loses itself while not entirely.

VRains is still pretty weak, but the writing feels really weak and I'm not a fan of the rule changes which shits on previous series.

Really most of them do something better than others so they're worthwhile if you're interested in the franchise in different ways.
>>
GX
>>
GX has the best development,with jaden chaz zane cyrus and alexis,some people don't believe zane and alexis had any,but zane was a top that didn't understand the pro world and always thought he was the best,and the loss made him realize how far he is and in the end accepting cyrus is a good duelist, alex was relevant to every arc and gave people development,
>>
>>159035430
>GX was a mistake.
Did you even watch GX?
Arc-V was the damn mistake.
>>
File: _0.gif (488KB, 307x173px) Image search: [Google]
_0.gif
488KB, 307x173px
5D's because it wasn't kid shit. And also because the 2nd opening was rad af.
>>
>>159035763
Manjome was the only good part of GX.
>>
>>159034825
Zexal to me. It was the most emotional, treated its cast well (most), the villains were great, the protagonist actually got better with time in both dueling and personality and... I guess that was it. I liked even S1
>>
I feel like zexal hate are mostly because of the dub,I switch from 20ep of the dub to sub and it made me less mad,well less mad enough to continue to watch up to ep40 where we finally got a constant plot
>>
File: 46702240_p0.jpg (472KB, 500x3284px) Image search: [Google]
46702240_p0.jpg
472KB, 500x3284px
>>159035700
>All those dub names
Had a hard time reading your post.

>>159035595
Arc-V had so much potential and it ended up being the worst of all the Yu-Gi-Oh anime, not that it means much.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebU7DA4GVW8&t=180s

I really love this.
>>
>>159035817
Sanda was a fun character but he wasn't the only good thing about it. Evetyone was a fun character and the sheer craziness was amazing.
>>
Toei 0>GX>DM>5Ds>Zexal>arc v

5DS was almost as much waste of potential as arc V but had genuinly good story arcs, Zexal was mostly bad with some occasional good ideas, DM had too much filler everywhere but the best group of friends and mithology, GX had the best reocurring cast and interesting stories but the first too seasons had too much filler, season zero has the lowest production values but is pretty creative.
>>
File: 1471616861110.png (251KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1471616861110.png
251KB, 500x375px
>>159034825
I say the first one of NAS.
Gave huge popularity to the game, which later resulted in the creation of the other shows. Amazing soundtrack, fantastic voice acting.

The backbone of the anime was the manga( and while the show pales in comparison to the manga, NAS YGO was good adaptation) thanks to this the show had a main arc and a destination instead of a bunch of mini arcs without a destination like GX or 5D had. ZEXAL had the whole Barian vs Astral thing going on and even when I hate ARC-V they had an overall plot.

Iconic monsters, classic battles and probably the best final duel of the franchise.

Of course NAS Yugioh is not perfect and suffered of budget cuts on the most important arc ( Millennium world), filler and selling cards since the start instead of going with the multiple games we saw in the manga.
>>
>>159035795
>wasn't kid shit
>duel jesus plays card games in a bike
Come on, anon. GX had Judai in love with an hermaphrodite being, original had people getting killer over Card games, ZEXAL had kids dying.
>>
>>159034825
5Ds first half > Arc V's first 30 episodes > DM > GX > Zexal = 5Ds second half > Arc V's last 100 episodes
Arc-V is among the worst wastes of time I've ever seen
>>
As much as I enjoyed the original the first time, it's pretty flawed in a few areas. 5Ds though is pretty damn good.

>>159035795
It has the best and catchiest OP's in the series
>>
>>159036970
>Arc-V is among the worst wastes of time I've ever seen

How so? I haven't seen it yet but plan on watching it soon.
>>
>>159037057
First 50 episodes are pretty strong, but the show doesn't pay off well, and there is a literal block of 50 episodes in the middle that mean NOTHING in the grand scheme of the plot.
>>
File: d84fb4a52816f530540072987339ee78.jpg (795KB, 1280x1800px) Image search: [Google]
d84fb4a52816f530540072987339ee78.jpg
795KB, 1280x1800px
>>159036758
I love DM/NAS to death and I agree with you in most of your points but saying it was a good adaptation is far from reality.
Most of Bakura's interactions with Yugi and friends were cut out, replacing them with non-sense like Bandit Keith's duel with Yugi, the anime version of the first RPG was joke and what the fuck were those magic Egyptian lasers in Battle Ship about.
>>
>>159035935
I wanted to used subs,but every time I used subs,nobody know who I was talking about here
>>
>>159035328
Agreed. 5Ds up to the end of Dark Signers is easily the best YGO anime and definitely one of my favorite anime in general. It's just fucking solid.
>>
>>159037057
It has an incredibly strong first 52-55 or so episodes with an ensemble cast that gets pretty solid relevance and development and then just stops trying to do anything with that beyond ep 64 and basically loathes to let the characters interact for anything more than the absolute minimum required to convey plot details during the later parts of the show. It honestly feels like the writers gradually just gave up entirely for some reason and I don't know why. There WAS a notable increase in card shilling as the show progressed though, so it's possible they just gave up after enough interference.
>>
>>159037057
first 20 episode are bad,episode 30 was a dark duel that made it gain popularity,synchro arc was repititive and the villain were bad/not that strong of a villain,xyz was rush,fusion was perfect with some people didn't like the ending of fusion arc,but the show ended pretty badly with character development being force/wrong way,the last 10 ep was extremely rush,and the first 2 arc made us think yuzu was the best female protagonist but they made her like akiza from 5d and set her aside pissing a lot of people like me,the biggest problem was every character was loved in the series yet everyone got soo little screen time,it had too big of a cast.
>>
>>159038094
Thing is, synchro was still better than what came after it. Xyz, fusion and pendulum were all pieces of pure shit that made fucking synchro look decent.
>>
>>159038288
What was so bad about Synchro?
>>
>>159035935
Not really the worst, even at it's weakest parts I found it more enjoyable than the weaker parts of 5D's, partially because I didn't care for a lot of the cast. It didn't live up to its potential, but if you look back the Fusion arc had plenty of good duels, with a few interesting plot points and moments and that's more than you can say for a lot of stuff. Similarly even with XY in such a mess you get duels like the double duel with Grace and Gloria. At the time I was into the card game again and that just made it feel much better until DN went down.

I can't speak for Zexal and I've only read a few of the manga series.
>>
>>159038701
All of the characters spent the majority of the arc in individual locked hotel rooms, which was a black hole of character interaction and growth.
The core plot is a shot-for-shot adaptation of the Fortune Cup Arc of 5Ds.
All of the OG characters outside of the villain are completely stupid and deserved the villain taking them over.
It's a year long.
Absolutely nothing happened that actually carried over and mattered in future episodes. Crow and Jack return but they do nothing but say lines other characters could say and job in duels that other characters could job in.
>>
>>159038887
Just read the synopsis of Arc V and it looks like dueling has been relegated to entirely nothing but entertainment.
>>
>>159038701
Zero character interaction, Yuzu becomes trash, that fucking cockblock episode, everything >>159038887 said, the list goes on. The only good character introduced in Synchro is Roget and only because he's too fun to watch.
>>
>>159039007
One of the major themes of the show is a balance between Entertainment and Practicality. The MC wants to make people smile with dueling and the enemy faction (as well as resistance factions that show up) is using extremely practical dueling to decimate foes.

The problem with this is that Yuya is a very poorly-written MC. He goes through important character development that teaches him about how there's a time and place for making people smile, to the point where he is WILLING TO COMPLETELY DITCH HIS IDEALS TO SAVE HIS WAIFU, then he just...forgets it. After a time, this eventually progresses into him being a mindless EGAO-spewing duel zombie that brainwashes villains into his cult of EGAO and fighting for the side of good.

Because why bother actually having a complex talk about there being a time and place for fun and games, right?
>>
>>159039018
>The only good character introduced in Synchro is Roget and only because he's too fun to watch
He was too good for this shitshow.
>>
>>159035595
Arc-V past episode 50 is irredeemable shit.
>>
Arc V
>>
Found a collection of Bittorrent files for Yu-Gi-Oh! soundtracks and some episodes.

http://yugioh.edwardk.info/
>>
>>159034825
DM is best. But there are others that are also good.
GX is pretty entertaining and watchable. I don't know how.
Early 5D is kino.
Other than this it's just average. It's watchable but not great. That said, I didn't bother watching Zexal but I saw a late season episode and that was pretty good.
>>
>>159040374
>Early 5D is kino
...does that mean good or bad?
>>
I don't understand why people act like Arc-v was great in the first 50 episodes and only got bad at synchro. It had consistently terrible art and animation (remember when the discussion threads kept promising it would get better when the skilled animators were back from working on DSoD?), and even worse was based on the premise of duels as entertainment with an MC who was utterly incapable of having entertaining duels. Pendulums + action cards combined to make some of the most repetitive and predictable duels in the series, and were vastly worse even than Zexals stand battle duels.

>>159035931
>>159035828
As someone who watched Zexal in sub from the start, it definitely was bad from the start. Yuma crosses the line into pure retardation too many times to take him seriously when he's in a serious battle. That being said, I also agree with Zexal 2 being some of the best yugioh out there.

>>159035328
This is correct. 5ds is great, but the original manga is still the best.
>>
>>159040374
In terms of enjoyment, Zexal is 5ds in reverse. Zexal has a bunch of really frustrating moments in the first half, with a few great moments, but in the second half it builds on the characters of the first half and honestly ends up great. Given the weakness of the first half, it's kind of amazing how well it sticks the second half, much like how in 5ds, given the strength of the first half, it absolutely shits the bed in the second half.

I'm still salty over how quickly 5ds went from great to really-fucking-boring.
>>
>>159040817
Maiami Championship had plenty of good duels, both Yuya vs Reiji duels were fantastic, and there was still a semblance of character development and interaction before Synchro. It's obviously not one episode on in its own the mark of the series decay but it certantly got worse after entering Synchro.
>>
>>159040817
Yuya's duels were absolutely typically pretty boring (the ones without the following characters or Mieru involved anyway), but Shun, Sora, Sawatari, Gongenzaka, Yuzu, and Reiji all had really exciting duels throughout standard arc and some beyond. Yuto and Yugo (especially Yugo) also had good duels almost whenever they did duel.

Arc-V did a bad job with the broad narrative elements in its latter half (especially when compared to how zexal evolves in that respect), but I'd say the more typical moment to moment duel shit was handled fairly well compared to zexal since not every duel in ARC-V was protect the castle bullshit.
>>
the first one better
>>
>>159041144
I don't think Zexal ever reaches the sort of peak that 5Ds started with since even when it gets good it has tonal problems that keep it down a notch compared to how fucking good early 5ds is; but calling it a reverse 5ds is an apt comparison nonetheless.
>>
>>159041491
Mild error here. Pacing problems; not tonal problems.
>>
>>159040552
good
>>
File: C8VAfnyUMAAGMpm.jpg (142KB, 1200x904px) Image search: [Google]
C8VAfnyUMAAGMpm.jpg
142KB, 1200x904px
How did the man who directed the best Yu-Gi-Oh anime also directed the worst Yu-Gi-Oh anime?
>>
>Bought Dark Side of Dimensions bluray cause I have nostalgia for dub and enjoyed the theatrical run
>Surprised to find the bluray has the Japanese version
>Decide to watch, love the Japanese cast
>The subs are just subtitles of the english script, and not accurate at all for some scenes

Oh well.
>>
>>159041942
Are you talking about Arc V or what?
>>
>>159042231
You are one lucky anon.
https://ygorganization.com/dsod-home-release-error/
>>
>>159034825
5d's first half and GX's second half are the best in the series. I don't count the original Duel Monsters because the original manga's superior to that
>>
>>159039591
Would have liked Roger more if it wasn't for the fact that we spend 50 episodes seeing him play chess and then he just uses more fucking Ancient Gears.
>>
>>159042578
Eyyy, thanks anon.
>>
File: but you still take damage.jpg (2MB, 2560x1420px) Image search: [Google]
but you still take damage.jpg
2MB, 2560x1420px
>>159041418
>the more typical moment to moment duel shit was handled fairly well
>>
File: 1468813441884.jpg (65KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1468813441884.jpg
65KB, 1024x576px
>>159042746
>Sister drops food onto ground
>Picks it up while saying "Five second rule."

>Mfw but you'll still take damage
>>
>>159034825
DM manga > GX > don't care about the rest but probably 5D's
>>
>>159042850
Why GX? What did you like about it?
>>
I remember watching GX on 4kids and getting confused as to why it ended with Jaden dying. Fuck 4kids
>>
>>159041253
I actually rewatched some of the 'better' duels in Arc-v recently, and they are far less appealing the second time through.
A lot of them are a case of a complete lack of variety in their duel styles: once you've seen Shun go through his rank up chain, it's pretty much all he does in every duel, and the same holds true for Reiji's synchro, fusion, xyz spam (Yuya strangely has the opposite problem, he has so many different random performpals his deck has next to no consistency at all and feels incohesive). Going back to the first time they did it isn't as impressive because you've been watching them do it for every duel they've had since.
Also, they were intense at the time because of how much they stood out from the humdrum duels that were the norm in the first half, but compared to the duels in 5ds, or even Zexal, they drop off quickly after the first viewing. They're far from bad, and still some of Arc-v's strongest moments, but they're still don't hold up to what we've seen in other series.

(I also think it's a problem of the characters also: it's a lot harder to care when we've seen that nothing that develops from those duels really sticks to the plot in any way.)

>>159041418
Your list is pretty good, but it's telling that almost every character jobs HARD in the second half. It feels like Gundam seed destiny where the shit second half undermines a lot of what made the first half interesting.

>>159042231
Do the subs actually mess up the plot, or is it just character names and card names and whatnot? I was considering buying it, but hearing about the botched subs has me reconsidering.
>>
>>159035795
Masaaki Endo OPs were the best fucking thing.
>>
File: 30259032_p0.jpg (374KB, 874x1240px) Image search: [Google]
30259032_p0.jpg
374KB, 874x1240px
>>159042578
Thank fuck they actually are fixing it. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>159043128
>Do the subs actually mess up the plot, or is it just character names and card names and whatnot?
Yes, but the BD is supposed to have the Japanese version of the script as well. It does now, but the first batch didn't by mistake.

The dub changes some of the baseline of Kaiba's motivations and has it pick up from the anime canon. It's honestly a bit of a gag dub in places. The original is manga canon and actually explains shit.
>>
GX had a certain charm to it.
>>
What the fuck was up with that Darkside Dimension movie. Did they get rid of the rules again?
>>
>>159043367
They explained Dimension Duel rules when it came up: it's not complicated. You can normal summon any monster without tributing regardless of level, and instead of battle damage, you take damage equal to the attack of your destroyed monster.
>>
File: 03.jpg (228KB, 776x612px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
228KB, 776x612px
>>159043367
>>
File: 52890723_p0.jpg (191KB, 480x746px) Image search: [Google]
52890723_p0.jpg
191KB, 480x746px
>>159043311
I just noticed the link about the flaw linked by that other anon. I'm very relieved, as it's a release I do want to support, and I hate buying media I can't watch (in this case, buying the jp release and then downloading a proper subbed version).

Have another Kotori, I recently did a pixiv run, and have plenty to go around.
>>
>>159043367
They did go back to summoning in face-up defense position for some reason.
>>
Watching/reading guide when?
>>
File: 29174168_p3.jpg (2MB, 1600x1529px) Image search: [Google]
29174168_p3.jpg
2MB, 1600x1529px
>>159043563
Face up? Or face down? What is the most patrician option?
>>
>>159043722
Literally just google [series] watching guide.
>>
>>159043763
Face-down Attack position, of course.
>>
>>159043766
Sorry, forgot to add "recommended" to the beginning. As in, which parts should be avoided.
>>
>>159043792
What was even the point of the errata for this card? It has literally never done anything and Links can't be Face-down anyway.
>>
>>159043805
There's watch guides for every series but Arc-V. Arc-V has the unfortunate side effect where your options are between
>watch until Episode 53 and then make up fanfiction
>Watch most of the series and no matter what feel the decline in quality because even if you skip the worst parts it still goes downhill.
>>
File: Yugioh Epilogue.jpg (224KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Yugioh Epilogue.jpg
224KB, 1080x1080px
>>159034825
The duel monsters manga (plus the movie) is one of the best things to ever come out of Shonen Jump. The first anime was a pretty shit adaption, but it still created a worldwide phenomenon on the strength and creativity of the source material. GX was an unfocused mess, 5Ds was ruined by executive bullshit so hard it nearly killed yugioh in Japan, Zexal was an entirely adequate kids show, and Arc-V was somehow worse than 5Ds and GX.
>>
How good are the gem beasts cards?
>>
>>159043999
I'd say "watch until ep 55" would be more accurate. That first Riding Duel was pretty great and the way security tried to catch Yugo in spite of him winning the duel was good at setting it apart from 5Ds.

But yeah that's a pretty accurate assessment of things.
>>
>>159044720
They aren't. Like, at all.
>>
>>159044720
Even their pendulums are trash, honestly.
>>
File: 30201951_p0.jpg (166KB, 650x550px) Image search: [Google]
30201951_p0.jpg
166KB, 650x550px
>>159044009
>Zexal was an entirely adequate kids show
>Kaito_on_the_moon.png
Why are japanese kids shows so good?
>>
>>159043908
That's why they made Book Of Moon anon.
>>
>>159044950
I never got the point of cards that are strictly worse than other ones. I guess they work as Duel Links fodder in the present though.
>>
>>159044915
Space ambulance makes it kid friendly.
>>
>>159035817
Kaiser btfoing Judai was great imo.
>>
>>159043022
It was funny, the characters were likable and Judai is my favorite protag. I liked the conclusion with Yubel.
Also Asuka best grill.
I can see why others might not like it and it does have numerous flaws but I still find it enjoyable.
>>
>>159034825
GX was the best for me personally. It had an internal arc of Dueling slice of life to b-grade shounen plot, to shounen plot 2: more tropes, before subverting that in season 3 and coming out the other end in 4 with the message that you can grow up and still have fun.

Haven't finished 5ds, but I'm not quite into it since Yusei is not that fun a character to watch, nor does his VA give him much range. KENN as Judai was the perfect pick.
>>
>>159044915
Four is such a retarded and funny character holy shit
>>
I wonder when we will get the blade runner of card games.
>>
>>159045632
What does that even mean?
>>
>>159034825
DM because of he Yugi-Atem dinamic and some arc are really fun. Vrains has potential. 2 autis helping each other to heal sounds really COMFY.
>>
My Favorite part of yugioh is the first part of GX. When the duels meant nothing, and they were having duel tests and Crowler was threatening to through people out of school. I enjoyed no drama yugioh.
>>
I want a series with no holograms or overly dramatic shit that's just about people playing the card game. Then they get to really high level play and become disillusioned because of how shitty and unfun playing within the meta is.
>>
>>159046165
>5-episode OVA about how the game is dying.
But seriously what you're looking for is Episode 9 of Akiba's Trip.
>>
>>159045758
A yugioh show with the setting and some of the themes of bladerunner I assume.
>>
>>159046210
>I negate the effect that negates the effect that negates the effect!
This made me laugh even though it's not remotely representative of how the actual game is.
>>
The current one (Vrains) is the best so far.
>>
>>159046296
But you cant negate a negation, not trying to kill the fun but it just sounds stupid.
>>
>>159035817
Judai, Johan, Jim Crow, O'Brien, Amon, Edo, Hell Kaiser, Chronos, Yubel, Misawa, and Kenzan are the second best cast in the franchise, my dude. Watch the subs for a better experience.
>>
>>159046368
Why not?
>Black Rose Dragon activates effect destroying all cards on field when summoned
>El Shaddoll Shekhinaga activates effect negating and destroying Black Rose for the cost of discarding a Shaddoll card
>Clear Wing Synchro Dragon activates effect negating and destroying Shekhinaga since it's Level 5+
>Effect Veiler then discards itself to negate Clear Wing's effect
>>
>>159043034
The next episode literally showed the aftermath of the Yubel arc and Judai coming back in his new attire asking for fried shrimp. They couldn't do one more important episode for god sakes.
>>
>>159046368
What are you on about you can totally negate a negation.
>Activate monster effect
>Breakthrough skill to negate that effect
>Seven Tools to negate Breakthrough skill
>Solemn to negate Seven Tools
>Counter Counter to negate Solemn
That's literally half the point of chains.
>>
>>159046695
Last time I checked the chains ends with El Shaddoll, you cant negate the negate.
>>
>>159046695
And then Clear Wing negate that shit because it target a Lv5+ monter
>>
>>159046934
Why not? They're all SS2, they can respond to each other. Of course the more likely scenario is that Black Rose would get Striked, but still.
>>159046954
True, I was just trying to come up with something that would be "negate the effect that negates the effect that negates the effect".
>>
>>159046934
I've been playing at the tournament level since day 1 and this has literally never been the case. You remember wrong.
>>
>>159046638
Why are they the second best cast in the franchise?
>>
>>159035079
It had the best villain.

He was so good they even gave him his own movie.

And it was legit good. Dark Side of Dimensions was probably the best Yu-Gi-Oh related item to come out of the franchise in a while.
>>
>>159041418
Every duel in Arc V was boring shit without the amazing OST and the Zexal tier animation. Zexal was the last series that actually cared about the way a duel should be handled and retaining some sort of effort.
>>
>>159043163
Ozone's full version blew me away.
>>
>>159047182
>Zexal is literally "get out ace monster and protect it" for 99% of duels
>good
>>
>>159037697
>>159036970
Just started watching Arc-V and I'm on episode 18 or so. Nothing mindblowing but I'm enjoying it quite a lot so far.
Should I really just drop it after 50-60 episodes?
>>
>>159034825
5D's had the best jp memes. Fucking loved the entire show, not just the "up to daguna" shit I keep hearing.
>>
>>159047107
I thought Kaiba was kinda sad and pathetic in Dark Side of Dimensions. His desperate chasing after Atem's shadow felt like one of his lower points.

Meanwhile, Yugi toughened up considerably. Compared to Kaiba's brute force strategies, Yugi's manipulation and insight was more interesting to watch, even moreso than any of Atem's duels were.
>>
>>159047283
Yes.
>>
>>159047095
They actually effected the course of the story, all of their character arcs were developed without any hindrances, and were an entertaining bunch. DM is the only other series that has an actual well developed cast.
>>
>>159047283
Yes. It really, really shits the bed afterwards. See >>159039018 and >>159038887 for why the next season is terrible. The final season is even worse.
>>
>>159047327
The thing I don't like about DSoD is that the whole point seems to be that everyone needs to move on from Atem passing on, but then it ends with Kaiba actually getting into the afterlife and finding Atem.
>>
>>159047327
Admittedly, though, it was really heavy on the asspulls. But I guess that's something that's always happened. No self-respecting duelist would use the same deck over and over, and since we rarely see anyone's full deck beforehand, pretty much everyone pulls out a brand new card they've never shown before every duel. But it also kind of means that anyone can asspull their way to victory. Yugi pulling out his pyramid trick was supposed to be a great reversal moment, but I didn't even know those cards existed up until then.

>>159047403
Kaiba was always the least mature of the cast.
>>
>>159047243
I know it was shit with the Xyz summoning and protect the only monster worth a damn gimmick but I meant the soul and effort put in the duels.

Compare Nasch vs Vector with any duel in Arc V and you'll see how empty that shit is. Arc V was like an imitation that didn't even try to pull it off.
>>
>>159047317
>best memes
>implying anything was better than BOOKS!
>>
File: 13.jpg (573KB, 1280x1805px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
573KB, 1280x1805px
>>159047403
Fine by me, it means my favourite doujin is canon
>>
File: magic-deflector ego.jpg (1MB, 1280x2129px) Image search: [Google]
magic-deflector ego.jpg
1MB, 1280x2129px
>>159047403
In the same movie where he blocks mystical magic with his ego amplifier Duel Disk. That's just what Kaiba does.
>>
Everyone grows up. But Kaiba? Kaiba will never grow up.
>>
>>159047327
I felt it was more about finally getting closure.
>>
>>159039018
Don't forget hotels with no orgies, everyone jobs and lives on floors, EGAO asspulls, worst villains ever televised, animation with the budget of Berserk 2020, nostalgia literally humiliating a great series to wank another one, making deformed babies smile, and characters being killed off after days of wasted time.
It was a travesty of multiple proportions.
>>
>>159047468
>but I didn't even know those cards existed up until then.
Because they didn't. Pretty much every card in that movie that wasn't Dark Magician, one of the Magician Girls or Blue-Eyes was completely new.
>>
>>159034825
For me... Zexal.
Goes from bad to great.
Arc-V had great start, went to the worst yu-gi-oh ever.
5Ds and DM were good.
GX was a mistake.
Of course, manga is way better.
>>
>>159047781
Yeah, but the point still stands. Exodia was kinda cool the first time, but pretty much every duel turns out like that. Oh no, Yugi's in a tight spot! But don't worry, he'll just use these cards that no one knew he had up until that point to win! Like I said, it's an inherent flaw of being a show built around a trading card game.
>>
>>159047755
>hotels with no orgies
Please don't lewd the ruris, or at least Serena
>>
>>159047851
Lightforce Sword is the greatest card in the game simply because we see Yugi buy it in advance.
>>
>>159047836
The GX manga you mean? Maybe I should read it. How different is it?
>>
File: 1490505486339.jpg (153KB, 1343x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1490505486339.jpg
153KB, 1343x1500px
>>159047898
>Please don't lewd the ruris, or at least Serena
But is ok to do it with Serena, I mean a lot of handholding and passionate tonguekissing, right?
>>
>>159047851
The best turn arounds are characters using effects in clever ways, like Yuma's trademark "negate Utopia's own attack so Double or Nothing can be activated".
>>
>>159034825
Im only rating the manga here since I haven't seen the anime for everything.

Original>5Ds>Arc-V>GX>Zexal

Original is great because it establishes everything, is fun and has a dark tone. The characters are solid too, though the supporting cast is fairly weak, Kaiba, Marik, and Bakura more than make up for it.

5Ds is really fun because of the speed duels bringing a fresh take on the series. The races bring action during duels even when there isn't much going on and synchro summoning is cool.

Arc-V manga is pretty dark throughout so far and has a lot of mysterious elements to it, which I personally like. I like all of the characters in the manga so far and pendulum summoning is my favorite summoning methd in the actual game. I would rank it higher but it isn't finished so you never know how it could go. The art is really good too.

GX, overall great continuation of the YGO original world. Great series and it being ranked this low doesn't mean its not as good.

Zexal is the weakest, despite xyz summoning being so damn flexible. The characters are all awful and it's pretty child audience oriented.
>>
>>159047898
>Still calling them Ruris
>After the worst and shit girl of the four
Don't worry kid, she was already lewd enough after her 'treatment'.
>>
>>159048170
Ok, can you tell me why you hate on Serena please?
>>
File: IMG_2806.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2806.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>159047898
I'll go lewd the shota then.
>>
>>159047836
I don't know why you guys keep saying GX is a mistake when the other series fucked up alot of times and it's actually great.
>>
>>159048170
>After the worst and shit girl of the four
That's Rin for you.
>Serena>Yuzu>Ruri>Rin
>>
>>159048205
>Implying I don't despise all the characters
She's just fap bait anon but she is best girl in a shit show.
>>
File: 61262434_p15.jpg (511KB, 1200x672px) Image search: [Google]
61262434_p15.jpg
511KB, 1200x672px
>>159047723
This.
Kaiba has access to an almost reality-defying technology and it makes sense with his personality he would use it to try and transcend common sense to get Atem back. I think going to the afterlife is different for him than reviving him, because Atem stays dead and unless Kaz states the contrary, Kaiba might not be able to make multiple trips to the afterlife. So he gets his duel and his clousure regardless of the outcome of the duel and comes back to play not-card games in space with Yugi like in >>159044009.
>>
>>159048403
>Implying I don't despise all the characters
How could you?! Just because the show failed at the end thanks to Konami BUY BLACKWINGS and Ono not helping at the end doesn't meant ALL the characters deserve hate.
The next thing you tell me is that everyting in VRAINS is shit because the show is shit too.
>>
>>159047583
>>159047403
>>159047107

>Deflects magic with science
>Pulls a God card out of nowhere
>Built a billion dollar space station to put together a puzzle
>Built a machine to travel to the after life
>Built a machine that can replicate a persons thoughts so he can have an almost flawless replica of Atem to duel against

He's obsession was pretty deep, all things given.

That end scene where he stands and raises his Duel disk and Atem smiles on his throne was great.
>>
>>159048515
And yet, he still got beaten by Yugi.
>>
>>159048569
So did Atem.
>>
>>159045513
It was fun, but the academia aspect didn't click with me that much, the preppy look didn't help either, regular clothes would have been better
>>
More like WHY THE FUCK IS THERE A SCHOOL FOR DUELING. WHAT THE FUCK, KAIBA.

I mean, seriously. What are you doing to these kids? What the hell could playing children's card games possibly contribute to their adult lives? Are you telling them to feed themselves with card games? Live in a card house, sleep in a card bed and eat cards for breakfast?
>>
>>159039018
>The only good character introduced in Synchro is Roget
Only relatively since most synchro characters were actually actively unlikeable. The way he went out and left the show makes him look like a wet fart lost to the wind, which might as well be what he amounts to
>>
>>159048375
>That's Rin for you
>Not the girl who lost to the ugliest character
Rin can win duels, kick Yugo's ass, and still highly fuckable.
>>
>>159048515
>>159048569
>we'll never get the movie that Kaz originally planned that didn't even have Yugi in it.
>>
>>159048093
The 5D's manga was bottom of the barrel garbage, I don't know how you could rate it above the GX manga
>>
>>159048829
Source?
>>
>>159048787
Math is important and so is reading the cards
>>
>>159048868
Nobody reads the cards though.
>>
>>159048480
>The next thing you tell me is that everything in VRAINS is shit because the show is shit too
Don you dare badmouth VRAINS again or I'll throttle you, immediately. And if there was a character anyone could still like in Arc V, it would be somewhat salvageable.
>>
>>159048237
Is it worth it to watch Arc-V past ep 50+ for Sora? I can't remember where I stopped watching it the first time around but last I remember the show hadn't gone to shit yet so it was definitely before I hit the fifties.
>>
>>159048890
At least in the 4Kids version they don't
>>
>>159048890
Then that's why they will grow up into retards, their fault for not reading
>>
>>159048794
Rin is literally just the idiotic tsundere shit that Yuzu did in early Arc-V except that's her entire character.
>>
>>159048901
Just saying. People tend to start loving some characters and then hating them because the show went to shit.
I still cannot forgive the traitors and all Konami and Ono for ruining Serena, Shun and Sawatari
>>
GX was not only the best Yu-Gi-Oh series, but also the best show in the entire cute girls doing cute things genre.
>>
>>159048787
think of it as profesional american football, they get schoolarships, go to practice and shit while they get regular classes
>>
>>159048794
>and still highly fuckable.
Reason of why she has to sell herself to old men to buy the parts for the D-Wheel that is now rest in pieces and to get Crystal Wing.
>>
>>159048902
No, because he's barely relevant during Synchro and is part of the jobbing crew in Fusion.
>>
>>159047317
>implying
The best spin-off memes and nico videos came from the GX and Zexal era.
>>
>>159048852
Interview with Kaz about the movie. He mentioned that at one point the staff was working on a movie that was just about Kaiba, but everyone agreed that it wasn't really a DM movie without Yugi, so they worked him into it and ended up changing a lot of the script.

I don't have a link to the interview though. I might try to dig it up later but don't get your hopes up.
>>
>>159049086
The real problem with the movie wasn't Yugi, it was Aigami, because nobody actually gave a fuck about him but his stuff takes up like a third of the running time.
>>
>>159049036
>おい、デュエルしろよ
>プラ/シド
>まるで意味がわからんぞ!
>俺たちの満足はこれからだ!
>>
>>159049086
But what is Kaiba withouth Yugi? The only good Kaiba only episodes were the ancient Egypt ones.
>>
>>159049016
>Sora loses relevance and then gets reduced to being a jobber
Oh well, no time lost then.
>>
>>159049125
>>159049266
He didn't talk about the original script much (for obvious reasons), but he did mention that it was always about Kaiba trying to revive the Pharoah and getting closure on that, so it's likely Aigami was always there, just as an opponent to Kaiba instead of Yugi.

Considering past interviews with Kaz and the Transcend Game prequel, it's possible that the original plot was more focused on Priest Seto and Kisara, since one of Kaz's regrets is that he never got to actually do a satisfying story arc about that due to almost dying.
>>
File: IMG_0898.jpg (185KB, 2048x1105px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0898.jpg
185KB, 2048x1105px
>>159048569

Kaiba smirked and had a face down card. He likely had a counter for Yugi's combo given how many simulations he's been playing.
>>
>>159049447
If you look at his duel disk closely in that scene, it showed that his face-down was Polymerization.

I don't have the movie on this laptop or I'd get the screencap myself.
>>
>>159049447
His facedown was Polymerization, which wasn't going to do shit.
>>
>>159048901
>Don you dare badmouth VRAINS again or I'll throttle you, immediately.
Vrains looks ugly and Go is a shit character
>>
>>159049561
The 3D modelling is leagues better than ZeXal was, and even a bit better than Arc-V. I'm pretty sure they blew all of their animation budget on the new particle effects for Wind and all of the different card animations with like 5 layers to them.
>>
>>159049708
It was a waste then, because the rest of the animation during duels is garbage.
>Blue Angel activates field spell
>not even a color change
>>
>>159049530
>>159049534
Kaiba always tries to brute force his shit. He often does have a plan, but his plan is always "summon a stronger thing". Also, he's really predictable with his obsession with Blue Eyes. Yugi would have knowledge of any new iterations of Blue Eyes, so he'd basically have a good idea of most of Kaiba's potential battle plans.
>>
File: zexal.png (640KB, 1040x590px) Image search: [Google]
zexal.png
640KB, 1040x590px
Why was zexal so damn chuuni?
It's fucking great.
>>
>>159049708
>wasting resources on that travesty of a summon sequence
Further proof of the incompetency going on behind Vrains

The digital and particle effects are the best looking thing in the show but like 1-3 guys can do that stuff for the entire show using adobe suite, it's not really /that/ complex
>>
>>159049761
And yet a lot of the non-dueling scenes look really nice. I know it's really due to the amount of animation required, but still. I am still amazed as to how much Vrains duels are terrible and yet the non-duel portions are really solid (Go and the world's shittiest preschoolers notwithstanding).
>>
>>159048515
Funny thing is, Kaiba probably spent the rest of his life visiting Atem and probably never won
>>
>>159048950
And that's exactly why there are zero characters that aren't shit. It'd be a miracle if anyone still cares after what happened.
>>
>>159048929
>Yuzu's character is "Yuya! Save me again!"
I say it's about the same. Also her character is a mother figure actually.
>>
>>159048992
Don't let the memes fool you boi.
>>
File: DCSKf9tU0AEZEwK.png orig.png (218KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DCSKf9tU0AEZEwK.png orig.png
218KB, 640x480px
>>159045621
IV is unironically one of my favorite characters to have ever come out of this godforsaken franchise
>>
>>159041942
Maybe Kamishiro egged him on in creating the worst Yugioh.

Yoshida comes across as the bumbling writer who isn't that good, but fumbles through his job earnestly like a good little peon
>>
>>159049530
>>159049534
Ah, so it was more of a smile of acceptance and realizing he had to go with plan B.

>>159049763
Not like it matters if he had a plan or not most of the time. He was a normal guy up against people who cheated with literal ancient Egyptian magic. Hell, his rivals millennium puzzle's power was literally "Pull the card I need when I need it".

Money can only do so much against that bullshit.
>>
File: IMG-20170627-WA0015.jpg (129KB, 865x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170627-WA0015.jpg
129KB, 865x1280px
>TWF NO EPISODE TOMORROW
Sad Aoi
>>
File: faily.jpg (71KB, 688x800px) Image search: [Google]
faily.jpg
71KB, 688x800px
If 5D's didn't get ruined by the cult scandal it would be the best
>>
>>159050209
Anyone can do that. Kaiba does that repeatedly. It's been stated that the cards react to the will of the user. Kaiba's strong will and the loyalty he commands from his cards will automatically allow him to draw whatever card he needs. All the top-level Duelists can do this. It's not an ability at all; the cards have always been vaguely sentient, so it's by their will that the decks shuffle in their master's favor.
>>
>>159049998
>Yuzu's character is "Yuya! Save me again!"
Only after the show went to shit. During the first season she had a relatively competent storyline of wanting to get better by learning Fusion and actually putting effort into doing so.
>>
>>159050224
A series either starts out bad and ends good or starts out good and ends bad. Obviously it was inevitable.
>>
>>159050299
NTR vives with Sora were really hard those episodes.
>>
>>159050299
Awesome but she still went to shit in the worst anime I watched. Now if it was reversed it could of been another Zexal.
>>
>>159050210
blue angel's hair looks better down
>>
File: DCPhJQHUIAAmAHb.png orig.png (790KB, 731x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DCPhJQHUIAAmAHb.png orig.png
790KB, 731x1024px
>>159049708
How good a show looks goes way beyond polygon count. It's how everything on screen manages to mesh together, along with storyboarding and camera angle choices.

I can kinda see that they're trying and there are some moments (like when Encode Talker delievered the final attack and some Den City scenes) but I hardly remember the last time a tv Yugioh duel looked really cool visually within the past year and a half.

Vrains still has some slack since with episode 6 and 7 it feels like it's finally starting to find some kind of footing and might just need more time, but how boring Link Vrains is and the just ok OST is so meh
>>
>Step 1: Summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon. This is preliminary, it's something you can always expect Kaiba to do.
>Step 2: Ritual Summon Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon
>Step 3: Summon Deep-Eyes White Dragon, which can be Special Summoned when a when a Level 8 dragon monster is destroyed, which, in this case, is MAX Dragon. Also, it can inherit the Attack of one dragon in your Graveyard which, in this case is, again, MAX Dragon. Also, when it's destroyed, it destroys all of your opponent's cards.

As long as Yugi knows that these three cards exist, he can plan any number of counters against Kaiba. Yugi and Atem are flexible, manipulative, clever and have plans on top of plans. Kaiba, o nthe other hand, can always be expected to do more or less the same thing.

Also, for some reason despite being one of the greatest duelists ever, Kaiba always seems to get blindsided by Magic and Trap cards. Also, he should have known better than to use a Magic Card that Yugi gave him, especially if it's Monster Reborn of all things. This is basically the same strategy he used against Atem.
>>
>>159050330
>DM
Good>Meh (filler)>Good
>GX
Campy good>Edgy good
>5Ds
Good>Bad
>Zexal
Bad>Good
>ARC-V
Good>Bad
>>
>>159050210
Will Aoi get healed or go down to an abyss of despair and pain?
>>
>>159050357
I don't recall Yuzu showing the slightest interest in Sora or vice versa, but ok.
>>
>>159034825
So have been out of the dueling game for a while.

Are the new pendulum monster any good or an I better off using the xyz monsters? Or Syncros?

Last thing I used was a Six Samurai deck way back when GX was airing.
>>
>>159050426
I think the OST is pretty decent. Arc-V kinda spoiled us. A lot of people think that ZeXal has a really good OST, but really it's just 5 tracks that are actually good. The rest is knowing how to use specific tracks in the moment to try and get you hyped up.

I do agree with you on everything else, though.
>>
>>159050464
>Also, he should have known better than to use a Magic Card that Yugi gave him, especially if it's Monster Reborn of all things. This is basically the same strategy he used against Atem.
It's called symbolism, anon.
>>
>>159034972
this
>>
>>159050532
Current meta is two archetypes: Zoodiacs which are Xyz, and True Dracos, which are tribute summoning.
>>
>>159050532
all of it it's shit now, Links will kill extra decks
>>
>>159050554
Zexal's OST was on that 'it's just good, not great' tier but I think it worked slightly better because it fit the show stylistically so well, like the composer wanted it to be the perfect fit for this one show.

I mean it's not like the OST in Vrains is mismatched but it feels kinda generic when in this instance higher energy tracks would've helped to mask some of the visual problems like what the OST did for Arc-V
>>
>>159050562
I know, but I still feel like Kaiba fell into Yugi's trap too easily.

Let's be real, the only reason Kaiba's considered one of the best duelists is literally just because he has the strongest monsters.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (24KB, 407x361px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
24KB, 407x361px
>>159050499
I do
>>
>>159050532
>Are the new Pendulum Monsters
Pendulums are 3 years old at this point, anon. They're old enough that the new mechanics are allowed to completely fuck them over.

To answer your question, it depends. If you plan on playing competitive-level, then Pendulums aren't all that good and get nerfed hard in a month. If you're planning on playing mostly casual games with your bros, then you can splash a couple of generic pendulums into almost any older deck to give it a bit of a kick-start and improve its speed a bit. Your card pool is probably a bit out of date, so even something as simple as adding 3 TImegazer and 3 Stargazer to it would probably improve your game drastically.

Six Samurai have gotten support in almost every era and now have a Synchro and an Xyz, both of which are pretty decent. They don't have any Pendulums to themselves not that they need it since they already spam themselves out well, but they are getting new support in an upcoming set that lets you skip your opponent's next turn if you control 6 different attributes of Six Samurai.
>>
>>159050673
>Pendulums aren't that good
Were you even playing the game when Pepe ruled overall? 8 cards got banned or limited after that madness.
>>
File: Yuma eating an Onigiri.gif (406KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Yuma eating an Onigiri.gif
406KB, 500x282px
>>159048093
I like how you mainly gave positive details for the top 4 series and just went negative went you talked about zexal, also being "child audience oriented" isn't a good reason for being a bad series, but in the end, it's your opinion and not mine.
>>
>>159050744
That had nothing to do with the Pendulum mechanic, it had to do with retardedly good searchers like Plushfire and Monkeyboard. You might as well argue that Ritual is a fantastic mechanic because Nekroz existed.
>>
>>159050744
>use present tense word to describe how a mechanic is currently treated in the last days of Master Rule 3 and in the upcoming days of Master Rule 4
>then this faggot comes in and starts talking about past tense stuff that I already know about.
Yes, I'm aware that EMEm was a ridiculously busted deck that used Pendulums to make all of their favorite broken Rank 4 Xyz. Were YOU playing then? If you were, you'd know that the problem was the Xyz, not so much the engine that enabled them.
>>
File: 1493224329941.jpg (94KB, 450x230px) Image search: [Google]
1493224329941.jpg
94KB, 450x230px
>>159049398
>it's possible that the original plot was more focused on Priest Seto and Kisara

Fucking why?!
>>
>>159050857
? The engine was the one that got hit. They set it free for one the last shine on the Structure Pendulum Evolution. I expect Pepe/Magicians to get some tops.
>>
>>159044009
It's sad how right this is, Vrains is looking pretty lukewarm as well. The animation is horrid, the characters not very engaging and we already just lost one of them, the sound track is nothing to write home about and the dueling is by far the worst part of the show.
>>
Any good Yugioh seiyuu event?
>>
File: 1485726189115.jpg (638KB, 4176x664px) Image search: [Google]
1485726189115.jpg
638KB, 4176x664px
>>159050658
Rare cards are extremely rare in-universe but I get what you're saying. Consider decks are a reflection of the user and dueling is basically having a conversation. Yugi has always been a calm strategist and got into Kaiba's head by giving him a extremely rare card that also represents his obsession.
>>
>>159050627
They'll kill fusion,pendulum and synchro decks but xyz will be second to them because they're just that damn good and Links are required for more of them
>>
>>159051020
>Hey Konami fix the game
>Ok I got you senpai, I'll launch this blue cards that are not rituals and will apperently slow the game. But to be honest is just a blatant grab of money.
>>
>>159034825
GX was the most fun for me.
>>
>>159050286
if only this happened irl
>>
File: Signers_face_Dark_Signers.jpg (83KB, 1255x720px) Image search: [Google]
Signers_face_Dark_Signers.jpg
83KB, 1255x720px
>>159034825
I know everyone loves the first half of 5ds but it's still highly overrated.

>There was no tension because everyone won
>The Devak duel
>Dark Signers barely interacted
>Kiryu's stupidity
>Rudger jobbing in one episode
>Yusei was embracing his inner Jesus for the first time
>The fucking Pain arc ending
>Barely any development anyone could see

Now I'm not saying it's an incredible arc with a brilliant OST and beautiful animation but it still has flaws. I prefer Season 3 of GX because it had alot more to offer.
>>
>>159050992
>The engine was the one that got hit.
I'll admit that part of the engine was busted, but that's hardly because of Pendulums as a mechanic and almost entirely because of specific broken cards Konami printed that happened to be Pendulums.

>Tribute Summoning is such a busted mechanic. Were you playing when Monarchs were t1?
>Ritual Summoning is such a busted mechanic. Were you playing when Nekroz were t1?
>Fusion Summoning is such a busted mechanic. Were you playing when Shaddolls/Eidolons were t1?
>Synchro Summoning is such a busted mechanic. Were you playing when Crystal Wing was in literally every deck?
>Xyz isn't a busted mechanic at all and is actually quite balanced. Please feel free to peruse my ED of Dantes, Break Swords, F0s, Castel, ect, all of which are perfectly balanced cards with reasonable drawbacks.
I'm very angry at how Konami refuses to actually smack Xyz down except once a year maybe, okay.
>>
>>159050485
Yusaku will heal her and they'll find happiness together.

...Is what I would have said if the writers aren't faggots who repeat plotlines, and actually cared about character development for once.
>>
File: os5xv702Np1sdlzov_500.jpg (136KB, 500x724px) Image search: [Google]
os5xv702Np1sdlzov_500.jpg
136KB, 500x724px
So seeing as the manga has been brought up, I just want to say everything on this page is bullshit.
>>
Even links play second fiddle to xyz. They started out being used with tokens, now Konami made sure to print "Cannot be summoned with tokens" effects on the cards now. How horrible is that when you have 7 different brands of summoning and only 2 of them are viable?
>>
>>159051328
You can make literally any type of summoning viable, you just have to make good cards. See >>159051246
>>
>>159051242
dark signers was the worst arc in 5D's
>>
>>159051382
I get thinking it's inferior to FC but preWRGP was shit
>>
>>159051382
>>159051406
Did I...Did I step into an alternate dimension or something?

Is this nega-/a/?
>>
Man, this really burns me up, Trickstars are stronger than Melodious, Trains, Rose,Cyber girl and Harpies could ever dream of being and they belong to somebody whose already been conveniently dropped out of the plot before the 10th episode!
>>
>>159051316
Speaking of the manga, how old are the yu boys? If Ren is Yugo's descendant, that means that Yugo canonically has had sex, which is weird being that he's basically a teenager.
>>
File: image.jpg (349KB, 1200x1083px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
349KB, 1200x1083px
5D's, closely followed by DM. Arc-V would come next but mostly due to emotional attachment.
>>
>>159050465
Nah it should go like this.

>DM
Great > Decent (Filler) > Bad (Anime)
>GX
Decent > Edgy Greatness
>5Ds
Edgy Greatness > Bad
>Zexal
Terrible > Good
>ARC-V
Good > A Hellish Madness Created From The Incompetent
>>
>>159034825
The original series, anything after is an abomination.
>>
>>159051406
Don't let the animation trick you into thinking everything WRGP and after wasn't shit as well.
>>
>>159051663
Team Taiyou was nice.
>>
>>159051663
WRGP and Arc Cradle weren't the best but they were a lot more coherent than preWRGP. Arc Cradle had the worst 'twist' but it's still more put together as a conclusion than Fusion arc and baby Reira arc since they were that terrible
>>
>>159051574
The thing is, Trickstars are annoying as fuck with their burn damage. This is the first time I've ever liked a deck but not built it because of their gimmick
>>
>>159051574
>Not running Trickstar Melodious feat. Athena.
I mean Melodious' main weakness is that Yuzu never got Pendulums and Ostinato came WAY too late.
>>
>>159051703
Don't get me started on those Mechanical Misfits, that slut Sherry, and a fucking city landing on another. But compared to the worst anime, it resembles good writing. Not that it isn't better than preWRGP though.
>>
>>159051702
It's been 7 years since I watched that duel so I don't even remember anything except Jean not ending his fucking turn. Yusei winning everything was pretty bad as usual.
>>
So what's wrong with Arc-V? The main character seems likeable
>>
>>159051969
>and a fucking city landing on another
A lot about Yliaster was nonsense, but why would the arc cradle structure itself be a comparable problem? It at least bothered to look somewhat like a threat visually. Arc-V in terms of its overall visuals just became a hot garbage fire from around the middle of Synchro and onwards, especially the rough patch called Xyz.
>>
Does Aki even have an archtype? I swear her deck did a complete 180 when she stopped being edgey, she never used Black Garden ever again nor very many cards that would cause things like Rose Tentacles to beat the shit out of the opponent, she got more synchro focused yet only had 1 synchro monster. Maybe the Aroma archetype can be her deck since they're they revolve around healing and Aki grew up to be a doctor
>>
File: 1491271872958.png (42KB, 370x320px) Image search: [Google]
1491271872958.png
42KB, 370x320px
>>159052036
>The main character seems likeable
I have egao PTSD, I politely request that you place a trigger warning before mentioning the character named "Sakaki Yuya"
>>
>>159052013
That was Team Unicorn. Team Taiyou were the guys who built a deck out of normal monsters and stall cards to summon this guy.
>>
>>159052091
Team Ragnarok was a waste of time overall but I admit that the last episode of Yusei vs Harald was a really cool episode to watch on its own. Even if Team Ragnarok shouldn't have existed ideally
>>
>>159052124
WRGP as a whole was basically a bunch of duels that went on too long and all ended with Jesus Fudo winning, so there was no tension.
>>
Why is it that despite 5D's and Arc-V having my favorite archetypes and waifus, I feel extremely pissed off whenever they're brought up, to the point even their summoning methods, synchro and pendulum, make me angry? Is this the power of Ono?

Then again both the 5D's and Arc-V manga are fucking boring,too. Maybe both shows are just plain bad. GX had memes behind it and it's manga was pretty good, the zexal one was good at developing it's characters,too. What happened?
>>
>>159052221
lmao no Yugioh anime in their entire package are actually 'good' if you apply normal standards to them. You need a little masochism

Arc-V manga so far is just boring. The 5D's manga characters were so soulless (even in comparison to their part 2 anime versions) it was almost offensive.
>>
>>159052036
The short version is that it completely goes to shit after its first major arc completes.

The long version is this:
>EGAO is a literal brainwashing technique that turns any bad guy into a good guy no matter how fucked up they were before.
>Anybody that tries to teach Yuya that entertaining duels aren't for when you're fighting an interdimensional war is at best met with an emotional breakdown and at worst EGAO'd in their very next duel.
>Yuya is a fucking terrible protagonist because he refuses to learn anything and resets his character development every ~50 episodes.
>Nobody is allowed to accomplish things in the final arc because Yuya has to be the one to accomplish it. Even when the LITERAL FINAL BOSS ENDS UP BEING A POSSESSED YUYA HE STILL STEALS HIMSELF BACK TO END THE GAME HIMSELF, which was admittedly hype but in very poor taste considering he stole every OTHER duel.
>When Yuya isn't around all of the main characters ask "Where's Yuya?" I'm not even joking.
>Show spends ~50 episodes of its 150 episode run on one of the most pointless and useless arcs in shounen history. Keep in mind that 50 episodes is A YEAR of air time. In a 3-year show. A third of this show literally means nothing and can be skipped wholesale with minimal impact. Even most of the cards are never seen again.
>The writers have no idea how to write payout and blatantly got burnt out partway through their grand scheme of plot. The last 50 episodes is a complete trainwreck as they try to wrap up all of the plot threads from the first 50 episodes AND continue introducing other plot threads to keep the narrative moving along AND have filler here and there.
>The villain is a complete joke
>The Ceremonial Duel isn't one duel but 5 duels about making a baby smile to save the universe, which itself is more retarded than the entirety of GX ever could've hoped to be.

I can go on.
>>
>>159052316
Ok chill, remeber this is just to shill cards? Take it easy.
>>
>>159052523
???
I think you need to learn how to read, anon
>>
>>159052523
ESLs and spics need to leave
>>
File: 1424067717321.gif (1023KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
1424067717321.gif
1023KB, 500x361px
>>159052497
Remember those duels where the brainwashed ruris lost but the duel results themselves didn't matter at all and they just ran off back to the professor who got casually carded without a duel? Remember how Yuya basically defeated Leo and yet again the duel didn't matter because Leo ran off to start his machine anyway thanks to Yusho?
>>
File: 1493181505052.gif (36KB, 128x231px) Image search: [Google]
1493181505052.gif
36KB, 128x231px
For me it was GX, I liked the SOL on the first season, the "fun things are fun are over" on the third and the "what I do with my life" on the last one.

But the second season was just horrible, yeah, it is where the memes came from.
>>
File: Diana.png (625KB, 1000x577px) Image search: [Google]
Diana.png
625KB, 1000x577px
>>159052634
>not the duels that were utterly fucking pointless
>>
>>159052634
Reminder that Shun is now alone on this world as Ruri and Yuto are inside Yuzu's and Yuya's bodies AKA they're dead, what was shun's final apparience on the anime?
He's fucking smiling, how the fuck do you smile knowing that your best friend and sister are dead forever?
>>
>>159049149
Is that really anything compared to the likes of Manjoume, Edo skyboarding, and the entire 2nd season of GX?
>>
>>159052685
I mean those were obvious as being filler duels no one cares about. The """important""" duels in the final arc shouldn't be so easily handwaved away and yet they were
>>
>>159052634
The only reason EGAO didn't work on Leo is because he was already seeking his own EGAO in the form of getting his daughter back.

I actually liked that bit. Leo was a retarded villain that literally tried "did you turn it off and back on again" with the dimensions, but he didn't seem like a bad guy and I would've liked a bit more about him and Ray.
>>
>>159052702
Reminder that there's no reason why the Zarc/Ray kids can't swap bodies like Yuto was able to do when battling the brainwashed Ruris.
>>
>>159052749
He was just smiling with sucide in mind.
>>
>>159052754
I don't recall Yuya ever really speaking a word to Leo about the value of egao since the Zarc possession was happening, though.

In a card game shounen where the duels stand-in as fights you kind of expect for duel results to matter
>>
>>159052775
It won't matter because mr EGAO would take over and because of it, Yuzu takes over too
>>
>>159052819
Arc-V was barely about card games, honestly. They were treated as a weapon that could just as easily be ignored as adhered to.
>Yuya tries to fucking punch Reiji instead of dueling him
>Violence is feared because its violence, not because it's a fucking card game monster that is tearing up the road to shove its chin up Crow's asshole
>Multiple duels with villains end with "well who cares if you won I'll do my thing anyway"
>Dueling itself is treated as an enemy at one point since Zarc uses it as part of his motivation although this never goes anywhere because again the dueling doesn't matter.
It probably didn't help that the lead writer for the show was on-record as disliking having to write card games into everything.
>>
>>159044009
Is attached image an official thing from the manga?
>>
It's kind of fucked up how we all just accept that human society, as presented in the manga/anime, revolves largely around card games.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>159052497
>When Yuya isn't around all of the main characters ask "Where's Yuya?"
If only he returned to his home planet and died on the way.
>>
>>159053058
I don't think that Yuya punch was a big deal. DM has shown punching and other physical violence on occasion. Punching a guy in the face is a far cry from having the capability of using a monster to beam spam them from the stratosphere.
>>
>>159053146
It's called "suspending disbelief".
>>
>>159053146
It's not actually. It doesn't matter how weird a fictional world is as long as the rules it places are kept consistent. The problem is that Yugioh tends to fumble that a lot as well.

Just curious, have you ever bothered watched a piece of media or played a videogame that isn't part of the Yugioh franchise?
>>
your favorite YuGiOh MAD?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25423801
>>
>>159053194
This is why the DM manga is superior. Joey is pretty badass.
>>
File: 55170692_p1.png (161KB, 463x464px) Image search: [Google]
55170692_p1.png
161KB, 463x464px
>>159053261
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18032185
>>
>>159053366
>>159053261
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19217142
>>
all this talk has made me want to watch 5D's again, and man, the difference between the first 3 episodes of 5D's and the first 3 of Vrains is quite notable, i felt hype even though i know how it's gonna end, it's almost like magic
>>
File: exodia.gif (99KB, 262x199px) Image search: [Google]
exodia.gif
99KB, 262x199px
>>159034825
original

kaiba best girl
>>
You can bring one Zarc boy and a Ray girl to Vrains, who would it be?
>>
>>159053720
Well that's not surprise. When I try to think back on the first three episodes of Vrai zzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>159053900
Probably Yuri since Yuto is kind of redundant and Yugo would just be comedy relief that Ai already does. Serena since she's the only bracelet girl I remotely like
>>
>>159052091
I just remembered that giant thing that took to long to summon but Jean came to mind because the writing was hilarious.
>>
>>159052037
I forget why it even happened but a city crushing another city through some Namek countdown imitation sounds like cliched shit.
>>
>>159053058
The duels in Arc V are simply pure shit. There was never a time where you can say that at least this series still feels like Yugioh. It was like no one even knew how to enjoy a duel.
>>
>>159053280
I can't that believe in the anime, his ass is kicked more than it should. Even Honda rocked his shit clean.
>>
>>159053058
>Dueling itself is treated as an enemy at one point since Zarc uses it as part of his motivation
And that is one of the reasons was the Ark Cradle arc was disgusting. Synchro summoning is considered a sin, whereas nothing happens. All that pointless death for nothing since the villains die meaninglessly anyway.
>>
>>159054359
Sounds like you didn't bother to even watch it

I mean, I don't blame you but just say that you didn't instead of pretending
>>
File: 1495915435717.jpg (125KB, 637x476px) Image search: [Google]
1495915435717.jpg
125KB, 637x476px
>>159053058
The whole
>is dueling a good????
>or is it a bad????????
is probably too meta for Yugioh writers and directors to handle in any competent capacity.

Duels work better when they're simply used as the medium for the actual conflict going on between characters.
>>
File: 1424200894332.png (71KB, 268x227px) Image search: [Google]
1424200894332.png
71KB, 268x227px
>>159055557
So close and yet so far
>>
File: yugikuriboh.jpg (102KB, 600x447px) Image search: [Google]
yugikuriboh.jpg
102KB, 600x447px
>>159037703
the only good adaptation was Kagami's wonderful translation of Kaz's character style in anime. I loves how beautiful the cel shade was made and those line strokes. not to mention how full of life the eyes looked and the careful attention to hands is what gave me a fetish for hands
>>
File: Manjoume_s4.jpg (88KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Manjoume_s4.jpg
88KB, 640x480px
>>159034825
5D's was okay, but was murdered by each 2nd half and Yusei staying the same for 100 episodes.

GX was the best using objective standards, and Judai was the best written YGO MC as sad as that is. Manjoume was the best character in the franchise though.

The last 2 series have been utter garbage. VRAINS has a decent protagonist thus far, although since it's Yugioh I have no expectations.
>>
File: 1425200648247.jpg (251KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1425200648247.jpg
251KB, 1920x1080px
The real question should be Sound Duel 4 when?
>>
>>159052124
the best battle was Yusei vs Kiryu as a dark signer, the quality if the animation was nothing compared to the rest of the series, when kiryu laughs and one of his monster got a close up for its blinking
>>
>>159053146
oh man, you should see Vanguard and Buddyfight if you want to see humanity in denial
>>
Look. All I want is more scenes of people putting together their decks or buying cards, planning for an upcoming duel maybe. Allieviate the deus ex machina just a tiny bit will ya?
>>
>>159056332
is funny how that (getting booster packs) only happened once in DM and a few times in GX
building decks happened 1-2 times per protagonist
>>
>>159034825
Original because I was intrigued by the loose Egyptian mythology.
>>
>>159055206
What was so good about it that you're defending it so much? Also 7 years after watching would result in some memory loss.
>>
>>159056438
I didn't even say it was good though, why are you so insecure? Anyone who isn't a dumb spic would know the implication behind
>I don't blame you
meaning that Arc Cradle was bad
>>
DM because the egyptian thing kept the mystery behind it so if card games had some magic, it was backed up by the egyptian shit, also iconic monsters and cool character designs

GX shouldn't be taken serious but it was the last time you'll get to see people using vanilla monsters so often. Nothing good came, not even when trying to bring back the egyptian n shit

5D was a fresh start, has some arcs here and there and it went a bit dark

Zexal just tolerate up to season 2 then it gets good but also dark which is surprising because this was suppose to be more children friendly but had all the loli in short skirt and violence involved.

Arc-V had potential but all wasted in Ono's hard bone for 5D

VRAINS still too soon to make a comment, I want to say is starting slow but maybe it will get good later?
>>
>>159051316
Is the next chapter out yet?
>>
I still don't get all this cock sucking to dark signers. The duels in that part are all mediocre to bad; in a game focused on that I'd say that's a fatal issue. The team tournament was very fun though, although with cringe worthy writing here and there.
The best parts are still in the original; Zexal and arc V do have some strong matchups as well, although they both go to shit in second part. GX is consistently shit instead.
>>
File: yubel.png (831KB, 536x1572px) Image search: [Google]
yubel.png
831KB, 536x1572px
GOD TIER:
GX Season 3(Monster world arc)
5D's Season 2(Dark Signers arc)

HIGH TIER
Arc-V Season 1(Standard Dimension)
ZEXAL Season 2(Barian Emperors Arc)
5D's Season 1(Fortune Cup)
DM Season 6(Finale Arc)
GX Season 4(DARKNESS Arc)

MID TIER
GX Season 2(Society of Light Arc)
DM Season 2(Battle City Arc)
DM Season 1(Duelist Kingdom Arc)
5D's Season 4(Ark Cradle Arc)
Season 0
LOW TIER
DM Season 4(Waking the Dragons Arc)
DM Season 5(World Championship Arc)
GX Season 1(Seven Stars Arc)
5D's Season 3(WRGP Arc)
ZEXAL Season 1(Duel Carnival Arc)
Arc-V Season 2(Synchro Dimension Arc)

SHIT TIER
Arc-V Season 3(Xyz Dimension Arc)

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING KONAMI TIER
Arc-V Season 4(Fusion Dimension Arc)
>>
>>159056867
the dark signers arc has a LOT of really good character development and plot development, and there were a lot of solid duels, like Yusei vs Kiryu.
>>
>>159055206
>Sounds like you didn't bother to even watch it
That sounds like you're being a jackass about it. What I said didn't even insinuate that I was pretending you little slut.
>>
>>159045036
These cards existed because the other superior ones were banned at the time.
These things are great packfiller.
There was a dark period where MST wasn't legal.
>>
>>159057752
>getting this mad over an anon on 4chan being a jackass
lmao
>>
>>159041942
It's like a pendulum.
>>
>>159047468
>Kaiba was always the least mature of the cast.
Was the only guy with a real job and was both a business and technological genius.
>>
>>159058390
>lmao
Fuck off faggot.
>>
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk_K14AHd4E

This just screams autism.
>>
Vrains when?
>>
>>159059393
lmao
>>
>>159059452
>11 minutes
No thanks
>>
That first season where Yugi Moto went around killing people he didn't like was probably the best.
>>
>>159059934
I bet you miss Arc V faggot.
>>
>>159060252
Ouch anon, I'm going to need aloe for that burn

lmao
>>
>>159060268
Nah just pointing out your shit taste.
>>
>>159060397
>implying anyone misses Arc-V
>needing to project spontaneous flaws onto random anons
l m a o
>>
>>159060532
Why would you think anyone wants to watch 30 minutes of this?
>>
So is there a VRains episode today or not?
>>
>>159060606
Nope, the show took a break this week. No one knows why since I'm pretty sure it's not sports.
>>
The one where Yugi&co. go to the land where the card monsters are real and that hot girls gets almost killed by orcs in a scene that looks a lot like rape
>>
>>159059452
>actually watch it
>she acknowledges the second half is a goddamn mess and all the faults with EGAO and the other problems
>>
>>159060644
Because they need that spot for a musical festival
>>
>>159060532
>Complains that the movie is no substance nostalgia pandering
>Then goes on to bitch about Atem not using Slifer or Exodia when he came back
>Complains that a movie continuing the manga doesn't include anime filler and changes
>Only valid complaint is that Diva is a shit villain
>>
>>159035430
GX was a mistake

A very fun mistake.
>>
>>159060532
>giving a shit about youtubers
>>
>>159034825
GX and DM are my favorites because of nostalgia. Only watched a few pisodes of 5ds but by that time I was too old for YGO
>>
>>159060644
It's so next week can use TWO episodes worth of animation budget!
Also because the animation budget was slashed in half again.
>>
I realised that the reason VRAINS feels different to other the Yugioh series is because plot and duels are far more segregated.

Meaning we haven't had characters giving their fucking life stories between turns yet, which I actually quite like, even if it means every other episode is a plot episode.

I hope it stays that way and that the animation gets better
>>
File: pic001 (2).jpg (106KB, 915x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pic001 (2).jpg
106KB, 915x1200px
> half the thread is full of dub watching nostalgiafags or TAS watchers

This board has gone downhill
>>
>>159062009
Even with Go we still got part of his life story during the duel, but it was through cuts to the kids, inferences based on stuff that happened leading up to the duel, and Ignis actually looking into the guy's background before and during the duel. It's not Go himself telling us the backstory because why the fuck would he even do that?

One of VRAINS' definite strong suits so far is that it doesn't treat the viewer like a complete idiot. It lets them think ahead and try to figure out shit for themselves.
>>
>>159053086
It's from Kaz's instagram.
>>
>>159053058
>ARC-V was barely about card games
I think that's what I liked about it (until it turned to shit anyway). I liked that the real solid vision concept was treated as a method for warfare since it felt like a logical, and practical extension of what it was originally envisioned for. It was a refreshing subversion of the norm and it actually tied nicely into the type of duel spirit combat shit judai would pull back during later parts of GX, where he'd just summon neos to fire fucking laser beams to prevent himself from being harmed outside of duels, and thereby force a duel between himself and his opponent as a means to an end. Considering that the Fusion dimension was the villain; it felt like a nice nod to how different societies handled their shit.

Honestly, the first sign of the show going downhill was having random duels shoved into every ep for no particular reason though. Fucking shinji vs tsukikage being the most egregious example; shit could've been easily skipped.
>>
>>159053146
Pop culture revolves around sports and celebrities here. Replace that with card game celebrities and card games as the "sport" of choice, and it becomes rather believable, honestly. Actually, that's what made the action duels of arc-v conceptually the most logical version of that. It was basically a physical sport that just happened to feature a card game aspect. It's a shame that it didn't really get a good showing outside of a few standard arc duels that really showed how exciting that shit could be (Shun/Sora, Yuya/Sawatari), but the concept is rather brilliant.
>>
>>159053900
Rin and Yugo.
>>
>>159062238
If you're watching the anime past the second series, you're in no position to look down upon others

I don't mean that in a "you're too old to be watching that" way. I mean it in the "this shit was always stupid" way.
>>
>>159057154
I'd put GX season 4 in god tier and Season 3 in high tier; but other than that I'd completely agree.
>>
>>159062826
I actually liked Mario Kart Duels, but feel they suffered due to highly predictable action card plays. Yuzu v ENJOY was decent because of the general unpredictability of the action cards, and Yuya v Shinji was also acceptable.

Even if people don't realize it, one of the biggest issues that most people have with Action Cards is that they're predictable as hell.
>Character is in a bad spot
>No face-down cards
>No/Few cards in hand
>There's still like 15 minutes left in the episode
>BONUS: They will lose if they take this hit
>DOUBLE BONUS: People verbally note their impending loss onscreen
>ACTION MAGIKCU: KAIHEI
The real travesty is that once the Friendship Cup starts you can reliably predict the exact action card any particular duelist will pick up 9 times of 10.
>>
>>159062962
At this point, might as well just let both players pick the card they want from their decks when they draw, it's not like the show works any differently. If anything it adds actual strategy, since you have to imagine the card your opponent will choose.
>>
File: kotori butt.png (243KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
kotori butt.png
243KB, 600x800px
>>159062238
Kotori is thicc
>>
File: When_you_get_btfo_39_d.gif (2MB, 598x448px) Image search: [Google]
When_you_get_btfo_39_d.gif
2MB, 598x448px
>tfw you will never see a scene like this again.
>>
Which card game kino should I watch next?
Is the vanguard anime any good?
>>
>>159062962
This, 90% of the Action Cards used after Season One were either KAIHEI, KISEKI, or KASOKU.
>>
>>159064505
when was that again?
>>
>>159064778
First Zane vs Judai duel in GX?
>>
>>159064778
looks like judai vs the kaiser.
>>
>>159064778
episode 8 of gx
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 563x436px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 563x436px
Judai is the the protagonist that loses the most, right?

Or is it Yuya now?

Is the series helped by having the main character humbled or is Yusei's synchro Jesus the way to go?
>>
>>159064505
That's a really nice scene.
>>
>>159065052
I think having a character that has the potential to lose gives more depth.

and the biggest lose-rate is yuma.
>>
>>159065052
Judai actually got humbled when he first lost to Kaiser.But he saw it as a learning expirience that he used for the graduation duel.

But imo it depends on the writer.
>>
>>159065052
Going by the wiki, yuya lost about 13 times on screen, while yuma lost 12 times. Both of them are implied to have lost even more offscreen.

Judai only lost about 3 times (zane, kaibaman and osamu); however he duelled so much, he is actually the one with the most wins.
>>
>>159065469
yuma lost over 50 times offscreen through the anime, and had a 0% winrate at the start of the series.
>>
>>159065052
Yuya had arguably the most plot-relevant losses and possibly the greatest amount of onscreen losses, having lost to Reiji, Jack, and Sergey (and also he lost to Yuzu in ep 2, but the plot importance of that was tied to him learning how pendulums worked rather than his win/loss record).

If we count backstory shit though Yuma has the most losses easily since his backstory involves him absolutely never winning. Although, he almost never lost in the series proper and he never lost a plot important duel aside maybe if you count the duel vs shark in ep 10 as plot important.
>>
>>159066545
he got his shit slapped by kaito twice onscreen too.
>>
>>159065156
The problem with Yuma is that the plot basically wrote him into a corner by the idea that Astral dies and the plot ends if Yuma lost once vs anyone important. It completely killed the tension of most of his duels unless they had some greater character interaction backing them (which is what made shit like Yuma vs Nasch work so splendidly).
>>
>>159066751
He only actually lost vs him in ep 73 though; which was just a friendly duel with no stakes.
>>
>>159066797
I mean, I know the first duel was unresolved, but yuma got his shit slapped in his first duel.

then there was also his duel against Mizael, where yuma clearly lost before Kaito interrupted and iirc forced a draw.
>>
>>159066545
Watching Yuma get crushed by Shark in ep 10 was so satisfying.

>>159065505
Also, this was a big problem in early Zexal, Yuam was too bad at literally everything, he came across not as a goof, but as an actual retard. Which made a lot of his serious battle feel unearned.
>>
File: 25901843_p5.jpg (244KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
25901843_p5.jpg
244KB, 960x960px
>>159064399
Kotori is really fucking cute. Yuma lucked out.
>>
>>159066899
That's the problem though. Yuma comes CLOSE to losing; but the plot's written in such a way that he's never forced to actually face losing unless there's no stakes involved since too much is riding on his victory. It stands in contrast to moments like Yugi vs Kaiba at Duelist Kingdom where Yugi is FORCED to lose and has to build up his own confidence again after being faced with the worst case scenario in a duel. Zexal's structure doesn't afford Yuma this luxury and the show (or rather Yuma's part in the show) suffers for it.
>>
>>159065505
>>159066545
>people forgetting that Yuya lost to Gogenzaka 112 times offscreen while trying to figure out Pendulum Summoning between episodes 2 and 3.
>>
When I look back at GX now I can't help but wonder why did Judai have such a boner for Johan.
>>
>>159067284
the two both had a childlike love for their cards and had special snowflake connections to their decks.
>>
>>159067365
>>159067284
and they both could see spirits, it feels good not to be the only person in the group of friends to see stuff no one else can.
>>
>>159062238
Nostalgiafags and shippers are reasons that YGO threads deteriorate into shitposting with no discussion.
I remembered the time when Yuzufags were going full denial about her Duel against Sergey.
If you talk to any YGO fan about the best series, 99% they'll stick to the Opinion of DM and GX being the only good Shows for nostalgia reasons while not even having watched all Spin-offs or read their corresponding Mangas.
Shit like this is why Duel Links is an absolute money hoard by Konami and catering to said fanbase with Speed Duels and Skills in VRAINS.
Having stayed on this Game for years hasn't brought any merit because Konami hates anything that wasn't succesful for them.
I ain't even mad that DM Legacy Support is absolutely useless Card Design sometimes and a waste of pack space, because these kinds of fans refuse to play in a fast format and only complain about extra deck summoning.
I can only hope for VRAINS to be a good show as much as I dislike Link Summoning for killing diversity.
>>
>>159067130
That just made Yuya come off as a super retard. Pendulum summoning isn't nearly that hard to figure out even without a rulebook.
>>
>>159067539
What about Chazz?
>>
>>159067539
Manjoume could see spirits as well though.
>>
>>159067719
Chazz I think could only see those 3 imps, unless his skill improved in time? Not that they got that close in the first place, while johan pretty much accepted jaden instantly.
>>
>>159067719
>>159067839
Manjoume hated his spirits and wasn't a huge fan of the Duel Spirit stuff to begin with. He's a foil to Judai and Johan in that regard.
>>
>>159049530
>Lose to a guy who hasn't played the game in years when you've been constantly practicing ever since the moment he beat the pharaoh
>Didn't even have a counter for his strategy

Damn. Kaiba needs to get a hobby beyond this card game.
>>
>>159060423
Why don't you develop like the Arc V cast? Oh wait.
>>
>>159071648
I'm guessing that made a lot more sense in your head
>>
>>159065052
This is the loss ratio for the MCs.

Pharaoh
>Kaiba
>Rafael
>Yugi

Yugi
>Undefeated

Judai
>Kaiser
>Kaibaman
>Edo

Yusei
>Flashback Jack
>Kiryu

Yuma
>Shark
>Kaitox2
>Bunch of other times

Yuya
>Fucking Yuzu
>Reiji
>Jack
>Sergey

Yuma is basically the worst duelist but with the most broken deck.
>>
>>159071884
If you don't understand that joke, you need to be reeducated.
>>
>>159067284
In the beginning they were basically the same guy and they shared the same interests. Then after Johan saved Judai, Judai felt responsible for the whole situation because of Yubel fucking everything up.

The gay meme doesn't make sense when he felt guilty and depressed for about the whole second half of the series for good reason.
>>
>>159072475
It was supposed to be funny?
>>
File: tumblr_ndkybtoaY21seysdxo1_1280.png (325KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndkybtoaY21seysdxo1_1280.png
325KB, 800x1200px
>>159066958
Both Yuma and Yuya, to be honest.
>>
>>159073241
I'm just shitting on you man. You deserve it all.
>>
>>159072373
if we were to swap decks between the MCs and have them duel in a round robin format with everyone using all the decks, who would come on top and who would be everyone's bitch? would Jesus Fudo win?
>>
>>159073437
Why though? First anon I've seen in a very long time who gets buttblasted this easily. Don't take /a/ so seriously lmao, you'll raise your cortisol
>>
>>159073620
I'm just fucking wit you but you keep replying, my dude. You must love getting that hate.
>>
Do you guys like the original Yu-Gi-Oh!'s dub?
>>
>>159073770
Only because I miss the other anon from the other vrains thread. He was a lot more amusing to poke even though I'm pretty sure he was just doing it to bump the thread
>>
>>159073792
i barely remember it at this point, it has been 12 years since i watched it
>>
>>159073461
I think that Yugi is the best and Yuya is the worst
Yuma would be the worst but he has better hacks than Yuya
>>
>>159062734
>Honestly, the first sign of the show going downhill was having random duels shoved into every ep for no particular reason though.
Yeah there were some weird choices on occasion on which duels needed to be fully shown and which needed to be skipped or crammed into 1/3rd of an episode like Sora vs Yuya despite how important the duel was for Sora's character and his friendship with Yuya
>>
>>159035430
You shut your slut mouth about GX.

Especially if you're talking about the GX manga.
>>
>>159073461
Yugi no matter what deck would crush anyone. Still undefeated after 20 years of Yugioh manga and anime.
>>
>>159073864
That's because VRAINS is garbage homey. You should know this.
>>
>>159072373
Yugi technically lost to Rebecca.
>>
>>159074429
Didn't he lose to that ancient Chinese magical cards guy in the manga?
>>
>>159074753
To be fair, that was the old Yugi before he got his confidence boosted by Atem. He hadn't gone through any of the changes that made him unbeatable until the match with Bakura.
>>
>>159048515
His soul/fate was literally tied to Atems or other gay shit like that.

He had a right he a final duel.
>>
>>159074599
I wouldn't count that bullshit.

>>159074753
It's been a long time so I don't remember much. But in the anime he should be at least.
>>
File: Capture1.jpg (105KB, 996x525px) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.jpg
105KB, 996x525px
>Vrains episode 7 gets a 95% great
I guess the nips are warming up to the show
>>
>>159075300
Let's see how long this lasts.
>>
File: DDaZvauUAAUHksi.jpg (111KB, 818x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DDaZvauUAAUHksi.jpg
111KB, 818x1200px
>>159075300
The show is good thats why
Thread posts: 410
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.