[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the quality of an anime inversely related to the number

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170627-000211.png (619KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170627-000211.png
619KB, 1280x720px
Is the quality of an anime inversely related to the number of episodes?
>>
I have yet to see a good animeme get past six seasons and conclude with satisfaction
>>
>>159024418
Ive always noticed I enjoy short but sweet animes like Gabdro and One Punch Man. Nothing really over 25 episodes.
>>
>>159024386
Watch more anime. 1 cour anime weren't always the norm, they're a very recent thing.
Most anime in the 70s, 80s, 90s and early 2000s lasted more than 12 episodes, which means that was also the case for the good shows.
>>
>>159024524
Im saying one season anime keeps things quality. The story, animation and feeling of a series is better when its short. On the other hand anime that last long into the 500 episode period tend to be bad shonen like One Piece and Naruto. Of course there are also bad anime that are short and good long ones but on average it seems short anime are correlative with higher quality.
>>
>>159024687
That isn't true. You may prefer shorter series, but there's no correlation between the quality of the story and the number of episodes. One could argue that both formats have their pros and their cons, as a larger amount of episodes allows for more worldbuilding and other stuff, while short series can get to the point more easily.
As for the production values, what you said is true in theory, but the truth is that the Japanese will always find a way to cut some costs, no matter the length of the show. I can certainly name a few shows in recent memory that look great(Kuzu no Honkai, Shingeki no Bahamut), but it's not always the case. In fact, Gabdrop is a pretty good example of that because its animation is subpar and its artstyle looks dated. Long-running series also have their fair share of issues in that department; One Piece and other similar shows often get outsourced to Korea and China, which means the quality fluctuates a lot and an episode looking good or not depends entirely on its visual director, if they're "in-house" or not. But I can list a lot of anime that go past the 30 episodes mark and still look amazing, Gundam, for example, has many examples of that(Zeta, Turn A). HxH 2011 also maintained a good level of quality even if I found the art direction lacking in comparison to 99.
To sum it up, there's no real correlation between quality and number of episodes. 1-cour and 2-cour anime are also so widespread that I've come to see longer anime as more ambitious.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.