[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Switching back over from exclusively ddl, was it impossible to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: daadaadaa.jpg (45KB, 225x318px) Image search: [Google]
daadaadaa.jpg
45KB, 225x318px
Switching back over from exclusively ddl, was it impossible to find anyone seeding decade+ old anime even when nyaa was around? I don't know the state of BakaBT but at this point, fucking kissanime has infinitely better availability and quality for old shit than any public tracker.
>>
How does it feel to know the culture's been reduced to following currently airing anime?
>>
nyaa is still around but it was never about old anime. Lurk more and learn to use google.
>>
>>159015859
Been here for ~8 years now, it's not that I need to lurk more, it's that between shit like this and the death of fansubbing a while back, shit's dead outside of private trackers. You're just in denial.
>>
>>159014941
>was it impossible to find anyone seeding decade+ old anime even when nyaa was around
Nyaa was never for old stuff, that was Bakabt. Also, the death of Nyaa has affected absolutely nothing anime-wise.

> the death of fansubbing a while back
What the hell does the death of fansubbing have to do with old shows not being seeded on torrent aggregators? That's about new subs being created, not previously-made subs being seeded, and it was almost entirely a new-release phenomenon, anyway - retro groups were always niche and have remained so, but were barely affected by the rise of simulcasts because those basically don't touch old stuff.
>>
>>159016656
>What the hell does the death of fansubbing have to do with old shows not being seeded on torrent aggregators
Because no one gives a shit anymore. The old subs didn't disappear, obviously, but no one's seeding them because most people watching anime have no reason to even come near torrents (why would you if it's the same as CR?). It used to be (and still is for things like vidya where torrents are alive and well) that at least a small percentage of the new blood would go to the old shit and keep it alive, but there's none of that whatsoever now. You can't even middle-popularity shit from 15 years ago now, it's fucked.

This is all for public trackers and how that community spills over into /a/ and shit, though. I make no claims about private trackers, I'm sure BakaBT is doing just fine.
>>
>>159016854
>The old subs didn't disappear, obviously, but no one's seeding them because most people watching anime have no reason to even come near torrents (why would you if it's the same as CR?).
What. First off, I still don't see what that has to do with fansubs dying, since the stuff that doesn't have seeds isn't usually shit you can find on CR, and the people who'd potentially seed it aren't the kind who'd be streaming, anyway, so this logic is flawed (and you could always stream stuff, to boot; with a much bigger selection than CR has). Second off, as I just said, nyaa was basically never reliable for old stuff. Your time as exclusively-DDL is misleading you about how things were, I think. That's the main reason people used BBT (before it went private a few months ago) - for the old stuff that they had and nyaa didn't.
>>
>>159016984
>I still don't see what that has to do with fansubs dying
More people torrenting their anime in general means there's going to be spillover. A lot of users means the difference between 0 and 2 seeders on random shit, even if the vast majority would be there for newer things. You're right if we're speaking in general, but here a few outliers that come with any influx of people are a huge deal.
>Your time as exclusively-DDL is misleading you about how things were, I think
That's possible. I missed torrents so maybe I misremembered things, but when it's impossible to find anything but the most popular anime from before simulcasting became the norm, it's hard to say things are in a good state. There isn't even a way out atm, is there? I hear BakaBT doesn't even have an invite system yet.
>>
>>159014941
Are you high right now? How the hell can Kissanime have better quality then the actual files when everything there is reencoded FROM those files. It has better availablity but worse quality.
>>
>>159017344
Meaning from better sources that are no longer being seeded on public trackers, while you may be able to find a shitty source with a seeder or two somewhere. It was a garbage point and mostly out of frustration, though, availability is what I was trying to get at.
>>
File: 4th_grade_mama.jpg (76KB, 361x450px) Image search: [Google]
4th_grade_mama.jpg
76KB, 361x450px
>>159014941
Ok OP, where the hell can I actually find shows like the one you posted? Because holy hell if this obscure 'subgenre' of shoujo isn't the single most overlooked and underappreciated thing in all anime.
>>
>>159019574
Wish I had a good answer for you. Daa! Daa! Daa! in particular and a lot of anime on that level of semi-obscurity are on kissanime and shit, but if you want to find a seeded non-Russian subbed torrent, you're pretty much fucked...maybe BakaBT, but that's private with no invite system atm.

I'm trying to watch every TV anime released last decade that I can get my hands on in order, so this is a pretty frustrating problem. For Mama wa Shougaku 4 Nensei, are you sure that's even been subbed beyond episode 5? Even looking at shit that no one's seeding, I only see batches of 1-5, and the DDL links I'm finding only show 5 episodes. I think you're fucked there.
>>
I made an old Daa! Daa! Daa! video featuring Chris-chan.

She was literally the best thing about the anime.
>>
>>159019792
>are you sure that's even been subbed beyond episode 5

I know Nip, I specifically want to find it for this reason.
>>
>>159020455
If you're just looking for any source, it's on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dnaov62cX-T5CV1ewXgmJgprhcv3HbL

if you're looking for a torrent like I imagine you are, you're still fucked
>>
>>159014941
Have you tried animetorrents?
>>
File: 1494334926685.gif (110KB, 330x287px) Image search: [Google]
1494334926685.gif
110KB, 330x287px
>>159019574
>>159019792
I know this may sound funny, but try NICELY asking on /m/ in the Nyaa recovery threads - >>>/m/15632599
check out their links for ddl sites as well
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.