[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Survival Manga Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: iamahero.jpg (53KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
iamahero.jpg
53KB, 225x350px
What makes a good survival manga, /a/?
What are your favorites?
>>
have you read suicide island ? its got a lot of outdoors facts and themes
>>
>>159008807
i haven't, but thanks, it looks interesting.
>>
I liked hajime no ippo
>>
>>159006128
>What makes a good survival manga, /a/?

Not knowing who will survive or backstab. Believable escapes from death.
>>
>>159006128
I thought I am a Hero was absolutely awful.

Suicide Island is my favourite survival manga, or 7 seeds if that counts.
I judge survival manga by the same metrics as any other manga.
>>
Survival and that's the legit name
>>
btooom , mirai nikki , dangan ronpa and deadman wonderland

IDC deadman wonderland is cool
>>
The Promised Neverland
>>
>>159006128
I dropped that because it felt like some drawn out social commentary for miserable hikiNEET losers instead of a survival series.
>>
>>159006128
the first part of Dragon Head was pretty interesting.
>>
Worlds end Harem
>>
It really depends on what the manga is trying to do. A lot of "survival" series talk about it initially but it never amounts to anything more than a plot point and the cast never worries about food supplies, obtaining a clean stable source of water, securing shelter/fortifications or the creation of weapons for hunting defending. In these cases I don't really consider them survival oriented and they mostly turn into battle manga or some comedy stuff which can be good.

As mentioned suicide island is a great survival manga because of the suicide plot device which gives the excuse for examining the psychological effects of subsistence level survival and makes the characters personal motivations all the more relevant and important. The way the plot focuses not only on obtaining resources but beating back the enemy faction also makes it more interesting.
>>
>>159006128
I liked I Am A Hero up until Oda died.
What the fuck was that? Did Hiromi just forget who had the medical experience to pull a crossbow bolt out of her head without killing her?
Or who took care of her for fucking ages and saved her ass countless times? Did the author just forget to have Oda mention even one of those things?

The final arc in Tokyo was also complete trash that ruined so many good things the series had going for it.
Don't even get me fucking started on the ending.
>>
>>159012368
>Don't even get me fucking started on the ending.
I liked the ending.
>>
>>159008807
Seconding this, it starts rather boring but becomes extremely comfy very soon. It's not going to change your life but it's a very decent read.
>>
File: 1439064415451.gif (811KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
1439064415451.gif
811KB, 500x274px
>>159012435
>>
7 seeds is nice
>>
File: 0ae.png (58KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
0ae.png
58KB, 600x468px
>>159012435
>>
>>159012040
He said good.
>>
>>159006128
Like /out/ level? I wish
>>
The only good survival manga are ones with some kind of realism or good suspension of disbelief
The rest just turn into or start as generic "anime" stories
>>
>>159008807
Oh god. I dropped it so fucking hard after it first it started dragging out really hard and then villain got killed by sharks.
>>
>>159009260
>fucking tripfag
Get out.
>>
I liked Dragon Head. It transitioned from a tunnel to various parts of Japan until they fought a cult drugged by the government, then a volcano and that was fucked up. I would have killed to see a proper conclusion when I was younger.
>>
>>159010630
name one manga that focuses more on the survival story than i am a hero. He literally spent one of his last few chapters describing how to salvage lead and make your own buckshot cartridge.
>>
is Gantz a survival manga
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.