[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start watching Gundam >the ONE YEAR WAR IS A HUGE DEAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: latest[1].jpg (41KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
41KB, 480x480px
>start watching Gundam
>the ONE YEAR WAR IS A HUGE DEAL
>there's a war every 2 fucking years with Zeon

So why is it a big deal again?
>>
>>158949524
The One Year War cut the entire human population in half. Everything after that might as well have been a slapfight.
>>
>>158949614
Add to that how the following wars are just grudges and resentment from the One Year War resurfacing.
Only the late UC era wars (Cosmo Babylonia, the Jupiter Empire, the Zanscare empire) are not directly related to Zeon, and even then they use as excuse for the war the same one as Zeon and the machines used for said wars are based on the technology born during the OYW.
>>
>>158949884
>and even then they use as excuse for the war the same one as Zeon
Gee, I bet it's just because they shamelessly copied it and not because it was an actual issue or something.
>>
>>158949524
Because colony drop and stuff.
>>
>>158950509
Minovsky particles and shit
>>
>>158949524
Actually watch the shows next time.
>>
>>158949524
I didn't realize "start watching Gundam" meant reading a couple Wikipedia articles anon.
also >>>/m/
>>
Because it was essentially no holds barred, both sides committing acts of genocide with weapons of mass destruction. Something like 6 billion humans died in that timeframe if I remember correctly, so they actually had to establish rules and shit for future engagements.
>>
>>158950982
I made it through all of 0079 and even ZZ (which was worse than 0079, desu)
and yeah, I guess
>>158949614
is right.
But it seems like it's always about humanity on earth getting fucked up, because space people aren't treated well. So the stakes are similar in a lot of situations.
>>
>>158949524
It was the first space war.
>>
>>158951125
You'll find that most Gundam TV series are worse than 0079 in most ways but animation
>>
>>158952482
I watched 0079 for the first time recently and I was shocked to see how 0079 felt like an actual war and the White Base was fighting mainly for survival, unlike the other Gundam shows I watched.
>>
File: confused bread blaster.jpg (45KB, 577x622px) Image search: [Google]
confused bread blaster.jpg
45KB, 577x622px
>>158949524
>WW2 was a big deal
>there's small conflicts every single second since
>>
>>158949614
This.
>>
>>158949524
It's a big deal because it's the largest scale conflict in the Gundam universe for the time being. In every subsequent series, Zeon get progressively smaller to the point where they're just a terrorist group in Unicorn - but even then they're dick enough to continue resorting to the most destructive methods possible.

The subsequent wars in F91, Victory, Turn A and G-Reco are nowhere near that destructive or grandiose (although arguably Turn A and G-Reco both involve larger forces, most of them don't get to see active service).
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.