[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this show worth watching? Anything like K-ON?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Love_Live!_promotional_image.jpg (67KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
Love_Live!_promotional_image.jpg
67KB, 300x425px
Is this show worth watching? Anything like K-ON?
>>
>Is this show worth watching?

Mediocre. It can be fun and comfy enough but the characters are basically archetype templates that receive little to no development (other than maybe Honoka), and the dance segments are awful 3DCG. It's basically an advertisement for the albums.

>Anything like K-ON?

Only in the most superficial sense (high school girls' music club). K-On has a smaller core cast but develops and fleshes them out much better, and is about the character relationships and interactions rather than working towards a lofty goal (Love Live is about the girls trying to become the top school idol group). K-On's art and animation is also an order of magnitude better.

I haven't watched Sunshine so I can't tell you if that's better or worse than the other Love Live.
>>
Yeah for nico nico ni
>>
>>158925853
This post is accurate.
And I can add that Sunshine is worse than original.
>>
I have this fantasy where I'm put in charge of directing a season 3 of a popular CGDCT anime, like K-ON or Love Live.
In this fantasy I come up with ways to piss off the otaku the most. So I give them all (foreigner) boyfriends after making the girls reject advances by the Japanese males. Then those foreigner boyfriends cheat on them or leave the country while the girls remain pregnant with their kids. Then I would browse otaku forums for their reactions.
>>
The show certainly isn't perfect and yeah, the character development and screentime really could have been done better. But if you like idols and cute girls you are bound to get some enjoyment out of it. K-On! and Love Live despite having cute girls and music as a main premise are different from each other.
>>
>>158925663
the shows arent really that similar
>>
K-on much like Azumanga Daioh was based around the girls personalities

Love Live is just utsy cutsy sacchrine garbage where the girls have no real personalities beyond UYAAAAAAAAA SPARKLE

fuck even the first season of Idolmaster understood you need to have some kind of actual personality to the characters
>>
>>158925663
K-ON is amazing, it was made with love and care. KyoAni had one idea in mind when they made this show, to develop great characters and have as much as fun as possible, and it stayed true to it. The Love Live anime on the other hand, is just a cashgrab adaptation made to sell music and merch. It's decent but its not anything on the level of K-On. If you can read moon runes, go read the manga because it is far, far superior to the anime.
>>158926117
>Sunshine worse than original
This is false, I would definitely argue that Sunshine was better despite rehashed plot points solely because the original's 2nd year drama plot was so awful, it made the 3rd years drama plot look like something from Nana or Clannad.
>>
>>158926171
That would piss off only Japanese otakus, not us. Well, it would piss us off a little, but knowing that the Japanese are having it worse would make it worth it. The worst part is that some people might fetishize it and make series like that mainstream.
>>
>>158926364
>to develop great characters and have as much as fun as possible
When does that start? Because I never could pass chapter 3, I still rage when I remember then counting cars.
>>
>>158925663
it's not like k-on, they aren't that similar
>>
>>158926364
Sunshine is the biggest sack of nothing, worse than LL S1
Half the characters don't even acknowledge the others existence
>>
It's worth watching for better context on the doujins.
>>
>>158925663
The anime doesn't even include their best songs, and the plot seems really rushed. Practically all the other material, manga, the diaries, even the fucking phone game's stories, are better.
>>
>>158925663
The anime is garbage, but the rest of the franchise has a lot to offer. I would recommend trying it at least.
>>
>>158926402
Why the fuck would that make you rage?
>>
>>158926171

heh...nothin personnel kid
>>
>>158926171
I have this fantasy where I'm put in charge of a new LL anime, and I have the Student Council President approving the club without any dramas.

>>158926808
It didn't make me rage the first time, I rage when I remember how much time I lost watching the most absolute nothing.
>>
>>158926402
poseur
>>
>>158925853
I have heard that there is going to be a Love Live concert at AX this year, so I was wondering if it would be worth watching.
>>
Riko and Honk are my waifus.
Also
>塩かずのこ doing full lewd finally
What an age to be living in
https://twitter.com/siokazunoko/status/878637402008334336
>>
>>158925663
Yes. One of the Best Idol Anime.
>>
>>158925663
No.
>>
File: 1488567457161.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488567457161.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>158925663
S2 has the best character episodes.
>>
>>158925663
Is this an accurate depiction of the show?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5lUvjvXn4E
>>
File: 1497991905631.png (22KB, 231x194px) Image search: [Google]
1497991905631.png
22KB, 231x194px
>adored Love Live
>didn't care for K-ON
I don't even know why. It's obvious that K-ON is a much better animated and directed anime, but LL and its characters resonated with me like nothing ever could.
>>
>>158933051
Because animation and direction won't make you love the characters.
>>
>>158933051
K-ON is boring
>>
>>158925663
Love Live is more fun
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.