[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Mecha the best genre of anime? Its certainly one of the longest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1498361146279.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498361146279.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
Is Mecha the best genre of anime? Its certainly one of the longest lasting and one of the more famous examples.
>>
If the viewer is into mechs, sure.
>>
>>158924677
No, it just have the most pretentious fan base of all them out there.
>>
>>158924677
Well per anime they have the most interesting characters, settings, animation, design, OSTs, and directorship, so yeah, they are.

And on't get me started on the plots..
>>
>>158924677
It's still unique in a world of unoriginal s
>>
Mecha isn't a genre, it's part of the setting.
There's basically nothing that Tetsujin, GaoGaiGar, Neo Ranga, VOTOMS, Overman King Gainer, Nadesico, Patlabor, or Brigadoon have in common other than robots are part of the setting and a few of the feature fights.
>>
>>158924677
Hell yeah its fucking good.
>the feeling killing two-legged ants while sitting inside the comfort of your robot
>the feeling of blowing up other robots and war planes
Only in mecha anime can you feel those
>>
>>158926847
When a setting is so overused it became a genre, stupid anon-kun.
>>
>>158926897
And what similarities do any of the shows I mentioned have other than robots?
One is a noir-esk show about a robot controlled by a boy detective who tries to assist the police solving crimes.
One is about worldwide organization with sentient combiner robots fight aliens that take over machines.
One is about three girls who inherit an old god from their brother, and have to deal with the political ramifications of having a creature that large lumber around japan.
One is about a group of people who attempt to migrate away from domes controlled by distribution companies, and settle their own cities by traveling through the tundra.

The setting is different every time, you don't make a genre about shoes for every anime that has shoes, not every show is a copy of Gundam, or Mazinger, especially when thematically the shows rely on completely different and use different tropes. Hell even Magic Knight Rayearth is more similar to something like Slayers than ANY other mecha anime.
>>
>>158927431
Sorry, tldr
But here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecha
>>
>>158924677
The last decent Mecha anime was Code Gayass, even Gundam 00 tried to imitate but failed miserably.
>>
>>158927609
>mobile posters not knowing how to read or think so they just accept what wikipedia says

Wikipedia is written by aspies who can't think for themselves anon.
>>
>>>/m/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.